The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ????

+7
88Chris05
bhb001
Lance
OasisBFC
ShahenshahG
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ???? Empty What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:33 pm

I have this feeling Haye wants to leave on a big high!!! I think he feels he needs something to make him marketable for his next career...

There is a very good line in Boxing..."You are only as good as your last fight"....

I imagine the way he collapsed against Wlad didn't make him the wanted thespian he hoped it would ...especially the classless way he accepted defeat!!

Chisora didn't mean anything as he's garbage!!!!

My guess Is Haye feels beating the old.. beatable Klit.. (who in fairness is a great modern heavy) is his key to the bigtime and X-factor appeal to would-be directors!!!!!

Would vitali be enough for redemption?????? Would a win (and I believe he wins) restore his legacy?????...

My guess is yes and no...It would in the sycophantic media but not on here!!!

would it be enough for Haye - Yes for sure!!!......I'd bet bigtime against a Wlad fight !!

My guess is Haye beats Vitali and retires on a high!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ???? Empty Re: What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

Sorry fellas I've posted in the wrong sport... nope

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ???? Empty Re: What If Haye beats Vitali and retires ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:45 pm

That's better.....

Not sure they know much about Haye in the synchronised swimming section!!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:54 pm

To be honest think if he beats Vitali and is aggressive and entertaining in doing so it would go a decent way to redeeming himself in a lot of peoples eyes, probably myself included. Don't particularly rate Chisora and so am not going to proclaim Haye the second coming on the back of that but was pleased to see him stand and trade and finally deliver some of the excitement he frequently promises but rarely actually delivers.

For many am not sure it was the loss to Wlad that really hurt him, because Wlad is half decent it was the completely passive nature of the defeat which when coupled with the shameful excuse making after stuck in the craw a bit, think if he is delivers some exicitement in beating Vitali or even loses by going out on his shield he'll find folk can be fairly forgiving I would guess.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

You obviously don't think picking on an old Vitali and avoiding the guy who humiliated him is a problem??

Like I said the press will be more forgiving I believe than the real Boxing fan..If he retires before Wlad.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:06 pm

Was not speaking for myself Truss, personally am not that bothered about a Vitali fight because my own take is Haye wanted no part whatsoever of Vitali for the last few years until he started showing signs of decline and a waning interest in the sport and Haye had had his arse handed to him by Wlad, but that is not a view held by many, spend enough time on here and you'll see plenty telling you Vitali has been ducking Haye for years. Hell, hang around long enough and you'll find someone telling you Wlad is still avoiding Haye.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

I think you are spot on there - that performance vs Wlad was horrific and whilst he did a handy job on Chisora he wont ever be held in high esteem amongst boxing fans even if he beats Vitali. Even now - the only reason why anyone is giving him a chance is because Vit is old. That said if he wins in style he will have gone SOME way towards redemption.

I think though what will hurt Haye amongst the boxing fans is how few of the past greats he would start as favourite against, even some of the smaller ones. So nothing in the way of legacy but maybe a little more respect his way.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

rowley wrote:Was not speaking for myself Truss, personally am not that bothered about a Vitali fight because my own take is Haye wanted no part whatsoever of Vitali for the last few years until he started showing signs of decline and a waning interest in the sport and Haye had had his arse handed to him by Wlad, but that is not a view held by many, spend enough time on here and you'll see plenty telling you Vitali has been ducking Haye for years. Hell, hang around long enough and you'll find someone telling you Wlad is still avoiding Haye.

You really miss Waingro eh?

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:11 pm

Only wally-types think that Vitali has avoided Haye!!

But as you know there are plenty about......especially on here!!!

Agree with your post........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:17 pm

Think Vitali will do wonders for his "British" legacy...

But nothing for his overall one.....

Surely historians will "Note" Vitali's age!!!!! For future generations to digest...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

You really miss Waingro eh?

Am still not sure I'm ready to talk about it yet Shah

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:20 pm

Hopefully, but I remember some arsewipe claiming Danny Williams beating Tyson as the greatest win in british boxing history Laugh Same with Lewis Tyson - I'd probably bet on Lewis to win a prime for prime but that version of tyson was arthritic and painfully slow.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:25 pm

the question was what if he beats vit and retires - then he's one of britain's best world champions in years.

as old as vit is, no one is beating him. haye has a the biggest name on his cv and retires with a shiny belt. 2 time heavyweight champ and linear cruiser champ with just 2 losses and a huge KO ratio. not bad at all.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:30 pm

So avoiding Wlad won't leave a stain....

