The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Heel/Face turns.

+11
Kid Vicious
theundisputedY2D2
Stan Marsh
Kay Fabe
Crimey
The Awesome Giz
Brady12
NickisBHAFC
BD21
VDT
Samo
15 posters

Go down

Favourite Heel/Face turns. Empty Favourite Heel/Face turns.

Post by Samo Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Favourite Heel turn: Undertaker 2001.

JR was due to join the "Vince McMahon Kiss My Ass Club" until Undertaker came out to make the save. Undertaker admitted that he'd kissed Vinces ass throughout his whole career, and asked JR if he was going to do it, to which Ross replied "HELL NO!"

Undertaker turns to JR and asks: "Is that because your better than me?" Then attacks JR, forcing him to join the club. He then took on the Big Evil mantel, demanding respect.

It was well done, and fit in with the biker gimmick brilliantly, a guy who'll take on anyone, a total bad ass, not afraid of anyone, and he got genuine heat.

Favourite Face turn: Stone Cold Steve Austin 2001.

After it was revealed that Kurt Angle was to become the WWF champion because Austin lost his job along with the defunkt alliance, Vinny Mac was proudly parading Kurt in the ring. Before none other, than the God Damned Nature Boy WOOOOOO Ric Flair turned up. Ric told Vince that he won alot of money on the WWF beating the Alliance, and bought Shane and Stephanies stock in the WWF, making him co-owner. He then announced that Stone Cold still indeed had his job, and therefore, was still WWF champion. Austin stormed the ring, stunnered Angle while Ric Flair stood smiling, with the WWF title on his shoulders. Both men stopped and stared at the title, before SCSA took it from Flair, and saluted the crowd as champion, turning him face again, after a brilliant heel run over most of the year.

Over to you.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Favourite Heel/Face turns. Empty Re: Favourite Heel/Face turns.

Post by VDT Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Face turn - Mr Perfect - 1992 - came out of retirement and turned on Ric Flair. Teaming with Savage v Flair and Razor Ramon then won a loser leaves the WWF match!

Heel turn is a toss up between Owen Hart turning Bret or Hogan joining NWO!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm

HBK superkicking Hogan

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Favorite heel turn

I actually really liked the Batista heel turn in 2009 when he attacked Rey at Bragging rights. But of all time its Stone Cold at Wrestle mania 17.

Favorite Face Turn

Hulk Hogan at Wrestle mania 18.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Hogan joining the nWo is by far & away the greatest heel turn of all time. Just a shame Bobby Heenan utter the words 'But who's side is he on' when he came down the aisle.

Other favourites include Bret Hart/Steve Austin's double turn at Wrestlemania 13.

Randy Savage's face turn & being reunited with Elizabeth Wrestlemania 7.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Heenans willingness to be suprised nearly killed that moment. I agree Hogan at bash on the beach is the greatest heel turn. Ring littered with trash, some loon trys to jump in the ring, that's a proper heel turn reaction.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:20 pm

CM Punk cashing in his Money in the Bank (2nd time) when Jeff Hardy had just achieved his dream of a world title in an excellent ladder match with Edge. Wasn't a full on heel-turn at the time, but Hardy at the pinnacle of his popularity and the feud afterwards was great.

CM Punk essentially turning face at Money in the Bank 2011, after WWE's attempts to turn him heel with his edgy, and now famous, promo failed as the fans backed him and then it all comes to a huge reaction in Chicago which was an atmosphere that I haven't heard in wrestling before, we've heard load reactions, but the noise in that arena was something different, it was like a big cup final in football.

Chris Jericho heel-turn in 2008, smashing Shawn Michaels into the Highlight Reel TV.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:04 am

Bret and Austin's double turn at Mania 13 was simply perfect, nothing can touch it in my opinion, Hogans turn was huge for the business though and that can't be overlooked, for execution though for me Bret/Austin win the day

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Marsh Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 am

Shawn's face turn on Raw after the Hogan SummerSlam match - "Well, now thats out of the way, back to business as usual..." Only that cheeky get could have got away with that.

Other great face turn - wasn't Savage's long heel run ended by the Jake/Elizabeth/Snakebite incident? That was one of the most memorable tv segments of my childhood.

