The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

+5
Adam D
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
bretmeharty
Dolphin Ziggler
9 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 12 Sep 2012, 2:48 am

The podcast has been gone n done again: http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-september.html

This week, the v2 wrestling team are stripped of presenter Adam Davey, leaving Chris 'The Cadaver' Wilkerson to present. There's TNA, WWE and all sorts in discussion.

Thank you for all of your emails over the week - we will do our best to answer them over the coming weeks. Please keep them coming!

This week we have taken a look at...

The past week's WWE Raw and TNA Impact
TNA No Surrender PPV
WWE's upcoming Night of Champions PPV
The possibility of a Heyman/Punk stable

We would also like to wish Jerry 'The King' Lawler all the best in recovering from his recent ill health. Our discussion of who could replace him on the commentary desk is out of no disrespect, just pragmatism and a desire that someone warms his seat until he's fit and ready to claim it back.

Part One we discuss TNA Impact
Part Two we discuss TNA No Surrender
Part Three we discuss WWE Raw
Part Four we discuss an email query and a new stable

If you have a question or topic that you would like discussed on a future podcast, then please do not hesitate to email the wrestling team at wrestling@v2journal.com

Feel free to drop us a line as to what you thought as well!

This week we want to hear from you on the following topics:

1. Your thoughts on TNA's No Surrender and WWE's Night of Champions.
2. Could Punk/Heyman be a stable and who should join them?
3. Does Hulk Hogan still have a place with TNA?
4. Who should we be seeing as upcoming tag teams?

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

Listen and download here: http://www.v2journal.com/v2-wrestling-podcast-11th-september.html

Gavin would particularly like to thank one forum member for his insightful question this week. Good job!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

Post by bretmeharty Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:44 am

A really good raw?!! really?

The main problem with 3 hours for me is the main 3 or 4 guys who feature and wwe only care about are way over exposed. Punk was on tv (I guess roughly) about 30-45 out of the first 1 hour 40mins (minus adverts) then plus you see him again at the end of the show.

I would have no problem with the 3 hours if they were building up the mid card a little but nothing has changed except the main guys are getting the extra tv time. They seem to have forgotten how to build any feud up that doesn't involve a title or Cena. Case in point the Slater/Ryder feud.

wwe will still throw together matches at ppv's that don't matter or just randomly., which when you think about the fact that they have 3 hours to fill every Monday is insane.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 11th September - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:30 am

There's a Slater/Ryder feud?

WHAT?

I need to get back into watching Raw immediately! What's it all about?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:39 am

Electric Demon wrote:There's a Slater/Ryder feud?

WHAT?

Ryder hates Gingers. Slater claims he's strawberry blonde.

Ryback hates Internet people and Gingers.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:45 am

Beer wrote:

WHAT?

Oh Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:46 am

CJ wrote:
Beer wrote:

WHAT?

Oh Crying or Very sad

I love you, CJ.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:49 am

Beer wrote:
CJ wrote:
Beer wrote:

WHAT?

Oh Crying or Very sad

I love you, CJ.

Good, then you can fight him for me.

Back on top briefly, it was a good episode, I like the e-mail query especially, though I don't totally agree with Raw being very good, it was better than it has been recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 12 Sep 2012, 11:56 am

CJ wrote:
Beer wrote:
CJ wrote:
Beer wrote:

WHAT?

Oh Crying or Very sad

I love you, CJ.

Good, then you can fight him for me.

Back on top briefly, it was a good episode, I like the e-mail query especially, though I don't totally agree with Raw being very good, it was better than it has been recently.

Sorry, my account was hacked.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 12 Sep 2012, 12:16 pm

Theres probably no chance in you enjoying Raw for a long time if you didnt think that was a good episode.

I enjoyed the story arch of Kane/Bryan, the intercontinental title and Punk/Cena. I enjoyed the humour they inserted, I think some of the best wrestlers were on show.

Ryder/Slater is a new age feud, started and maintained through social media. I dont follow them on twitter, but obviously a lot of fans do, and there has been a build around them through the site and vaguely on TV. Considering its a lower card feud its getting some time, and by throwing Ryback at Slater it kept them from exposing the two (ryder/slater) in the ring for free again. Many of the other feuds have been built recently well for this one. I'll probably even watch the pre-show sunday to see who wins the #1 contender slot for the US Championship.

Arguably, the amount of focus on the big feud is in similar vein to many years of wrestling. I reckon I could grab a Raw from 99 or 2000 and you'd fail to escape the majority being the big feud. Equally, I think with Bret being back it was too good an opportunity to miss to get heat on Punk. Looking at it on basics, he came out to get the heat from Bret, had a section later to enhance his new found arrogance and Heyman connection, then a final part to get in Cena's face. Different aspects of character and different outcomes targeted from each appearance.

Again, I don't have a problem with 3 hour Raw, but I dont watch it live, and can skip the adverts and the divas and anything else that comes across as stupid, so then its about an hour shorter.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:54 pm

great podcast guys - just up to the end of the WWE part and have been laughing throughout.