You're probably right.......

Time washes away memories and we are left with statistics!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Time washes away memories and we are left with statistics!!

The statistics will tell you he is a two time heavyweight champion who had acheived this whilst moving up from crusier. History is always a little kinder to guys who have moved up I think

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

i dont think haye beats vitali, and i dont think he believes he can. hes willing to fight him if the price is right. this isnt about glory otherwise the fight would be on already. hayes lack of career prospects post wlad fight have probably made him change his mind about boxing. he fought chisora because there was enough interest in it to make it sellable. if he can get one last big payday from vitali he will. haye is a good boxer but he is well short of the klits and i find it amusing that people can still fall for his bravado

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:05 am

Haye does not beat Vitali ... ever. Having said that, and just for debate sakes, should Haye win, he will retire as he won't believe his luck. He could dine out on this for years!! He will not risk getting another one sided beating from the younger brother.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:21 am

I'm not a particularly big fan of Haye, but if he were to beat Vitali he'd deserve serious credit, and of course it would be a fine win for his legacy.

Vitali's knocking on in years, but the simple fact is that he's still, beyond a shadow of a doubt, one of the top two Heavyweights in the world. Up until a year or so ago, many would have even placed him at number one.

Any potential win for Haye (and for what t's worth, I still don't believe he can beat Vitali, even if it is a slower version) could, perhaps, be downplayed a little due to Vitali's age, but I think a more important factor to consider is a fighter's form going in to a fight, rather than how many birthdays they've had. He handed Adamek (a fighter not a million miles away from Haye in terms of size and / or career achievements) and also won just about every round against Chisora, despite his shoulder injury. Absolutely nothing at all to suggest that Vitali is "there for the taking" as some have suggested.

Haye's done little to help his own cause in the past couple of years, but his claims of being a "great fighter" and of injecting some much-needed life in to the Heavyweight division will at least start to look a lot stronger if he beats Vitali.

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:49 am

I believe that if Haye does beat Vitali, Wlad will want to avenge his brother's defeat. And Haye won't be able to turn down the mutli-million pound package on offer.

If Wlad goes on to beat Haye emphatically (which in all likelihood he will), will Haye finally give him the credit he deserves?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:34 pm

Even if Haye loses to Vitali (which I think is likely) as long as he puts on the show he should have done against Wlad then I think he will at least redeem some of the negative views we have of him. Also being magnanimous in defeat will this time round wouldnt go a miss.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 08 Aug 2012, 6:49 pm

i think if anyone beats vitali, especially by KO even at this stage in his career it would be significant, not as much as it would be a few years ago but id certainly put vitali as a huge favourite against anyone but haye.

i also think haye deserves a huge amount of credit for his cruiser weight acheivements, and will be remembered as a great fighter purely on that alone.

lets not forget that the jump from other weights is small compared to the step to heavyweight. and wlad and vitali have been the most dominat force for abouta decade. a 1-1 record for a ex cruiser would be a phenominal acehivement.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

Haye won't get that much credit for his cruiser weight record. It is a bit like Spinks. Superb light heavy, beat Holmes to get the heavy weight title, remembered for being a scarred rabbit in front of a truly frightening Tyson!! Undeserved, but unfortunately true.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 8:08 pm

It isn't anything like Spinks....

Spinks dominated a quality lightheavy division for six years and Is one of the top 5 175ers of alltime...

Haye dominated for a short time the worst division in boxing's history against no-marks!!!

Cruiserweight champions will never be held in the same esteem as 175ers...

Time will treasure Spinks the light-heavy..but it will forget Haye at cruiser..

So you're half right!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:41 pm

I agree that Spinks was superb, but the lasting memory of him is of his loss to Tyson. He finished fighting over 20 years ago and that memory hasn't faded and I doubt it will. Unfair in the extreme.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

Haye will knock out Vitali....Im sure that their will be rematch clause in the contract where he will have to fight Wladimir.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down