The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

+35
Liam
jimdig
rodders
azania
aja424
bellchees
quentins_monkey
tunes666
tomfinneywalksonwater
spencerclarke
Captain Charisma
seanmichaels
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
captain carrantuohil
owen10ozzy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Rowley
KingMonkey
eddyfightfan
TheMackemMawler
ONETWOFOREVER
manos de piedra
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BoxingFan88
Rodney
ShahenshahG
davidemore
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
Nico the gman
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Seanusarrilius
39 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!  - Page 4 Empty *Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 11 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, here is the conference in full.

Let me say this.

I would prefer him to stay retired, absolutely would, but man Hatton, I wish you well!

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/09/wbn-video-ricky-hatton-comeback-press.html?spref=tw

Wish he knew that we were proud of him tho, depsite his issues, he has my respect

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!  - Page 4 Empty Re: *Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
azania wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Hatton v maidana

Massacre. Hatton should fight Witter or some easy to beat with a name fighter. Fighting anyone ranked top 50 is a mistake.
One time I can agree with that. Maybe a fight with that Salita guy?

If he's taking my money I want entertainment. It is not the most dangerous job by a long shot

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!  - Page 4 Empty Re: *Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

Post by Liam Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:28 pm

Hatton can still do a job guys, he wasn't fighting Pacman and Mayweather for no reason. I know its been a long time since he's been in the ring but once he get's back into a routine and begins throwing punches again he is still a very good fighter. I'm not sure what his exact goals are from this return but i'm sure he's looking for one more big fight.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:I am going to stand by my vulture quote Captain....I agree that they should have fought whilst in there prime but purely so that Hatton could have shown he was by far the better of the two...

Witter has always been one of those guys who had talent but never fully made the most of it...be it he just couldn't or the fact he was to lazy...personally I think it was the latter...

Whenever Witter had the chance to show he deserved to be in the ring with Hatton he often stunk the place out. There was perhaps a two year window following the Kosta fight where Witter could have put himself in the frame for a showdown with Hatton.

During that period he spoke far to often about his rival rather than getting in the ring and just showing what he had...this resulted in him stinking the place out against the likes of:

N'Dou...Kotelnyk...Lynes and to some degree DeMarcus Corley...

Since Hatton has been in retirement he has done nothing to warrant getting between the ropes with him and for me he has proven that he has & always will be a little classless with regards to Hatton...

If he doesn't believe the bloke should be getting back into the ring then why a few sentences later say if he does come back it should only be to fight me...

He is essentially saying that Hatton could get hurt by coming back to fight because of the lifestyle he led whilst away and that he isn't the fighter he once was...but then he is happy to feed off him for what would be his biggest pay day of his life..

As for it shifting tickets, your right it probably would. But I would go as far to suggest that only 1% would go to people who actually wanted to see Witter fight....the guy has never shifted tickets in his life & he isn't going to start now. Yet based on previous negotiations and the type of character Witter is I would bet a sizeable sum of money that he would head to the contract table wanting 50%...

I actually think he could still have the beating of Khan because whilst Khan is talented the fact is he does not have the boxing ring intelligence which is something Hatton had in abundance. He knows how to cut the ring down (and he wouldn't have forgot how to do that) and at various points in the fight would get to him on the inside. If he did then I think it would be curtains for Khan.

There are a list of fighters I would rather see him in their with and Witter's name does not appear.

Witter was a world champ. So was Hatton. The fight was a natural. Saying Witter should have done this or that to get the fight made is a nonsense. It was always Hatton's choice who he fought and if Hatton wanted the fight, it would have happened. He didn't like Witter and that is the main reason.

Khan would murder him.

Change of tune Az? Thought boxers had no options, no choice, were just puppets of their promoter masters? Funny how the shoe fits when it's the other way round with you......

Hatton is self promoted and has a lot of say in the direction of his career. Slight difference.

The majority of the era people are saying Witter was a relevant fight for Hatton he was with Warren. By the time he left he had the 'too big' argument.

