The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

+14
Kay Fabe
Shot 21 LCFC
theundisputedY2D2
crippledtart
Mr H
NickisBHAFC
Mr Video Man
MIG
talkingpoint
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
hodge
Hero
shortnuff
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case) Empty Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 am

With Undertaker not showing up at Raw last night, does that put him out of Wrestlemania?

It will be hard to put together a credible storyline after missing last night.....

Back to top Go down

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case) Empty Re: Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

Post by shortnuff Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 am

Not sure personally. Seems to me that next week will be the big show (Punk v Cena, Heyman v VKM) so i suspect that's when the real build will begin.

if he is still not present next week then i would be fairly convinced Taker won't be at WM

shortnuff

Back to top Go down

Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case) Empty Re: Undertake at Wrestlemainia (Raw Spoilers - just in case)

Post by Hero Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 am

I presume that Heyman v VKM will basically just mean Lesnar comes out to beatdown Vince and then HHH's music hits to interrupt and save his dad in law.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnuff Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:43 am

Hero wrote:I presume that Heyman v VKM will basically just mean Lesnar comes out to beatdown Vince and then HHH's music hits to interrupt and save his dad in law.

Oh i don't expect them to actually have a match tbf but you take my point about next week being the real start of the road to Mania (sic)

Just because something hasn't happened this week does not necessarily mean it's not going to happen imho. I really hope something big is going to happen because at the moment the grandest stage of them all is not looking quite so grand

shortnuff

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Probably giving Taker another week to decide whether he wants to or not, if not they can have a screwy ending to the cena/Punk match next week and say as Punk didn't lose he will be added to the match and as Cena didn't lose he retains his rumble guarantee of a title match.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm

I think there is 7 RAW's left, definitely 6 left so there is plenty of time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Kay Fabe do you intentionally disagree with everything I say?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:32 pm

I've got to agree with Kayfabe, rumours circulate that Taker won't make it every year.

Admittedly these rumours have been a bit stronger and more persistant than usual.

But I'll belive it when I see it.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:33 pm

There's usually more build up than this

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 pm

But if they want Punk vs Taker they'll have to wait for Punk to resolve his feud with The Rock first.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

AntLord wrote:Kay Fabe do you intentionally disagree with everything I say?

Its completely intentional in that I wholeheartedly disagree with any notion that Taker won't make it, to be honest I had no clue who started the thread, I just commented on it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 pm

There's time. I wouldnt be surprised to see Taker turn up during/after the Punk vs Cena match. They surely wont waste Cena going over Punk on Raw, Taker could cost him or, more likely in my view, appear after Punk has done something to beat down on Cena at the end of the match. The way The Shield have been used with the lights going out is intentional, its a tease for Taker

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:02 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:There's time. I wouldnt be surprised to see Taker turn up during/after the Punk vs Cena match. They surely wont waste Cena going over Punk on Raw, Taker could cost him or, more likely in my view, appear after Punk has done something to beat down on Cena at the end of the match. The way The Shield have been used with the lights going out is intentional, its a tease for Taker

I agree to an extent, the lights going off are Taker-esque and Taker not making Mania is very hard to believe in recent years. If Taker is not going to be on the card then they need to make up for it in a big way otherwise the WWE are in danger of losing PPV buys. However, they've not exactly built up an amazing card so far - Rock v Cena is the only genuine marquee match officially announced so far as ADR v Swagger is very much a b rated match. But this brings us on to the other problem - if Taker should face Punk at Mania who does that leave for Lesnar should he also be featured on the card? Imo if Taker is not on the card then Lesnar is a must for Mania in order to give it the star power the PPV warrents. A Taker v Lesnar match is too risky considering Taker's injuries, is Mania too small for the both of them them?!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Lesnar v HHH is happening surely? Next weeks Heyman v Vince fight setup screams "welcome back Hunter". And with short hair who knows what he could do to Lesnar!

It'll fit together soon. With such a break between the chamber and Mania they cant just have all the matches set up now, too many weeks of filler.

Theres still Sheamus, Orton, Ziggler, Jericho, The Shield, Ryback, Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane, Bryan, Rey, Sin Cara, Miz, Kofi, Cesaro etc etc etc - all of those have got something to settle into as well. I think Smackdown has been much better recently and will become a more important watch as we see who is going where.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Lesnar v HHH is happening surely? Next weeks Heyman v Vince fight setup screams "welcome back Hunter". And with short hair who knows what he could do to Lesnar!

It'll fit together soon. With such a break between the chamber and Mania they cant just have all the matches set up now, too many weeks of filler.

