The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start?

+21
Bathman_in_London
offload
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
Looseheaded
The Great Aukster
TJ1
thebluesmancometh
21st Century Schizoid Man
Liam
maestegmafia
blackcanelion
bedfordwelsh
doctor_grey
screamingaddabs
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
dummy_half
gregortree
majesticimperialman
wales606
RubyGuby
RogerLewis
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you be happy with a form Wilko being Lions test 10?

Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 29 ]
Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 47

Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Empty Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start?

Post by RogerLewis Sat 17 Nov 2012, 5:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm starting to think now...

Why was Jamie Roberts Lions man of the series but hasn't been that effective for Wales lately?
He's not just a bulldozer but that's what Wales are making him. He started as a wing.
It's all to do with the players around you as well as your own performance.

Jamie Roberts shone because he had Stephen Jones and BOD either side of him. God we only know too well how much Wales miss Stephen Jones!! Sad

If Wilkinson is playing better than Sexton, Flood and Hook then he needs to start.Don't take someone that good as a reserve player. I would expect to see the 13 to be contested by BOD, JD2 and Tuilagi.

I think it will be criminal if the Lions lose to Australia. They are not the team of 12 years ago but we still need to send a quality squad. Mike Phillips was great for South Africa but we need a different type of scrum half for Australia.

9. ?
10. Wilkinson
11. Visser or Bowe
12. Roberts
13. BOD
14. Halfpenny
15. Kearney?

21. Could be anyone?

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start?

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
gregortree wrote:http://www.rctoulon.com/en/recherche/?categorie=-1&rencontre=1024&joueur=-1

No Toulon are rubbish and Wilko never creates any attack picard

Toulon looked much better with Michlak at flyhalf this weekend compared to wilkinson last weekend.

True but when you have half backs who miss 12 tackles between them you could have a tin of custard look good with the ball in hand.

And Michalak isnt available for the Lions

PSW

Wilkinson is not up to it, he isn't playing well. Flood is miles ahead of him and likely to go.

Sexton, Flood and Hook are the most likely unless another lad can put in a good six nations.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Wilko have a chance of a Lions test start?

Post by wales606 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
gregortree wrote:http://www.rctoulon.com/en/recherche/?categorie=-1&rencontre=1024&joueur=-1

Toulon looked much better with Michlak at flyhalf this weekend compared to wilkinson last weekend.

True but when you have half backs who miss 12 tackles between them you could have a tin of custard look good with the ball in hand.

PSW

Wilkinson is not up to it, he isn't playing well. Flood is miles ahead of him and likely to go.

Sexton, Flood and Hook are the most likely unless another lad can put in a good six nations.

Hook? Wales' 3rd choice stand-in 10 won't travel on a Lions tour. Flood, Sexton and Biggar is more likely, although Farrell and Laidlaw will want to stake a claim.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:52 pm

wales606 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

PSW

Hook? Wales' 3rd choice stand-in 10 won't travel on a Lions tour. Flood, Sexton and Biggar is more likely, although Farrell and Laidlaw will want to stake a claim.

Can't see Farrell making it, he's been very poor last few weeks, or Laidlaw same reason. Biggar maybe, he still has a hell of a lot to prove though. He can be a stroppy little bugger, he is playing well but the coaches will want to see continued levels of maturity from him..

Hook is a good call, been playing very well at CA this season and last.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:58 pm

Freddie Burns anyone? His club form has been pretty decent. In fact I'd like to see him move ahead of Flood in the England set up.

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:15 am

MotelMoneyMurderMadness wrote:Freddie Burns anyone? His club form has been pretty decent. In fact I'd like to see him move ahead of Flood in the England set up.

Gloucester lad?

Yes looks good, certainly had better club form than those above him in the England number ten rankings.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:21 am

Realistically, the Lions (likely 3) flyhalves will all have to play in the 6Ns, and probably either be first choice, or a very strong second choice for their nations.

That makes Sexton the standout

Then Flood and Biggar

Laidlaw will have a chance as he is first choice, but may be behind the seconds

Followed by the second choices Farrell and Hook

Then there are the outside bets who will likely have to prove their worth on club form - Wilkinson, Burns, Priestland (if he recovers), Stephen Jones etc.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:31 am

Granted Burns hasnt had the test match experience bar the AB game, but Will Greenwood was not involved with England before getting on the plane in 1997. Neil Back had only a few full caps before 1997 too. It was post tour that both came into Woodwards England squad.

I'd like to see to see more of Burns at 10 for England in the six nations, with Farrell involved too, maybe at 12 and Flood given the heave ho. Never been Floods biggest fan to be honest.

Last edited by MotelMoneyMurderMadness on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant structure a sentence)

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:37 am

I'm not looking to invoke the wrath of the Welsh, but could we go with Sexton, Burns & Farrell?

Oh and of course his magnificentness Lord Wilkinson, after all, this thread is about him.

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 18 Dec 2012, 12:40 am

There is a sever lack of 10's around at present, but I don't see why anyone would even consider Farell over Wilkinson, everything Farell offers Wilko offers in spades more!!

Burns would be a bit of a risk at present too, if you wanted a flat running 10 I'd go with Sexton and Laidlaw.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:02 am

MotelMoneyMurderMadness wrote:I'm not looking to invoke the wrath of the Welsh, but could we go with Sexton, Burns & Farrell?

Oh and of course his magnificentness Lord Wilkinson, after all, this thread is about him.

If they can prove that they deserve to be there.

Personally, I would take Laidlaw over Farrell.

Flood would be my choice to start if he is fit, he is a more creative player than Sexton, but suffers more from injuries and takes time to get back to form.

I would happily swap any Welsh FH for Flood and I don't think Burns or Farrell will get a chance to prove themselves for this Lions tour
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:14 am

Not seen Laidlaw much, so cant say yay or nay. Defo go with Sexton.

Lots of footy to be played though, it will be great to see who makes the plane.

Delon Armitage for 15? Or should we save this for another time?

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:49 am

I reckon it's going to be Sexton, Flood and Farrell.

Jonny would be a good back-up option. He's mostly been in excellent form for Toulon.

After that the options are pretty poor unfortunately.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 18 Dec 2012, 9:55 am

wales606 wrote:Flood would be my choice to start if he is fit, he is a more creative player than Sexton, but suffers more from injuries and takes time to get back to form.

I would happily swap any Welsh FH for Flood and I don't think Burns or Farrell will get a chance to prove themselves for this Lions tour

I have to agree, I really rate Toby Flood. Great all rounder and good reader of the game. He will push Sexton very hard for the first team spot.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2