The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What about Trout?.

+2
jimdig
Snakeyman123
6 posters

Go down

What about Trout?. Empty What about Trout?.

Post by Snakeyman123 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:22 pm

Miguel Cotto is in action this weekend against Austin 'No Doubt' Trout..

I've never seen him fight...any chance v Cotto??

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

What about Trout?. Empty Re: What about Trout?.

Post by jimdig Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

Can't say I've seen him either. So can't add much to your thread. Always look forward to a cotto fight. To me he seems like a good honest pro. Was glad that he turned down the pacman offer and took the trout fight instead. He was willing to get into silly weight stipulations again with Manny.
I would like to see him in with canelo, if he gets past trout.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:40 pm

I think Cotto may rue his choice if opponent as Trout stylistically can prove to be a nightmare

I haven't seen much of trout but what the little I have seen of him he looks very good albeit unspectacular. He is a southpaw and is pretty big at the weight although doesn't carry any real one punch power He is defensively sound and can take a punch

Cotto hasn't really impressed me since his move up to 154. Barring mayweather, who is a welterweight, he has only fought B class opponents and shells of past fighters. He stands at around 5"7 and looks tiny at 154 and it'll shown up vs Trout. He'll find it hard to get inside enough vs trout as trout spoils really well when on the inside and uses his long arms well

If cotto tires like he has done recently trout will tee off on him but I doubt he can stop cotto. I hope Cotto wins as I really want Alvarez-Cotto next year but I think that trout may just pull off an upset

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

I read about him in 'Boxing Monthly' and seen a bit of footage on Youtube. Think Cotto wins this one though. Not that Cotto is the force he used to be in my opinion. I hope Trout wins. Lets just hope there are no fishy scorecards either way (yeah I know Sorry)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 27 Nov 2012, 2:12 am

Trout is very game and a very awkward opponent and can cause Cotto plenty of problems with his style. He holds a lot and Cottodoesn't know the meaning of holding. I have to go with Cotto though, too good a technical operator and too much experience. Cotto has basically always gassed a bit in fights, even in his absolute pomp against Mosley he had to take the last couple off.

Cotto still has got loads to give, don't worry about that, so many people always saying he's got litttle left, never makes sense to me, I think I'm watching a different fighter to half the people here at times. Cotto is nowhere near finished and just in his last two fights, put in a punch perfect performance against Margacheato and pushed PBF more than anyone has in the past 5 years. And by the way, before you all start with the Floyd was a WW, don't make me give you the link to my old "Cotto Will Push Floyd" Article in which everyone almost laughed at me and said it was an easy nights work and Cotto would be done in 8 as many said.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 27 Nov 2012, 9:04 am

Floyd was a welterweight really, he weighed 150 and 151 the only 2 times he fought at LMW and probably didn't Rehydrate a single pound for fight night whereas you can bet that cotto was a lot heavier than him on fight night. As I said I think cotto is a WW and their fight looked like two welters (5"7 and 5"8 heights) rather than 2 light middleweights and Cotto showed he was the stronger

I do think Cotto has something to give but I feel at 154 his size won't allow him to showcase what he has left especially agaisnt a hungry fighter. Margarito was a great performance but Marg had been beaten up by Mosley and Pacquiao and hadn't been in the ring for 12 months with a glass eye that cotto used to force the stoppage as it was closed by round 3

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 7:50 pm

I have never been impressed with Trout, I watched his last fight and it was incredibly boring.

I expect Cotto to win this one.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 27 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

Think Cotto will win BF88, but think he's in a real tough fight here. Big LMW who is very awkward and difficult to fight against. He's like a more grabby version of Clottey.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down