Theres still Sheamus, Orton, Ziggler, Jericho, The Shield, Ryback, Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane, Bryan, Rey, Sin Cara, Miz, Kofi, Cesaro etc etc etc - all of those have got something to settle into as well. I think Smackdown has been much better recently and will become a more important watch as we see who is going where.

Lesnar v HHH seems the obvious choice, however it doesn't make sense to me - so Lesnar only wrestles 3 times in a year and two of those matches are against HHH, and if he loses the rematch then he's 1 for 3!? Will HHH put over Lesnar twice and at Mania when he's put over Taker two years running? To me a Lesnar v HHH rematch screams unoriginality and that the WWE don't really know what to do with Lesnar or that Lesnar is very difficult to deal with backstage.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:43 pm

What about Undertaker vs The Shield?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 pm

MIG wrote:What about Undertaker vs The Shield?

with the pace the shield do their moves in matches i doubt undertaker would be able to keep up with them.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:42 pm

picard

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:

picard

I was basing it on the lights going out quite often when they appear and the fact that they don't have a match yet at Mania. I know its not the most logical of thinking but I don't think its that bad?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm

MIG wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:

picard

I was basing it on the lights going out quite often when they appear and the fact that they don't have a match yet at Mania. I know its not the most logical of thinking but I don't think its that bad?

It's shocking.

A guy who hasn't wrestled for a year, is 40+ years old and we don't even know if he is fit to be put in the ring to get beaten down by 3 up and comers but somehow win to keep the streak alive?

Are you real???

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Laugh You tell em Lordy.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Mr H wrote: Laugh You tell em Lordy.

Best to just say it as it is!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Ok how about looking at it another way. Undertaker comes back and challenges the Shield. He gets outnumbered (obviously) so Vince says at Wrestlemania it'll be The Sheild vs Undertaker and two partners of his choosing, who turn out to be Triple H and Shawn Michaels?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 pm

MIG wrote:Ok how about looking at it another way. Undertaker comes back and challenges the Shield. He gets outnumbered (obviously) so Vince says at Wrestlemania it'll be The Sheild vs Undertaker and two partners of his choosing, who turn out to be Triple H and Shawn Michaels?

Erm where would that leave the highly inevitable HHH v Lesner match

Also it wouldn't be defending the streak as he has 2 partners......

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:06 pm

CM Punk vs Lesnar is still a possibility at this point?

What would be better, Undertaker not appearing at Mania this year so no streak match or Undertaker at all or have him there in a 3 on 3 and leave the streak where it is or carry it on next year. A tag match may help him get through fitness wise.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 pm

It wouldn't help fitness wise because he would do the tag match then just have another year off until the next WM

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

What I meant was he could get through a tag match easier than a one on one.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 pm

A tag match would be a real damp squib. More importantly, it would kill the momentum of The Shield and bring into question Ryback's weakness against them too. Looks like Ryback will be facing them some way or another.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Not if The Shield won? And if its a tag match its not for the streak or if HHH or HBK were to be pinned technically Taker didn't lose anyway?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

It would bring doubt to the credability of the streak because technically he did lose a match at WM

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:20 pm

You could always have a screwy finish.

Anyway, I understand the reaction to the idea, I was just trying to think of something a little different.
The whole Rock v Cena, HHH vs Lesnar etc all just seems a bit dull and boring to me.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

MIG wrote:CM Punk vs Lesnar is still a possibility at this point?

What would be better, Undertaker not appearing at Mania this year so no streak match or Undertaker at all or have him there in a 3 on 3 and leave the streak where it is or carry it on next year. A tag match may help him get through fitness wise.

Punk/Lesnar is still possible. You could easily have Cena closing in on victory next week on Raw until The Shield interfere and Heyman has a big grin on his face but it goes wrong and they inadvertently end up costing Punk the match. Punk then confronts Heyman asking why did he bring in The Shield, Punk has Heyman cowering in the corner until Brock Lesnar's music hits. Lesnar makes his way out and jumps on the apron but Heyman stands right infront of him telling him 'Brock, no'. Punk is egging Lesnar on to get in the ring but Lesnar steps off the apron and the show closes with Heyman looking right and left, right and left, to Lesnar and Punk before siding with Lesnar and walking up the ramp with Punk alone in the ring. It books itself from there.

Regarding The Undertaker. Antlord is right, i wouldnt have The Shield anywhere near him.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I presume the Cena-Punk match has been booked to buy Undertaker another week.

It allows them to insert Punk into the Cena-Rock main event if Taker pulls out of 'mania.

