The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo v Trout

+7
AlexHuckerby
Herman Jaeger
Steffan
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Seanusarrilius
spencerclarke
PPVxHOTTY
11 posters

Go down

Canelo v Trout Empty Canelo v Trout

Post by PPVxHOTTY Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:28 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-vs-trout-showdown-reportedly-looms-5-4--60987

Looks like Canelo is taking on a legitimate opponent at 154, I have a sneaky feeling GBP will choose Cotto over Trout, if the fight with Trout goes ahead, Trout will get robbed. What do you guys think on the potential match up?

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Canelo v Trout Empty Re: Canelo v Trout

Post by spencerclarke Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:18 pm

Trout's stock has risen dramatically after the cotto win. Didn't see the fight. Has trout stepped up a fair bit or was it more down to cotto deteriorating? Good to see canelo going in to a tough fight though. I'd really like to see how he gets on. If he gets through it then a lot of the questions people have about him will be answered. All in all a decent match up. More of the same for 2013 hopefully

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 02 Jan 2013, 11:56 pm

Got to be Cotto from a goldenboy POV. I would love it to be Trout, as that's the obvious fight to see who is the best in the division, but I don't see Goldenboy throwing him in with Trout just yet. Trout still doesn't generate any money on his own, and until he does he is unlikely to get that fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 03 Jan 2013, 12:01 am

Never rated Cotto at 154 but I knew Trout would beat him as stylistically he was always going to be a nightmare for Miguel. Slick, quick, strong, well disciplined and has a real good boxing IQ.

Looking at Canelo you would probably say trout has a good style to beat him. Canelo is a good young fighter but if there is a flaw in his game it's that he can be flat-footed which can makes him look slow, and a tricky southpaw like trout could beat him

Hopefully they take on this fight as it'll prove some of the doubters wrong. He isn't the one who picks the fight, his promoters do and it's his promoter who are the ones who want him to fight Cotto. Canelo has come out and say that he doesn't want to fight Cotto off the back of 2 defeats and he himself wants Trout

On the fight, Cotto had success to the body and did well early but wasn't big/fresh enough to take advantage. If Alvarez is good enough he should be able to outscore Trout over 12 but I doubt he'll stop him

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 03 Jan 2013, 2:49 am

Trout is a fresh fighter fair do. I think his style will be a bit too slippy for Canelo. I think if can poach some close rounds he will start to flow. Based on the current form he has shown I predit he will take Canelo into deep waters and net another victory

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 03 Jan 2013, 7:37 am

Canelo is exhibiting the right attitude thus far in his career and goes after the most important fight available to him.

Not like Floyd retiring when Miguel was at the top of his game and the natural opponent.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Jan 2013, 7:51 am

To be hoenst, thus far I have felt slightly sorry for Canelo in terms of his opponents...

Kirkland wanted too much money, Lara and Martirosyan ended up a draw, Ortiz wasn't meant to lose making him face Lopez, Cotto ended up losing foiling that mega fight. Just seems to have been one unfortunate incident after another.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 03 Jan 2013, 2:27 pm

Add the Williams incident then you can count him very unlucky and had he had a couple of those wins he would have silenced some of the boo boys

Trout is deserving of the Canelo fight and I think that Canelo genuinely wants to beat the very very best hence why he has tried to make these fights

As a spectacle it doesn't really compare to Cotto on May 5th as a Puerto Rican- Mexican fight with profiles the size of those 2 will be a huge event (add mayweather to the card and it screams good business and exposure) but as a fight it means more as Trout has proven he is among the very best at the weight

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 03 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

I thought Trout, from what I'd seen of him prior to the Cotto fight, looked a wee bit vulnerable to the body, and as WHU said, Cotto was able to get to it the same way he did to Mayweather, but just didn't seem to have that power or bulk to make it count. Brute strength isn't a problem for Alvarez, so I think Trout is going to need a supremely disciplined performance, safety-first and at long range, if he's going to win this one. Alvarez gets hit, of course, but I don't think Trout has the power to discourage him and I think Alvarez will ultimately bully his way inside enough to club and cuff his way to a decision, with Trout looking a little worse for wear come the end.

