The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trout v Canelo

+19
mobilemaster8
The Galveston Giant
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TopHat24/7
compelling and rich
KC
John Bloody Wayne
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TheMackemMawler
davidemore
Mr Bounce
RanjitPatel
Imperial Ghosty
88Chris05
PPVxHOTTY
Rodney
BoxingFan88
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trout v Canelo Empty Trout v Canelo

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:17 pm

Get your predictions in.

Trout KO in 4. The chinny ginger nut gets laid out like a ho on acid.

azania

Back to top Go down

Trout v Canelo Empty Re: Trout v Canelo

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:20 pm

No way Canelo is too strong to get taken out so early.

I see this going to Canelo by close, tight, controversial, rematch demanding decision.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:21 pm

Really Trout by KO? His KO percentage isn't that good...

This one is hard to predict, I think Trout outboxes Canelo, but whether he gets the decision is an entirely different matter.

Really looking forward to it though!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:26 pm

Canelo 120 -108

People are getting well carried away with Trout.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

Either way Trout will win. Hoping for a robbery and a Canelo Floyd showdown. But Trout is simply too good for th one dimension, straight forward Mexican. Easy night for Trout.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:59 pm

People give Canelo a hard time for lack of real top 154lb contenders on his resume, lets look at Trouts, pre Cotto was spent fighting absolute nobodies, a 6 loss Devlin Rodriguez, bums like LoPorto off the back of scheduled 6 rounders? 13 loss David Lopez? You take Cotto out Trouts resume and guys like SSM & Cintron look like boxing royalty compared to that garbage.

The "who did you beat?" discussion at 154 is a waste of time because the weight class has been a complete mess for years and none of the top names have fought one another. People talking trash about David Lopez prove that point: he may not have star names on his record but he probably has better wins at 154 than Cotto. The division is a bunch of guys who are ranked because they have belts "won" after reedeming 3 UPC codes from breakfast cereal and a self addressed stamped envelope. NOBODY has a real resume at 154. Not Trout, not Alvarez, not anybody.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:00 pm

The closer this one gets, the more I'm feeling confident that Trout will upset the odds. I'm not proclaiming Trout the next big thing or anything of the like, either, but I do think he's well placed to beat Canelo, providing three sensible judges are appointed.

Alvarez can overwhelm a lot of guys at eleven stone by virtue of his natural size and frame at the weight, but Trout isn't exactly a small Light-Middle; he looked absolutely huge compared to Cotto. I was pretty impressed with Trout in that one. He looked equally comfortable boxing Cotto going away in the early going and then forcing the issue and taking it to Cotto towards the end. I thought his defensive work and countering were nigh-on perfect. Ok, this isn't a peak Cotto we're talking about here, and Trout's natural size advantage played a part, but nonetheless, nobody else has completely shut down Cotto's attacking arsenal like that.

Alvarez isn't the quickest and I can see Trout having enough speed and movement in defense to avoid taking too many of Canelo's big shots. It also seems to get swept under the carpet that Alvarez is pretty easy to hit; even a shot to bits Mosley banged a heavy jab on him repeatedly without too much trouble before Alvarez's clubbing power forced him in to his shell (the same shell he was in throughout the Mayweather and Pacquiao fights).

Obviously, the world is largely hoping that Alvarez takes this, and Trout has to walk a fine line between counter-punching / fighting going away and simply not throwing enough to catch the eyes of the officials ahead of the busier Alvarez, but if he brings his top form to the ring I think he has the antidote to Alvarez's strengths.

Trout by a close decision, possibly split.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:02 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:People give Canelo a hard time for lack of real top 154lb contenders on his resume, lets look at Trouts, pre Cotto was spent fighting absolute nobodies, a 6 loss Devlin Rodriguez, bums like LoPorto off the back of scheduled 6 rounders? 13 loss David Lopez? You take Cotto out Trouts resume and guys like SSM & Cintron look like boxing royalty compared to that garbage.

The "who did you beat?" discussion at 154 is a waste of time because the weight class has been a complete mess for years and none of the top names have fought one another. People talking trash about David Lopez prove that point: he may not have star names on his record but he probably has better wins at 154 than Cotto. The division is a bunch of guys who are ranked because they have belts "won" after reedeming 3 UPC codes from breakfast cereal and a self addressed stamped envelope. NOBODY has a real resume at 154. Not Trout, not Alvarez, not anybody.

Cotto is better that all Canelo's opponents combined. Trout was never gifted a world strap. He did it the proper way and in the correct weight division against a legit SWW.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:04 pm

azania wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:People give Canelo a hard time for lack of real top 154lb contenders on his resume, lets look at Trouts, pre Cotto was spent fighting absolute nobodies, a 6 loss Devlin Rodriguez, bums like LoPorto off the back of scheduled 6 rounders? 13 loss David Lopez? You take Cotto out Trouts resume and guys like SSM & Cintron look like boxing royalty compared to that garbage.

