The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Huck vs Afolabi (spoilers!!)

+5
manos de piedra
Knowsit17
EdWoodjr
hampo17
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
9 posters

Go down

Huck vs Afolabi (spoilers!!) Empty Huck vs Afolabi (spoilers!!)

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 10:24 pm

Very surprised that there have been no threads on this

I guess it happens when only those with boxnation know that it's on

How is everyone seeing it, cagey opening so far

Last edited by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs on Sat 05 May 2012, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Huck vs Afolabi (spoilers!!) Empty Re: Huck vs Afolabi (spoilers!!)

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:25 pm

Afolabi knocked Huck down at the end of the second then, not sure why the ref didnt give it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 10:26 pm

Yea he ruled it a slip

Huck has done very little do far but looks good when he does open up

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 05 May 2012, 10:34 pm

Huck is crude and clueless beyond belief. Any fighter worth their salt would be able to school him. Ola is no dancing destroyer but surely has the first 4 rounds in the bank but, then again, this is Germany.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:35 pm

I like Afolabi, was in Manchester when he KO'd Enzo, top bloke. Schooling Huck here, 4-0 so far and about to be 5.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 10:38 pm

Afolabi is really tearing into him with those shots. He's pushing huck back and is landing heavy shots. Ola is starting to look a little slower though but huck isnt showing the power, ola looks the stronger guy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:40 pm

Much better for Huck, Ofalabi looks like he's gassing and is no trying to out man Huck.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:42 pm

Can't watch this fight but can say that if it goes the distance I fear for Afolabi. Knowing corruption, Huck might pick up a couple of rounds towards the end as Ola slows which the judges will interpret as Huck having done enough.

Hoping I'm wrong but somehow I feel that's the story.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 05 May 2012, 10:43 pm

Commentary is a little biased/misleading from Fearon but Afalobi had the better of the first 6. 58-56 Afalobi after 6 for me.

Conditioning will be important if Huck can turn it up later on.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 10:45 pm

Tbh spencer has it 58-56 also do it ain't that biased

Afolabi is starting to look crude, his shots are looping and his jab doesn't have the same snap

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 05 May 2012, 10:49 pm

Surprise surprise, the cut on Huck's coupon has been ruled ' an accidental clash of heads'.
If Huck was to get through this and eventually get a shot at a Klitschko it would surely see the heavyweight division hit an all-time low.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:53 pm

Refs being very lenient with Huck, punched after the bell a couple of times without warning.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 10:54 pm

Wow, Afolabi was almost out there

he looks shattered and shows how tough his chin is to take those. Can't see this going much longer unless Afolabi gets a second wind or huck slows down

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 05 May 2012, 10:55 pm

I dont think Afalobi is as slick or elusive as Spencer is making out. Hes speaking as if Afalobi is choosing to brawl here but it looks more like when Huck turns up the heat that Afalobi has no answer to me.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 11:02 pm

Both are shattered, Afolabi needs I go for the KO

Huck is crude but is very very tough and I can't see him being stopped. Huck is value for money and will be in more fun fights. Afolabi has shown poor conditioning

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 05 May 2012, 11:05 pm

Wow. Great fight. Round of the year candidate there.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 05 May 2012, 11:07 pm

What are your score cards?

I had it 113/115 to Ola in the end but I have to admit, I've no confidence in my own judgement of this one. I just thought much of Huck's work was glancing blows.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 11:09 pm

I agree, great effort and huge shots from both

That last round was hilarious, I've never seen 2 fighters so tired yet not hit the floor

114:114 British judge
115:113 Huck from Italian
115:114 from German judge

Draw, huck keeps his belt

I though huck did enough to win 115-113

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 05 May 2012, 11:10 pm

Can't complain with any of those scorecards.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 05 May 2012, 11:12 pm

Fair stuff after all of Spencer's "remember where we are!"

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 05 May 2012, 11:13 pm

I had Huck 115-113 but wouldnt argue with the draw.

I think the commentators are painting it like Afalobi throwing it away but to be honest I thought the opposite. Afalobi looked good when Huck wasnt really doing anything but when Huck did pile on the pressure it looked like Afalobi was the one in difficulty.

I think Huck will feel that if he had worked a bit harder he would have taken it, or even took him out as he had Afalobi hurt bad once or twice.