Favourite heel turn is possibly Savage's descent into (Macho) Madness once he won the title at WM5, but I also loved Sid dropping from the apron on Hulk in 92, leaving him to Taker and Flair.

Thats proper old school, none of this "I burnt my brother's flat down for some reason" stuff they give us nowadays.

Stan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:29 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Bret and Austin's double turn at Mania 13 was simply perfect, nothing can touch it in my opinion, Hogans turn was huge for the business though and that can't be overlooked, for execution though for me Bret/Austin win the day

I concur with this OK

Other personal favourites are the Undertaker's face turn on Jake Roberts, Kane's (very brief) face turn when he stopped DX's attack on the Undertaker and the Rock turning heel at Survivor Series after a short run as a face in 1998.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:32 am

Face turns:
The Mr Perfect face turn was awesome. Such a shame he was back on the shelf within a year. Who knows what would've happened if he stayed fit. Macho Man turning face at WM7 was amazing. As was Luger coming out to slam Yokozuna in 93.

Heel turns:
Shawn Michaels taking out Jannetty was fantastic. Macho Man turning on Hogan when the Mega Powers exploded. Luger turning in 91 was pretty cool too.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 am

Stan Marsh wrote:Thats proper old school, none of this "I burnt my brother's flat down for some reason" stuff they give us nowadays.

That's money right there by the way, I can see it now:

WRESTLEMANIA 29: THE USOS EXPLODE!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Marsh Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:43 am

Ah yeah, the Savage face turn was WM7, post-match wasn't it? Great stuff.

Great shout on Luger's WCW heel turn in 91 too, Harley Race's presence elevated it to something more than the usual.

How about worst (or least impactful - not a word, don't care) turns?

Vince as Higher Power fits here, but also Vince as Rock's friend at WM16 and Stephanie's turn on Vince at Armageddon 99. The latter 2 were too predictable while the first one was just a damp squib.

Stan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:04 am

Vince as the Higher Power blew.
I were like, "that's it?!" Part of me was hoping for a Jake Roberts or something. I figured they'd sign someone. Maybe that was the hope, but they couldn't pull it off.

Big Bossman's face turn was well done, but it was the Big Bossman, who cares!

Jim Ross's heel turn was daft.

Do you remember Honky Tonk Man's turn? He couldn't get over at all as a face. I think they polled the watching audience who confirmed they hated him. Heel status sealed.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Marsh Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:39 am

JR's turn - the fake Razor/Diesel one? That was awful

Re Bossman, I wasn't a regular watcher during Attitude era but my mate always recalls a time when Corporate BBM teased a face turn (old music, twirling nightstick, etc) and then Vince offered him more money (or whatever) and he walks back down the aisle to his Corporate theme music, trudging away as he did as a heel. It always sounded hilarious but I realise I've just taken all the fun out of it by writing it down.

Anyone remember/confirm this?

Stan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 am

Yeah the fake Razor Diesel. Awful.

Not during the attitude era, but during his first run. It was in late 1989 / early 1990 I think.
He'd handcuffed Jake Roberts for Ted Dibiase to beat him down. DiBiase paid Slick for the service. Bossman was all "what the hell, you can't buy me" and turned face. It was cool, but it was Bossman.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Marsh Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:44 am

Sorry, I knew which BBM turn you meant I was just querying another one I'd heard teased.

Stan Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:46 am

I don't if it counts because technically he never turned face in the first place, but The Rock swerve at Survivor Series 98 to reaffirm his heel status and capture his first WWF title was glorious. It was in the words of Scott Keith "Vince Russo's finest moment".

Plus next night, Rocky explaining it using the "Die Rocky Die" signs was just great character development.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:51 am

Stan Marsh wrote:Sorry, I knew which BBM turn you meant I was just querying another one I'd heard teased.

I get ya. I don't recall the tease. WCW for me back then.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 am

Austins' face turn on Raw in 2001 to help the WWE was probably my favourite, he was the old Stone Cold for a few days.

JR sold it to perfection.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 am

Trish Stratus heel turn at WM20 when she turned and slapped Y2J.
Made womens wrestling interesting again and became an awesome heel.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:02 am

Heel as said above Michaels turning on Jannety.

Also Edge turning on Christian.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down