The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season

+15
ADMIN
Scott is Back
Josiah Maiestas
Alessandro Ciambella
Trebs
monty junior
dyrewolfe
The Special Juan
CaledonianCraig
SteveG
Gerry SA
Belgarion of Riva
Critical_mass
GSC
Fernando
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season  - Page 2 Empty Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season

Post by Fernando Wed 05 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lewis Hamilton is on the verge of leaving McLaren to drive for Mercedes next season, according to BBC F1 chief analyst Eddie Jordan.

The former team boss says Hamilton will replace Michael Schumacher, who will retire from driving for a second time at the end of the year.

"I believe Hamilton and Mercedes have already agreed personal terms and a deal could be imminent," Jordan said.

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone hinted last Sunday that Schumacher was retiring.

Ecclestone told Jordan on BBC One: "I'm sorry that he's leaving us not being a winner, because he is a winner."

Asked if knew whether Schumacher was retiring, Ecclestone added: "I don't know, I don't know."

Confronted with Ecclestone's comments, Schumacher insisted after Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix that he had not yet decided on his future.

"As I told [Ecclestone] yesterday I had not made a decision," said the German.

Jordan said he had since been investigating the situation and believed Hamilton, who has yet to agree a new deal to remain with McLaren, was on his way to Mercedes to replace Schumacher.

"Some weeks ago I said on TV that I felt Lewis was on the move and I had an idea at the time he had been speaking to Ferrari, which we now know is true," Jordan said.

"But I can now confirm his people have had meetings with Mercedes.

"Bernie Ecclestone made it clear to me live on television on Sunday that Schumacher was leaving, although Schumacher later played it down.

"So it would appear Michael is leaving and Lewis is arriving at Mercedes.

"Hamilton has not agreed terms with McLaren yet.

"In fact the team have made it clear they cannot offer him as big a salary as his current $15m (£9.42m) deal, which was negotiated before the global financial crisis.

"On top of that, McLaren have to pay for their Mercedes engines for the first time next year.

"Hamilton moving to Mercedes would also make a lot of sense in the context of his manager Simon Fuller, the man behind the Spice Girls and now David Beckham.

"Fuller is trying to position Hamilton as a major global star, like Beckham, and Mercedes is a much bigger global brand than McLaren.

"There has been some uncertainty over Mercedes' position in F1. The board is unhappy at the current performance of the team, but getting Hamilton would undoubtedly be a massive coup and it could give the F1 team some breathing space."

Hamilton's representative at Simon Fuller's XIX Management, Simon Oliveira, and Mercedes GP chief executive officer Nick Fry refused to comment.

A McLaren spokesman said: "Negotiations between Lewis Hamilton and McLaren continue."

If Hamilton left McLaren, it would leave the team with a huge hole to fill.

Among the candidates for the vacancy alongside Jenson Button would be Scot Paul di Resta, currently at Force India, and Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen.

Di Resta, who has the same management team as Button after splitting with Hamilton's father Anthony, has continued to impress this season, his second in F1 with Force India.

Raikkonen, who drove for McLaren from 2002-05, was a candidate at the team for 2010 before negotiations broke down over money and team boss Martin Whitmarsh turned to Button.

Raikkonen returned to F1 this season with Lotus after two unsuccessful years in world rallying and although he has had some unconvincing weekends, his performances have been increasingly impressive.

The 32-year-old Finn currently lies fourth in the championship heading into this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, one place ahead of Hamilton.

The Englishman's season has been hampered by early-season operational errors by McLaren which cost him about 40 points, and on Sunday in Belgium he was taken out in a start-line collision caused by Lotus's Romain Grosjean.

Hamilton is now 47 points behind world championship leader Fernando Alonso of Ferrari with 200 available in the remaining eight races.

