The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze?

+5
JuliusHMarx
Josiah Maiestas
bogbrush
socal1976
invisiblecoolers
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Del Potro vs. Djoko

Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Vote_lcap25%Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Vote_lcap75%Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Empty Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze?

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 8:46 pm

According to Socal Fed had a cupcake draw to silver and didn't even consider Del boy a threat.

Now comes the bronze match, will Djoko win it for 100% sure?

Djoko will start a strong favourite 75-25% and might win it, but it certainly won't be a cup cake match for him towards medal, DP will fight and will unleash some ferocious groundies, can't wait for the match really.

Fed-Murray the two best grass court players currently are contesting the finals,Murray's game has improved massively, and its a tribute to his hard work that he is contesting in another final.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Empty Re: Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze?

Post by socal1976 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:00 pm

I love it finals of the olympics all you guys have to talk about it is me, in the immortal words of Reggie Jackson, I am the straw that stirs the drink. Like I said I think Del Po will be very dangerous for Djoko and could win although I favor Novak in the matchup.

1. Novak is not as good on grass as roger
2. He is not in his best form
3. Del Po has grown as an allcourt player faster than I was aware of that is for sure

However despite all of these obstacles I believe that Novak will win this match. The big problem for him has been that grass courts seem to be playing even faster than at wimbeldon and it seems to have thrown him off a little bit in his return game. I take Novak in 3 tough sets.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze? Empty Re: Del Potro - Djoko, is it a cupcake match for Djoko for Bronze?

Post by bogbrush Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:01 pm

This won't even go two sets; JMDP is an exhausted cupcake.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

socal1976 wrote:I love it finals of the olympics all you guys have to talk about it is me, in the immortal words of Reggie Jackson, I am the straw that stirs the drink. Like I said I think Del Po will be very dangerous for Djoko and could win although I favor Novak in the matchup.

2. He is not in his best form
3. Del Po has grown as an allcourt player faster than I was aware of that is for sure

However despite all of these obstacles I believe that Novak will win this match. The big problem for him has been that grass courts seem to be playing even faster than at wimbeldon and it seems to have thrown him off a little bit in his return game. I take Novak in 3 tough sets.

Now don't say Del Potro became dangerous player coz he is on Djoko's match , that would be ridiculous picard .

Plus we were all taking of you coz you are one of our fav poster here but very reluctant to understand your mistake on draw and need these matches to prove your cup cake theorem wrong. Anyway I appreciate your courage on other thread to understand the mistake, every one makes mistakes but not everybody have the courage to accept it. thumbsup

So lets have chilled beer and enjoy the remaining matches guinness

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

is that why he lost then to avoid a further humiliation? Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

is that why he lost then to avoid a further humiliation? Wink

Thats a good possible angle JM, may be Djoko is getting clever and smart. Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:19 pm

He realised the draw committee had once again shafted him by putting him in the same draw as Federer!

steam
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:21 pm

Invisiblecoolers you don't get it do you, tennis is about surfaces and matchups and for Roger I thought Del Po on this surface was a favorable matchup judging by how many times he has beaten him on surfaces other than grass and how good Roger is on grass. Novak is not as good on grass and obviously I underestimated a bit his growth on the surface. So if you guys think you are finding some contradiction you are wrong. I really feel like I need to do a tutorial for some of you on fundamental logci. Saying Del Po is an easy match for fed on grass does not mean that he will be a cupcake match for Djoko on grass. Logically there is no fallacy, fed and Djoko are not equivalents. Just very funamentally flawed and weak logic Invisible, but don't worry there is a lot of people on this site who use the same sort of warped logical error you make in order to create contradictions in my arguments where none exist. Hell I think the time and energy BB and Julius dedicate to creating nonexistant hypocrisies and contradictions in my arguments that it must be one of their top 3 or 4 favorite past times.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:28 pm

socal1976 wrote:Invisiblecoolers you don't get it do you, tennis is about surfaces and matchups and for Roger I thought Del Po on this surface was a favorable matchup judging by how many times he has beaten him on surfaces other than grass and how good Roger is on grass.

Here is your logical flaw again, so how come Murray would have been a danger either for Fed? in anycase once Nadal has withdrew it has become a cupcake draw, coz no other player proven capable of beating an inspired Roger on grass, Murray might beat Roger but he like Del Potro haven't proven it so far, but that doesn't mean they can do it any time in the future. thumbsup This is your logical error we were trying to prove. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:35 pm

socal1976 wrote:Hell I think the time and energy BB and Julius dedicate to creating nonexistant hypocrisies and contradictions in my arguments that it must be one of their top 3 or 4 favorite past times.