Personally I think Punk should be kept apart from the WWE title match regardless of whether Taker is healthy.

I hate the idea of putting Taker anywhere near The Shield.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm

I also think it's far too soon to turn Punk babyface. And I feel that, in order to stop people speculating about a possible comeback match, it might be a good idea for Shawn Michaels to jump off a cliff.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm

If Taker doesnt make it then I'd go Punk v Lesnar now and put the Shield over Triple H somehow. Theres a logical reason for HHH not liking The Shield (oh, the carnage!) and you could easily sell the fans on The Shield vs DX. I would definitely book The Shield to win. The standard of the match wouldnt be great, but the rub for beating DX would be a big deal. I also think Dean Ambrose v HHH is a feud that has some legs to it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Out of interest crips why dont you want Punk in the WWE Title match? Although the chances of him winning the triple threat are slim to none i'd like to see him in it. It's the main event of Wrestlemania against 2 megastars. I'd rather him lose in the main event without taking the pin than losing to Taker clean.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

I think the title match is more marketable if it's one on one. It might have less appeal to me personally, but I think that's the match that sells. I really don't believe that putting Punk in the match will sell any more PPVs or have any greater appeal to the casual audience. I think there's more chance it would put people off.

(I say this as a huge fan of Punk)

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 pm

It also makes sense to keep Punk away from Cena as after The Rock leaves you would really have Punk as Cena's major challenger for the title (although they may not go that route straight away)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 pm

crippledtart wrote:I think the title match is more marketable if it's one on one. It might have less appeal to me personally, but I think that's the match that sells. I really don't believe that putting Punk in the match will sell any more PPVs or have any greater appeal to the casual audience. I think there's more chance it would put people off.

(I say this as a huge fan of Punk)

Im not so sure I agree. Having 3 guys who appeal to 3 different demographics in the main event would surely enhance buyrates? I too am a huge Punk fan and I just feel after his epic 2 years he deserves a spot in the main event of Mania. It makes booking sense to have Cena pin Rock for the win and the Cena/Punk fued can continue with Punk claiming he wasn’t the one who got beat.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm with H on this one, if he's not going to face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania then Punk needs to be in the WWE title match. He's got history with both men, he deserves to headline Wrestlemania after his stellar last couple of years and with Punk, Cena and the Rock you appeal to all the major food groups.... sorry all the major demographics.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:14 pm

I'm with you both as well, I think it would improve buyrates as Punk clearly appeals to a different demographic whilst the two main groups that the other two attract won't be affected by it, a casual fan still sees Rock as the appeal, a child still sees Cena.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Am I the only one who wants to see CM Punk go over The Great Khali? That would be a massive win on the grandest stage of them all and would solidify Punk as a bonafide legend.

Plus the back and forth promos between the 2 would be pure gold...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm

I can't believe they're even teasing Henry v Khali, if Khali gets on the Mania card when guys like Rhodes or Sandow could easily not make it then someone backstage needs a good slap.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Are they teasing that though? There's still about 6 weeks too Mania, I'm sure Khali is just Henry's short TV feud to position him for a decent spot at Mania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:36 pm

He'll probably squash him on Smackdown or Raw soon.

I'm all for Punk having a marquee match, if its not Taker or Lesnar then its the title, I'd just rather he was kept from it if he can be, whilst still being in one of the main events.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:39 pm

It just seems odd to even go back towards Khali when he already showed he could beat him last week. If they want a powerhouse battle then have him go over Kane with DB involved.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

They might have other plans for DB and Kane, I've got a feeling they'll be dropping the titles in the next couple of weeks so I guess Kane would be busy with that.

I don't like Khali obviously but it stands to reason he'd not be happy with Henry so a short TV feud would appear to be logical if uninspiring

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

They seem to have positioned Khali as a go to guy for putting over people's strength. Cesaro looked impressive hitting the Neutralizer on him, even if the match otherwise was a waste of time

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:They seem to have positioned Khali as a go to guy for putting over people's strength. Cesaro looked impressive hitting the Neutralizer on him, even if the match otherwise was a waste of time

Exactly. You can already imagine the JR commentary at Wrestlemania:

"Punk has Khali in the GTS!! Oh my gawd the strengh!! Sexy Boy is down! Sexy Boy is down!!! Who's your daddy Undertaker!!"

I would MTFO...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Lets say Undertaker does make it to WM and faces Punk, would you expect Punk to end the streak and would you want him too?

I think it would be a good reward for the streak he's just had and would give him that legend status but I think he'll have in years to come.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next