Source:bbc Sport

Bad decision by Lewis for me

Last edited by Fernando on Wed 05 Sep 2012, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season

Post by Trebs Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:24 pm

I have a feeling massa will be given one more season at ferrari, with a young driver like perez coming in at the end of next season. Hamilton will partner rosberg at mercedes with di resta partnering button at mclaren.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton could be set for Mercedes drive next season

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:00 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:I have a feeling massa will be given one more season at ferrari, with a young driver like perez coming in at the end of next season. Hamilton will partner rosberg at mercedes with di resta partnering button at mclaren.

Could not agree more with that above. As a Hamilton fan though, I don't know whether to be happy or sad if the move goes ahead. There is no doubting Mercedes quality and everyone knows F1 is about cycles of succes and the fact that Mercedes may have a competitive edge on engines in 2014 may just be a shrewd move from Lewis. McLaren having to buy engines off Mercedes was probably the main reason behind Lewis being offered an inferior financial package. I think McLaren will rue letting as driver of Hamilton's ability go to a rival.

BUT..........it's not happened as of yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:47 pm

If he's off to Merc then they must have told him something we don't know about future development. Becasue on the face of it the car is slow(ish), chews its tyres and is unreliable with Shumi being the only driver this season to suffer worse luck than Hamilton - and that's saying something !!

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

SteveG wrote:If he's off to Merc then they must have told him something we don't know about future development.

Basically they've told him that they will be privy to all the research and development of the 2014 engine and therefore not only will it be hugely advantageous to join the team but Mercedes can develop a car around it too. The opportunity to work alongside Ross Brawn is another important factor. Ross Brawn has already stated he desire for Hamilton to join and therefore is a sign that Hamilton will be given full support and backing, something which in Lewis' eyes is key. This partnership could be extremely powerful in F1 years to come and could lead Brawn in his quest to transform Mercedes into an F1 powerhouse. I think it will also be a huge blow to McLaren because Lewis will know extensive details regarding next season's car which will be relayed to Mercedes engineers and designers.

Throw in an extremely attractive financial package and you can see why Lewis Hamilton is seeing his future at Mercedes. I just have to laugh when I read comments by Martin Whitmarsh stating that Lewis Hamilton's move to Mercedes is nothing more than 'fantasy'. I think that's further proof of why Lewis has possibly decided to work under a well respected F1 boss in Brawn instead of this goon named Whitmarsh. thumbsup

I await the announcement.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Im warming to the idea of him moving, so would be disappointed if he didnt move - thinking about it long term.

It will also be interesting to see how Mclarens performance is affected.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

Critical_mass wrote:It will also be interesting to see how Mclarens performance is affected.

I think Ted Kravitz was discussing that in Italy. Basically stated that surely McLaren need Hamilton more than Hamilton needing McLaren. They need a world class driver to lead the team in a championship fight againt their rivals, who can consistantly perform week in week out and produce the pole and podium finishes the team requires. Button just cannot perform that way and as Alonso said, it is really only himself and Hamilton who can win in a non-competitive car. If McLaren allow Hamilton to leave then I do worry for McLaren. Having Button leading the team in 2013 and beyond against a Ferrari favouring Alonso, Red Bull favouring Vettel & Mercedes favouring Hamilton would be an astonishingly difficult and almost impossible task for him. Di Resta would be a clear no.2 and who would require time to settle and adjust to life at a top F1 team and the demands and attention that come with it on and off the track.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:08 pm

McLaren's Plan B is rumoured to be Sergio Perez instead of Di Resta according to F1 sources. Must admit Perez is a more exciting driver in the mould of Hamilton and could be the future star of F1. Di Resta hasn't blown me away in F1 and Perez would be a signing that could potentially replace the natural speed that Hamilton brings compared to Button.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Could be trying to get Ferrari to tip their hand with Perez though. Or to jump them while they debate Massa
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 15 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Though Perez would make a world of sense as a #2 to Button in the short term.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:59 pm

Bonjourno!!

For the sake of Team Mclaren and the future progression of Jenson Button MBE I hope Hamilton moves soon.

