The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets.......

+3
maverickmak
PenfroPete
Permian1988
7 posters

Go down

Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets....... Empty Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets.......

Post by Permian1988 Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi All,

After a bit of info from those of you who have been to a Tigers match as either an away fan or home. I have just bought tickets for this match and am really looking forward to it!!!

The Ospreys and Leicester have built up a very healthy rivalry over the years and I expect another spicy encounter!

So.....what im after! A bit of info about the ground, how people have found home and away supporters while being at the ground! Best places for food and drink prior to the match etc...

Also the tickets I have bought are through the tigers website and im in the Holland and Barrett stand, in the seating areas. I believe im in block R as you'd read it on their website! Any info about the stand i.e. view would also be much appreciated!

About the match......

Tigers have been in good form of late and have a formidable pack along with some tasty backs! Im particularly looking forward to seeing Manu! The ospreys have struggled but have recently hit some form and the pack are standing up well! This will be a hugely contested area as always.

Your knowledege and opinions I look forward to reading!!

Cheers Lads and Ladies!

Permian1988

Back to top Go down

Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets....... Empty Re: Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets.......

Post by PenfroPete Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 pm

http://www.swanandrushes.co.uk/index.html
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets....... Empty Re: Just bought Leicester vs Ospreys tickets.......

Post by maverickmak Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:35 pm

A guide from Leicester's unoffy forum: http://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s103/st178484.htm

Enjoy!

maverickmak

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 am

I went to the game 2009 and it was an excellent atmosphere, despite the scoreline. Enjoy it!

Permian1988, like the name! Any chance you're a fan of the Panthers/Friday Night Lights?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Permian1988 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks maverick and Penfro! Both good reads and found rugbynetwork highly amusing!

Blue...you have certainly guessed it right. A huge fan of the film which is where i initally discovered the hysteria of the Permian Panthers.

I am also into the friday night lights series although the teams name is the Dillon Panthers there is clear similarities with the characters.

If you havent read the book, READ IT! The authors name is Bissinger and he followed the team throughout the 1988 season. Compelling read and just shows the passion and radical nature of the town and team.

Ironically the date is a slight coincedence as it just so happens to be my date of birth too!

Permian1988

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 pm

The stadium has recently added better food outlets including a Dominos. Not tried them yet but it should be better than the crap they served before. The beer is alright and the Crumbie is a good stand though the low roof will mean you lose track of the occasional high kick.

Hope you have a good time even though the result doesn't go your way ;-).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:01 am

Parking tip.

We always park in the cinema car park round the corner (an easy walk from the ground) on match days. You're not supposed to if simply attending the match, but we, like many others, justify our abuse of the rules by eating at Nandos next to the cinema. Okay, itrs not great food, but it gets you free parking next to the ground..

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Jimpy wrote:Parking tip.

We always park in the cinema car park round the corner (an easy walk from the ground) on match days. You're not supposed to if simply attending the match, but we, like many others, justify our abuse of the rules by eating at Nandos next to the cinema. Okay, itrs not great food, but it gets you free parking next to the ground..

does it still take hours to get out though or has it changed since I last visited.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:48 pm

The train station is 5 mins from the ground and the park and ride options are also good if you don't want the hassle of driving through Leicester.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 pm

nathan wrote:

does it still take hours to get out though or has it changed since I last visited.

It'll still take you a while to get clear of the stadium, however, if you plan to eat or have a drink after the match, you will avoid most of the congestion. The last time we left after the match, we'd just turned left onto Walnut Rd, and a crazy guy in a black Nova came fizzing along in the other direction, cut across our line of traffic through a gap barely big enough and mounted the pavement to park outside the newsagents. Alex Tuilagi got out and went in for his post match newspaper...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:03 pm

Jimpy wrote:
nathan wrote:

It'll still take you a while to get clear of the stadium, however, if you plan to eat or have a drink after the match, you will avoid most of the congestion. The last time we left after the match, we'd just turned left onto Walnut Rd, and a crazy guy in a black Nova came fizzing along in the other direction, cut across our line of traffic through a gap barely big enough and mounted the pavement to park outside the newsagents. Alex Tuilagi got out and went in for his post match newspaper...

lol, before he left for Japan he must of had a car from Jeep (or it might be Chrysler) as my brother in law worked at the garage he went too. He said all the Tuilagi's used it. He was telling me Alex had left his pay slip on the back seat, so he had a peep. Lets just say, wish I was paid that much! Having said that, this is Garage technician talk so it's probably 98% BS.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by maverickmak Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Good trip Permian? Any observations as a neutral?

maverickmak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down