The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

+5
Steel
Ozzy3213
Pal Joey
davidl1061
Kenny
9 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 19 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Fri 18 Jan 2013 - 13:47

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by The Beast Sat 9 Apr 2022 - 9:10

Luke wrote:Rovers have finally completed the deal to re-own the stadium (we sold it when in administration in the 90's), and the land surrounding the stadium.
Hopefully build another road, but it fantastic news for the club. And should put us on a financially sound footing. 1st thing being looked at is the main stand apparently.

That news might not have an immediate impact but in the next few years will come to fruition and unless KR win a major trophy will be the most significant moment of the season. A lot of clubs will be looking on enviously, it is as you suggest fantastic news, congratulations.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 12 Apr 2022 - 19:47

Luke wrote:Rovers have finally completed the deal to re-own the stadium (we sold it when in administration in the 90's), and the land surrounding the stadium.
Hopefully build another road, but it fantastic news for the club. And should put us on a financially sound footing. 1st thing being looked at is the main stand apparently.
Great news for the club and Rugby League

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 14:57

It's been announced that head coach Tony Smith will be leaving the club at the end of the season.
What hes done in turning the club around can't be overstated.

Though his announcement seem to hint at something behind the scenes, he has done so much for the club.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 19:10

Yes a statement with more than a subtle hint. A real shame IMO, KR have played some of the most attractive rugby in the country during the past two years.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 21 Apr 2022 - 21:28

Luke wrote:It's been announced that head coach Tony Smith will be leaving the club at the end of the season.
What hes done in turning the club around can't be overstated.

Though his announcement seem to hint at something behind the scenes, he has done so much for the club.

Thers an obvious split, as the Rovers statement makes comment about there suprise of when he announced it.
Its going to be an interesting season now on the recruitment/retention front. Already rumours of players leaving, and given alot are off contract and May 1st is the date of signings starting, could be alot going.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Apr 2022 - 20:43

One who isn't leaving is Minchella who has signed a 4 year contract.

I am hopeful Smith going won't stop the momentum, 4th in the table, great news off the pitch, should be able to attract another top class coach and players.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Apr 2022 - 23:51

That excellent news about Minchella, in his 2 seasons (he was injured for pretty much all last season), hes been outstanding. And is another we can build future sides around.

I'm not sure, i think the players who leave where pretty much going to leave (apart from Parcell), and its the news off the pitch which is important. Its certainly at the moment an attractive club to entice a coach.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 26 Apr 2022 - 20:09

Kane Linnett will be out for up to 3 months, after suffering a Bicep tear in Saturday's victory.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 29 Apr 2022 - 17:22

So waiting at the station, to go to Headingley for tonights game. And got my ricket for the sf next week, 2 possibly 3 games in 3 weeks. Got to love holidays from work.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 29 Apr 2022 - 23:41

Well that was crap.

Leeds where nothing special, but Rovers were atrocious. The mistake form Ben Crooks for the first try is schoolboy. The mistake for the 2nd just comical.
Rovers had half chances and made breaks, but just kept making mistakes,giving away pens. To often the attack went sideways rather than forward. And to be honest nobody had a good game (a few had decent ones). Though other than the 2 errors, our defence was actually good. And id rather have this no show performance tonight rather than next week.

Worse a couple of injuries, Wood looks bad, Coote could be out after a clash of heads.

So all in all a Poopie night.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 1 May 2022 - 15:04

Feel your pain, really. Hopefully the time off work was been otherwise better.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 5 May 2022 - 19:32

I know he's said that he will be staying to the end of the season, but i would be surprised if he did.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 5 May 2022 - 22:59

Erm, i think he may, just because who the rumoured people in the running are. One of who it wouldn't suprise me if he stays at his present employers till the end of the season.

Better news, Kane Linnett has extended his contract by a futher year till the end of next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 6 May 2022 - 13:41

And now got my ticket for Castleford away (really do enjoy going there. Plus last 2 times i went, lost 54-12, then won 58-14, so lots of points).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 6 May 2022 - 18:54

Luke wrote:Erm, i think he may, just because who the rumoured people in the running are. One of who it wouldn't suprise me if he stays at his present employers till the end of the season.

Better news, Kane Linnett has extended his contract by a futher year till the end of next year.
Time will tell as regards Tony Smith

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 7 May 2022 - 17:20

Jordan Abdull gets alot of praise for a bang average kicking game, Rovers just haven't turned up.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 7 May 2022 - 19:27

Well that was s**t.

