The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....

+9
Dolphin Ziggler
Kid Vicious
Dr Gregory House MD
Beer
Price Check On Jackass
TwisT
Crimey
JamesLincs
Fernando
13 posters

Go down

So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....  Empty So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....

Post by Fernando Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:22 pm

A fan-shot video of Ryback botching his finishing maneuver, "Shell Shocked," on Paul Heyman at Sunday's Raw live event in Hartford, Conn., has been removed from YouTube.com due to a third-party notification by WWE claiming copyright infringement.

Though filming is prohibited at WWE live events, the sports-entertainment organization rarely has footage shot at shows removed from video-sharing websites. However, this video gained viral attention after it drew the ire of similarly-styled wrestler, Bill Goldberg, on Twitter.

As the video showed, Ryback was unable to lift Heyman for "Shell Shocked," even as the weighty manager tried his best to assist his leverage. The muscle-bound wrestler then improvised by performing a maneuver resembling Goldberg's world-famous "Jackhammer."

Goldberg, who said last week that comparisons between the two don't bother him, tweeted in response to a fan pointing him to the video, "NOW comparisons offend me."

The two-time World Heavyweight Champion then re-tweeted a message ridiculing the burgeoning star: "Ryback is to @Goldberg as the Renegade was to @UltimateWarrior. It's silly."

Sunday's event was not Ryback's first bungling of his signature move as he was also unable to hoist Tensai not once, but twice on Raw three weeks ago. However, it was heavily speculated online that Tensai intentionally undermined Ryback by not cooperating with the attempted throws.

Source. nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....  Empty Re: So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....

Post by JamesLincs Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm

still baffles me how goldberg did those moves, im not going call ryback weak for not being able to lift up fat blobs. goldberg was an absolute freak. i think people are being very harsh on ryback. guarentee cena wouldnt be able to pull off that move. alot of momentum goes into it, so its easy to lose balance. its nothing like the aa

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....  Empty Re: So Tensai didn't sandbag Ryback....

Post by Fernando Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:35 pm

Well before he came onto the roster they were trying to turn him into lesnar by giving him the f5 as finisher but obviously brock came back so is now stuck with this nope

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 25 Oct 2012, 12:41 pm

oh really! he woulda pulled that off no problem. that shellshock, the set-up looks very difficult, hes also an awkward build. it must be difficult wrapping those arms around someones leg, especially those the size of heyman's and tensai's

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

I'm not sure I doubt Cena could pull it off, he's probably one of the strongest ever in WWE, Lesnar and Goldberg are perhaps stronger.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 25 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

It is a modified Samoan Drop. Difference being that a normal Samoan Drop is done in two parts (lift onto shoulders and then falling back). Umaga used to a modified one part drop but it had a lot of momentum behind it.

Ryback is doing it all in one motion and hoisting them up by the leg as well. Once he gets them up there he can hold it for his "stomping routine", all depending on whether he feels comfortable in getting them to that position in the first place.

I don't know why they don't let him do a normal fireman's carry (like an AA), lift the opponent up higher (which will be easier as they are already on his shoulders) do that "stomping" thing, and then fall back.

Or a different finishing move...........

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Thu 25 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

They should give him the finishing move 'The Teabag' I suppose it could also work as a submission aswell...

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 25 Oct 2012, 3:16 pm

The samoan drop is alot more fluid but this really is a poor finisher for a guy so heavily built up!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 25 Oct 2012, 3:21 pm

He can't get them up in the position, as already mentioned. I don't think it is a strength issue more a cack handed way of getting someone up to shoulder height.

I think something like a Spear is made for him. Doesn't have to be a huge powermove. Just something that looks like it breaks someone in half. Shellshock doesn't look like a earth shattering move.

Then again, neither does the AA...........

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:05 pm

TwisT wrote:He can't get them up in the position, as already mentioned. I don't think it is a strength issue more a cack handed way of getting someone up to shoulder height.

I think something like a Spear is made for him. Doesn't have to be a huge powermove. Just something that looks like it breaks someone in half. Shellshock doesn't look like a earth shattering move.

Using a spear might draw unwanted comparisons with a certain someone though

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:12 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
TwisT wrote:He can't get them up in the position, as already mentioned. I don't think it is a strength issue more a cack handed way of getting someone up to shoulder height.

Let's be honest though, he is getting that anyway.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

TwisT wrote:

we talking about hacksaw jim duggan here?

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:16 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:
TwisT wrote:

No I'm sure I meant Mae Young

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 25 Oct 2012, 4:19 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:
TwisT wrote:

No I'm sure I meant Mae Young

Interesting. One shouts out what the other one is.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 25 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

He did lift Tensai on an episode of Smackdown and hit shell shocked, they then botched it up the next week on Raw. I don't think it's strength, I think it's just a little awkward.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 25 Oct 2012, 5:27 pm

If he's going to keep using Shell Shocked on bigger guys he'll have to set it up like Samoa Joe sets up the Muscle Buster - with the fella sitting on the second turnbuckle. Otherwise he needs a new finisher with an AA / F5 type set up. Failing that, fire him.

Which is my preferred option.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 25 Oct 2012, 5:52 pm

Don't see why they can't give him an Angle slam-esque finisher, maybe using the current set up to Shell Shock as part of it.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:40 am

he's a big muscly meat head with a limited skill set. that's gotta put moves like the burning hammer, jackhammer and possibly powerbomb (he's too short) out of the question.

why not evolve shell shocked into a torture rack as a secondary finisher, and give him a running powerslam instead?

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:53 am

He's big powerhouse and his finisher should reflect that, shell shock doesn't!

I would have him pick his opponent up into a gorilla press, do a couple of bench press esque lifts with the man above his head or the marching thing that Cole loves and then very quickly move it into a power slam, if the slam aspect is delivered quickly and powerfully it could look devastating from a guy his size

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:33 am

The powerbomb he gave to Punk looked good, maybe he could do like 3 of them in a row?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:48 am

MtotheC wrote:He's big powerhouse and his finisher should reflect that, shell shock doesn't!

I would have him pick his opponent up into a gorilla press, do a couple of bench press esque lifts with the man above his head or the marching thing that Cole loves and then very quickly move it into a power slam, if the slam aspect is delivered quickly and powerfully it could look devastating from a guy his size

That would look great on opponents of a certain size, but he wouldn't be able to do it to guys like Tensai or Big Show (or Paul Heyman!) and I think that would detract from his 'power' gimmick. You wouldn't want to highlight the fact that Ryback can't lift fatties, because we've seen wrestlers like John Cena, Brock Lesnar and Goldberg hit their finishers on all sorts of behemoths over the years.

The best thing WWE can do for him is change his moveset to incorporate a finisher that he can hit on tubs of lard. It doesn't always have to be pretty - after hitting a picture perfect F5 on the Big Show at Survivor Series 2002, most of the ones Brock Lesnar delivered to Show after that resembled Attitude Adjustments - as long as WWE can claim Ryback hit his finisher or a 'variation' of it.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down