The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here  - Page 3 Empty Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here

Post by Fernando Mon 30 Jul - 18:39

First topic message reminder :

Imagine that FIFA decided that we had to compete as Team GB in the World Cup. I want you to select a Team GB squad, which is a hybrid of World Cup and Olympic requirements.

You will select a 23 man squad to compete for Team GB at Brazil 2014. That team must be made up of U23s at the time of the tournament (U23 = born on or after 1st June 1991), with 3 over-age players allowed.

Your squad must contain a minimum of 3 players from each of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

You will then select a starting XI from that squad, which in turn must include 1 player from each national association.

I want you to report to me your squad, your starting XI and a set of tactics to suit that team. I would also like you to select a manager and assistant.

You should provide details on why you chose those particular overage players, and also why you chose your manager and assistant. Please submit on this page by 3pm on Friday 3rd August

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fernando on Wed 1 Aug - 21:42; edited 4 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here  - Page 3 Empty Re: Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here

Post by Fernando Wed 1 Aug - 21:51

i agree with that OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here  - Page 3 Empty Re: Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 1 Aug - 21:53

Yep I do too. Do we need to name a subs bench as well?

If not we need to write why we selected the players we did, the manager and assistant, and also write up the tactics. I think
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 1 Aug - 22:00

I want you to report to me your squad, your starting XI and a set of tactics to suit that team. I would also like you to select a manager and assistant.

we don't need subs then but would be good to put them in anyway thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 1 Aug - 22:00

You should provide details on why you chose those particular overage players, and also why you chose your manager and assistant.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 1 Aug - 22:01

Ok who wants to do what then. We have the squad and starting XI sorted, just need to write up some tactics and why we chose our manager and assistant
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 1 Aug - 22:05

i am away tomorrow for the day thumbsup i could explain why the manager tbh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 1 Aug - 22:07

You might as well do assistant then nando Whistle

If you're not around guys I can do most of it like tactics and reasons?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 1 Aug - 22:08

If you don't mind Olly. I will be around on Friday to add the finishing sparkle OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 1 Aug - 22:09

I will tactics for our team and reasons for our overage players tomorrow then. Nando you happy to do manager and assistant.

Is there anything else we need to do?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 1 Aug - 22:12

yeah ill do both when i get back thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 13:20

I'm gonna send you both a PM, with the reasons for our squad etc.

But on the formation, with our squad I don't know if 4-3-3 is the way to go. I think with O'Neill as manager maybe a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 is the best way to go.

A starting XI of this maybe?

Butland
Matthews - Evans - Jones - Baines
Wilshere - Fyvie
Redmond - Rooney/Barkley - The Ox
Wickham/Rooney

Just wanted to throw it out there, because O'Neill isn't a 4-3-3 guy, and our squad suits this formation more IMO
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 13:22

PM's for Nando and Trebs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 14:42

More PM's for you two. I dunno when you are back lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 16:02

i am back now and will start writing reasoning after tea cos im hungry Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 16:12

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 18:19

Alright guys. I have time tonight and in the morning, what do you want me to do? And who is our actual project manager?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 18:33

1 we don't have a project manager but if you wouldn't mind could you write why we chosen Gary Neville as Assistant Manager thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 18:35

I will do that OK

And we have to have someone in charge, surely? I assumed one of you were in charge until now.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 18:37

Well Olly seems the most organized out of us tbh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 18:38

Okay, I'll write up on Gary Neville OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 19:11

Fernando wrote:Well Olly seems the most organized out of us tbh

Shifting the blame if we lose I see Nando Whistle

Spoiler:
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 20:42

Gary Neville would be our assistant manager. After retiring he gained widespread praise for his work with Sky Sports. He can analyse the games, looking at potential ways we can set up the team. He currently has a four year contract with the FA, and this would run until the World Cup in any case. We feel that from the fans perspective, his work with Sky proves to them that he understands football and we feel that this would be a popular move there.

Roy Hodgson showed faith in his abilities, having involved him in his team for Euro 2012. He knows some of the squad from there, dealing with them first hand; Butland, Jones, Baines, Oxlade, Rooney were all in the squad. In addition to this, he has more players who he has worked with from his Man United days in Evans, Fryers and Norwood. Fryers and Norwood were in the youth squad while Neville was there, and Evans was in the first team squad.