My timescale may be wrong. But was Witter champ whilst Hatton was with Warren? I thought he left Warren after beating Kostya Tszyu in 2005.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

Its funny that out of all the supposed top level fighters, Khan has jumped at the opportunity to beat a washed up has been.

What wrong? Was beating a ghost of Barrera not enough????
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:34 pm

Khan hasn't said anything.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:35 pm

I bet Hatton will make a lot of people eat their words. Not saying he'll be p4p top ten after 4 or 5 bouts but there's a lot of clunge around welter at the moment. This thread needs to go in the vault.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:38 pm

azania wrote:Khan hasn't said anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2202526/Amir-Khan-wants-Ricky-Hatton-fight.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He told his manager Asif Vali he wanted to fight him. Now unless you have a source that shows that Amir DENYS this, then please toddle on son Smile
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:Khan hasn't said anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2202526/Amir-Khan-wants-Ricky-Hatton-fight.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He told his manager Asif Vali he wanted to fight him. Now unless you have a source that shows that Amir DENYS this, then please toddle on son Smile

I guarentee Az has no credible info to dispute you Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

Hatton will walk into a world championship fight. mallinaggi has said plenty that they are in negotiations. So there is a 147lb belt on the line. Hatton sells, and I for one wouldn't rule out a Floyd fight. Financially it'll make sense if Hatton can show any form. If Hatton gets a belt it makes it viable. Of course he'd lose, but everyone loses to Floyd. All Floyd's fights do 1 million buys, Hatton ensures British ppv, no one else brings that to the table. Even if he only brought 20000 fans to Vegas, as opposed to 30000 last time, you've got to admit that Hatton brings everything apart from a challenge to a Floyd party.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

He is involved in GBP though. Didn't he know all about the time Golden Boy went behind Khan's back to set up an appeal. He told the story as if WAS done that way rather than IN HIS OPINION it was done that way.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:48 pm

jimdig wrote:Hatton will walk into a world championship fight. mallinaggi has said plenty that they are in negotiations. So there is a 147lb belt on the line. Hatton sells, and I for one wouldn't rule out a Floyd fight. Financially it'll make sense if Hatton can show any form. If Hatton gets a belt it makes it viable. Of course he'd lose, but everyone loses to Floyd. All Floyd's fights do 1 million buys, Hatton ensures British ppv, no one else brings that to the table. Even if he only brought 20000 fans to Vegas, as opposed to 30000 last time, you've got to admit that Hatton brings everything apart from a challenge to a Floyd party.

But 30k fans went over expecting a Hatton win. No way could he bring 20k over to watch him lose.

I can't see him fighting in America btw, if he is going to get his fighters some recognition in Britain, hes gotta be FIGHTING in Britain at reasonable hours in the night.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:48 pm

Amir Khan has moved swiftly to sound out a fight with Ricky Hatton, with his fellow Briton expected to confirm his ring return on Friday.

Hatton, 33, has been in retirement for three-and-a-half years since a mauling at the hands of Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

But with the welterweight set to announce his comeback, Khan's manager Asif Vali has told the Daily Mirror that the Olympic silver medalist may move up in weight in order to fight his close friend Hatton.

‘I’ve spoken to Amir about this before and while he and Ricky are good friends, he knows boxing is a business,’ said Vali.

‘A fight between Amir and Ricky would be huge. It would be a massive super-fight. It could sell 100,000 at Wembley and everyone would want to see it.
‘I’m sure they could put their friendship to one side for 12 weeks for this fight.

‘Ricky’s bound to be asked that question at his press conference on Friday, and if the opportunity for them to fight arises, then who knows what will happen?

Close friends have fought before and it has not affected their friendships.’

Vali also hailed Hatton's return as great boost for British boxing.

‘It’s great for British boxing,’ said Vali.