1st off, why the hell pick Linnett and Dagger when it was clear they were injured.
Our kicking game is terrible, poor kicks and no pressure. We gave alot of yards after contact, and allowed Huddersfield to make alot of ground in there sets.
Our attack was terrible, way to shallow a line to do anything, not that we looked capable of doing anything anyway. One man rugby when should have been passing, passing (most of which were poor) when it required one man drives. And to be fair really not sure how he gave our try.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 8 May 2022 - 14:40

Luke wrote:Well that was s**t.

1st off, why the hell pick Linnett and Dagger when it was clear they were injured.
Our kicking game is terrible, poor kicks and no pressure.  We gave alot of yards after contact, and allowed Huddersfield to make alot of ground in there sets.
Our attack was terrible, way to shallow a line to do anything, not that we looked capable of doing anything anyway. One man rugby when should have been passing, passing (most of which were poor) when it required one man drives. And to be fair really not sure how he gave our try.
Sadly for you and other Robins fans your team didn't turn up, and Tony Smith seemed very down in the dumps when interviewed after the game. I wish you well for the rest of the season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 10 May 2022 - 0:27

As george has put.

Willie Peters will be Rovers next head coach, after agreeing a 3 year deal.
Hes been head assistant coach at a few NRL clubs for the last 6 years.
This really is a case of having to wait and see how he does.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 10 May 2022 - 20:09

Luke wrote:As george has put.

Willie Peters will be Rovers next head coach, after agreeing a 3 year deal.
Hes been head assistant coach at a few NRL clubs for the last 6 years.
This really is a case of having to wait and see how he does.
Lets hope it works out for both parties.
I slightly digress, but i did hear a rumour that Tony Smith still wants to remain in the game next season, and I'm thinking at this stage a toss up between, Wakefield, Fev and Leigh

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 14 May 2022 - 12:15

In great news for the club. Matt Parcell (who was widly expected ro return to the NRL), has aigned a new 2 year contract with the club, hes generally been outstanding since signing for the club.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 16 May 2022 - 2:56

Well, in trying to say something different, I've got to say it was nice of us to Not let Castleford have to do anything special for the 2 points. Just run staright and hard, put in the occasional cut out pass for there wingers to run in, and not make them have to do anything but basic defence for the nilling. Very charitable of us.

It helps by having absolutely no structure, or idea what we are doing in attack. A poor kicking game, its okay playing off the cuff. But you have to have a platform to start off with, not just throw it around side ways. With very little forward progression. Our line is always shallow to start of with.
Defensively just standing around waiting for them to come to us, or let rhem do what they want is always going ro be a recipe for disaster.

But back at wirk kniw, so they'll win 50-0 next week, just to show its actually me.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 16 May 2022 - 19:09

They have been watching Bradford play and decided that it is the way forward!

Seriously, some key injuries cannot help, perhaps the Cup Final weekend off will re-charge a few batteries.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 16 May 2022 - 20:50

Do the Robins have any plans in place if Tony Smith leaves the post early, and would Willie Peters be able to step in?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 19 May 2022 - 19:05

Takairangi to miss the rest of the season and possibly played his last game for the Robins
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/61495719

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 21 May 2022 - 19:16

All things being considered not too bad a performance today IMHO. Had KR taken one or two more chances in the first half it could have been a different game. I thought Sam Tompkins was fortunate to get away with what for me were two professional fouls within seconds of each other.

Losing two to HIA's perhaps not surprisingly led to the forwards running out of steam as the game went on.

A week off next week will perhaps re-ignite the season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 22 May 2022 - 0:54

Its needed, certain players look knackered. And gives us time to hopefully get one or two bodies back. Next game Salford, if we could scrape a win then hopefully maybe get some confidence.

Sam Wood has extended his contract for a futher year till 2023.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 22 May 2022 - 20:23

The Beast wrote:All things being considered not too bad a performance today IMHO.  Had KR taken one or two more chances in the first half it could have been a different game.  I thought Sam Tompkins was fortunate to get away with what for me were two professional fouls within seconds of each other.

Losing two to HIA's perhaps not surprisingly led to the forwards running out of steam as the game went on.

A week off next week will perhaps re-ignite the season.
Perhaps Tony Smith should leave now and bring over Willie Peters now, to re-ignite the Robins season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 25 May 2022 - 20:08

And the lastest player to extend his deal is Jimmy Keinhorst, who signs on for next year.
Not exceptional, but a solid give all squad player.

EXTENDED DEALS - when they finish (if we don't sell them).