He has a wealth of international experience, having played 85 games for the England side. He played in all of the major tournaments between 1996 and 2006, with the exception of the world cup 2002 which he was injured for. He also has fantastic experience of playing in FA Cup and Champions League finals, as well as 400 league appearances.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 20:43

Quality Trebs, will add it in when I do the final piece.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 20:44

Our final squad

GK -Jack Butland (ENG) - We chose Jack because it is clear he has the potential to become a great GK, and we feel he will be nicely developed at this time to play for us.
GK - Connor Ripley (ENG) - Connor is a England Under 19 international and an able back up for Butland. A very promising young GK, who has made first XI appearances for Middlesborough.
GK - Jack Hamilton (SCO) - Having represented Scotland up to U17 level, this tournament will be a perfect opportunity for Jack to gain experience to help him in his career.
RB - Adam Matthews (WAL) - Adam had a brilliant season for Celtic last season, and is certainly making great strides as a full back. He also is getting good European football experience which will help him in this World Cup.
RB - Adam Henley (WAL) - Despite playing for a Blackburn team that got relegated, Adam showed promise at the highest level last year, and looks to be a top prospect, even though he may have to move to get away from the sinking ship of Blackburn.
CB - Phil Jones (ENG) - By the time this tournament comes round, Phil would have matured into one of the best CB's in the Premier League. A player with huge potential, will be big for us at this tournament.
CB - Jonny Evans (NI) Over-Age - We chose Evans because he is a very good CB, and we intend to link him up with his fellow Utd CB Jones, to form a formidable CB partnership at the heart of our defence.
CB - Steven Caulker (ENG) - Steven has proven on loan at Swansea that he is going to be a top CB, and we believe he will break out for Spurs soon enough, and therefore is more than good enough for our squad.
CB - Danny Wilson (SCO) - Danny is a very good young prospect at Liverpool, and already a Scottish International. He makes up what we believe is a very strong CB foursome in our squad.
LB - Leighton Baines (ENG) Over-Age - We have chosen Leighton as an over age player, because we felt that the LB area was weak in terms of young talent. We decided to go with Baines, because by this time he will be a fully experienced LB and a solid all round player. He also offers us set pieces.
LB - Ezekiel Fryers (ENG) - Fryers is a defender with undoubted talent, although his mental side is a bit questionable. But here he can learn under Baines and O'Neill and help him to prove he is as good as he is meant to be.
RM - Nathan Redmond (ENG) - One of the brightest young wingers England have, Redmond by this time will be a hot prospect if he hasn't already moved from Birmingham. He is pacy, skillful and exactly what we need on the wing.
RM -Josh Carson (NI) - Josh (despite playing for Ipswich scum) is a very good young player, working his way in football. This is a chance for him to showcase his talents on a big stage, and we believe he has the ability to back up our selection of him.
CM - Josh McEachran (ENG) - McEachran will be part of a midfield that looks to retain the ball in our system. He is a very good young CM, and by this time he will be firmly established in a Premier League midfield, whether it be Chelsea's or another sides.
CM - Fraser Fyvie (SCO) - After a recent move to Wigan, Fyvie will showcase his talents on the Premier League stage. We will know offer him the chance to show it on a World stage, and he has more than enough ability to do so.
CM - Jack Wilshere (ENG) - Jack will be one of the best CM's in the world at this point. He will have overcome his injury problems to lead Arsenal's midfield, and we want him to do the same for our side.
CM - Oliver Norwood (NI) - Oliver has recently secured first team football for Huddersfield in the Championship, and we believe by this time he will be an exciting young prospect, ready to express himself on a world stage.
LM - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (ENG) - Alex showed at the Euros he is an exciting young talent, and by this time he will be fulfilling that talent regularly. He is a must for our side, as he is pacey and tricky, what we need in our wingers.
AM/CM - Ross Barkley (ENG) - Having already played for Everton, Ross is a highly exciting young prospect. He will offer us a different plan, whilst being able to play CM, he can also play AM, meaning we can switch formations when he is on the pitch.
AM/LM/RM - Nick Powell (ENG) - Nick has undoubted talent, and by this time could be a Utd regular. He is very versatile and will offer us many options in our squad, while being a very good player.
ST - Wayne Rooney (ENG) Over-Age - We have chosen Wayne, because after a couple of disappointing major championships we believe he will have a chip on his shoulder. He needs to prove he is world class on a international stage, and he will lead our attack, to prove he is world class leading us to glory.
ST - Connor Wickham (ENG) - Connor is a hot prospect, as shown by his move to Sunderland. He will offer us the target man, and he is a very good young player who by this time will be a proven Premier League goalscorer.
ST - Rory Donnelly (WAL) - Having chosen Swansea over Liverpool, Rory will breakout in the next 2 years on the Premier League stage and prove why we he deserves a space in our squad with his quite enigmatic talent