Mclaren will save many millions by getting rid of Hamilton as a named driver on their car insurance alone. Subtract that and the tyres he's waisting, that stupendous lucrative salery he earns and the expensive contract cancellations of various Mclaren personnel and it's clear that Mclaren will finally have money to develop a car worthy of Jenson Button MBE, rather than fuelling a bank account for the contract renegade. Get him out and bring credibility to your team Mr Whitmarsh.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:29 pm

Oh we were having such a good debate until AC came along with the usual dross.

Lewis is on 15m, Button is on 12m... so can you really call Lewis' salary Lucrative considering its only 3 million more than button.... AND Lewis gets better results and consistancy (bar 2011) than Button. If anything Button's salary is lucrative.

Sure Lewis 2011 season was poor, no one can doubt that. But he has more potential, prospect and is a better driver than Button - who has spoken of retirement. So really Lewis is worth the extra 3m. The fact Mclaren have offered him a salary less than Button is insulting.. and goes to show how loyal they are to Lewis and value him as a team driver.

Button wont win another WDC, despite what he says about winning more, he just isnt hungry enough, nor does he have the skill to compete consistantly with the current crop of drivers.

Mclaren will go into a downward trend if Lewis leaves, unless Button has a "perfect" car every weekend, they just wont compete with the rest. Unless of course they do bring Perez in - who i might add would make a good no1 driver to Button.

As for car worthy of JB... dont make me laugh the current car, last years car and 2010 car was good and "worthy" of Button, its just that Button fails to perform outside that very narrow margin he can only work within... infact Mclaren need another driver other than Lewis who is worthy of the car, not the other way around.

There's a reason Lewis is paid more than Button...

I do get the impression that if Lewis wasnt in F1, you wouldnt drool over Button so much. Because it seems you only "support" Button because of Lewis, rather than having a true liking for Button.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:29 am

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:for the future progression of Jenson Button MBE I hope Hamilton moves soon.

Basically that line is admitting Jenson cannot compete with Lewis at McLaren and therefore needs him to leave. You did not need to tell me or anyone else with half a brain on this forum what we already knew years ago.

Just an update from this morning is that Lewis has said the speculation regarding his future or impending move to Mercedes is 'rubbish' and he just wants to concentrate on this years title effort. Interesting.

I thought this whole saga was coming to a conclusion and an announcement would be made before Singapore....... Erm Think Again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

Cant believe anyone who says the speculation is "rubbish" as no one is going to say "yes the rumours are true".

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

Anyway, lets assume it is rubbish. What is it thats stopping Lewis from signing... just the money?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

By the sounds of it yes OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

Fernando wrote:By the sounds of it yes OK

But then is it for more money than he's currently on, or just so they match his current salary next year.

I can understand it being about money if its him trying to get paid at least what button is on or so what he is currently on. I mean why should he have to be paid less than button next year... doesnt make sense.

However if its him wanting even more than he is on now then thats poor.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:28 pm

He's currently on 15m and He's management team want 20m a year which he won't get at all because Mclaren can't afford to pay that kind of money so don't be surprised Perez/Kovalainen replace him for 2013

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:22 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:I have a feeling massa will be given one more season at ferrari, with a young driver like perez coming in at the end of next season. Hamilton will partner rosberg at mercedes with di resta partnering button at mclaren.

Di Resta and Button in a team = average results

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:35 pm

Belgarion of Riva wrote:

Di Resta and Button in a team = average results

That's exactly what I said, no wonder they've now attempted to take Perez or force Ferrari's hand as such. Perez is a more natural replacement for Hamilton and brings that natural speed. McLaren always like to have the best partnership available but also a line up with two contrasting styles of driving. I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks the partnership of Di Resta and Button is extremely bland and non-exciting.