Elliott Minchella (2026).
Matt Parcell (2024).
Sam Wood (2023)
Kane Linnett (2023)
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023)
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 26 May 2022 - 18:42

Luke wrote:And the lastest player to extend his deal is Jimmy Keinhorst,  who signs on for next year.
Not exceptional, but a solid give all squad player.

EXTENDED DEALS - when they finish (if we don't sell them).

Matt Parcell (2024).
Sam Wood (2023)
Kane Linnett (2023)
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023)
Good signs for Willie Peters when he comes in i would have thought

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 1:18

In great news for the club. Shaun Kenny-Dowall who has been in excellent form the last 2 years, has agreed a new deal for next year.

EXTEND DEALS -

Matt Parcell (2024).
Sam Wood (2023).
Kane Linnett (2023).
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023).
Shaun Kenny-Dowall (2023).

ALREADY CONTRACTED - if we don't get rid.

George King (2025).
Jez Litten (2025).
Mikey Lewis (2025).
Rowan Milnes (2025).
Jordan Abdull (2024).
Matty Storton (2024).
Lachlan Coote (2023).
Ryan Hall (2023).
Luis Johnson (2023).
Will Dagger (2023).
Ethan Ryan (2023).
Tom Garrett (2023).
Frankie Halton (2023).
Phoniex Laulu Togaga'e (2023).

I'd be trying to get Frankie Halton to a longer deal next.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 19:51

Good result Sunday, the short (Cup) break seemingly a positive.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 21:31

A good, but probably more important a needed result. From the highlights we looked okay, and scored somw good tries. To be honest, i think we just need to gwt thrpugh this year and seebwhat Willie peters brings. I also think we shouldn't judge from last year, we massively over achieved in what became a lopsided fixture list.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 21:42

6th in the table, great news off the pitch. I see KR on the up, the only real shame is losing Tony Smith but hopefully Peters will continue his work.

I'll swap you in a heartbeat.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 6 Jun 2022 - 23:04

The Beast wrote:6th in the table, great news off the pitch.  I see KR on the up, the only real shame is losing Tony Smith but hopefully Peters will continue his work.

I don't disagree abit, the last couple of years have been fantastic. And it's a promising future.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 8 Jun 2022 - 19:56

The Beast wrote:6th in the table, great news off the pitch.  I see KR on the up, the only real shame is losing Tony Smith but hopefully Peters will continue his work.

I always enjoy watching Tony Smith's sides as generally they are exciting to watch

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 24 Jun 2022 - 23:38

Back Will Tate has re-signed for the club for a futher 2 years. This is an excellent signing, as though he hasn't played alot. Keeping a good young player at the club is what we need.

EXTENDED DEALS

Matt Parcell (2024).
Will Tate (2024).
Sam Wood (2023).
Kane Linnett (2023).
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023).

More than likely leaving will be Albert Vete, Korbin Sims, and Brad Takairangi. As Willie peters has said 3 imports he's going to be bringing over (not official yet). And we have a full quota.
Not suprising, Takairangi should flashes, but has generally been very inconsistent. Same with Vete. Sims has basically been terrible.
Luke
Luke

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 27 Jun 2022 - 13:57

Luke wrote:Back Will Tate has re-signed for the club for a futher 2 years. This is an excellent signing, as though he hasn't played alot. Keeping a good young player at the club is what we need.

EXTENDED DEALS

Matt Parcell (2024).
Will Tate (2024).
Sam Wood (2023).
Kane Linnett (2023).
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023).

More than likely leaving will be Albert Vete, Korbin Sims, and Brad Takairangi.  As Willie peters has said 3 imports he's going to be bringing over (not official yet). And we have a full quota.
Not suprising,  Takairangi should flashes, but has generally been very inconsistent. Same with Vete. Sims has basically been terrible.
Will Tate could have a big future is the game if he stays injury free

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 30 Jun 2022 - 19:12

And the 1st signing for next year.

As Forward Rhys Kennedy has been confirmed on a 2 year deal from Brisbane.

Don't know alot about him, but we need good props. And it's no suprise that he's signed because of Willie peters.

NEW SIGNINGS FOR 2023

Rhys Kennedy From Brisbane till 2025.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 2 Jul 2022 - 9:02

Luke wrote:And the 1st signing for next year.

As Forward Rhys Kennedy has been confirmed on a 2 year deal from Brisbane.

Don't know alot about him, but we need good props. And it's no suprise that he's signed because of Willie peters.

NEW SIGNINGS FOR 2023

Rhys Kennedy From Brisbane till 2025.
Hopefully it all works out for both parties

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 3 Jul 2022 - 22:31

Really sad news.

