The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

+35
Liam
jimdig
rodders
azania
aja424
bellchees
quentins_monkey
tunes666
tomfinneywalksonwater
spencerclarke
Captain Charisma
seanmichaels
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
captain carrantuohil
owen10ozzy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Rowley
KingMonkey
eddyfightfan
TheMackemMawler
ONETWOFOREVER
manos de piedra
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BoxingFan88
Rodney
ShahenshahG
davidemore
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
Nico the gman
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Seanusarrilius
39 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!  Empty *Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 am

Ok, here is the conference in full.

Let me say this.

I would prefer him to stay retired, absolutely would, but man Hatton, I wish you well!

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/09/wbn-video-ricky-hatton-comeback-press.html?spref=tw

Wish he knew that we were proud of him tho, depsite his issues, he has my respect

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!  Empty Re: *Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 am

Has this been confirmed yet or still on the rumour mill?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

*Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!  Empty Re: *Update* Ricky Hatton conference footage for comeback!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:55 am

Or Channel 5?? The new home of boxing.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 am

Hattons comeback could this be leading to a showdown with Khan,would be a huge fight in this country, sellout at the MEN and
a big purse for both fighters.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:00 am

All rumour. Just guessing ITV. ITV or Sky would be my bet, although it would be cruel for Sky to have dumped him only to accpet him back if he is willing to put his own chin on the line.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 am

Has it been confirmed?

If he's coming back and it's a a 3 fight deal then Malignaggi would be the safest bet for a route to a 147ibs title.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 am

Nico the gman wrote:Hattons comeback could this be leading to a showdown with Khan,would be a huge fight in this country, sellout at the MEN and
a big purse for both fighters.

And a certain defeat for Hatton, I fear - the type of defeat which wouldn't have happened to him when at his best.

Anyway, I'll wait for some actual proof or conclusive evidence on this before I go in to depth about it again. It's been "on the verge of being announced" for so, so long now that I'm just hoping it becomes one of those rumours which is forever talked bout, but which never materializes. Just wish we knew either way, because this will he, won't he stuff is getting right on my nipple ends now!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:16 am

Like Chris I wish it was all untrue, but Hatton don't get into this shape for nothing.

Who might he face?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:19 am

Hoping its only a rumour,fighters seldom comeback and recapture their old form,Hatton I fear will be no different.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:48 am

Alma, it could be a big investment from C5 though.

Don't they get around 2-3 mill viewers for Fury?

Imagine what they would get for Hatton!!?? The advertising slots between rounds alone would make an absolute mint.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 am

Nico the gman wrote:Hoping its only a rumour,fighters seldom comeback and recapture their old form,Hatton I fear will be no different.

Haye vs Chisora was a pretty good comeback Whistle
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:42 am

Haye keeps in shape, Hatton did blow for a good ol' while. And ate numerous pies, and drank himself stupid.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:43 am

HERE IT IS!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqt9p4DXBRg

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:53 am

Ricky rolled

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:55 am

Breaking news on SSN he expected to announce comeback on Friday.

Oh dear

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 am

Hope he doesn't come back, what does he have to prove? He only ever lost to the best p4p of the planet, no shame in that!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:40 am

Sad day for boxing imo

I find it funny when people on this forum call/called for likes of Mosley, RJJ, Vitali, Holyfield, Morales etc to retire but welcome Ricky back

He was a fighter who made the best career possible given his limitations as a fighter and to this day he can say he was beaten by the 2 best fighters of his generation

He was rocked a couple times at the tail end of his career (not just pacquiao) and had taken a lot of punches by the time he had retired. He may have got himself in shape, but 3yrs can take its toll moreso when you have lived like him and I can see him as Morales mark II but he doesn't have morales' skills that don't expose his lack of power, speed and stamina as much

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:42 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Hope he doesn't come back, what does he have to prove? He only ever lost to the best p4p of the planet, no shame in that!

But he didn't fight that many good fighters, boxingfan? I mean if i only fought those two and a school child i could say the same. Doesn't mean much. Lot's of cans on Ricky's list.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:44 am

OH NO!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/ricky-hatton-reveal-major-announcement-on-friday--56966

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:49 am

Bradley would fight him, and kick his ass. JMM if Pac don't want him would do the same. Who will he fight? Has to be someone of at least minor boxing fame, right?

Khan is a good one, he'd beat him i think.

Sad he's coming back though.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 am

Please not let him fight khan...it would be slaughter!!!

The guy is finished I thought.. his family was close!!

Some tough love needed.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:59 am

Oh no, TRUSS is back. And what's worse is he has valid points.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 am

davidemore wrote:Bradley would fight him, and kick his ass. JMM if Pac don't want him would do the same. Who will he fight? Has to be someone of at least minor boxing fame, right?

Khan is a good one, he'd beat him i think.

Sad he's coming back though.

You think he'd beat Khan but not Mallignaggi when I mentioned earlier, are you for real ?
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:05 am

Yes i am rodney. Paulie never did the chicken dance from a neck punch. And he is way smarter than Khan. I'd take Paulie over both in a rematch.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 am

Paulie is the biggest waste of space God put on this Earth after you..