Was Hamilton ever really demanding £20m or is that just what Mercedes have offered??? I'm sure he would take a £15m salary per year extension to stay at McLaren but offering his less than Button is quite frankly insulting for his ability and what he's achieved for McLaren. He's basically carried the team over the last few years apart from last years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:38 pm

I shall this now

Paul Di Resta will never ever be a top class F1 driver ive been saying this since he joined FI he's been out done by Sutil and now is getting the same treatment from Hulkenburg OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:13 pm

ah didnt know he wanted 20m.. never read that anywhere.

Source Ferd?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:26 pm

From the express a couple weeks ago usually spot on when it comes to F1 for some reason cos the rest of their paper is ****

"Brawn also confirmed Mercedes are set to stay in F1 until 2020, buoyed by the fact, as engine manufacturers, new regulations covering the power units in 2014 could give them an edge.

That long-term commitment would be attractive to Hamilton, who is coming to the end of a five-year, £75million deal with McLaren.

Mercedes are not the biggest payers in F1 but, if money could be found between them and sponsors to get close to Hamilton’s £20m-a-year dream, a deal could be on."

That suggests he wants 20m tbh although isn't Alonso on like 25m a season or something ridiculous?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:34 pm

Cheers.

Yeah Alonso is on something like 25m a season yeah. Funny AC didnt mention that above when he was talking about lucrative salaries. Laugh

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 17 Sep 2012, 4:38 pm

I don't think Di Resta will ever be a top driver, but he could be a pretty good #2 in a competitive car
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:15 pm

John wrote:but offering his less than Button is quite frankly insulting for his ability and what he's achieved for McLaren. He's basically carried the team over the last few years apart from last years.
I know Hami has to take a cut in pay but didnt realise he's actually been offered less than Button (what is Buttons salary BTW?). If that's true then no wonder he's thinking of jumping ship. Absolutely outrageous!! Shocked

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:39 am

@Critical Mass

The problem isn't about Alonsos contract. He signed for Ferrari and despite them giving him mediocre cars his loyalty to them can never be questioned. It must be frustrating for him but you would never hear him demanding a wdc car before he signs for a team. His loyalty and commitment to Ferrari seems to inspire the team, something he never got the chance to do at Mclaren because they regrettably backed the wrong driver.

Hamiltons demands for a WDC winning car are quite frankly insulting to his team. Maybe they should give him the 20m contract on the premises that every crash he has comes out of his wages.

Alonso is worth every penny of his alleged wages. If any real unbiased fan could pick any driver for his team, the first driver would be Fernando Alonso. Hamilton would not even make my top 10. He's to immature even after 5 years in this sport. Alonso would have won multiple WDC if he was still at Mclaren now, he's proven to be the driver of his generation. The most feared, most competitive and most complete driver on the grid.

Mclaren gave Lewis Hamilton his chance and him, like his fans, think that this petulant behaviour is acceptable. Quite frankly he deserves to go to Mercedes and rot. Money, fame and fortune has turned him into a super brat that the vast majority of fans just can't relate to.

Jenson Button MBE and Kimi at Mclaren next year would be great for me.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 18 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

Fernando wrote:I shall this now

Paul Di Resta will never ever be a top class F1 driver ive been saying this since he joined FI he's been out done by Sutil and now is getting the same treatment from Hulkenburg OK

And yet he has lead Hulkenburg in the points all season and outqualified him more than he has been himself. Also him and Sutil were closely matched all last season, he only finished behind him because of a terrible run of luck in the early season whilst Sutil fluked a great result at Monaco for example.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:01 am

Come now AC...

Without a doubt Alonso is worth money he's given he's a top class driver, even if he does have assistance from his team mate. But to say Lewis wouldnt even make the top ten.. come on, keep taking those pills. You say Lewis isnt worth the money, yet its Lewis who's had the string of wins recently and has put himself back in the fight and if im honest id say it'll be a duel between LH and FA and for me it's looking like LH would take it.