Zook Ema who was my favourite player when I first started watching RL/Rovers, has sadly passed away with cancer. Hopefully Rovers will put something in place as a memory for him.

The city of Hull has had a s** weekend, with Mick Crane (hull fc) also passing away, and the results this weekend.
They should do a memorial of all the great rugby players, who have passed away somewhere in the city. Headed by Clive Sullivan, Rodger Millward and Johnny Whitely.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 4 Jul 2022 - 13:47

Well i was wrong.

As Tony Smith has left the club with immediate effect. Can't overstate how much he changed the club. But this season has been bad (7 losses out of 9). And the club has been in limbo every since be announced he's leaving at the end of the year.
Danny McGuire (who has signed a new 3 year deal to stay at the club), will be interim manager till the end of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 4 Jul 2022 - 18:01

Luke wrote:Well i was wrong.

As Tony Smith has left the club with immediate effect.  Can't overstate how much he changed the club. But this season has been bad (7 losses out of 9). And the club has been in limbo every since be announced he's leaving at the end of the year.
Danny McGuire (who has signed a new 3 year deal to stay at the club), will be interim manager till the end of the season.

The announcement earlier in the year, relationship with the CEO, then recent form I am not greatly surprised. A real shame he had KR playing entertaining rugby, long may that continue.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 6 Jul 2022 - 20:25

Agree Beast. When I heard the news, my first thought was okay.

Rovers have signed Louis Senior, initially on loan but then permanently from Next year apparently. Which makes me wonder given that both our current wingers are only contracted to the end of next year, if one or both will leave then.

Also Brett Delaney has joined as forward coach.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 6 Jul 2022 - 21:55

Luke wrote:Agree Beast. When I heard the news, my first thought was okay.

Rovers have signed Louis Senior, initially on loan but then permanently from Next year apparently.  Which makes me wonder given that both our current wingers are only contracted to the end of next year, if one or both will leave then.

Louis Senior is on a 2 year deal from next year.

NEW SIGNINGS FOR 2023 ONWARDS

Frwrd - Rhys Kennedy From Brisbane till 2025.
Back - Louis Senior from Huddersfield till 2025.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 7 Jul 2022 - 14:54

Frankie Halton has signed an extended contract at the club. Great news as he's been excellent this year, and hopefully will continue.

EXTENDED DEALS

Frankie Halton (2025).
Matt Parcell (2024).
Will Tate (2024).
Sam Wood (2023).
Kane Linnett (2023).
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 7 Jul 2022 - 19:51

Luke wrote:
Luke wrote:Agree Beast. When I heard the news, my first thought was okay.

Rovers have signed Louis Senior, initially on loan but then permanently from Next year apparently.  Which makes me wonder given that both our current wingers are only contracted to the end of next year, if one or both will leave then.

Louis Senior is on a 2 year deal from next year.

NEW SIGNINGS  FOR 2023 ONWARDS

Frwrd - Rhys Kennedy From Brisbane till 2025.
Back - Louis Senior from Huddersfield till 2025.
The Louis Senior signing seems a good one to as he's young and ambitious.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Jul 2022 - 10:37

I might have dreamt it but I thought I read that Ben Crookes is on the way out at the end of the season.

In the meantime a crucial win at Wire last night. Playoffs now a realistic possibility with some more consistency.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 24 Jul 2022 - 0:33

No, it's fairly certain he's leaving. Lot of competition and he's the odd one out. Always has a mistake in him which doesn't help.

Good news, Dean Hadley has signed for another year. Other then his injury record, he always gives a 100 %.

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS

Frankie Halton (2025).
Matt Parcell (2024).
Will Tate (2024).
Sam Wood (2023).
Kane Linnett (2023).
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023).
Dean Hadley (2023).

Lot of players out of contract next year, with a new coach who it will be his first season. Be interesting to sew who we keep.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 24 Jul 2022 - 17:10

Luke wrote:No, it's fairly certain he's leaving. Lot of competition and he's the odd one out. Always has a mistake in him which doesn't help.

Good news, Dean Hadley has signed for another year. Other then his injury record, he always gives a 100 %.

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS

Frankie Halton (2025).
Matt Parcell (2024).
Will Tate (2024).
Sam Wood (2023).
Kane Linnett (2023).
Jimmy Keinhorst (2023).
Dean Hadley (2023).

Lot of players out of contract next year, with a new coach who it will be his first season.  Be interesting to sew who we keep.

Dean Hadley is IMO one of those "Moneyball" players. Often not mentioned but one of the most under-rated and hard working players in the league, good piece of business there.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next