‘As a boxing fan, I’m excited he’s coming back. I’ve always been a Ricky Hatton fan. As a boxing businessman, I’m also excited because it presents some interesting opportunities.
‘At 33, he’s still young, and he’s still got it. He’s got that enthusiasm back. I think he’s been bitten by the bug again because he’s training the young fighters at his gym.

‘That’s fired him up.’

Hatton's application for his fighter's licence to be renewed is expected to be approved quickly as the British Boxing Board of Control feel that he has served his punishment for taking cocaine in 2010.

Hatton's return is booked for November 24 at Manchester’s MEN Arena, but it remains to be seen whether it will be against former IBF and WBA light-welterweight champion Khan.

No where does it say he asked his manager to make the fight. In fact it seems its his manager pushing for the fight. As I said, Khan hasn't said anything.

Frankly it will happen. Its a natural passing the torch fight. One which hopefully Khan will send his great friend Ricky into retirement. Khan will then be the Great British Hero.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

picard

Come on Dee. You're better than that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

Don’t know why anyone would really object to Khan putting himself in the mix for this. Hatton will be returning in or around his division and given Khan has just been sparked in pretty dramatic fashion he needs a rebuilding fight or two before he can even begin to mention the likes of Floyd again. Hatton is obviously not going to be the fighter he was so fits the bill as a rebuilding opponent, the fact that a rebuilding opponent can offer the sort of payday for Khan which Ricky would will mean Khan would have to be a damned fool not to be trying to get himself to the top of the queue, the payday is in complete disproportion to the risk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:51 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:I am going to stand by my vulture quote Captain....I agree that they should have fought whilst in there prime but purely so that Hatton could have shown he was by far the better of the two...

Witter has always been one of those guys who had talent but never fully made the most of it...be it he just couldn't or the fact he was to lazy...personally I think it was the latter...

Whenever Witter had the chance to show he deserved to be in the ring with Hatton he often stunk the place out. There was perhaps a two year window following the Kosta fight where Witter could have put himself in the frame for a showdown with Hatton.

During that period he spoke far to often about his rival rather than getting in the ring and just showing what he had...this resulted in him stinking the place out against the likes of:

N'Dou...Kotelnyk...Lynes and to some degree DeMarcus Corley...

Since Hatton has been in retirement he has done nothing to warrant getting between the ropes with him and for me he has proven that he has & always will be a little classless with regards to Hatton...

If he doesn't believe the bloke should be getting back into the ring then why a few sentences later say if he does come back it should only be to fight me...

He is essentially saying that Hatton could get hurt by coming back to fight because of the lifestyle he led whilst away and that he isn't the fighter he once was...but then he is happy to feed off him for what would be his biggest pay day of his life..

As for it shifting tickets, your right it probably would. But I would go as far to suggest that only 1% would go to people who actually wanted to see Witter fight....the guy has never shifted tickets in his life & he isn't going to start now. Yet based on previous negotiations and the type of character Witter is I would bet a sizeable sum of money that he would head to the contract table wanting 50%...

I actually think he could still have the beating of Khan because whilst Khan is talented the fact is he does not have the boxing ring intelligence which is something Hatton had in abundance. He knows how to cut the ring down (and he wouldn't have forgot how to do that) and at various points in the fight would get to him on the inside. If he did then I think it would be curtains for Khan.

There are a list of fighters I would rather see him in their with and Witter's name does not appear.

Witter was a world champ. So was Hatton. The fight was a natural. Saying Witter should have done this or that to get the fight made is a nonsense. It was always Hatton's choice who he fought and if Hatton wanted the fight, it would have happened. He didn't like Witter and that is the main reason.

Khan would murder him.

Change of tune Az? Thought boxers had no options, no choice, were just puppets of their promoter masters? Funny how the shoe fits when it's the other way round with you......

Hatton is self promoted and has a lot of say in the direction of his career. Slight difference.

The majority of the era people are saying Witter was a relevant fight for Hatton he was with Warren. By the time he left he had the 'too big' argument.

My timescale may be wrong. But was Witter champ whilst Hatton was with Warren? I thought he left Warren after beating Kostya Tszyu in 2005.

