The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

+27
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
Rowley
bhb001
two_tone
Strongback
hogey
JabMachineMK2
eddyfightfan
TheMackemMawler
rycoys
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
seanmichaels
mobilemaster8
Seanusarrilius
Il Gialloblu
Valero's Conscience
jimdig
davidemore
Mr Bounce
Lumbering_Jack
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TRUSSMAN66
31 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 5 Empty Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Fury Price

Experience 10 10
Power 9 10
Opposition 10 9
Jab 9 10
Right cross 9 10
Left hook 10 10
Uppercut 10 10
Stamina 10 10
Defence 9 10
Heart 10 10
speed 9 10
Ring generalship 9 10
Versatility 10 9
Footwork 9 10
Durability 10 9

Price 147 -143....................Just can't see Fury winning this one...........end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:45 pm

azania wrote:A young and very green Fury decked a vastly and elite trained Price in the amateurs. A more experience version will keep him there. If the Italian cop can send Price walking down queer street Fury will make him come out.

What a ridiculous post do you really think Price suffering a flash knockdown and then getting up to outbox Fury as amateurs has even the slightest bearing on what would happen nowadays. Price now seems to have developed far more firepower in the pros and ask yourself if Neven Pajkic the softest hitting heavyweight in boxing can knock you down and Chisora can have you in trouble what will Price do to him.
Oh and the Italian Cop as you call him was a superb fighter and i would bet he hit Price much harder than Fury ever could or will.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by hogey Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Sorry Az but it has to be done Wink

azania Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Don't box me in Ghosty. The guy is a lumbering idiot and Price will murder him if they fought. But for goodness sake I'm trying to defend the indefensible here. Give me a fair crack at the whip.

Unreal i cant believe anyone would be so immature to spend a day arguing the case for something he does not even believe himself. Shocked

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:55 pm

Don't box me in Ghosty. The guy is a lumbering idiot and Price will murder him if they fought. But for goodness sake I'm trying to defend the indefensible here. Give me a fair crack at the whip.

Oh come on. This is obviouly a fake.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:56 pm

hogey wrote:

Unreal i cant believe anyone would be so immature to spend a day arguing the case for something he does not even believe himself. Shocked

And I suppose you believe it. I can write something and claim it to be a PM. picard

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 13 Feb 2013, 12:39 am

Ok, objectivity I hope will reign here.

Fury, has fought marginally better opposition. Are we agreed? Yes.

Marginally.

However, during these fights, has Fury looked impressive? Like a wrecking machine? No. He's not. He's struggled to look good against opposition that frankly, could be embarrassing. This is a fact. Kevin Johnson wasn't ever really going to set the world alight. He was beaten comprehensively by Vitali and lets face it, he's not the top of the chain when it comes to contenders. Are we agreed? Good.

Tony Thompson also isn't at the top of the tree when it comes to heavyweight contenders. This is agreed? Good.

Ok, now down to the "Chisora" business. Dereck Chisora was a fat lump of lard when he faced Fury - this is undeniable and Fury's best win. By some distance. Chisora however was not in the same echelon as Johnson and Thompson. This cannot be denied. Both Thompson and Johnson worked their way to a title shot, not unlike Chisora, however they were winning when they got there. They're both better than Chisora. This, unfortunatley can't be denied.

So, their opponents are on roughly the same level (we'll see what Price does to Thompson I'm sure but lets carry on)

Now - their common opponent, John McDermott. Price looked like a wrecking machine against him. Fury, didn't and in many peoples eyes won the first fight.

So at the moment, Tyson has the slightly better record, while pulling out of a fight twice. Citing "bigger and better things" vacating belts along the way. Price is more than willing to fight Fury, however he's unable to because of Fury pulling out and a lot of politics. Surely it seems that Price isn't the one running from this? It looks to me that Price is a better boxer, with the record that in 5 fights time that will match or even better Fury's - who has said "i'll knock Cain Velasquez (UFC Heavyweight champion) spark out" and challenged the winner of Haye vs Chisora only to run away, and then to call out David Price live on C5 saying it doesn't matter when or where - to then pull out of purse bids (?!)

To quote Truss....

Price > Fury

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5