The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always

+3
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
7 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 am

Another fine installment of the v2 Wrestling podcast can be found here: http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-18th-september.html

This week, the v2 wrestling team find members Adam and Gavin on part time contracts, but fan favourite Chris Wilkerson remains in every section to steady the ship.

Thank you for all of your emails over the week - we will do our best to answer them over the coming weeks. Please keep them coming!

This week we have taken a look at...

The past week's WWE Raw and TNA Impact.
WWE's Night of Champions PPV.
Christian's move to TNA and back.
Best books and broadcasts to expand your wrestling knowledge.

Part One we discuss TNA Impact.
Part Two we discuss WWE Night of Champions.
Part Three we discuss WWE Raw.
Part Four we discuss Christian's move to TNA and some books and broadcasts we'd suggest you get hold of.

If you have a question or topic that you would like discussed on a future podcast, then please do not hesitate to email the wrestling team at wrestling@v2journal.com

Feel free to drop us a line as to what you thought as well!

This week we want to hear from you on the following topics:

1. Your thoughts on TNA and WWE this week.
2. What booking decisions have been made well and made badly by TNA and WWE after the recent PPV's?
3. Does Bound For Glory have enough hype as TNA's main event of the year?
4. Which part of Disneyland will Kane enjoy most?

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-18th-september.html

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always

Post by Adam D Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 am

Not sure if anyone has pointed out the sinister undertones of Kanes comment but when Tichard "the night stalker" Ramirez was convicted (he was a serial killer) - these were the words he uttered as he left court.

So Kane was quoting a mass murderer.

How sweet!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 18th September - Feedback is much appreciated as always

Post by Adam D Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Really enjoyed the Christian section - still have to listen to the end of night of champions section.

Great to see Chris still struggling with his vocabulary to explain my absence!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 pm

I should have just ignored it and brought Hornswaggle in for the final section as your replacement

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:08 am

Adam D wrote:Not sure if anyone has pointed out the sinister undertones of Kanes comment but when Tichard "the night stalker" Ramirez was convicted (he was a serial killer) - these were the words he uttered as he left court.

So Kane was quoting a mass murderer.

How sweet!

Haven't listened to the podcast yet because I only watched Raw last night. Will do though.

Just on this point by Adam, this is the reason why Kane is far and away my favourite promoer in WWE and has been for some years; because he references real world things, often quite "cultured" things, for the keen listening viewer to pick up on. And not just cheap references like that particular town's basketball team being rubbish.

I didn't pick up on this one, wasn't aware of it - but its a good example of what he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

He also does the bangy things from the turbuckles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:20 am

I haven't listened yet but this has got me thinking - Is this the only v2 podcast?

I think a Trash Talk podcast could be fun - The board put forward topics of conversation and a few of the Trash Talkers discuss them for an hour - In my head I think it would be hilarious - It might crash and burn and to be honest I don't even know the first thing about recording a podcast. But it could be a bit of fun?

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 am

Electric Demon wrote:He also does the bangy things from the turbuckles.

Laugh

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 am

Lex Hart wrote:I haven't listened yet but this has got me thinking - Is this the only v2 podcast?

I think a Trash Talk podcast could be fun - The board put forward topics of conversation and a few of the Trash Talkers discuss them for an hour - In my head I think it would be hilarious - It might crash and burn and to be honest I don't even know the first thing about recording a podcast. But it could be a bit of fun?

I can't see us being trusted. They can't lock down a podcast.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:28 am

I think a 6WF podcast would be immense.
In the style of Trash Talk.
So 19 mins of crap and then a minute on Logan's Hardcore Title reign.
It's be ace.
Small captive audience though - given there's probably about 10 of us who are regulars, and probably 95% of the captive population wouldn't listen. By my calculations you'd be left with one listener... for half the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 am

Electric Demon wrote:I think a 6WF podcast would be immense.
In the style of Trash Talk.
So 19 mins of crap and then a minute on Logan's Hardcore Title reign.
It's be ace.
Small captive audience though - given there's probably about 10 of us who are regulars, and probably 95% of the captive population wouldn't listen. By my calculations you'd be left with one listener... for half the show.

I don't think we'd be allowed it under the 606v2 banner but don't see why we couldn't do it. We could have special guests like Berzerker, Diablo and Killer! Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:34 am

That would be a-maz!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am

Trash Talk - LIVE!!!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:36 am

You could do a podcast in advance of the Trashies

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:39 am

We could do the Trashies as a live gig.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 am

I would prefer an unscripted chat rather than a role play type podcast
I don't want to do a podcast as a pretend wrestler I just think the dynamic of TT could work well in an audio format

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 pm

i want in!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Sorry for the bump back up the board.

Only just got round to listening, thanks very much for taking your time to answer my question. I really enjoyed listening to it and have even got Sex, Lies and Headlocks and Mic Foley's first book ready to buy next week. I have had Foley's second book for a long time but haven't got round to reading it.

Again, thanks very much for the feedback and I hope the podcast continues to grow.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Sorry for the bump back up the board.

Only just got round to listening, thanks very much for taking your time to answer my question. I really enjoyed listening to it and have even got Sex, Lies and Headlocks and Mic Foley's first book ready to buy next week. I have had Foley's second book for a long time but haven't got round to reading it.

Again, thanks very much for the feedback and I hope the podcast continues to grow.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down