The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible)

+4
azania
BoxingFan88
AlexHuckerby
eddyfightfan
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible) Empty huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible)

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:24 pm

anyone watching tonight? also anyone know under cards or sky sports schedules?

anybody picking an upset? not really in my opinion, huck was strong against povetkin who i actually rate and is pushing hard for a fight with wlad. he is raw but effective and i dont forsee him having to go the distance for his win. bute could be interesting to see how he comes back from his first (and bad) loss. i also rate bute more than most and think if he looks good tonight the the froch rematch certainly looks more appealing.

just a general thread to run if anybody wants to discuss the fights

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible) Empty Re: huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible)

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

Not bothered for Prizefighter.

Bute Grachev could be interesting to see the bounce back.

Hucks in against an opponent that will clearly wilt after a few rounds of those wild attacks.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible) Empty Re: huck arslan, bute grachev and sky sports action (spoilers possible)

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm

ah its prizefighter, the format makes the pace fun so ill be watching, but like you think bute fight will be the one to watch. a knockout loss like that hits your confidence, so should be interesting. i would imagine he will be feeling another loss is it for him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

and does anyone know why huck fight hasnt started?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 03 Nov 2012, 7:52 pm

Huck will be on later, doesn't the card start at 7:30?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

i meant the undercard, its started now. just watched a guy call mage from europe, looked rough but he can bang, the other guy spat his gumsheild out about 5 times in the 5th

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i meant the undercard, its started now. just watched a guy call mage from europe, looked rough but he can bang, the other guy spat his gumsheild out about 5 times in the 5th

Yeah was getting on my nerves.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:08 pm

gerber fight was a snoozefest

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

was in trouble in the first though, Buncey just tried to tell us that the fight was amazing. Gerber ain't going too far I don't think.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

Not seen much of dustin Dirks, but he just seems to be a typical german style plodder.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

Oh my god, worst fight I have ever ever ever watched... Dustin Dirks is terrible... 26-0 my god, joke.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 10:55 pm

WOW!! Worth sitting through the terible undercard for this.... If this continues it will be a FOTY, both going for it, power shots galore no defence whatsoever, cracking fight so far!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:02 pm

Gotta give Huck his props. Not the best boxer I've seen, but he comes to fight and always fights his heart out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm

Arslan is one strong bar steward. Looks like a bigger version of Abrams,

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

Yeah pace has slowed down now, but still good, Arslan doesn't seem to miss when he throws that left uppercut everytime it snaps Huck's head back.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:07 pm

Arslan is practically running at Huck!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

I have him winning all 5 rounds so far. In Germany it means Huck is 5-0 up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

Christ almighty is there a chance that Huck might get worn down by a 42 year old...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

You just look at Arslans face and you know he is one MEAN SOB, he will not give Huck a second to breath.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm

I have it 6-1 Arslan. Good fight. Yep, he does carry a look of someone whose just heard his mother being insulted.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:19 pm

Both are cream crackered now, I've not been scoring it but I don't think it's that wide, Huck has had his fair share of success.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:19 pm

He looks like a heavyweight, his torso is huge

Huck's stamina isn't great but can grind out punches when he's out of his feet like he showed vs povetkin and Afolabi

This guy has been stopped late a couple times but takes so much punishment before that so is used to it

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:21 pm

Huck could be taken out here!! He's starting to wilt!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:22 pm

On a round by round basis Huck has been in it, but Ars has done more in each round. Huck catching up now. 6-3.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:23 pm

Telling you in the ninth there, Huck was hurt a few times, not badly, but he really looked as though the punishment was starting to take it's toll.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm

I'm liking Arslan. He won't take a step back. I have him wining (commentators dont). 6-4

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:27 pm

I think Arslan is doing the better work. Cleaner shots. Most of Huck's stuff is landing on the gloves apart from the body shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:29 pm

The uppercut is scoring everytime

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:30 pm

Good round for Huck there.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:30 pm

Wow, these two, limited as they are, are giving it everything.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:30 pm

That commentator is a tw*t

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:31 pm

I've got German commentators, I just keep hearing the word Huckmeister every 10 seconds.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:31 pm

Arslan is 42, his conditioning is brilliant

Huck isn't very good but he lays it on he line every fight and is always good to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:34 pm

Wasn't scoring it but I thought Huck lost, and I'm a massive Huck fan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:35 pm

Great, honest fight. I have Arslan winning. But probably a shut out for Huck. Credit to both of them.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:35 pm

Full credit to both mind you, that was a real tough hard fight, for Arslan to be 42 and to fight literally every second of every round like that is INCREDIBLE!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:36 pm

Awful british commentary, all in favour of Huck. Close fight, I give it to Arslan, he made the fight, more aggression, cleaner shots, undamaged

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:37 pm

Huck did do a lot of good body work backing up, threw half a jab to the head then a straight right to the body.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm

MAssive Huck fan, but I disagree with that decision. NOt quite a robbery but I don't think he won.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm

117-111? WTF was that guy watching? I can take 115-113. Feel for Arslan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:38 pm

117-111 no way

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:39 pm

To only give Arslan 3 rounds is mental...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:39 pm

Well, looks as though Huck will fight Wladimir...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:41 pm

Arslan can be proud of that performance, I had it a draw personally, and can continue to get big fights untill he retires

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:43 pm

The crowd booing Huck a bit, even they seem to think it was a bit of a hometown decision. Arslan wants a rematch I think. He reckons he won.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:44 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Well, looks as though Huck will fight Wladimir...

Easy payday for Wlad then. I cant see Huck closing the distance effectively enough. And he doesn't punch hard enough to concern Wlad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:45 pm

azania wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Well, looks as though Huck will fight Wladimir...

Easy payday for Wlad then. I cant see Huck closing the distance effectively enough. And he doesn't punch hard enough to concern Wlad.

Not much more to add really, can't see him getting past the jab.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:46 pm

I don't see how they can boo Huck even if he did get a bit of a gift (in my opinion) They guy gave a tremendous performance win or lose, he really left it all in the ring as he usually does.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 03 Nov 2012, 11:55 pm

I reckon they were booing the decision. Huck fought his heart out. He has delivered some serious fights. Are the German fans now casting doubts on hometown decisions? That would be a turn up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 04 Nov 2012, 12:04 am

They were booing him as he walked out of the arena, which I felt was really harsh.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next