Why shouldnt a driver demand the best from his team, they should be providing the best car given the money and experience Mclaren have. id question any driver that is happy with a mediocre car and wasnt spurring on the team to make the best car they can. Speculation as to weather FA would have won multiple WDC at Mclaren... you seem to be forgetting he got matched if not beaten by Lewis in 2007.. so to say he would have won multiple wdc had he stay, consider Lewis would have still been there, is quite frankly hilarious.

Button is happy at Mclaren because he know no other team would really want him, he's sitting pretty at Mclaren and as stated previous if Lewis was to leave then the team would struggle to get the results.

"deserves to go to merc and rot.." where has this unhealthy and illogical hatred come from for LH - to be honest you just come across as a Troll as opposed to someone who believes in what they're saying, someone who is open to a good debate, you only ever see your side of the argument. Same old cliche i see too - "petulant" Defintion -

pet·u·lant/ˈpeCHələnt/
Adjective:
(of a person or their manner) Childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
Synonyms:
testy - pettish - peevish - irritable - cantankerous

Its funny as you could describe Alonso, Vettel and others exactly the same. Or other sportsmen for that matter. Selective memory by some people on here.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:04 am

Also Perez reminds me more of Button than Hamilton. He is a hopeless qualifier but very good on his tyres and is able to last them out whilst benefitting from what is a very good race car. Kobayashi on the other hand is more like Hamilton, aggressive, a much better qualifier than his teamate but often because he qualifies in the top 10 he doesn't really start on the optimum strategy for the Sauber which is to run long on the harder tyres.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 18 Sep 2012, 11:31 am

monty junior wrote:

And yet he has lead Hulkenburg in the points all season and outqualified him more than he has been himself. Also him and Sutil were closely matched all last season, he only finished behind him because of a terrible run of luck in the early season whilst Sutil fluked a great result at Monaco for example.

Yeah cos 1 point is such a big lead, Hulkenburg got done by Rubens before he left so it's not exactly saying much considering it's his 1st year at FI as well , I don't think 7th at Monaco is a fluke result, Sutil retired from 3 races over the season to Di Resta's 1. He may be the next British hope but his distinctly average

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

Well it hardly points to him getting schooled does it? yes in his rookie year, Rubens was still a good driver just as Sutil was also a good driver, both had a considerable amount of experience. Raikkonen was beaten by Heidfeld in his rookie year, so was Massa. Button by Ralf Schumacher, Rosberg by Webber (now that was a pasting). Has it stopped these guys from leading highly successful careers? they can't all start off like Hamilton did, the likes of Alonso took on absolute dross in Marques and Yoong before being given a tough time by Trulli when he stepped up. These guys have to learn, last weekend Di Resta was only a tenth from the front row, hardly the mark of being average.

As for Sutil having more retirements, yea that's true, but the problems Di Resta had were considerably more damaging. Pitcrew blew his pitstop when he was running 7th in the British GP, run in with Heidfeld when running 4th at Canadian GP, clouted from the back in the Belgian Grand Prix which cost him a top 8 at least, was running ahead of Kobayashi and well ahead of Sutil before the team brought him in before the safety car for some reason in Monaco. Kobayashi, went on to finish 5th. Some times you have to look closer than just plain results, especially when your car is barely capable of points in the first place.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 12:11 pm

I think we should just wait and see what happens over the next few days regarding the title of this topic. No point debating in this depth about drivers potentially going to McLaren, when as of yet, there is no seat available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue 18 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

To be honest, its growing boring this whole story. People will deny and refute claims and others will say things to suggest otherwise.

We wont know until something happens.

IMO there are pros and cons for Lewis leaving and staying at Mclaren.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 18 Sep 2012, 2:41 pm

I endorse this post. Most people just hype him up because he's british.

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 18 Sep 2012, 5:42 pm

Maybe, but you never know how good someone really is until they get a chance in a good car. I just hope he gets the chance next year.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 19 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

Di Resta is more exciting than Sutil will ever be, not quite as talented as Hulkenberg in the race but is quicker than him in qualies. A very poor post from you Fernando Sorry
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 19 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Come now AC...

