The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

+27
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
Rowley
bhb001
two_tone
Strongback
hogey
JabMachineMK2
eddyfightfan
TheMackemMawler
rycoys
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
seanmichaels
mobilemaster8
Seanusarrilius
Il Gialloblu
Valero's Conscience
jimdig
davidemore
Mr Bounce
Lumbering_Jack
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TRUSSMAN66
31 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 4 Empty Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Fury Price

Experience 10 10
Power 9 10
Opposition 10 9
Jab 9 10
Right cross 9 10
Left hook 10 10
Uppercut 10 10
Stamina 10 10
Defence 9 10
Heart 10 10
speed 9 10
Ring generalship 9 10
Versatility 10 9
Footwork 9 10
Durability 10 9

Price 147 -143....................Just can't see Fury winning this one...........end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:30 pm

The fight has gone to purse bids twice now Az and twice a Fury has pulled out, and with his recent comments about not fighting the K Bros because they just fight bums or fighting Povetkin because he's not a real man you'd think a domestic dust up would be appealing but not according to him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Fury vs Price - 15 round analysis!!

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:30 pm

No he offered better terms than he received, it was Furys team that fully withdrew from negotiations not Price's, the most telling part is Fury vacating his belts. Chisora is no better than Thompson or Johnson for that matter, it's a reality you'll argue all day Az but it's the reality nonetheless.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:31 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:Allow me to recap. What I have read so far is that Price has fought an iron chinned and ultra skilled Skelton, a supremely fit McDermot, a guy whose previous fight was for the world title and the highly skilled Sexton. All very dangerous oponents.

Now if anyone takes that seriously I hope they also took seriously the comparison Wlad made between Mormeck and Tyson (Mike that is). If anyone still believes that I have a bridge to sell you.

Where? One person described Skelton as having an iron chin. The rest of what you claim to have read is pretty much invention.

I suggest you read what hogey said about Skelton.

Come on, give me a break az. Where have people been describing McDermott as supremelly fit and Sexton as highly skilled? Its this wild exaggeration on both sides that makes the whole debate pretty ridiculous.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm

[quote="Strongback"]
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Douglas was a slob against Holy at 245 and 6ft 4..........

Chisora was 254 and only 6ft against Fury!!

Great win for Fury!!

It was Fury's 8th pro fight and he was fighting for the English title.

That showed ambition or maybe it was foolish but he came through it to live another day even if he didn't deserve the first decision.

Chisora was his 15th fight and for the British and Commenwealth title. Since then Furys opponents haven't gotten better.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:35 pm

hampo171 wrote:The fight has gone to purse bids twice now Az and twice a Fury has pulled out, and with his recent comments about not fighting the K Bros because they just fight bums or fighting Povetkin because he's not a real man you'd think a domestic dust up would be appealing but not according to him.

Moloney was mouthing about putting 1 million up for the fight but when you can read Boxrec are reporting Moloney looks to be heading into insolvency it's not that surprising the fight didn't happen.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

Telling porkies again are we strongy!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm

Strongback wrote:
hampo171 wrote:The fight has gone to purse bids twice now Az and twice a Fury has pulled out, and with his recent comments about not fighting the K Bros because they just fight bums or fighting Povetkin because he's not a real man you'd think a domestic dust up would be appealing but not according to him.

Moloney was mouthing about putting 1 million up for the fight but when you can read Boxrec are reporting Moloney looks to be heading into insolvency it's not that surprising the fight didn't happen.

Purse bids have been ordered twice and twice Fury has pulled out, doubt it had anything to do with Maloneys possible financial troubles.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:39 pm

[quote="hampo171"]
Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Douglas was a slob against Holy at 245 and 6ft 4..........

Chisora was 254 and only 6ft against Fury!!

Great win for Fury!!

It was Fury's 8th pro fight and he was fighting for the English title.

That showed ambition or maybe it was foolish but he came through it to live another day even if he didn't deserve the first decision.

Fury getting rattled a few times and having to get off the canvas gave his management food for thought.

There's also the talk that Fury had a bout of depression. His training also seemed to be all over the place as was his diet.