Cotto is better that all Canelo's opponents combined. Trout was never gifted a world strap. He did it the proper way and in the correct weight division against a legit SWW.

Thats the thing you see, Cotto v Canelo, I see Canelo stopping him.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

Maybe so. But Floyd outpointed cotto and does it mean that Canelo is better than Floyd?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:11 pm

No as its a clash of styles but my point is people are criticising the 22 year old lad for lack of resume at 154, yet what has 27 year old Trout done, I guarantee you if Canelo wins most will say 'oh he was expected to win anyway, Trout posed no real threat!' Also Canelo wanted Paul Williams before he had his accident. GBP are mainly to blame not Canelo as he would take on anyone.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:13 pm

Alvarez had about 2 fights at 154lbs before he and Trout fought for the vacant title, not sure how its a vastly different scenario to Canelo.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:25 pm

PPV

I was talking about his brother Rigoberto, the world beater that Trout beat for his world title.

Records wise there's very little seperating them, I give the slight edge to Trout head to head but to suggest that Canelo is a fraud whilst Trout is any different is a bit silly.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:26 pm

Trout ko 11. Think Trout will keep the pace up throughout as Alvarez appears to struggle to fight more than a minute a round.
If Alvarez does make it to the final bell he wins though by 'robbery'. More money in Alvarez.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

I think this is another of those fights were the build up is far better than the fight itself. I reckon Alvarez by a controversial split decision with Trout justifiably complaining to everyone who will listen.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:06 pm

Lol at AZ. Funny post.

Trout is favorite for me, but if honest, I think Canelo might do it this time. And lord knows I have slagged Canelo, but still, I think he does it over 12 by S/D or very close UD.

EEK! I like Austin Trout and want him to win but I fear Canelo got him.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:12 pm

I haven't seen trout fight but I'm going to watch the Cotto fight tonight...
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:15 pm

Big step up for both, when a big title fight involves two boxers who have never really fought at the highest level I prefer not to commit myself to a prediction as there are too many intangibles that we don't yet know.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:11 pm

88Chris05 wrote:The closer this one gets, the more I'm feeling confident that Trout will upset the odds. I'm not proclaiming Trout the next big thing or anything of the like, either, but I do think he's well placed to beat Canelo, providing three sensible judges are appointed.

Alvarez can overwhelm a lot of guys at eleven stone by virtue of his natural size and frame at the weight, but Trout isn't exactly a small Light-Middle; he looked absolutely huge compared to Cotto. I was pretty impressed with Trout in that one. He looked equally comfortable boxing Cotto going away in the early going and then forcing the issue and taking it to Cotto towards the end. I thought his defensive work and countering were nigh-on perfect. Ok, this isn't a peak Cotto we're talking about here, and Trout's natural size advantage played a part, but nonetheless, nobody else has completely shut down Cotto's attacking arsenal like that.

Alvarez isn't the quickest and I can see Trout having enough speed and movement in defense to avoid taking too many of Canelo's big shots. It also seems to get swept under the carpet that Alvarez is pretty easy to hit; even a shot to bits Mosley banged a heavy jab on him repeatedly without too much trouble before Alvarez's clubbing power forced him in to his shell (the same shell he was in throughout the Mayweather and Pacquiao fights).

Obviously, the world is largely hoping that Alvarez takes this, and Trout has to walk a fine line between counter-punching / fighting going away and simply not throwing enough to catch the eyes of the officials ahead of the busier Alvarez, but if he brings his top form to the ring I think he has the antidote to Alvarez's strengths.

Trout by a close decision, possibly split.

Probably after winning by a shut out Smile

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

Edging towards Trout, keep changing my mind tough

If trout can take Canelo's power especially the body shots then I thn k he can outwork Canelo for a UD. Canelo's stamina may be an issue as he likes to fight in bursts and Trout keeps throwing punches from the outside hence why I think he will outwork him

Really good fight and lots of question marks over both fighters. Canelo and Trout can both come again as they a both still young. Regardless of the who the winner is i can't see Floyd (or Guerrero) fighting either one of them in September, too big a risk

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:24 pm

I get the impression Guerrero will fight anybody but it just be too small for either, moving up and going for Aydin and Berto is a high risk strategy when you're aiming for Mayweather.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:28 pm

If he beats Floyd, which he most probably won't, the biggest fight for him is a rematch with him so I doubt Alvarez/Trout will be on his radar.

He would get seriously busted up by Canelo should they fight and it wouldn't be fair and Trout is pretty much a slightly bigger version of him

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

I've only seen a few minutes of Guerrero but from that short clip he seemed like a slightly faster Margarito. If that's a fair assessment (?) then Mayweather will have no problem in making him look silly.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

Not really, he fought that way against Berto because of Berto's superior hand speed and lack of conditioning, but apart from that he is a high volume boxer puncher who likes to keep it at arms length with the jab

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm

I don't remember which clip i watched but it was short and i remember not being impressed (hence why i haven't checked him out since).
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 15 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

He's not a Margarito type. At lower weights he was sharper and lighter on his feet, but in general he's a rangy fighter who can fight going backwards as he did throughout the Aydin fight.

