The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keith Thurman - Again

5 posters

Go down

Keith Thurman - Again Empty Keith Thurman - Again

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:18 am

Man, I love this guy.

He seems a real good character first off, and he is very pleasing to watch.

I made a Topic on him last time saying how impressed I was on the Broner undercard a while back, he continued to impress tonight.

Man, this kid hits HARD, I mean REAL hard. Quintana felt the power in the first round and was dropped, Quintana just couldn't stand in front of Thurman.

A couple of things strike me with this guy, he's not blessed with great speed but his thoughtfullness gives him a lot back, he is clearly street smart and switched on and notices things real quick. You can just tell by the way he fights, he doesn't look like the greatest technician but I think he's deceivingly good, a lot better than he looks, a bit like George Groves in a way.

I wish he could get fights at 147 where he is a monster, but it seems noone wants to go near in the WW division, he just hits so damn hard. He moved up to 154 tonight but can easily move back down. Quintana is an upset merchant and a grafter, but he found Thurman just way too strong and was finished off in style.

I would love to see him get the chances at 147 where I think he could trouble most of the big boys soon, due to his smarts and BIG power.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Keith Thurman - Again Empty Re: Keith Thurman - Again

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:18 pm

He destroyed Quintana from round 1 on. Was very impressed too, Alex. Would love to see him in with the likes of Kirlkland

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:54 pm

This is the guy Maidana's manager turned down isn't it?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 25 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

This guy is looking very good. Untill he lands flush he doesn't look anything special, average speed, decent footwork, not the most technical but he hurts his opponents the minute he catches them. Quintana is a decent operator but after the 1st he was afraid to get caught again

Not really a LMW but looks strong enough to compete there and at welter he will be a handful for a lot of people although I think he may be found out when he steps up to the big guys when he needs more than just power to get the W

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:55 pm

Love his interviews as well, was a really good win last night.

Who should he take on next?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 25 Nov 2012, 11:54 pm

Hard to say as its nt clear where he sees his future. He has fought at 147, 150 a lt of times, 152, 154 etc so I'm not sure where he wants to campaign

If its welterweight I would put him in with a Alfosno Gomez, Maidana or Josesito Lopes who won't cave in with the first punch but if its light welter (where I think he wants to fight at) then the likes of Rabchenko, Saul Roman, Ishida etc then get onto Matiroysan, Molina, Kirkland and bundrage by the end 2013 which will put him with a title shot

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 26 Nov 2012, 12:14 pm

Just watched the fight. Man he was ripping those body shots!

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 26 Nov 2012, 3:18 pm

Would love to see him at 147 where I think he could be a real bully. Would love to see him against Berto in a couple of fights, or someone of that calibur. He could still be a force at 154, but perhaps not so much as his size might not count as much.

Get a feeling by the sounds of the commentators last night, it sounds as though a lot of guys at 147 really do not want to get into the ring with Thurman due to his power, which does seem incredible.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 26 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

He isn't ready for the top guys yet because if you look past the power he is quite crude and there were signs that he can be out worked as he has the tendency to look for the big shot and when he can't find it you can see that he doesn't throw an awful lot

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 26 Nov 2012, 4:34 pm

No doubt, why I said in a couple of fights time, Quintana is a good stepping stone, and after a couple more of those type of opponents I think he'd be ready for a few a of the better names in the division.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down