The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

+14
Kay Fabe
Shot 21 LCFC
theundisputedY2D2
crippledtart
Mr H
NickisBHAFC
Mr Video Man
MIG
talkingpoint
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
hodge
Hero
shortnuff
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case) - Page 2 Empty Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb 2013, 9:20 am

First topic message reminder :

With Undertaker not showing up at Raw last night, does that put him out of Wrestlemania?

It will be hard to put together a credible storyline after missing last night.....

Back to top Go down

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case) - Page 2 Empty Re: Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 21 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

The streak will NEVER be broken.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case) - Page 2 Empty Re: Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

Nobody seems to get that Shot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

I'm one of them, I believe it should and will be broken

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Feb 2013, 2:21 pm

Don't think it will be broken and the only way i'd ever want it to be is if someone gets into a similar position of Randy Orton at WM21.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 21 Feb 2013, 2:22 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I'm one of them, I believe it should and will be broken

by whom and when? at 21-1? 22-1? 23-1? How many years does Taker have left and who is the right person for him to put over?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Feb 2013, 2:49 pm

Who knows who, who knows when... when is the right time? Probably when Taker has had enough, I always believe in a pay-off, plus we always hear that Taker is such a great guy to have and always does what's best for business so he'll know that when the time is right he should put someone over, plus, if Wrestling folklore is to be believed he has pushed at least twice in the past for someone to go over him, Angle and Orton so if he had that view at his peak then I've no doubts he'd have the same views now he isn't even part-time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 21 Feb 2013, 2:53 pm

I dont agree with the idea that it should be a relative up and comer to take the streak. With the WWE booking in a mess these days why run the risk of giving someone the streak on to completely drop the ball? In hindsight Orton probably should have been the guy. But for me the perfect guy was HBK. The man had seen it all and done it all, the streak was the only accolade missing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:03 pm

But with HBK there wasn't anything they could do with it as HBK was going. Whoever takes the streak will more than likely be around for another 5 years or so I would imagine so he can ride it for a while.

If Taker can go long enough I could realistically see Orton having another shot at the streak considering WM30 will be 9 years after his last attempt, promo wise Orton would play off the amount he has gotten better over that period and how much more a danger he is to the streak now. If believed he is having his heel turn soon WM30 or 31 could be good for him.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:18 pm

I don't care who ends it, i just want it to end. It should have been Michaels at 26, failing that it should have been HHH last year. The End of an Era would have been a fitting end.

Not just saying it because i'm a huge fan but Punk should end it. He's on the cusp of the absolute elite of the elite and being the one to end the streak will elevate him to marquee status. Does Punk 'need' it? Maybe he doesnt 'need' it but it could be the difference between a superstar or megastar career.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:19 pm

Just read that Taker lives in Austin Texas which is where next weeks RAW is....

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:39 pm

I said this 2 years ago, and I repeat it now:

If the streak ever ends I will gladly eat a plate of my own excrement live on webcam in front of you all. That is how confident I am.

THE STREAK WILL NEVER EEEEEEEVER BE BROKEN.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:48 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I said this 2 years ago, and I repeat it now:

If the streak ever ends I will gladly eat a plate of my own excrement live on webcam in front of you all. That is how confident I am.

you may be happy to do that but who would want to see it?! vomit

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 21 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

talkingpoint wrote:

i dont think i could..........it would be like a vile disgusting new version of two girls 1 cup
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Thu 21 Feb 2013, 4:51 pm

One half of me wants him to keep the streak because he never had the title runs his character deserved so his thing is the streak.

The other half agrees with Mr H, Punk ending the streak would propel him to superstardom.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 21 Feb 2013, 5:54 pm

sjh5678 wrote:
talkingpoint wrote:

i dont think i could..........it would be like a vile disgusting new version of two girls 1 cup

Good job the streak will NEVER be broken then so nobody will have to watch it. thumbsup

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Feb 2013, 9:29 pm

Why will it never be broken?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

because its too much of a risk........if a guy broke the streak it would be great for him but then if he got wellnessed too many times and got wished the best of luck in his future endeavours or decided not to renew his wwe contract and go to impact wrestling or something similar or left for whatever reason then the wwe wouldnt be able to capitalise on him beating undertaker...........whereas if taker keeps the streak its something that draws crowds and money each year as to who will challenge him and also you know the undertaker wont wrestle for any other company than wwe because he has a great deal with them that he wouldnt get with anyone else.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 21 Feb 2013, 10:07 pm

I'm not sure it would do anyone any favours to break the streak. I also think that sometimes it's best to give the people what they want. And, by and large, the people don't want the streak to be broken.

