The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????

+9
Super D Boon
88Chris05
ShahenshahG
Rowley
bhb001
The Galveston Giant
OasisBFC
azania
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Go down

Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????  Empty Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

Not sure what a vitali win will mean for Haye it's a strange fight!!!! It's obviously a saving face fight he hopes!! But the fact he was humiliatingly thrashed by Wlad I'm at a loss to see how a Vitali win sets the RECORD straight!!!!!!

After all it's his brother that battered him...Vitali is 40.....and the argument will stand that he couldn't beat the younger brother so he took the easier oposition....

After all Vitali is stronger but lacks his brothers skills and jab!!!

Not to say it wouldn't be a good win...but surely Wlad should be the one to go for!! Or is it because after getting beaten by Wlad that fight isn't that profitable anymore?? Is it a money thing ????

Maybe I'm wrong and a Vitali win sets the record straight.....But to me there is a bit of I can't beat the good brother so I'll look for his easier brother about it..

Would a Vitali win make him a top 20/30 guy???

Struggling to see What a vitali win would mean???? As I doubt a rematch will result as Haye wants to become an actor and this fight is to restore his image me thinks!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????  Empty Re: Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

Haye will never be able to beat Wlad unless he lands the christmas punch. If he claims to be a world champon after beating Vit it would be shameful for boxing.

A win against Vit will mean he is the 2nd best HW out there. No more or less.

azania

Back to top Go down

Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????  Empty Re: Haye - What will a Vitali win mean????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:07 am

I don't think Boxing can shame itself anymore.......

He'll probably have the sycophantic Boxing writers pro-claiming his victory against the unbeatable Vitali...and be able to walk off into the sunset absolved....

I think that's what he wants out of this any way..

Biggest thing will be to see how Wlad's whitewash affects him when he sees Vit Klits at the other corner of the ring!!!

Talk is cheap but will the loss have psychologically affected him...Think he might be short of confidence come fight night...especially If Chisora licks canvas early..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:10 am

it'd mean haye would be a 2 time heavyweight champ, and a good one at that.

old or not, vitali walks through everyone in the division apart from lil' bro.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:13 am

Do you rate Morrison's win over Foreman?????

Comes a time when you have to size a guy up and say..he's the wrong side of forty, slow and there for the taking!!

You not think Vitali has been targeted because of his age?? I do....

Still want Haye to win mind..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

Thing it, people seem to ignore Vit's age. Haye detractors will use it as a stick to beat him with, whilst his fan bots will say he beat a monster.

Personally I have Haye winning primarily because of Vit's age and see him being much slower than in years gone by. (been discussed to death here and wont go down that rout).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:22 am

Haye would have to grow a set of balls and engage, not going to happen, would be a carbon copy of the Wlad fight. There would be no knock out from Vitali as Haye would rather run all night.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:32 am

Have I missed something? Has Haye and Vitali signed a contract? Until that happens, I won't believe that a fight will be made. Vitali just won't take it. Not because he is running or anything, but because the fight holds no interest for him. Haye calling him and his brother a few names is realy water off a dicks back for a mature individual

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

It's always a money thing with Haye Truss, look at the comments, look at his comments whenever this fight gets mentioned it is always money, is never about legacy or trying to avoid going out on the back of a humiliation as you would hope would be the case on the back of the Wlad fight.

I genuinely don't believe Haye even thinks he can beat Vitali, before the Wlad fight whenever a fight with one of the brothers was mentioned all Haye spoke of was Wlad, never Vitali, genuinely think Haye is only interested now because even he knows you can't sell a Wlad rematch and this is the only payday out there, if Haye was serious about beating him he would have not retired and would have taken a couple of fights to iron out the pretty glaring flaws in his game.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

bhb001 wrote:Have I missed something? Has Haye and Vitali signed a contract? Until that happens, I won't believe that a fight will be made. Vitali just won't take it. Not because he is running or anything, but because the fight holds no interest for him. Haye calling him and his brother a few names is realy water off a dicks back for a mature individual

Is he a gilf hunter?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Do you rate Morrison's win over Foreman?????

Comes a time when you have to size a guy up and say..he's the wrong side of forty, slow and there for the taking!!

You not think Vitali has been targeted because of his age?? I do....

Still want Haye to win mind..

as i said, he still walks over anyone in the division, old or not, if any other boxer in the world stepped into the ring apart from little brother, they're getting beat. so if haye wins, it'd be a big deal.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Have I missed something? Has Haye and Vitali signed a contract? Until that happens, I won't believe that a fight will be made. Vitali just won't take it. Not because he is running or anything, but because the fight holds no interest for him. Haye calling him and his brother a few names is realy water off a dicks back for a mature individual

Is he a gilf hunter?

Freudian slip. Unintentional, but surprisingly apt!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

Water off a dicks back.............. Cool

Quaint old English expression no doubt!!

Fact is Haye wants the fight and who else is out there!!

Agree to a certain extent Rowley but also believe he wanted to go into films/tv as this great marketable sportsmen......

However the one sided slap and subsequent toe stuff has probably hurt him to an extent!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:22 pm

I think even Haye's biggest critics - and I've certainly been one of them, in light of his behaviour befitting that of a clown over the last eighteen months - would have to give him a pardon of sorts if he were to 'come back' and beat Vitali. Seems a little unfair on Haye to state that beating Vitali would be so derided when, in fact, the bigger brother is often lauded as the tougher proposition, Truss. Beating a man who seldom loses a round, never mind a fight, at world title level is an impressive feat whichever way you look at it, even if the individual in question has seen more birthdays than most.

