The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

+2
Uryu Ishida
Dolphin Ziggler
6 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:28 am

http://www.v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-6th-november.html

Bonfire Night has come and gone, and so have all the puns involved. This week's podcast is an absolutely great one, a resounding success by all means (just think of the puns i've missed out on). Chris and Gavin talk TNA Turning Point and the changes to the card on WWE's Survivor Series.

Part two sees the two hosts digest two interesting questions, concerning WWE NXT stars making appearances on PPV's and how the company would have looked had Shawn Michaels not suffered serious injury in 1998.

It's been a busy week for wrestling, especially with the WWE making their way over to these shores. Vince McMahon made his impact felt, completely changing the face of the Survivor Series PPV coming up this month. Panic or planning?

TNA also took big steps to build towards this weekend's Turning Point PPV. A triple threat match for the number one contenders spot with a cracking stipulation, Jeff Hardy and Austin Aries take their feud up a step or two with the introduction of ladders, whilst the rest of the card looks to take shape.

As ever, we would love your feedback. Our questions to our audience this week:

1. What are you expecting from Turning Point this Sunday?
2. Who is taking home the World Championship in TNA?
3. Did WWE panic over a poor reaction to their original Survivor Series plans?
4. Does James Storm drink too much?
5. Is it just me or does Christian look a lot like Sebastien Vettel?

This podcast needs a wider audience and that means you can help - make sure to spread the word about us on Twitter and Facebook.

http://www.v2journal.com/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-6th-november.html

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:36 pm

interesting podcast. liked the HBK question.

1: not much really, TNA feels like they have left stuff until the last minute where the last show imo should always be pushing the card.

2: this depends on who wins the triple threat. If AJ wins, then expect an aries win, if Roode wins then tbh, either of them would be good. if Storm wins then see Hardy win, as imo it would be pretty good.

3: no, they paniced over HIAC and this caused them to churn out garbage except for Cena v Ziggler which they now ruined. TBH I can see Foley in the team now and maybe feud with Ziggler at TLC even though he doesnt need it as he holds MITB. What I would have done is just pulled Ryback n Punk out, give them a match with guest referee HHH. In the match, Ryback takes out HHH accidentally, Punk calls for help n here comes Lesnar to take out Ryback. A tired Cena runs out and takes out Punk for causing this and HHH takes out Lesnar ( using discression he doesn't DQ anyone) with Ryback hitting Shell Shocked for the 3. This sets up HHH V Lesnar and Punk v Cena. Who would face Ryback at TLC? Barret, by beating ADR and Orton in a triple threat match on Raw.

4: Nope

5: I guess so....age Vettel about 20 years n we will see.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast - 6th November - Feedback is much appreciated as ever

Post by VDT Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:46 pm

Another great show lads, what a brilliant question sent in by that Chris Lappin lad sparked a good discussion I think!

Liked the Shawn Michaels bit, never thought about it before but them 4 years prob did live his life!

Could they have Ryback repeatingly shellshocking Maddocks til Ryback gets DQed!

I predict Ryback wins at Survivor Series only to loss it back to Punk at TLC in a screwy way like being handcuffed to the ropes or something!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:20 am

Credit to Kid Vicious for the HBK question, I thought it would be the kind of thing Gavin would have an opinion on. I really enjoyed the debate and questions this week.

I still think Punk wins, although its probably no harder to legitimately write Ryback out of the main event slot than it is Punk.

I can see Ryback getting DQed against Maddox, especially as the crowd will be expecting a squash.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:07 am

I think CM Punk or Heyman will be involved in helping Maddox win.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

Can I just say the opening 30 seconds of the second part were genius!

Listened to it 3 times already and still laughing! Its just the end of the segment that cracks me up!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 08 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

I much prefer the one from part one, took much more work!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 09 Nov 2012, 8:24 pm

Just finished listening and here are my thoughts on the NXT question by VDT

I think the NXT idea could work given the right booking but agree that having 10 unestablished, unknown wrestlers in one match at one of the traditionally big PPV's could go down like a lead ballon with the live crowd. You tend to get more families and less smark fans at live events (baring wm) so these main stream fans reaction could well do more harm than good as good crowd reaction translated well on tv can make an average match seem amazing and visa-versa. I think this does pose a good question on how do NXT wrestlers make the transition from development territory to mainstream television? I would go back to the very beginning concept of NXT which is 'the next breakout star' and have one wrestler promoted once a year via some form of competition with the conclusion at wrestlemania, a one on one match between the top two qualifiers and make a huge deal out of the match with videos of how each man has trained and struggled to make to this point etc etc etc. I think it could really propell some of the talent into the limelight, build new stars and give NXT some kind of relevance with the whole year of NXT being built around obtaining and winning that match on the grandest stage of them all!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 10 Nov 2012, 1:17 am

Yeah, that would be an exciting way to do it, although it would slightly limit them on how many they could promote and when. They could steal the BFG series idea from TNA, that then leaves them only doing it for a certain amount of months and gives them that chance to build someone.

Gav's point on enjoying them whilst there in NXT is a good one, but I still want some of them on WWE main programming. Having watched the CM Punk DVD its clear he has long history with Chris Hero, so his Kassius Ohno could be a good rivalry, or indeed tag partner. Ohno is the best thing on NXT. Rollins is a cracking wrestler too. Theres a few in there who could be built with tag teams too, Big E Langston is definitely one of those, whilst Ascension look a really good pairing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sat 10 Nov 2012, 10:55 am

Maybe 10 at once is a bit much so what they could have done is instead of Regal having that pub brawl with Big Show, he could had with Tenasi setting up a Match between Regal and 3 or 4 NXT guys V Tenasi and a few of his Japanese mates!!!

This way they'd introduce a few NXT guys and prob gets a lot of PPV buys ffrom the Asian market!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 10 Nov 2012, 11:10 am

The whole concept of NXT should be to get these guys up to a standard that when their ready they look, act, wrestler and talk like legit stars so in theory it's a good platform for them to hone their craft. But I do think there does nee to be some kind of long term plan on how to break them or certain stand out stars like bray, ohno and Rollins into the main stream limelight and I don't think the wwe current have that plan

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sun 11 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

btw, congrats on the Daniels Conferance call, you got mentioned on Facebook!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:20 am

Uryu Ishida wrote:btw, congrats on the Daniels Conferance call, you got mentioned on Facebook!

Really? By who?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:31 am

Adam D wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:btw, congrats on the Daniels Conferance call, you got mentioned on Facebook!

Really? By who?

TNA

https://www.facebook.com/tnawrestlinguk

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down