What'd I say? Very Happy

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Hell I think the time and energy BB and Julius dedicate to creating nonexistant hypocrisies and contradictions in my arguments that it must be one of their top 3 or 4 favorite past times.

What'd I say? Very Happy
Did you just invent another hypocrisy and contradiction?!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

What'd I say? Very Happy

Oh poor JHM what did you all last month when Socal wasn't here? Sad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:39 pm

bogbrush wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

What'd I say? Very Happy

It wasn't me, it was the brits!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:39 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

What'd I say? Very Happy

Oh poor JHM what did you all last month when Socal wasn't here? Sad

I had to hang out in the Quiz & Games section

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:40 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

What'd I say? Very Happy

It wasn't me, it was the brits!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Tats a good one JHM thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:44 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

What'd I say? Very Happy
you probably said the truth. Stop doing that man!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:03 pm

chin Murray will beat Federer in straight sets.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm

PJHolybloke wrote: chin Murray will beat Federer in straight sets.
he should do. Couldnt stand watching him sobbing his eyes out yet again for not losing with dignity!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:40 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
he should do. Couldnt stand watching him sobbing his eyes out yet again for not losing with dignity!!

Well, you could always try not watching him at all.

Maybe failure feels more comfortable with some than others...? I wouldn't know to be fair.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:44 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

Maybe failure feels more comfortable with some than others...? I wouldn't know to be fair.
He's done it twice now. Reeks of attention seeking.

I still don't see him taking 3 sets off Federer unless he's playing on 1 leg.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:55 pm

Murray certainly start as favourite but wont be a cupcake final Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:57 pm

Murray starts as favourite?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:00 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Murray starts as favourite?

Like How DP started as favourite Very Happy , if you notice my predictions and results there is a correlation Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:42 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:

He's done it twice now. Reeks of attention seeking.

I still don't see him taking 3 sets off Federer unless he's playing on 1 leg.

"Reeks" of attention seeking. Laugh Are you absolutely certain that's not just your metaphorically flaring nostrils doing overtime?

Federer has had a bit of a grueling day today, he's not getting any younger and I doubt more than 10 people on Centre Court this Sunday will want him to win.

Why would Murray stand a better chance of taking three sets on one leg? Bad semantics perhaps? thumbsup

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 04 Aug 2012, 12:36 am

Murray is playing the best tennis of the tournament and DP was borught down by inspired tenns by Fed in the end.

Murray starts as the favourite
and Djoko starts favourite in Bronze match.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 04 Aug 2012, 2:12 am

Del Potro had a good practice session with Bryan/Raymond partnering Dulko. He has a rest day. I wish the Bronze medal match was also a 5-set match, even though it may diminish Del Potro's chances for the Bronze.

If the two matches today are any indication, then Sunday promises to be wonderful tennis.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 04 Aug 2012, 3:32 am

invisiblecoolers wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Invisiblecoolers you don't get it do you, tennis is about surfaces and matchups and for Roger I thought Del Po on this surface was a favorable matchup judging by how many times he has beaten him on surfaces other than grass and how good Roger is on grass.

Here is your logical flaw again, so how come Murray would have been a danger either for Fed? in anycase once Nadal has withdrew it has become a cupcake draw, coz no other player proven capable of beating an inspired Roger on grass, Murray might beat Roger but he like Del Potro haven't proven it so far, but that doesn't mean they can do it any time in the future. thumbsup This is your logical error we were trying to prove. thumbsup

Actually, there is no logical error in making a wrong prediction I don't have a crystal ball. First of all this entire thread is an error. I did not claim del potro was cupcake, I said Roger's draw was cupcake. I thought this would be a blowout, I was wrong on the score right on the result. What I did say and I stand by and it is even more obvious today than it was earlier in the week is that roger was gifted this cupcake draw which taken as a whole is a gift of a draw. Funny last time Rafa didn't show up in Dubai they gave Novak Andy then as well. Like I said a cupcake draw taken as a whole, they might as well have mailed Roger's medal to him and saved him the bother of showing up. The rest of your post makes no sense. When have i ever claimed Del Po can't beat or never would beat Roger or that Murray can or can not beat Roger, you are just pulling that right out of thin air.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 04 Aug 2012, 3:41 am

There are worse places that people pull stuff out of.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 04 Aug 2012, 3:11 pm

Oh poor Socal, how many contradictions you gonna have?

You first said Fed had a cupcake draw to silver and now asking us when did u say DP is an easy encounter picard , really this is getting ridiculous.