That said, I don't see the fight happening, and more to the point I don't see a Haye win. Doesn't hit hard enough to deter Vitali, who comes forward and mixes his shots up a lot more than Wladimir, and to be honest I don't think Haye throws enough shots to earn a decision, even with this fabled 'speed' and 'explosiveness' of his that we always hear about but seldom see.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

You think a 40 year old Vitali is harder to beat than Wlad now.... Chris????

I see the fight happening..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:35 pm

For me it would be a very good win as I don't see where VK's deterioration is all that obvious. It will be interesting to see if he struggles with Chisora or if he dishes out his usual brand of one-two punch torture round after round and stops Chisora in the 10th.

I still don't see Haye / VK happening given that there's less and less interest in the fight as each day passes. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You think a 40 year old Vitali is harder to beat than Wlad now.... Chris????

I see the fight happening..

Didn't say that, Truss. But my point is that Vitali is still a very fine Heavyweight and beating him would be an impressive scalp for Haye. Whether or not he's a tougher proposition than Wladimir is neither here nor there in that respect. If Haye were to beat him, he'd deserve respect and recognition for it.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

Don't see how his terrible opposition can expose his deterioration.....

However we can summise that a 40 year old guy can't possibly be in the shape of a 30 year old..and must be in decline...because convention tells us this!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:34 pm

As much as I found Haye's pre- and post-fight behaviour embarrassing to say the least, I for one don't think that Wlad 'humiliatingly thrashed' him. Sure, the nature of Haye's tactics throughout the fight were wrong, and there was of course no doubt who won the fight, but I think the humiliation spanned from Haye's own actions rather than the manner in which Wlad dealt with him.

I still don't think he'd stand a chance of beating Vitali especially following such a long layoff and with no tune up fight, but if he did I think it would go a long way to repairing the public's perception of him. It would also set up a second bout with Wlad which would obviously be massive, but honestly can't see this happening ever...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

You don't think 11-1 or 12-0 is humiliating?????

Disagree that Vitali is now or has ever been a very fine heavyweight....

Love to see him deal with the "quick" heavies of the 80's!!! If a slow..old Lewis at 250 can irritate him with his slow jab..

Pick a fit Tubbs, Page and Douglas to all beat him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

None of the judges scored the bout 12-0...

117 - 109 = 8 pts
118 - 108 = 10 pts
116 - 110 = 6 pts

I also said that it was a humiliating defeat, but I believe that was more to do with Haye's "trash talk" pre-fight without backing it up in the ring and the excuses after, rather than the manner in which Wlad beat him...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

Perhaps but haye ran - evasive in boxing is not the same as running - if he slipped the jab and landed a quick combo then moved out then fair enough - he didn't even appear to try. I appreciate that its not as easy it sounds but thats his job - his evasion technique was legging it from the get go with wlad chasing him down

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

Absolutely true...

Leonard-Hagler 113-115.......116 -112 118-110...

I always go by judges scoring...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

It would just a cement another defence, nothing more and nothing less. I agree with the fellas that Haye doesn't believe himself he can beat Vitali

Vitali faced two cruiserweights that moved up. Both fighters had excellent distinction at cruiserweight. They were Herrbie Hide, and Orlin Norris. They lasted a combined three rounds vs. Vitlai Klitschko.

I would not expect Haye last long, unless he goes gun shy (AGAIN). Vitalii has never come close to being out boxed or down by a punch arguably Lewis uppercut, I do not think Haye has the tools to put together a game plan to win.

For one
He cant slip a jab

Two
He has to plant his feet and showed the inability to parry a shot

and three
He needs to shorten his punches and for him to do that he needs Vitali to stop actually punching.

Haye is what I like to call a popstar boxer, Limelight, Money, thats it.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:59 pm

quentins_monkey wrote:As much as I found Haye's pre- and post-fight behaviour embarrassing to say the least, I for one don't think that Wlad 'humiliatingly thrashed' him. Sure, the nature of Haye's tactics throughout the fight were wrong, and there was of course no doubt who won the fight, but I think the humiliation spanned from Haye's own actions rather than the manner in which Wlad dealt with him.

I still don't think he'd stand a chance of beating Vitali especially following such a long layoff and with no tune up fight, but if he did I think it would go a long way to repairing the public's perception of him. It would also set up a second bout with Wlad which would obviously be massive, but honestly can't see this happening ever...

completley agree , the reaction to hayes lost was a complete over reaction , it was more a reflection on all his talk before the fight and his toe then his actual performence in the ring , he just didnt look like hes usual self that night and the injury was obviously a problem but if haye does really want to right the wrong he will have to accept less money and show desire to make the fight happen , if not then people will just belive he is after another big pay day !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:56 am

Haye refused to engage that night...Hardly an over-reaction for me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:14 am

tcribb wrote:

For one
He cant slip a jab

Two
He has to plant his feet and showed the inability to parry a shot

and three
He needs to shorten his punches and for him to do that he needs Vitali to stop actually punching.

Bingo.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:18 am

Maybe Jab machine can give him some advice.....After he's spoken to Freddie Roach and beaten up Khan.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down