Particularly liked Chris' reference of breaking the third wall OK

As a fellow man, I know what he means.

MM4E

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 15 Sep 2012, 9:30 am

Finally got a chance to listen, took the dog from 2 hour walk! I was laughing out loud in the street at some points!

I went from anger mis-management for Kane and Bryan on WWE12 but I think Team Friendship name is a stroke of genius by WWE, its so simple and cr¤p its brillient!!!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

I was surprised with Hardy winning the BFG series too, however I do see it as the final chapter in his redemption story. Hardy's career, after all, has been like a pheonix rising from the ashes and I think a face Hardy main eventing BFG is TNA's way of saying Jeff is forgiven and we always believed in Jeff's ability to be the face of this company. I'm not sure though that Hardy will beat AA at BFG; Hardy being an ex-TNA and WWE world champion will give AA's title run alot of credibility and the dynamic of the two could produce some great spots and moments. I think also TNA want their main event at BFG to have a great atmosphere and the crowd gets behind both men. I think in that respect Hardy v AA is a safe match from the fan's point of view. I think the Pheonix crowd will be very up for the match and will help sell TNA as a progressive and exciting company. Let's face it Hardy always gets a good reaction from the crowd. TNA don't want a dead crowd in the main event of their biggest PPV.

At No Surrender the crowd was dead for the X-Division match and I think it's because it was a spot fest from Sonjay.

RVD v Magnus was a good match, Magnus looked strong and got some good offense in, RVD used his usual tricks but to be honest it's crowd pleasing - RVD's moveset is unique and iconic.

AJ/Angle v Daniels & Kaz was brilliant; showstealing performance from both tag teams for me. The match had a great story, great spots and great pace. The hot tags were there, there is genuine chemistry between Angle and AJ and Kaz and Daniels are a bonafide tag team. The fans were hot and created a good atmosphere. TNA seem to be able to create strong, solid tag teams from just about anyone. This rivalry is worthy of a BFG match and I hope they get it. I agree though that Angle needs a sabatical.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 15 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

Watching Angle running down to the ring to clear A&8 was a sad sight. The man looks completely broken down. I really hope that he takes a good 6 months off.

Kaz and Daniels are excellent champs and are excelling in their heel gimmick - I think they should leave the belts on them for as long as possible.

Magnus will be the next breakout star - not because I think so but just from the rub he is getting backstage. Every star that we have interviewed on the TNA press conferences mentions Magnus as the next star. I personally like him but it appears to me that the crowd dont care about him much.

I agree with everything that Talikingpoint said about the main event. I think that the match could be great and a real showcase to show what TNA is all about. Him being in the main event would suggest to me that AA will turn heel after the show by being involved in the A&8s

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 15 Sep 2012, 3:36 pm

Adam D wrote:I agree with everything that Talikingpoint said about the main event. I think that the match could be great and a real showcase to show what TNA is all about. Him being in the main event would suggest to me that AA will turn heel after the show by being involved in the A&8s
Could be great if they don't ruin it by having Aries turn heel by A&8s costing Hardy the match or storming the ring if Hardy wins.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 15 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

Adam D wrote:great podcast guys - just up to the end of the WWE part and have been laughing throughout.

Particularly liked Chris' reference of breaking the third wall OK

As a fellow man, I know what he means.

MM4E

Brilliant that Gav didn't correct me even as I was scratching around for the right words, and then referenced the fourth wall later. No sell Gav always promoting himself Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 15 Sep 2012, 5:43 pm

I think that he was worried about gimmick infringement as Santino used to get americanisms wrong on purpose - he thought maybe you were doing it for him!

It was a great show and I really enjoyed it. Although I am not sure about the CHAPS gimmick - top hats? Bowler hats are the way to go!
Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

I said for a while now that A double is behind the A&8's, and for me the best guy to turn heel on would be Jeff Hardy, he's one of the most over faces in America, even after all he's been through, his story of redemption works, getting over that final hurdle will seal the deal, this is when Aries turns, major heat and now you have a ready feud with Hardy, Hardy becoming the nearly man will then help Aries build supreme heat, if there is such a thing in the Impact Zone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I said for a while now that A double is behind the A&8's, and for me the best guy to turn heel on would be Jeff Hardy, he's one of the most over faces in America, even after all he's been through, his story of redemption works, getting over that final hurdle will seal the deal, this is when Aries turns, major heat and now you have a ready feud with Hardy, Hardy becoming the nearly man will then help Aries build supreme heat, if there is such a thing in the Impact Zone

that's the term I was trying to find in my post, both Hardy and AA are over with the fans, which is important when booking your biggest PPV. I also think TNA are trying to kill two birds with one stone here, Arizona is a relatively new market for TNA so they want a strong, fan favourite main event to try and break into the state as well as creating an excellent atmosphere for the benefit of the fans watching via PPV.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down