People we talking about the fight being most viable 01-06. My memory is Hatton leaving Warren around the end of 05. Therefore over most of this period Warren controlled Hatton's affairs and when Hatton controlled his own he had just beaten the divisional #1 and top10 p4p fighter. There was a brief cross-over where Witter had the WBC title and defended it a twice before getting beat by a green Bradley. During that period Witter fought in Ally Pally and Doncaster. During the same period Hatton fought three times in Vegas including against the p4p#1 and generational great.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm

So you think Khan's manager wouldn't consult him before making such statements!? You understand Vali WORKS FOR KHAN PROMOTIONS AZ!!!!

So not only do Golden boy work behind Khans back, but now Khan's manager goes behind his back to the press to beef up a Hatton fight!?

Of course Khan is involved in this haha.

But that aside, I agree with you that Khan puts him back into retirement, they won't fight IMO
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:53 pm

I think Hatton would need to do alot more than just re-beat Malignaggi to get a Mayweather fight. I think Mayweather would be pretty slated and the U.S audience and tv networks would be more demanding. I actually dont think, at least in Mayweather terms, the fight would be a financial success unless Hatton really put together a string of top wins. He might just about convince the willing UK fan but in the U.S it would be seen as a very poor fight I think.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:56 pm

Khan will not be a Great British Hero if he beats Hatton!! What are you on Az!?

Was Oscar a great Mexican hero after beating Chavez?????

Khan will get slated if he fights and beats Hatton, hes hardly a public darling as it is haha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:57 pm

To say Khan has not said anything is not quite true, however for anyone to suggest he is chomping at the bit for the fight would be something of an over exaggeration

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/19/amir-khan-ricky-hatton

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So you think Khan's manager wouldn't consult him before making such statements!? You understand Vali WORKS FOR KHAN PROMOTIONS AZ!!!!

No. Khan WORKS FOR Vali. Have you not got this yet Reborn? Ignoring who earns all the money, who pays whose wages and who controls the mechanical movement of ones jaw when sound is coming out, Khan indisputably is merely a puppet of evil over-lords.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So you think Khan's manager wouldn't consult him before making such statements!? You understand Vali WORKS FOR KHAN PROMOTIONS AZ!!!!

So not only do Golden boy work behind Khans back, but now Khan's manager goes behind his back to the press to beef up a Hatton fight!?

But that aside, I agree with you that Khan puts him back into retirement, they won't fight IMO

Of course he was consulted. But that's not what you said is it.

But why is it bad for Khan to fight (and absolutely school the drunk) if Ricky is stupid enough to return. KHan should give Hatton some tough love and send him back to the pub. I imagine every active boxer between 140 and 205 will want a piece of Hatton.

But importantly Hatton will want to fight Khan also. I bet you would not be critical of Hatton for that eh.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

Got to say I am with Az on this one, nobody would slate Hatton for taking on a guy coming on the back of two losses with no chin and negligible power. There are reasons, primarily financial, why both would want this fight and why both would see it as winnable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

No. Khan WORKS FOR Vali. Have you not got this yet Reborn? Ignoring who earns all the money, who pays whose wages and who controls the mechanical movement of ones jaw when sound is coming out, Khan indisputably is merely a puppet of evil over-lords.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:06 pm

rowley wrote:To say Khan has not said anything is not quite true, however for anyone to suggest he is chomping at the bit for the fight would be something of an over exaggeration

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/19/amir-khan-ricky-hatton

I knew you were a bleeding heart, sandal wearing, liberal Guardian reader.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

It would be worth him worth him fighting Canelo in his comeback fight just to see azanias reaction. Out to avenge his brother, and he is the Manchester Mexican afterall.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:08 pm

Az, I realised after someone had posted a link to the Daily Mail it was not possible to be embarrased about whatever newspaper you read

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

azania wrote:

Of course he was consulted. But that's not what you said is it.