Rematch looks to make sense.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sat 05 May 2012, 11:31 pm

Brilliant fight, loved it!

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 05 May 2012, 11:33 pm

A 3rd fight will happen unless huck wants to move to heavyweight perminantly

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 05 May 2012, 11:43 pm

Theres some good fights in that cruiserweight division. Its not the most talent rich but seems to house a nice blend of quite evenly matched fighters.

If I were Huck I would probably stay at cruiser. He might try chase a rematch with Povetkin after Povetkins mandatory. But hes no hope of beating a Klitschko. It would actually be painful to watch given his style.

He has a world title at cruiser and plenty of decent options. Would definately like to see a third installment there.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 06 May 2012, 8:26 am

You see this is why I love MArco Huck.

I really don't see why people almost laugh at me when I say I like watching him, he's great value for money most of the time, even if he isn't the greatest boxer, his last two fights have been awesome.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 06 May 2012, 8:59 am

I'd love to see Bellew step into the Cruisers eventually, he probably will have to. It really could be an excellent division, the public just need to rid themselves of the heavyweight obsession.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 06 May 2012, 10:21 pm

Great effort by both fighters who were out on their feet for the last 3 or 4 rounds. As Spenser said it was like a Rocky movie in the 12th. Huck isn't pretty but he is one tough man no doubt.

Ola showed a bit of inexperience and traded when he should have used his superior skills and defense at range. If he get the plan right and improves his stamina he can beat Huck.

Did you see the German's after the fight? They were loving the action. Seems a rematch is a formality.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 06 May 2012, 10:46 pm

Strongback wrote:Great effort by both fighters who were out on their feet for the last 3 or 4 rounds. As Spenser said it was like a Rocky movie in the 12th. Huck isn't pretty but he is one tough man no doubt.

Ola showed a bit of inexperience and traded when he should have used his superior skills and defense at range. If he get the plan right and improves his stamina he can beat Huck.

Did you see the German's after the fight? They were loving the action. Seems a rematch is a formality.

I acually felt that Afalobi wasnt trading by choice, but he just couldnt deal with Huck when Huck began his assaults. Afalobi looked good when Huck was sitting back and waiting. But at acertain point in each round Huck would decide to start working and when he began to pour it on Afalobi I though he was definately getting the better of it. I also felt Huck started too slowly and gave Afalobi too many rounds heqadstart through low workrate. And possibly could have finished him in one or two off the rounds when Afalobi looked out on his feet. Overall I felt Huck was the one who probably let the decision slip by him but alot of credit to Afalobi too. Would have to favour Huck in a rematch though if he can set the same kind of tempo but just a bit earlier.

On another point just what I was mentioning on another thread - this kind of fight is what boxing and entertainment is about. Can you imagine what would have happened had someone like IJL been in charge of it? It would have been stopped as soon as Huck began to pour it on. But the grit and willpower shown by Afalobi to weather the storm is all part of boxing and I wouldnt begrudge him a draw in the fight at all. Refs in the UK please take note!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 06 May 2012, 10:51 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
Strongback wrote:Great effort by both fighters who were out on their feet for the last 3 or 4 rounds. As Spenser said it was like a Rocky movie in the 12th. Huck isn't pretty but he is one tough man no doubt.

I acually felt that Afalobi wasnt trading by choice, but he just couldnt deal with Huck when Huck began his assaults. Afalobi looked good when Huck was sitting back and waiting. But at acertain point in each round Huck would decide to start working and when he began to pour it on Afalobi I though he was definately getting the better of it. I also felt Huck started too slowly and gave Afalobi too many rounds heqadstart through low workrate. And possibly could have finished him in one or two off the rounds when Afalobi looked out on his feet. Overall I felt Huck was the one who probably let the decision slip by him but alot of credit to Afalobi too. Would have to favour Huck in a rematch though if he can set the same kind of tempo but just a bit earlier.

On another point just what I was mentioning on another thread - this kind of fight is what boxing and entertainment is about. Can you imagine what would have happened had someone like IJL been in charge of it? It would have been stopped as soon as Huck began to pour it on. But the grit and willpower shown by Afalobi to weather the storm is all part of boxing and I wouldnt begrudge him a draw in the fight at all. Refs in the UK please take note!

Absolutely agree.

One glaring weakness I noticed in Ola is that he has possibly the worst left hook I've ever seen.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down