Chisora was his 15th fight and for the British and Commenwealth title. Since then Furys opponents haven't gotten better.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:39 pm

I agree Hampo...........Pulled out twice...say's it all!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Telling porkies again are we strongy!! Cool

When?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

Did Price reject a fight when offerred to him by Fury? Simple yes/no will suffice.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I agree Hampo...........Pulled out twice...say's it all!!

Not sure how many times this has been discussed on here in the past 18 months now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:41 pm

Strongback wrote:
hogey wrote:
Strongback wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:Take it you'd beat him then Strongback?

I didn't think there was such a thing as a powder punching heavyweight but then I saw Tony Tompson.

I think the ultimate non punching Heavyweight is Neven Pajkic you would have to have a chin like a 5 yr old girl to get knocked down by him, oh tell a lie he did once knock some big lump over the blokes name escapes me now, Dyson Angry or something.

You seen Thompson fight?

Lets get real. This fight is a waste of time.

Prices jaw will be in no danger so this is a good reason to make the fight. It's simple Maloney theory. 15 fights in and he still won't have been tested. It's not even a good workout.

When's Price going to take a fight?

That's a fair question in my view.

Last undisputed HW great Lennox Lewis' 15th fight was Gary Mason for the Brit title.

Current HW#1, long-reigning champ and top20 all time HW Wlad K's 15th fight was against Ladislav Husarik (4-13-1) for, er, nothing.

Price's career so far looks par for the course to me, and that course is the course to greatness.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I agree Hampo...........Pulled out twice...say's it all!!

Laugh................... drumroll

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

If he did it would make it 2 - 1 in pullouts to..........Fury.

Yes or no

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:42 pm

azania wrote:

Did Price reject a fight when offerred to him by Fury? Simple yes/no will suffice.

When? As far as I'm aware the fight has been gone to this stage twice and Price hasn't pulled out.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:43 pm

How many fights did Fury have before he fought Chisora..??

Some people seem to have trouble remembering

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:43 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:Allow me to recap. What I have read so far is that Price has fought an iron chinned and ultra skilled Skelton, a supremely fit McDermot, a guy whose previous fight was for the world title and the highly skilled Sexton. All very dangerous oponents.

Now if anyone takes that seriously I hope they also took seriously the comparison Wlad made between Mormeck and Tyson (Mike that is). If anyone still believes that I have a bridge to sell you.

Where? One person described Skelton as having an iron chin. The rest of what you claim to have read is pretty much invention.

Come on, give me a break az. Where have people been describing McDermott as supremelly fit and Sexton as highly skilled? Its this wild exaggeration on both sides that makes the whole debate pretty ridiculous.

The whole debate is ridiculous. The questioning of all Fury's wins and the bigging up of Price's wins. Total nonsense. Fact is that Fury has better wins. Stepped up to fight a very dangerous Chisora and won. Now al we hear is that Del was fat. Nothing about Fury showing balls signing for the fight in the first place.

Now who has Price fought who was actually any good or ranked outside of Norwich or the Staines massive.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:44 pm

hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

When? As far as I'm aware the fight has been gone to this stage twice and Price hasn't pulled out.

Most here are aware that Fury offered the fight first

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:45 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

The whole debate is ridiculous. The questioning of all Fury's wins and the bigging up of Price's wins. Total nonsense. Fact is that Fury has better wins. Stepped up to fight a very dangerous Chisora and won. Now al we hear is that Del was fat. Nothing about Fury showing balls signing for the fight in the first place.

Now who has Price fought who was actually any good or ranked outside of Norwich or the Staines massive.

This is the same Fury who showed balls when binning his belts instead of entering purse bids? The same Fury who showed balls by saying he wouldn't fight Povetkin because he isn't a real man?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

"Exclusive - Frank Maloney's company in deep financial trouble

Frank Maloney’s promotional company, FTM (Sport & Entertainment Management) Ltd, is in insolvency-related trouble.

A meeting of the company’s creditors has been called and its registered address was changed today to that of a Hertfordshire accountant which is a qualified insolvency practitioner.

The meeting, under Section 89 of the Insolvency Act 1986, will take place on December 10th.

Meetings of this nature often relate to an insolvent business trying to reach agreement with its creditors to avoid bankruptcy via a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement.

Maloney suffered when Sky TV revised their strategy this summer and committed to Matchroom Boxing, leaving him without the broadcast dates and the crucial finance that comes with them.