But why is it bad for Khan to fight (and absolutely school the drunk) if Ricky is stupid enough to return. KHan should give Hatton some tough love and send him back to the pub. I imagine every active boxer between 140 and 205 will want a piece of Hatton.

But importantly Hatton will want to fight Khan also. I bet you would not be critical of Hatton for that eh.

Ooooooh mind reader as well as a Goldboy Promotion Lawyer Smile

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:11 pm

Ohhh smart man young man. Well done. Give yourself a milkshake.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:12 pm

Drool banana one??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan will not be a Great British Hero if he beats Hatton!! What are you on Az!?

Khan will get slated if he fights and beats Hatton, hes hardly a public darling as it is haha

He should be a Great British hero. He has done wonders promoting this country and charitable. He's a great example for youths to follow. A very disciplined man who doesn't drink or party. Devout in his religion and a wonderful ambassador. Not some fat, bear swilling dope head.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:17 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan will not be a Great British Hero if he beats Hatton!! What are you on Az!?

He should be a Great British hero. He has done wonders promoting this country and charitable. He's a great example for youths to follow. A very disciplined man who doesn't drink or party. Devout in his religion and a wonderful ambassador. Not some fat, bear swilling dope head.

I agree, but you know that if Khan fought Hatton next year and knocked him out it would add fuel to a pretty big fire that already burns for a lot of people in regards to Khan.

I know I take the P from time to time with him, but I would never ask Khan to "retire!!" like some Wink haha just kiddin
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:20 pm

rowley wrote:Az, I realised after someone had posted a link to the Daily Mail it was not possible to be embarrased about whatever newspaper you read

Hahaha, truer words have never been spoken

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:21 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
rowley wrote:Az, I realised after someone had posted a link to the Daily Mail it was not possible to be embarrased about whatever newspaper you read

They'd see me on the dole Shah, horrible folk

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:24 pm

azania wrote:

Beating Hatton would make him unpopular though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:28 pm

azania wrote:

A terrible driver though.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

azania wrote:

1) He does party. Had an awkward explanation to his missus a few months back as he posted a photo of himself in a strip club (excused as a burlesque show) with a wad of cash. This was on Twitter so not surprised you missed it as an example.

2) Hatton was caught snorting only after his career had finished from memory, therefore not really a fair comparison as Khan is still within his therefore keeping himself in good nic.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:32 pm

Plus didn't Khan used to burn ants with Steve Bunce???
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:36 pm

If I was Hatton at this stage I'd be banging the door down to get Kell Brook, it would really be a great gage of where he is in terms of punch resistance and how much he has in the tank.

I don't think Brook is a massive concussive hitter, nor a fighter that can move though the gears and evidence of his last fight someone who struggled under pressure, if Hatton can't cope at that level then it's time to hang them up full time.

If not Brook I heard earlier Maidana would be a massacre ? on what evidence ? Someone who scraped past Morales returning whose more shopworn that any one, pasted off Alexander, If Hatton had any form left he'd make mince meat of Maidana IMO.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 14 Sep 2012, 4:36 pm

rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

How do you reconcile your choice of paper to your job? Schizophrenia?!!

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:14 pm

Rodney wrote:If I was Hatton at this stage I'd be banging the door down to get Kell Brook, it would really be a great gage of where he is in terms of punch resistance and how much he has in the tank.

I don't think Brook is a massive concussive hitter, nor a fighter that can move though the gears and evidence of his last fight someone who struggled under pressure, if Hatton can't cope at that level then it's time to hang them up full time.

If not Brook I heard earlier Maidana would be a massacre ? on what evidence ? Someone who scraped past Morales returning whose more shopworn that any one, pasted off Alexander, If Hatton had any form left he'd make mince meat of Maidana IMO.

Cheers

Rodders

Thank you sir. Hatton isn't coming back just for the money. What does Prescott weigh in at these days?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:22 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Rowley's choice of paper is the Guardian, a paper for tree-hugging immigrant-loving criminal-protecting socialists. His job helping immigrants infiltrate this country is a perfect fit! Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

I sincerely hope that Ricky achieves everything he wants to on his comeback and more. Good luck Ricky!