The way he fought Berto, roughing him up close, isn't his usual style from what I've seen. He's capable and well rounded - confidence possibly being his best attribute against Mayweather - but he's not a Floyd beater.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:37 pm

I'm not even sure it was a clip of the Berto fight I watched? You's have obviously watched more of him than my 2 minutes so I'll take your and WHU's word that he's unlike Margo.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:28 am

Canelo's not really been tested yet so hard to say how good he is, I do remember Rhodes stating after he'd fought him that he was surprised just how good Alvarex was, much faster & with better movement & punch accuracy than he expected.
OK you can say what you like about Rhodes but he was a very good boxer, just short of a world title.
Only fight I've seen of Trout's was the Cotto fight & he looked very good, I do remember an article in Boxing News or Monthly [?] saying his promotion through the rankings was all a bit dodgy but can't remember exact details.
I'll edge towards Alvarez on points.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 16 Apr 2013, 9:11 am

cotto has been garbage since the first marg fight, showed a lot of flaws that night and never learnt his lesson. he nearly lost to clottey for christ sake yet people seem to rank him still. who's he beaten since then to suggest he's still up there? foreman, mayorga pfft perhaps its jennings!

so having said that the only fight ive seen trout in his cotto of which i dont give him any great kudos. this is trouts first real step up in class. i'll be backing canelo late stoppage or points. haven't had much to judge trout on.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 9:31 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Really Trout by KO? His KO percentage isn't that good...

Of course. In 40 something fights Canelo has been marginally wobbled once. This means his chin is glass and anyone who goes near it will finish him (despite 40 odd fighters failing).

Unfortunately, having been proven right with Price, Az has no reason to change tack now.

Canelo LKO.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Apr 2013, 9:59 am

Styles make fights, remember Alvarez being baffled by the mighty Alfonso Gomez for almost half a fight before stopping him.

Trout's jab will be the key I think.

Trout UD, but wouldn't be surprised by ANOTHER Texas decision for the Superstar on the card.

Why do people agree to fights in Texas!? Pees me off sooooo much
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:17 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:PPV

I was talking about his brother Rigoberto, the world beater that Trout beat for his world title.

Records wise there's very little seperating them, I give the slight edge to Trout head to head but to suggest that Canelo is a fraud whilst Trout is any different is a bit silly.

At least the fight was at the regular weight and paired 2 LMW fighters. Canelo fought the second or third best welter north of watford for the WBC World Light Middle Weight title.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:22 am

Didn't see Trout- Cotto so not really in a position to give a prediction. Should be a good tight scrap though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:26 am

Mr Bounce wrote:I think this is another of those fights were the build up is far better than the fight itself. I reckon Alvarez by a controversial split decision with Trout justifiably complaining to everyone who will listen.

Canelo is an aggressive fighter. I don't see it as being a boring fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

I also think Canelo is aggressive AZ, but i also think it will play into Trouts hands (aka. Rigo vs Donaire only more exciting).

He may not be an explosive puncher, but has enough pop to negate Alvarez and his offensive arsenal.

I see a UD coming for Trout.

Time will tell........

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 16 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

El Canelo by close UD or split decision

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

Am going with Canelo close (probably controversial!) UD.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:23 am

azania wrote:Get your predictions in.

I think it safe to say that Trout will not get an early KO and I will eat alot of humble pie if he does. Don't see how Canelo is chinny when he's been barely wobbled once in 41 fights. If a fighter has only been hurt once in 41 fights he must have a decent set of whiskers?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:33 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
azania wrote:Get your predictions in.

I think it safe to say that Trout will not get an early KO and I will eat alot of humble pie if he does. Don't see how Canelo is chinny when he's been barely wobbled once in 41 fights. If a fighter has only been hurt once in 41 fights he must have a decent set of whiskers?

You do know you're talking to Az, right?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:35 am

Take my word for it. He's a Wedgwood.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:45 pm

Rigoberto was not a light middleweight, he was a super middleweight who dropped down two weight classes.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Rigoberto was not a light middleweight, he was a super middleweight who dropped down two weight classes.

Trout has defended against a genuine fighter. Canelo fought Rhodes.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:16 pm

azania wrote:Take my word for it. He's a Wedgwood.

what the chuff is a wedgwood?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:17 pm

china picard

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:18 pm

Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Meh, too fancy for me, simple Yorkshireman...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:00 pm

I don't think you needed the 'Yorkshireman' elaboration....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

haha, you beat me too it TH!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:24 pm

Erm I get the feeling you're taking the mickey here...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Apr 2013, 2:28 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote: Erm I get the feeling you're taking the mickey here...

Not at all...... kiss Hug

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next