Without a doubt Alonso is worth money he's given he's a top class driver, even if he does have assistance from his team mate. But to say Lewis wouldnt even make the top ten.. come on, keep taking those pills. You say Lewis isnt worth the money, yet its Lewis who's had the string of wins recently and has put himself back in the fight and if im honest id say it'll be a duel between LH and FA and for me it's looking like LH would take it.

Why shouldnt a driver demand the best from his team, they should be providing the best car given the money and experience Mclaren have. id question any driver that is happy with a mediocre car and wasnt spurring on the team to make the best car they can. Speculation as to weather FA would have won multiple WDC at Mclaren... you seem to be forgetting he got matched if not beaten by Lewis in 2007.. so to say he would have won multiple wdc had he stay, consider Lewis would have still been there, is quite frankly hilarious.

Button is happy at Mclaren because he know no other team would really want him, he's sitting pretty at Mclaren and as stated previous if Lewis was to leave then the team would struggle to get the results.

"deserves to go to merc and rot.." where has this unhealthy and illogical hatred come from for LH - to be honest you just come across as a Troll as opposed to someone who believes in what they're saying, someone who is open to a good debate, you only ever see your side of the argument. Same old cliche i see too - "petulant" Defintion -

pet·u·lant/ˈpeCHələnt/
Adjective:
(of a person or their manner) Childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
Synonyms:
testy - pettish - peevish - irritable - cantankerous

Its funny as you could describe Alonso, Vettel and others exactly the same. Or other sportsmen for that matter. Selective memory by some people on here.

Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton got the same points total, so neither beat the other. However, the McLaren team favoured Hamilton big time throughout because of him being the young English driver. Alonso would have won the WDC had they treated drivers equally.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 19 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Di Resta is more exciting than Sutil will ever be, not quite as talented as Hulkenberg in the race but is quicker than him in qualies. A very poor post from you Fernando Sorry

Exciting doesn't make a great racing driver, Juan Pablo Montoya/Takuma Sato was exciting, Kamui Kobayashi is exciting, Also remind me in which session the points are given out Qualifying or Races Josiah?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Wed 19 Sep 2012, 4:16 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:
Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton got the same points total, so neither beat the other. However, the McLaren team favoured Hamilton big time throughout because of him being the young English driver. Alonso would have won the WDC had they treated drivers equally.
Rubbish.
They did get equal treatment - that was the whole problem as far as Alonso was concerned. Hamilton was only favoured once Alonso turned whistle blower. And 'the rookie' won fair and square on race countback - no different to 'goals scored' when on equal points in football.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 19 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote: Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton got the same points total, so neither beat the other. However, the McLaren team favoured Hamilton big time throughout because of him being the young English driver. Alonso would have won the WDC had they treated drivers equally.

I did say matched, but IF i had to chose one of them Lewis beat Alonso - besides if i recall correctly. Lewis was put on the table in 2nd due to having more second places.

As SteveG said, the problem was they were treated fairly. Alonso didnt like this being the reigning world champion and blackmailed the team.. the rest is history.

Lewis beat Alonso fairly on the track. If i recall it all kicked off because Lewis wouldnt let Alonso passed during the Hungary qualifying, so Alonso held Lewis up during the last pit stop towards the end of Quali.

Even then Alonso needed help to succeed, just like he did in Monza with getting the tow from Massa - albeit failed. Alonso is a good driver, but i lose respect for him when he constantly needs help from his team mate. I respect Lewis even more for saying he wants to do it for himself.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Can't believe your re-debating the Alonso/Hamilton McLaren days.

FP1 can't come soon enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

lol it was natural progression of the conversation. I'll note that for when you bring up something in the past Rolling Eyes You really have double standards at times John.

Indeed roll on FP1 - Excited! Very Happy

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Fri 21 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

Double standards? You moan about Fernando Alonso having a team mate that is acting as a rear gunner when not in any real race contention BUT at the same time the Hamilton fans here are calling for Jenson Button MBE to become Hamiltons rear gunner even though it's still conceivable that Button can still beat Hamilton in the WDC.