A turgid stinker.....I'd rather play chess against the father-in-law!!

khan ko4 Hatton..........30-27 before the stoppage.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:09 am

Good luck Ricky Hatton. Apparently, he'll be applying for a license in the next 48 hours.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 am

davidemore wrote:Yes i am rodney. Paulie never did the chicken dance from a neck punch. And he is way smarter than Khan. I'd take Paulie over both in a rematch.

Paulie also never hardly won a round when he fought both Khan and Hatton, how does a guy whose 31 improve so much in 18 month, ? Fair enough you might be right Hatton may have nothing left at all and Mallignaggi out points him but I doubt it, but not in a million years would he beat Khan, he has no fire power whatsoever

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Paulie is the biggest waste of space God put on this Earth after you..

A turgid stinker.....I'd rather play chess against the father-in-law!!

khan ko4 Hatton..........30-27 before the stoppage.

Were not sure how much Ricky has left thought Truss, Khan doesn't carry a serious dig and Hatton is a hundred times better than a Maidana IMO, if Hatton is 75 percent the man he was he'd give Khan hell.

I'd tip Khan but not a whitewash

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:37 am

I wonder at what weight class and what kind of level he is looking to resurface at. Or if he plans to come back for one or more fights. He could go for someone like Junior Witter if he just wanted to ease back in.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:40 am

got to be 147 for me. He was small there in his pomp, but with his age and layoff it would be more of a natural fit now I would think.

154 would be suicide

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:50 am

he can't dig at 147...so what would be the point???

Where are his Mum and Dad...surely they can tell him some home truths..

He had surface wear before Paccy....and then after this layoff!!!

Forget it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:04 am

If its journeymen he could risk losing to a nobody or he could go down the morales route where he gets false confidence and go after a top opponent with enough power to really hurt him

Khan would pepper him with shots all night and Hatton wont have the speed or power at this point in his career to mount any sort of offence

He rellied on his aggression and strength to be effective at 140, and barring a miracle he won't be fighting at that weight, so he will have to adjust to make any sort of a career as he won't be big at the weight, wont have the same stamina and will have the same chin he left with, a weak one

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:05 am

Forman did it.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:06 am

khan is licking his lips at this you can bet.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 am

Heavyweights aren't as fast as welters..

and let's face it he can't dig like George..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Forman did it.

Foreman had 1 punch KO power that can end a fight, Hatton is an accumulation puncher who relies on landing big shots for 8 rounds before it finally takes it toll. Also, Foreman being a heavyweight weighed 250-260lbs and was always 20lbs heavier than his opponents which helped him take punches and could rest on his opponents when tired. Hatton will be fighting guys the same weight and would get steamrolled by lightmiddleweights or middleweights so welterweight is his only option but can he get to 147

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 am

Foreman was a 220lb fighter during his first title reign. He might have been 250lb something like 20years after his pro debut.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 am

Can he dig at 147??? history say's no...

So he's canon fodder...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:35 am

Hatton v Witter please.

I would pay to see that finally. That fight, even at this stage , would be big.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 am

alma wrote:Really can't see Hatton fighting khan. Just seems incredibly unwise. Khan would just be too fast I think. The Hatton of 2005 would beat khan quite handily though I think. Let's face it, if someone as average as Garcia can destroy khan, the Hatton that beat Tszyu would batter him, especially as khan is useless on the inside.

Agree with all you say alma but knowing how Khan is he would take that fihgt and try to convince us that Hatton is still a force to be reckond with.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:41 am

Firmly with Truss here, he should forget about it.

To his great credit, he got as much as he could from his talent first time around and benefited from advantages along the way, such as the decision against Collazo and having Micky Vann ref 5 or 6 fights in a row.

He should leave it at that and be proud.

What's his line on the after dinner circuit going to be when he gets beat by someone/people who are not at Floyd's or Manny's level....

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:49 am

Alot depends on who he fights. Like on actual fight night alot of the time there probably isnt much differance between many 140lbers and 147lbers when they are rehydrated. Hatton would have far more chance of bullying Malignaggi at 147 then Mathysse at 140 for example. Its hard to know with the differances between weigh in weight and in ring weight these days.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:57 am

come on give me a break, there isnt a fighter alive today who would have lost against manny or floyd when he fought them, and his style is all or nothing, so he was either guna win or get kod.

theres still massive fights for him, witter, khan, brook, malinggi are all huge then theres a few good names to "warm up" against, mcloskey, gavin, theophane, or even someone like lee purdy.

imagine if he and matthew had a barney, that would sell like rubber rings on the titanic

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:05 am

Not being funny but who wants to see Hatton fight Paulie again.....Or Paulie fight anybody for that matter!!

If Paulie was wrestling a 60 ft python in the middle of the white house lawn people would just walk by..

He stinks so much..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 am

Massive disagree, I like Paulie. He's entertaining in the build up and has some good skills. He was excellent out in the Ukraine winning the title too. He's by no means 'elite' but he's top class.

That said, would I like to see him fight Ricky again? No. No I would not.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Hatton v Witter please.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 am

Has there been any word or rumours on who will be training Hatton?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 am

How can you find slapper Paulie entertaining....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 am

Ricky Hatton has called a press conference for Friday.....

Oh, and how can anyone NOT find Paulie entertaining? Good boxer and a character. Ok, no power but you can't have everything.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:41 am

606 seems to be getting more undemanding by the minute...

Come on guys Hatton-Paulie is a stinker!!.... but worse.....

IT'S MEANINGLESS!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next