The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

France for the Wooden Spoon!

+7
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
Poorfour
Morgannwg
gboycottnut
Feckless Rogue
bsando
11 posters

Go down

France for the Wooden Spoon!  Empty France for the Wooden Spoon!

Post by bsando Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:34 pm

So according to most betting sites, France are currently in 2nd place for the spoon that is wooden. Italy are in first place after a very poor performance at Murrayfield. France have England at Twickers up next, and then Ireland. Both are arguably the ones to beat this tournament.

So what the hell is going on? Have France been totally overrated as a team? Is Saint-Andre making wrong selections? Is the team just having a slow start to the tournament?

Present your thoughts on the matter.

Team that Destroyed Australia
15 Brice Dulin, 14 Wesley Fofana, 13 Florian Fritz, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 Vincent Clerc, 10 Frederic Michalak, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 1 Yannick Forestier, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski, 3 Nicolas Mas, 4 Pascal Pape, 5 Jocelino Suta, 6 Yannick Nyanga, 7 Fulgence Ouedraogo, 8 Louis Picamoles.
Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Thomas Domingo, 18 Vincent Debaty, 19 Sebastian Vahaamahina, 20 Damien Chouly, 21 Morgan Parra, 22 Francois Trinh-Duc, 23 Yoann Huget

Team that flopped against Wales
15 Yoann Huget, 14 Wesley Fofana, 13 Mathieu Bastareaud, 12 Maxime Mermoz, 11 Benjamin Fall, 10 Frederic Michalak, 9 Maxime Machenaud, 1 Yannick Forestier, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski, 3 Nicolas Mas, 4 Jocelino Suta, 5 Yoann Maestri, 6 Fulgence Ouedraogo, 7 Thierry Dusautoir (capt), 8 Louis Picamoles.
Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Luc Ducalcon, 19 Romain Taofifenua, 20 Damien Chouly, 21 Morgan Parra, 22 Francois Trinh-Duc, 23 Florian Fritz

bsando

Back to top Go down

France for the Wooden Spoon!  Empty Re: France for the Wooden Spoon!

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06 pm

St. Andre is a terrible coach and selector. And they don't have a really good flyhalf.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:St. Andre is a terrible coach and selector. And they don't have a really good flyhalf.

There are a lot of good players still in French Provincial Rugby. What is needed is a coach that knows about the values of disciplined forward play, someone like the former French captain who led the side in the 2007 World Cup Hooker Raphaël Ibañez or the great French number 8/lock forward Fabien Pelous.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

I'm hoping France get the spoon for the next two years! It's about time we had more wooden spoon contenders.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Morgannwg wrote:I'm hoping France get the spoon for the next two years! It's about time we had more wooden spoon contenders.

When was the last time England got the Wooden Spoon?

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:29 pm

I think technically France are the only contenders for the Spoon this year, since it goes to a team that loses all their matches and everyone else has won one.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:30 pm

gboycottnut wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:I'm hoping France get the spoon for the next two years! It's about time we had more wooden spoon contenders.

When was the last time England got the Wooden Spoon?

2003 wasn't it?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Really? I thought it was just the team who finished last, wether it be by points or points difference.

Would be hilarious if France got the wooden spoon though, that would surely be the end of Saint-Andre

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 pm

There is no way France will take a wooden spoon. There are too many good players in the French team.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:01 pm

maestegmafia wrote:There is no way France will take a wooden spoon. There are too many good players in the French team.

There are better not in the team though!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:There is no way France will take a wooden spoon. There are too many good players in the French team.

There are better not in the team though!

Swap around a few players like, Trinh-Duc for Michelak and maybe get Parra at nine. Fofana at 12 with Fritz outside him and they'll win all their remaining games.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Trip to Twickenham? England favourites. Trip to Dublin? Ireland favourites. The pressure could be massively on the French for their home finale against Scotland.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm

France focus should be in playing proper rugby not in avoiding the spoon. Its not like you get relegated. Now they have 2 weeks to rest and work properly so should be way way better prepared against England. Not saying they have a big chance to win but at least I hope they will try. Hopefully they should get some players back such as Clerc.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by rosbif Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Part of the problem is lack of preparation as they played a Top 14 match a week before Italy so the players are being played too much by the clubs. A bit like football in England ........strong league poor national team plus poor selection

rosbif

http://www.brittanygite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:29 pm

bsando wrote:

Really? I thought it was just the team who finished last, wether it be by points or points difference.

Would be hilarious if France got the wooden spoon though, that would surely be the end of Saint-Andre

I meant more contenders each year in general, instead of just the usual two.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Amazingly enough I think it might just happen.

England away - France haven't won at twickenham since 2007 and that was a friendly. Last 6 Nations win 2005, and can't see that changing.

Ireland away - Doable, Ireland looked pretty guff today and injuries to Zebo & Sexton would be a big blow.

Scotland home - Well, if Wales could win in Paris why can't we! Hopefully by the time super Saturday comes around Scotland will have picked up another win. And depending how other results France could indeed be staring down the barrel of a wooden spoon, if not a white wash!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down