The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Vitali retires

+5
Il Gialloblu
BallchinianMuffwig
JabMachineMK2
bellchees
andrewmarkhall
9 posters

Go down

When Vitali retires Empty When Vitali retires

Post by andrewmarkhall Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:13 am

I was looking at a thread regarding Fury and Cunningham, when I read a post from ShahenshahG, which read: 'Everyones looking for the easy wins until Vitali retires. Then theres going to be a ton of matches'.

I agree with ShahenshahG and I'm really looking fwd to hopefully a reignition of the HW scene, I think it will take a couple of years for the weight divison to change, what are your thoughts?

andrewmarkhall

Back to top Go down

When Vitali retires Empty Re: When Vitali retires

Post by bellchees Wed 30 Jan 2013, 12:59 am

It would be nice just to get more competitive matches, here's the top 25 from boxrec. It really is staggering how few match ups have been made between this lot. There's a lot of solid but not spectacular guys there who if matched against each other would produce some good fights and bring some life back to the division. As it is at the moment guys seem content to beat journeyman to get a nice looking record fight one guy who's been doing the same then wait for Wlad or Vitali to call so you can pick up a paycheck and a beatdown. I don't see how guys can expect to beat either brother without at least attempting to have a decent amount of learning fights against the better guys in the division.

1 Vitali Klitschko
2 Wladimir Klitschko
3 Kubrat Pulev
4 Tomasz Adamek
5 David Haye
6 Alexander Povetkin
7 Tyson Fury
8 Odlanier Solis
9 Robert Helenius
10 Johnathon Banks
11 Tony Thompson
12 Vyacheslav Glazkov
13 David Price
14 Steve Cunningham
15 Chris Arreola
16 Eddie Chambers
17 Ruslan Chagaev
18 Francesco Pianeta
19 Denis Boytsov
20 Mariusz Wach
21 Alexander Dimitrenko
22 Franklin Lawrence
23 Seth Mitchell
24 Dereck Chisora
25 Manuel Charr

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:47 am

Whats amusing here is how Tyson Fury's opponent is ranked 7 beneath him yet David Prices is 2 ahead.

Shows who's testing themselves.

Whatever happened to Tyson Fury fighting the winner of Haye/Chisora? pretty sure that stiff idiot has a big enough mouth to chase that fight down, unless it was utter bullshoot.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 30 Jan 2013, 5:29 am

Was utter bullshoot. I don't listen to any story of Haye fighting until it's signed (or on boxrec Wink )

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 30 Jan 2013, 5:58 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Whats amusing here is how Tyson Fury's opponent is ranked 7 beneath him yet David Prices is 2 ahead.

Shows who's testing themselves.

Whatever happened to Tyson Fury fighting the winner of Haye/Chisora? pretty sure that stiff idiot has a big enough mouth to chase that fight down, unless it was utter bullshoot.

Yeah. Rolling Eyes

Makes you think also, if Fury and Price fought, would only Price be testing himself? I mean, he's six places below Fury so hats off if he takes that on. Looks like a mammoth task for him.

How can that be called a test for Furious T though, fighting someone six places below him? Would be yet another rubbish fight for Tyson!
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 30 Jan 2013, 9:15 am

Cunningham has only entered the heavyweight division recently and lost a close fight with Adamek (ranked 4 for whatever boxrecs rankings are worth). If he had got the nod against Adamek he would be top ten ranked. I cant see how the Price/Fury fans routinely trash each fighters opponents when theres not a great deal in it. I think at this stage I might actually view Cunningham as a more challenging fight than Thompson.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 30 Jan 2013, 9:43 am

Absolutely cannot judge how 'testing' a fight may be using these rankings.

Nobody would complain if Price fought the guy ranked 11 places below him is one obvious example.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by boxing prospect Wed 30 Jan 2013, 4:43 pm

In all honesty we need to applaud Pulev (who has been the stand out guy from the 2008 Olympics). He's faced more tests than most guys put together in recent years. The guy has been single minded in his attempt to get up the ratings swiftly and get himself into contention with out wasting too long.

boxing prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by severe-mma Wed 30 Jan 2013, 7:08 pm

If Vitali Klitschko was any sort of proper champion he would fight Haye. What boxing needs is for Haye to smash Vitali and then have a proper rematch against his brother, in England, for all the titles when both are fully fit.

severe-mma

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:11 pm

Haye will beat Vitali. But he can fight Wlad anywhere on earth and with 3 hands twice on a sunday, the result will be a loss for Haye.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by severe-mma Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:15 pm

azania wrote:Haye will beat Vitali. But he can fight Wlad anywhere on earth and with 3 hands twice on a sunday, the result will be a loss for Haye.

Doesnt need three hands mate, just needs to be fully fit. Toes an all. Lets have a proper fight in England and see what these Klitschkos are really made of. Boxing needs Haye to put it back on the map. He got people in England taking about it again. The Klitschkos didnt. Nobody had heard of them unless they were dedicated fight fans.

severe-mma

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:16 pm

He will lose because to put it simply, Wlad is the better boxer in every facet of the game.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down