Fernando has got stunning results in this years Ferrari. Massa has come nowhere near that standard. Hamilton in this years Ferrari would of tried to hard by now and had a lot of DNFs. Hamilton always needs a perfect car to win a race. Not worth the paper his contract is printed on. Move him out and get Perez. Then Ferrari will stand a chance of WCC and WDC in the same year.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 21 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

Allesandro, With the greatest respect, you sometimes come across as a WUM. You obviously have a lot of knowledge on the sport, but you are so blinkered its unreal. I

s your hatred for Hamilton that great really? Is it worry that he stands a good chance of surpassing your beautiful Fernando? and what is with the blind love for Jenson, who is clearly inferior to many drivers?

I dont mean to come on here calling names, i have read this part of the board for many months now, and dont wish to make enemies, i just wonder if your love for these people is that great, or if your just trying to get a rise out of people?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Double standards? You moan about Fernando Alonso having a team mate that is acting as a rear gunner when not in any real race contention BUT at the same time the Hamilton fans here are calling for Jenson Button MBE to become Hamiltons rear gunner even though it's still conceivable that Button can still beat Hamilton in the WDC.

Out of the woodwork AC comes.

Who was moaning, i was stating fact that Alonso has Massa to play rear gunner to help him win the WDC. You said "Hamilton fans are moaning for BUtton to be Hamiltons rear gunner", note you said hamilton fans, not me. You changed it from it being me moaning to hamilton fans in general.
If you bothered to read other posts you'll find me saying Ferrari have got it right and at some point Mclaren should do the same - cos it works. So yes button should do the same for Lewis

Last edited by Critical_mass on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

Scott is Back wrote:Allesandro, With the greatest respect, you sometimes come across as a WUM. You obviously have a lot of knowledge on the sport, but you are so blinkered its unreal. I

s your hatred for Hamilton that great really? Is it worry that he stands a good chance of surpassing your beautiful Fernando? and what is with the blind love for Jenson, who is clearly inferior to many drivers?

I dont mean to come on here calling names, i have read this part of the board for many months now, and dont wish to make enemies, i just wonder if your love for these people is that great, or if your just trying to get a rise out of people?

My thoughts exactly. He'd argue black is white if it meant showing his hatred towards Lewis. He's a Ferrari supports - fair enough, but this "backing" of Button comes across as fake. If Lewis was at a different team, you'd support who ever Lewis' team mate is, just to go against LH.

Only ever one side to the story for you and thats your side. At least i try to stay balanced, i can knock Lewis when he's wrong. You dont do that with Alonso or Button.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

Alessandro Ciambella wrote:Hamilton always needs a perfect car to win a race. Not worth the paper his contract is printed on. Move him out and get Perez.

You could replace "Hamilton" with "Button" in that sentence and be non the wiser.

We know button needs a perfect car to win, so all you're saying is Button's contract also isn't worth the paper its written on.

Isnt that double standards on your behalf AC? oh the irony... Laugh

Last edited by Critical_mass on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:34 pm

AC - Just out of interest, why do you think Button is so far down the rankings at the moment? Do you admit its his own fault, or someone elses?

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 21 Sep 2012, 2:39 pm

It'll be Lewis Hamiltons fault

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

Why is Jenson Button MBE so far down? That's an easy question to answer. 2 words... Ron Dennis.

In order to help Hamilton decide to stay at Mclaren, Dennis has insisted that all updates go into Hamiltons car first. This is the preferential treatment he demands. So Ron is making sure that his favourite son is getting every single advantage possible.

Lewis has still not signed a contract though and you wonder what else Ron will have to do to ensure he stays. It's only a matter of time before he forces Jenson Button MBE to become a rear gunner for him, despite reeling him in the WDC standings and not being out of the hunt yet.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next