However, if it was to be broken, I'd want it to be broken by somebody who would be elevated by beating The Undertaker, and who could main event for years to come. Punk fits into both of those categories, although I think he can be a massive star regardless of whether he ends the streak.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:32 pm

I think CM Punk would be perfect for it, there is no doubt Punk fits the bill, he also in my opinion does need a huge Mania moment that propels him into the same bracken as Cena/HHH/Lesnar/Undertaker/Rock...In my opinion he just isn't at that level in terms of box office, going with Punk who is a proven talent and a go to guy in the WWE would also eliminate the risk that he could be wished on his merry way after a Wellness debacle.

Also, I'm not daft, I don't think the WWE would or should end the streak as long as they can use the match as a draw for WrestleMania, that's why I said it would only go if and when Taker decided enough was enough, which in that case the streak would become pointless anyway as it would be something consigned to history, also, if Taker does call it a day undefeated there will always be a nagging feeling that he could come back for one last match, God this could go on and on until WrestleMania 40 when we're looking at rolling out a near 60 year old Taker for a nostalgic match since it'll be a landmark event, I truly don't want that but I'm pretty positive that's exactly what would happen.

The way I see it is when Taker hangs em up no-one is going to get any benefit what-so-ever out of the Streak, so in that sense what would be the point, no-one will ever have a WrestleMania run like him again, that's a certainty, so not giving someone the rub that taking his streak would create is a crime in itself, its a monumental moment just waiting to happen.

Taker losing at WrestleMania would be up there with WTF moments like Hogan slamming Andre, Montreal, Austin Stunning Vince for the first time or Hogan turning heel in 96...those kind of moments don't come around too often, I'd be amazed if when the time is right the WWE don't cash in on what they've spent a lifetime building up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 21 Feb 2013, 11:44 pm

Two words for someone who'd break the streak...

Dean Ambrose

Ill get my coat.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 22 Feb 2013, 12:56 am

Seriously, this is causing too much trouble...I'll break the streak.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 6:15 am

If Punk were to end the streak, or anyone else, would it make them look that strong?

HBK and HHH have given it absolutely everything these last 4 years and couldn't get the job done. Even when Taker got hit with Sweet Chin Music and then the Pediigree, he still kicked out.

I just feel that there will always be a nagging feeling that Taker was "hurt" or "past it"

I cant see it being too much of a benefit myself

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 22 Feb 2013, 8:16 am

I used to feel exactly the same way you did gaffer. But I do have a feeling that, if somebody was to end the streak, it would just make a lot of fans feel rubbish. And not in a heat generating way, but in a way that would make them feel negative towards WWE in general.

On one hand there isn't much they can do with the streak when Taker retires, so why not end it? On the other hand, it can be beneficial to give the fans warm memories and make them feel good about the fact that something they cared about will never be taken away from them.

I also don't think Taker will be around too much longer. There's a big money match with Cena on the table so I'd be surprised if we don't see at least one more appearance after this year, but I expect him to retire within the next two or three years, and I think his physical condition will prevent him making any comebacks.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 22 Feb 2013, 9:53 am

I completely understand the point people are making but I just know they will never break it. DVDs such as 20-0, 25-0 or maybe even 30-0 will sell. You wont sell a 20-1 DVD. The 20-1 Wrestlemania record wont go into wrestling folklore. The streak wont be broken.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

I reckon the Undertaker should lose at the next 20 Wrestlemanias.

20-20 has a nice ring to it.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 22 Feb 2013, 10:32 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
I reckon the Undertaker should lose at the next 20 Wrestlemanias.

20-20 has a nice ring to it.

A true visionary

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:14 am

Isnt he 21-0 now though? So it'd be 21-21. Doesnt quite have the same ring to it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:30 am

Mr H wrote:Isnt he 21-0 now though? So it'd be 21-21. Doesnt quite have the same ring to it.

He's 20-0

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 22 Feb 2013, 11:44 am

Beggeth my pardon you are correct. Not sure why i thought he was already 21-0.

egg on face

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2