However, another company, Frank Maloney Promotions Ltd, was incorporated on 16th May this year and operates from a registered office in Bognor Regis. Frank Maloney is not listed as a Director of this company.

Maloney has a 30th November show at Aintree Racecourse lined up, headlined by David Price defending his British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles against Matt Skelton and Steve Williams challenging Darren Hamilton for his Lonsdale belt at light-welterweight."

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/exclusive-frank-maloneys-company-deep-financial-trouble

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

Most here are also aware that they turned down the offer and entered purse bids. That's very different to turning down the fight Az.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

Hampo...you are arguing with a guy who doesn't like Price because he has no Irish heritage and another guy who hates him for other more disappointing reasons..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:47 pm

Strongback wrote:"Exclusive - Frank Maloney's company in deep financial trouble

Frank Maloney’s promotional company, FTM (Sport & Entertainment Management) Ltd, is in insolvency-related trouble.

A meeting of the company’s creditors has been called and its registered address was changed today to that of a Hertfordshire accountant which is a qualified insolvency practitioner.

The meeting, under Section 89 of the Insolvency Act 1986, will take place on December 10th.

Meetings of this nature often relate to an insolvent business trying to reach agreement with its creditors to avoid bankruptcy via a Creditors Voluntary Arrangement.

Maloney suffered when Sky TV revised their strategy this summer and committed to Matchroom Boxing, leaving him without the broadcast dates and the crucial finance that comes with them.

However, another company, Frank Maloney Promotions Ltd, was incorporated on 16th May this year and operates from a registered office in Bognor Regis. Frank Maloney is not listed as a Director of this company.

Maloney has a 30th November show at Aintree Racecourse lined up, headlined by David Price defending his British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles against Matt Skelton and Steve Williams challenging Darren Hamilton for his Lonsdale belt at light-welterweight."

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/exclusive-frank-maloneys-company-deep-financial-trouble

Any up to date news on this?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hampo...you are arguing with a guy who doesn't like Price because he has no Irish heritage and another guy who hates him for other more disappointing reasons..

Yeah I know but it's half time during the football and I'm bored listening to Adrian Chiles Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm

azania wrote:
Strongback wrote:
hogey wrote:Chisora came into that fight 255lbs which in view of the fact that McDermott is 2 inches taller is equally as chubby, difference is McDermott can fight fat, Chisora was out of breath climbing into the ring while carrying the extra timber. Not Furys fault though he can only beat whats in front of him.

You really believe that? Don't let logic get in the way of the argument.

Unfortunately he's convinced himself of that nonsense.

And that would be our "Az's pot..kettle..black moment" laughing think there are a few on this thread actually......at least he's found a playmate in Strongy! Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:56 pm

This whole debate is so pointless once you know the real views of certain posters on here.

Price murders Fury if they fought, we all know that including Az, his words not mine. I'm bored of this endless tripe now.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

hampo171 wrote:
Strongback wrote:[b]

His companies gonzo.

Publication Date: Thursday, 15 November 2012

Notice Code: 2442

Meetings of Creditors

FTM (SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT) LIMITED

([i]Company Number 03722355)

1 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 5TZ

Principal Trading Address: 37B High Street, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5AE

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986 that a meeting of creditors of the above named Company will be held at BBK Partnership, 1 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 5TZ, on 10 December 2012, at 12.00 noon for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act. Sabia Sahota of BBK Partnership, 1 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 5TZ, is qualified to act as an insolvency practitioner in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the company’s affairs as is reasonably required.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hampo...you are arguing with a guy who doesn't like Price because he has no Irish heritage and another guy who hates him for other more disappointing reasons..

Nobodies arguing. I'm stating that Price is wrapped in cotton wool and he's hanging around with a poisoned midget.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:01 pm

Who cares????

Price v Fury in a soccer stadium will certainly make more than a couple of million............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:05 pm

Strongback wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
Strongback wrote:[b]

His companies gonzo.