But I understand your logic come Sunday DP won't be cup cake coz he is facing Djoko, and If Djoko wins he actually deserve a Gold and not Bronze. notworthy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 05 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

Del Potro may sneak the Bronze. Up a set and break 4-3. deuce.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 05 Aug 2012, 3:33 pm

Del Potro wins the bronze. Cool

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Del Boy rocks, and Djoko failed to win a Bronze inspite of having a cup cake match to Bronze. Sorry Socal not my mistake, hope you learn from this tournament and never underestimate any draw. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 5:44 pm

How come nobody expected DP to win today Headscratch

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:02 pm

I didn't not expect him to win, I just thought with his fitness it would be too much for him. Well done Del Potro, just like swatting an irritating fly?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:03 pm

TSJ Wink

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:06 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote: Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Del Boy rocks, and Djoko failed to win a Bronze inspite of having a cup cake match to Bronze. Sorry Socal not my mistake, hope you learn from this tournament and never underestimate any draw. thumbsup

I hope you learn to read english and understand for the one hundredth time that I called fed's draw cupcake as whole.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:09 pm

And he needed every bit of his cupcake draw to get his silver on his favorite surface. See how much harder it is to play murray in the semi on his homecourt. By the way nobody saying it is easy to win tournaments on the ATP but I have serious questions about the favoritism fedal is receiving over djokovic and of course that makes it easier for them to win tournaments by havin easier semis all the time.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

Socal poor effort once again, try something better, come back when Djoko wins something notable from here on.

May be Toronto may be Djoko's next big thing with all major players pulled out and the rest tired after Olympic effort.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:14 pm

Yes and try to stop building ridiculous strawmen and being a silly wum, I liked the old IC better. I never called del po a cupcake, god forbid federer faces a challenge in the semi. I said fed's draw take as a whole was cupcake. So this whole thread is either a lie or an incompetent mischaracterization.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

Sure Socal,

You tried your best to discredit DP as an opponent. You said he had no chance of beating Fed.

Really? No chance?

Anyway, looks like he is another one who has now added screech to his back pocket, to be taken out and whipped whenever the situation requires.

Poor little screech, he's now dropped to five in the real rankings.

May be Ferrer will start beating him up too.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:32 pm

Emancipator Ill bookmark your statements this week and I will beat you over the head with them as usual the next time screech gets on hot run, you know its coming. But I frankly enjoy people like you and IC taking your shots now. It ill be all the more savory to expose you when screech as you call him clicks again.

The real #5 that is funny. I can't wait to revist your miserable, antagonistic, garbage posts in a few months. I think at that point your failed attempt at comedy will become funny after the test of time. But maybe not in the way you think.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:33 pm

Yes i was crazy for calling Del Po an easier semi than Murray you two self proclaimed geniuses really showed me.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

Jeez Socal, stop being so miserable.

You know I'm only joking.

I actually agree with you that Novak has the most upside of all the players. I still think on top form he is the man to beat across the surfaces as a whole.

I've been busy defending him and Rafa against a Murray fan who thinks that Murray has been a better player than both of them all along.

But beware, Oh Socal, the Ferru has a large back pocket.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

The only part where Novak's draw was significantly harder was the semi. Now that Del Potro proved to be a handful, it's the draw as a whole you're looking at?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:39 pm

You have to admit, he does look like Screech.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:43 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:The only part where Novak's draw was significantly harder was the semi. Now that Del Potro proved to be a handful, it's the draw as a whole you're looking at?

Wrong Tsonga much tougher than Isner, Roddick world's tougher than Bennettau on grass and higher ranked as well. Round by round in most rounds Novak's opponent was a little better.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:45 pm

emancipator wrote:Jeez Socal, stop being so miserable.

You know I'm only joking.

I actually agree with you that Novak has the most upside of all the players. I still think on top form he is the man to beat across the surfaces as a whole.

I've been busy defending him and Rafa against a Murray fan who thinks that Murray has been a better player than both of them all along.

But beware, Oh Socal, the Ferru has a large back pocket.

ghost

emancipator

OK emancipator, peace. I would love to see a picture of you and see if you are more handsome than screech, i think screech does a little better with the ladies my friend unless I am tragically underestimating your studliness.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:47 pm

emancipator is a non-corporeal being. Human standards of beauty don't apply.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:49 pm

Here's the Rogers Cup draw.

http://www.rogerscup.com/men/english/singlesDraw.php

A certain player with the initials JMDP is in Djokovic's half.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:52 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:emancipator is a non-corporeal being. Human standards of beauty don't apply.

That is true Oh Julius.

Socal, if I were to reveal myself you would be reduced a smouldering pile of ash in a nanosecond Cool

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next