The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches

+8
Morgannwg
sheephead
glamorganalun
CurlyOsp
formerly known as Sam
mrzimmerman
gowales
Portnoy
12 posters

Go down

Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches Empty Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches

Post by Portnoy Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

Rarely have O's v Tigers games in recent years been uncontroversial.

The entirely unprovoked attack Wink by Gavin Henson on the delicate Alex Moreno. http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?we_cat=8&art_id=8349&sid=5983580&con_type=1&d_str=20051221&fc=4

The playing for sixteen players for ages and ages against us. Very Happy

Getting away with 'no case to answer' direct contraventions of the short-term Januarie signing and the bile poured on my club for referring the case back up.

Yep. I'm ready to face up to the used-to-be-gallactiocos...

Bring it on.

For me there are some unresolved issues.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches Empty Re: Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

I love Leicester v Ospreys matches, this should be a classic.

Bear in mind Portnoy that this is a completely different Ospreys team, less attacking but better mindset

gowales

Back to top Go down

Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches Empty Re: Leicester v Ospreys : unmissable matches

Post by mrzimmerman Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

I was hoping, as an Ospreys fan, to play the winners of the Jeff league seen as we won the Pro12. Shame....looks like we'll have to do with beating the runners up instead! AND at least we'll get to play the T14 champions so not all is lost.

ps my tongue is actually in my cheek as i write this.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

gowales wrote:I love Leicester v Ospreys matches, this should be a classic.

Bear in mind Portnoy that this is a completely different Ospreys team, less attacking but better mindset

Of course, gowales.
I'm looking forward to a couple of really spicy/spiky games.

I'm only replicating the role of a boxing promoter. But the fans and some of the players will know that there are some unresolved issues to be 'discussed'.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

If Leicester get a full strength team out though i'm more than skeptical of the Ospreys chances.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:43 pm

I wonder if White will reconsider his retirement, the Ospreys former coaches did some serious and completely baseless mud flinging following a game at the Liberty a few years back. There comments were viewed as disgraceful by the Tigers management, fans and players so I wouldn't be suprised if their isn't a little bit of pay back in some of the Tigers minds.

Throw in the illegal player and the 16 players, the draw at Welford Rd following Billy's debut and the mass of internationals on both sides and all I can say is that I really hope it's the December double header!

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyOsp Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:00 pm

gowales wrote:If Leicester get a full strength team out though i'm more than skeptical of the Ospreys chances.

I think if both full strength teams go head to head it could go either way. Definatly the group of death again this year and possibly another chapter in the Morgan vs Ford story!

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:46 pm

This should sell more season tickets at the Ospreys this year.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

Sam were you present at the location during the alleged white incident and able to confirm the allegations were not true. I may be wrong but I suspect you were not. Therefore your GUESS is as good as everybody else!

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

If I remember rightly Julian White was gouging but Martin Corry took the fall so White would be available for KO stages, etc... Anyway, I am also looking forward to these games. I hope you Tigers don't for a moment think this is the same old Ospreys, they are a different breed. Now hopefully they start the season strongly again otherwise I could be wrong! I think both teams are pretty evenly matched; big powerful forwards and average backs.

Who is the Tigers front 5 these days (and next season)?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by snoopster Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:11 pm

Morgannwg wrote:If I remember rightly Julian White was gouging but Martin Corry took the fall so White would be available for KO stages, etc...

If I recall correctly, Ospreys accused White and when the citing officer cleared him they then said it was a mix up as White had gouged someone it had just been in the previous encounter (which they had presumably forgotten to mention, gouging being such a minor thing and not because someone was telling lies) and it was in fact Corry - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-1130042/Tigers-threaten-sue-Ospreys-White-gouging-claim.html

snoopster

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:44 am

Sam were you present at the location during the alleged white incident and able to confirm the allegations were not true. I may be wrong but I suspect you were not. Therefore your GUESS is as good as everybody else!

Sheephead, there was no evidence provided by the Ospreys. You can't simply accuse someone of something with no basis of fact. There were no marks on any Ospreys players, no Ospreys player offered testimony and none of the multiple cameras or photographers around the ground got any sort of picture of the incident. Frankly the Ospreys were lucky not to get sued, if it wasn't sport they could have easily lost in court.

Who is the Tigers front 5 these days (and next season)?

Morg these days the Tigers front five will be:

1.Ayerza
2.Chuter
3.Cole
4.Deacon (when fit)
5.Parling

with Mulipola replacing Ayerza during the Argie international games at the start of the season and Tom Youngs potentially taking the 2 shirt from Chuter.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

Im pretty sure that it was Paul James that made the claim. Just because there was no supporting evidence does not mean it didn't happen. Im not having a go, sorry if it sounds like I am. There have been numerous incidents that the cameras have missed at the bottom of a ruck. Gouging incident don't always cause injury, just ask Dylan Hartley (think the ban was hurt feelings in that case JOKE).

Last edited by sheephead on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : phone)

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

"the England prop’s sense of injustice at having been accused of an alleged gouging offence by the Welsh club’s coach Jonathan Humphreys following Saturday night’s Heineken Cup tie in Swansea."

Is the quote from the Mail. This is why the Tiger board were up in arms. the following quote issued by the Ospreys (again from the already posted article):

"No reference was made to that yesterday when the Ospreys issued a statement. It said: ‘The Ospreys will now await the outcome of the disciplinary hearing but would like to make it clear that the gouging incidents currently being pursued relate to Martin Corry at Saturday’s game and that matters relating to Julian White are purely connected with the prior encounter at Welford Road."

Is backside covering following their coach talking utter testicles post game. I can honestly say I am pleased the Ospreys have moved on and replaced the clowns responsible for this mess as to say it was unprofessional would be an understatement and it did the Ospreys fans a major disservice.

The games on the pitch were great to watch and I look forward to seeing more of that again this season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:25 pm

As former NFL linebacker Mike Strahan once said ' The past is the M censored fking past" Those games a few years ago were great and both sets of fans have had a laugh pre & post game despite whats gone on. Hope nexts season ones are crackers too

With NO "controversies" thumbsup
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:02 pm

Amen to that Breadvan.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:49 pm

I really wanted Leicester and Toulouse to be in our pool, if your going to be in Europe, then why not want to play the biggest and most prestigious teams?

It will be a rare treat to see them I'm really looking forward to it.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 15 Jun 2012, 8:17 am

Why not? So we have a chance of winning

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

Can't post u-toob from the office so you'll have to make do with some lyrics - happy days Cool

music Januarie , sick and tired you've been hanging on me
You make me sad with your eyes, you're telling me lies
Don't go, don't go
music

music (To the tune of 10 Green bottles)
16 Ospreys playing on the pitch
They went and blydi won it
Ain't life a feic'in bitch
music
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down