Alvarez by two or three points.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 03 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

Cotto is damaged goods so he seems a prime candidate for Canelo.

Trout would annihilate him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:12 pm

azania wrote:Cotto is damaged goods so he seems a prime candidate for Canelo.

If anyone hasn't ascertained yet Az doesn't have Canelo on his christmas card list but please explain to us why you think Trout would 'annihilate' Alvarez Az because you must see something that us mere boxing mortals are missing.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 1:27 pm

Canelo v Trout.....

Never tried Canelo......So I'll say trout with new potatoes and a slice of lemon...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:39 am

SharkSoul wrote:
azania wrote:Cotto is damaged goods so he seems a prime candidate for Canelo.

If anyone hasn't ascertained yet Az doesn't have Canelo on his christmas card list but please explain to us why you think Trout would 'annihilate' Alvarez Az because you must see something that us mere boxing mortals are missing.

Trout is an accurate puncher. Coupled with Canelo's chin issues......you can imagine the rest.

But I can see Cotto being a great match up for Canelo. Losing his last 2 fights.....!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

Canelos 'Chin Issues'? What planet are you on? Deluded is an understatement.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:23 pm

The one time he was hit square on he went for a walk down queer`street. That punch was thrown by a fat lightweight....Cotto.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:27 pm

Once again I think you let your bias for certain fighters cloud your judgement Az but then again I never expect that to change with you. Rather than judge a potential fight and/or fighter from a neutral point of view you let 'favouritism' get in the way.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:31 pm

No favouritism. I don't rate Canelo as highly as many here seem to. A well protected fighter who was gifted a world title and defended against washed up fighters. Until he fights a live opponent I will reserve judgement. If a fat LW can send him to queer st, then a live opponent will catch up with him and put him away. But he is so protected that the ref may DQ any fighter who fights back.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:37 pm

I think you attempted to extinguish my point about your 'bias' there and ultimately achieved the polar opposite.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm

So I'm biased and you're not. Interesting. Tell me which live opponent he has fought. Was SSM a valid fight? Was that former LWW he fought valid? Spare me please. Was he gifted a world in a monstrous example of WBC bias? What did Hatton do to warrant a shot at the LMW title when he has never fought there before and hardly the best WW in North of Watford.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:03 pm

Pointing the finger of bias towards someone else doesn't vindicate oneself Az. I'm assuming they've all been 'live' otherwise that would of been somewhat of a mis-match watching Canelo punching a corpse.

You say he would get 'annihilated' by Trout but based on nothing but your dis-liking of him. You attempt to state that Trouts an 'accurate puncher' which I don't disagree with and Canelos 'chinny' thus justifying your claim of 'annihilation'. It's absurd to come to that conclusion whether it's your opinion or not you don't have enough reason or logic to get there.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:07 pm

Pointing the finger of bias towards someone else doesn't vindicate oneself Az

Isn't that what you accused me off?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I saw the Trout/Cotto fight and based on that I reckon Trout would annihilate Canelo. That's why he will be matched with a damaged Cotto.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:12 pm

I didn't accuse you of pointing the finger at someone else no plus my bias was never under contention but yours was. I just pointed it at you based upon your ridiculous bias towards your favourite boxers.

You try to strenghten your arguement by assuming he's going to fight Cotto but whether that happens or not doesn't give your arguement any further credit.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

Who are these favourite boxers of mine?

The kid has talent. But he is heavily protected. That cannot be denied. He got badly wobled by a fat lightweight. Again undeniable. He has not fought a live opponent. Undeniable. He will continue to be protected because he is a cash cow. My opinion.

I rate Trout and reckon Canelo is ready made for him. No bias, just an opinion based on what I have seen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down