The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Thread Monday 2 May

3 posters

Go down

Daily Thread Monday 2 May Empty Daily Thread Monday 2 May

Post by racingnut Mon May 02, 2011 11:22 am

It has to be said that even for a Bank Holiday todays fare is pretty poor.Trawled through the cards in the hope of finding even the smallest interest but have drawn a blank at Windsor,Chepstow,Kempton and Warwick.However over at Beverley theres two that just might be of interest.VIOLENT VELOCITY and FIBS AND FLANNEL have both shown the ability to win a handicap by quickening up at or around the furlong pole.They have both shown a liking for a similar track,the ground is fine and the handicap marks compared to their victories are favourable.Anything around 7/2 for Violent Velocity and 5s or more for Fibs and Flannel just might cause me to part with a small amount of hard earned,although after Memorys debacle yesterday i just might watch instead!
Good luck if any of you play today thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Daily Thread Monday 2 May Empty Re: Daily Thread Monday 2 May

Post by Solerina Mon May 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi Racing,

I see they're hoping Memory can redeem herself in the French 1000 Guineas in two weeks time

Sporting Life

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon May 02, 2011 7:30 pm

She could start at 1000/1 in France and i still wouldnt back her,once a horse does that to me then i wont go back.I dont mind losing,in fact i take it better than anybody i know but to lose when you havent had any sort of chance leaves a bitter taste.Shes done it twice,she got away with it at Ascot but did it good and proper yesterday.In my book shes a rogue,an arrant jade and not to be trusted.Rant over furious

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Racing today was poor,the two i put up ran ok without threatening but are certainly ones to keep an eye on.There was however a top flight performer on show at the Curragh and he didnt disappoint,So You Think made his debut for Coolmore and he absolutely hosed up,10l on the bridle.He is rated the equal of Workforce and if they clash in the Tattersalls Gold Cup it will be a stormer.He WILL be a major player in all the big mid distance pots in Europe this season.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Grahame1971 Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 pm

With you Racingnut in the fact that today was not good Bank Holiday fayre, i couldn't pick a single selection from any of todays cards so took at watching brief however i have to agree with you that the Aussie import So You Think is something very very special. The quality of the horse was never in doubt, to win a Cox plate and then appear just three days later in the Melbourne Cup and run so well makes this a quality animal, but watching that performance today has 'top drawer' written all over it. He'll bring it on to Workforce over the summer and i can only drool in anticipation at some of the clashes to come .... culminating hopefully with a stab at the Breeders Cup, following his sire High Chaparral (who of course is by the late, but greatest Sadlers Wells) .... After Frankels performance on Saturday, and So You Think today, this flat season just got a little more interesting. Very Happy

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon May 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Agree with you that the Flat just got very interesting indeed over the weekend.I was viewing it with the usual apathy but with a miler appearing who literally could rewrite the record books and this fella popping up to throw down the gauntlet to the older brigade it has suddenly burst into life.All i want now is for Jan Vermeer to throw his hat into the ring,i think he is the stables number one string for the 12f pots this Summer.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Mon May 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Agree with you that the Flat just got very interesting indeed over the weekend.I was viewing it with the usual apathy but with a miler appearing who literally could rewrite the record books and this fella popping up to throw down the gauntlet to the older brigade it has suddenly burst into life.All i want now is for Jan Vermeer to throw his hat into the ring,i think he is the stables number one string for the 12f pots this Summer.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down