The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena Rock Best Case, Worst Case

5 posters

Go down

Cena Rock Best Case, Worst Case Empty Cena Rock Best Case, Worst Case

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:17 pm

Thoughts?

For me the best is great built up, not over dragged, cena does more than his usual 7 moves, half hour long match, back to back, and technical.

The worst, Vin Diesal special referees the match. Which seeing as Fast 5 is out soon, wouldn't suprise me.

The thing for me is I just can't see it being a years worth of build up, although The Rock is a legend, no one is in the mood to wait a year for this, this could be shot to Summerslam instead I feel, giving that PPV a much needed boost back up that PPV rankings. The only thing that would possibly believe me WWE will wait this long is 28 is in Miami.

Something isn't making sense about this fued, actually the only person who is gaining from it is again The Miz, who still hasn't been put on the rack in the spotlight yet during his reign. Seeeing as how The Nexus Cena dominated his first part of his reign, then the royal rumble did, and the elimination chamber matches, and now Cena Rock. Which has taken alot of pressure off the guy to build on his character.

So for the past 6month generally the WWE title has actually been a second though, which hasn't happened for a long time.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Cena Rock Best Case, Worst Case Empty Re: Cena Rock Best Case, Worst Case

Post by David Tails Tue 12 Apr 2011, 12:22 pm

I somewhat agree that a year is too long to keep the interest level high.

Saying that, they could incorporate other PPV's and have a Team Cena Vs Team Bring It sort of idea. Don't have either guy involved in the matches, but have them picking guys to wrestle on their behalf. Could be a good way of pushing newer talent too.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

I don't really have any reservations about the match itself, John Cena has shown he can raise his game when going up against top guys, and the Rock was always been able to make his opponents look good. The only problem is if the Rock has ring rust, but I'm sure he'll have a few tune-up matches whether in dark matches or (more likely) behind closed doors. I also think that the Rock is enough of a ring general to make sure that Cena sells properly.

My concern is how they build up the match over the course of the next year. Are they going to ignore the situation until say the Royal Rumble and build it up from there, or are we going to have occasional appearances/promos throughout the next 12 months from the Rock just to keep the feud in everybody's minds? You don't want to ignore the feud entirely but you don't want to keep going back to it to the point where fans get bored of it.

It's a bit of a delicate balance this one.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wakers1201 Tue 12 Apr 2011, 8:50 pm

worst case would be to actually make it a WWE title match as was teased last night - it is about time younger guys got the chance to have that title - this match does not need to be for the title. It would also tell us who is going to win the match unless The Rock intends to return to the WWE full time

Wakers1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 12 Apr 2011, 10:56 pm

Younger guys? Rock will only be 38 and Cena about 34 when this match comes around, they are nowhere near old, guys like Bret Hart didnt win tie title until he was 35

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down