Publication Date: Thursday, 15 November 2012

Notice Code: 2442

Meetings of Creditors

FTM (SPORT & ENTERTAINMENT MANAGEMENT) LIMITED

([i]Company Number 03722355)

1 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 5TZ

Principal Trading Address: 37B High Street, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 5AE

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986 that a meeting of creditors of the above named Company will be held at BBK Partnership, 1 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 5TZ, on 10 December 2012, at 12.00 noon for the purposes mentioned in Sections 99, 100 and 101 of the said Act. Sabia Sahota of BBK Partnership, 1 Beauchamp Court, Victors Way, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 5TZ, is qualified to act as an insolvency practitioner in relation to the above and will furnish creditors, free of charge, with such information concerning the company’s affairs as is reasonably required.

Not gonzo at all. Appointment of an LIP simply allows the business to trade and restructure with protection from creditors and legal challenge (unless given permission by the court). A Brit HW superfight could make enough money to pull the company out of distress for all anyone knows therefore the company continues to trade fine for now. The LIP has 12 months to decide whether to liquidate if the company cannot be rescued.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Who cares????

Price v Fury in a soccer stadium will certainly make more than a couple of million............

If Moloney put up a couple of million the fight would have happened.

Wonder what he's doing for cash these days.

Anyway I'm off to hit some late night iron. Legs and shoulders.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:14 pm

I had no idea androids were so advanced

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Feb 2013, 9:16 pm

Think people need to be sensible about this. Whilst I don't think Fury covers himself in glory with his cretinous interview rants and drivel that spews out of his twitter account whether deserved or not he is highly ranked by the WBC. Now it is fairly well accepted and known that within the next 12 months at the most the WBC belt is going to become available. Whatever the WBC decide to do, be it a vacant title fight or elimination tournament it seems reasonable that Fury will be involved.

Given this think people are being naive thinking Mick is going to risk him because irrespective of what Fury may say to the contrary he knows Price is just that. We may not like it and would prefer it was not like this but you can hardly blame Fury for the WBC seeing fit to rank him so highly. It is also not as if he would be the first guy to protect a ranking. When Dempsey beat Fred Fulton to become no 1 contender to Willard he had to wait 12 months for the shot to come round, he hardly tested himself during that period, he ticked over and waited for the shot. Fury is doing little different. Not great from a fans perspective but it has always been such.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:00 pm

Shoo you clown.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

It's my thread and you're puking on it..

You get lost....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:
azania wrote:

Most here are also aware that they turned down the offer and entered purse bids. That's very different to turning down the fight Az.

Who is denying Fury turning down a fight with Price? Certainly not me. But I am notdenying the FACT that Price turned down a fight with Fury before an offer was made by Price.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's my thread and you're puking on it..

You get lost....

A silly rear end wipe cannot even say what is on his mind. Shoo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:03 pm

You've made your point..He's English and he's white...

we get it Son...............

Refer anybody with any sense to ghosty's last post..Say's it all.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Who cares????

If Moloney put up a couple of million the fight would have happened.

Wonder what he's doing for cash these days.

Anyway I'm off to hit some late night iron. Legs and shoulders.

Not that simple. The small issue of TV. Will the fight be on C5 or die in obscurity on BN?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:04 pm

You don't get it...Do you??

You despicable person..

we all see right through you..It's my thread take your disgusting, vile butt off it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You don't get it...Do you??

You despicable person..

we all see right through you..It's my thread take your disgusting, vile butt off it!!

Shoo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:05 pm

Get off my thread............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:06 pm

Going to lock this one for ten minutes or so and let everyone cool down, lads. It's going nowhere at the moment.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:45 pm

Right, it's all yours again, everyone. Keep it civil, please.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:48 pm

Price>Fury.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Feb 2013, 10:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Price>Fury.............

Who cares?

Lets see them take on some decent opponents like Cunningham.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:03 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Right, it's all yours again, everyone. Keep it civil, please.

You share a characteristic with my wife, she also takes 4 times as long as she says she will.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:18 pm

A young and very green Fury decked a vastly and elite trained Price in the amateurs. A more experience version will keep him there. If the Italian cop can send Price walking down queer street Fury will make him come out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Feb 2013, 11:31 pm

Sorry Az but it has to be done Wink

azania Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Don't box me in Ghosty. The guy is a lumbering idiot and Price will murder him if they fought. But for goodness sake I'm trying to defend the indefensible here. Give me a fair crack at the whip.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next