Will do the bold when I put final piece together
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 20:47

Anything else you want me to do?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 20:47

have we done why we've chosen our 3 overage players?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 20:48

Well put up your final starting XI so I can see what that is. How much time you got on your hands?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 20:49

Fernando wrote:have we done why we've chosen our 3 overage players?

It's included in the general ones. You can do more in depth ones if you want?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 20:51

In fact could you both post what you think the starting XI and formation should be and why? Just so when I write tactics tomoz, I have your opinions
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 21:09

GK Butland - obvious
RB ????? - I don't know either of them, so ...
CB Evans/Jones - Would be a good combo, Evans intelligent and Jones physical. United chemistry.
LB Baines - obvious
RM Redmond - scoring goals, broke into Birmingham team, expect a big season next year.
CM Wilshere/Fyvie - He's Scottish, simple. Nah in all seriousness he provides a bit of flair and creativity to the midfield. He is a good passing player to fit alongside Wilshere who goes box to box.
LM Chamberlain - obvious
SS Rooney - obvious
ST Wickham - Represented U21s, can hold up the play to bring in the other attackers. He's Sunderland's best striker and expect him to be a first teamer next year.

Think we should play 4-4-1-1

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 21:11

Adam Matthews RB Trebs plays for Celtic. Very good player
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 21:12

I agree on the 4-4-1-1, I don't like Rooney as the lead striker in a 4-3-3
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 21:15

Rooney plays best with slightly more freedom. If you play Rooney as the lead striker it restricts him and he has to stay forward, in this he can track back like he has for United the past season and get forward.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 21:59

Yeah 4-4-1-1 is the way to go thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 22:04

Glad we all agree, that seems it sorted. Does everyone agree on this lineup then?

------------------------Butland----------------------
Matthews---------Evans-------Jones-----------Baines
--------------Wilshere------------Fyvie--------------
---Redmond---------------------------Chamberlain---
------------------------Rooney----------------------
-----------------------Wickham----------------------

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 22:05

Yeah I'm happy with that. Will write up in depth tactics for it tomorrow
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 2 Aug - 22:09

Alright, I think we can play a higher line as we have plenty of pace in defense, play at a quick pace, get crosses in, young players, full of energy, pressurizing.

Hope that helps with tactics.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 22:10

Yeah I know playing with pace was what I was gonna go for. I will say in attack we will almost be like 4-2-3-1 and in defence we will be 4-4-1-1
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 22:15

Spoiler:

We happy with this? feel free to add to it

Last edited by Fernando on Thu 2 Aug - 22:24; edited 2 times in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 22:17

I would also add something about his motivational side, and immediate impact Nando like what happened at Sunderland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 2 Aug - 22:24

any better?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 2 Aug - 22:26

Very good Nando OK
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 3 Aug - 9:24

Looks good to me OK

Now it's just the tactics left. I've given a brief overview of my ideas, which need to be expanded on. Anything anyone thinks about the style we should play?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 3 Aug - 9:26

I'm now writing them up Trebs. In defence we will be solid but with a quite rigid two banks of four with Rooney sitting in, ala England at the Euros in defence
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 3 Aug - 10:18

Right in a moment, I will send you a PM with the final submission for you to go over. Tense times lol. Just gotta finish writing the tactics, and put it all together.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 3 Aug - 10:18

thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 3 Aug - 10:39

PM's sent dudes. Got it all ready to post, just need you guys to make sure it is ok
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 3 Aug - 10:47

id say that's ready to go thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 3 Aug - 10:47

Ok I'm gonna post it now then Task 4 team page - Get your ass in here  - Page 3 3559488474
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 3 Aug - 10:48

I'd change Jones to mark the main striker with Evans covering, other than that I'm happy.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next