No Surrendahhhhhh! Engerlaaand till I die!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:37 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Rowley's choice of paper is the Guardian, a paper for tree-hugging immigrant-loving criminal-protecting socialists. His job helping immigrants infiltrate this country is a perfect fit! Whistle

Well said, worryingly accurate description of me as well

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:56 pm

what im really worried about this is how ricky keeps going on about infinished buisness and that he cant retire after the pac thrashing, which tells me hows he going to handle it if he comes back and takes a hiding off someone in his pomp he would have battered, khan being a prime example. he going to keep going because i dont see no fairy tale ending here where he can reclaim a world title and retire

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

Good for you Ricky, no one can take away what you have done and 30 was always a young age to retire. Good to see him looking back in shape.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:13 pm

compelling and rich wrote:what im really worried about this is how ricky keeps going on about infinished buisness and that he cant retire after the pac thrashing, which tells me hows he going to handle it if he comes back and takes a hiding off someone in his pomp he would have battered, khan being a prime example. he going to keep going because i dont see no fairy tale ending here where he can reclaim a world title and retire
It is known that his training and mental stability was not great for that fight and even before that fight.. It seems Ricky knows that he was not able to give a proper account for him self then... so wants to have another go.

I would think regardless of if he takes a hiding or comes back and kicks some arse, it will put his questions to rest in his head. If he looses then he knows its time to retire and he can let it rest, if he wins then he gets to take in some more success and end his career on a better note than when he was knocked out in 2 rounds.

to look back and see that you ended it when he could have had about 5 or so years left in his career could really do a fighters head in , especially when he ended his career more for out of the ring issues.

I think he will take on a small fight to get rid of the ring rust.. then have a rematch with Paulie M, and IF he wins that fight and wins it with confidence and feels he still has what it takes then he will try and take on one of the big guns...

I don't think its dangerous as I think he will only get in the ring with a top contender if he is doing well enough to merit it... If he was to jump in the ring right away with a champ, or someone like Khan or Brook, then it would be a bit foolish IMO.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:21 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I'm a little alarmed to see people even brushing the outter edges of the possibility of Hatton ever fighting Mayweather again under any set of circumstances.

Spot on Chris.

How people can even begin to float this is beyond me.

I guess this shows the attraction of Ricky Hatton to British boxing, whole lotta crazy talk up in here!

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

even though im a big hatton fan, i dont buy for one minute the poor training camp was the reason for his beating off pac, style makes fights and his style was to come forward onto pac, was always going to be suicide

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:40 pm

compelling and rich wrote:even though im a big hatton fan, i dont buy for one minute the poor training camp was the reason for his beating off pac, style makes fights and his style was to come forward onto pac, was always going to be suicide
I think Hatton would have lost but being slammed in two rounds to me smells of an unprepared fighter, and its no secret that he had issues with MWS and that they all thought he was doing too much.. you can win and lose a fight in training camp.. And if your a fighter that knows you last fight was a bad loose and in a time where he was not mentally focused, then retiring at 30 is never going to rest.

He got beaten by two of the best in their prime, and while now those fighters are showing more weaknesses and other young fighters are coming up that also show weaknesses, then it may be a good time for Ricky to get amongst it...

As you say styles do make fights and that's why some boxers who have been exposed at some point can still offer something to the game.. I think If Hatton came back fit and on the mark (which he may do) then there two or three great potential match ups out there.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:16 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:

I agree, but you know that if Khan fought Hatton next year and knocked him out it would add fuel to a pretty big fire that already burns for a lot of people in regards to Khan.

I know I take the P from time to time with him, but I would never ask Khan to "retire!!" like some Wink haha just kiddin

What big fire burns n a lot of people re Khan. First heard of that. I know many shallow and small minded people on here don't like him, but this place is not a reflection on the wider public. Why should a fire burn against a wonderful role model?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next