The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right?

5 posters

Go down

wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right?

wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_lcap0% wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
 wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_lcap50% wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
 wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_lcap50% wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
 wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_lcap0% wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Empty wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right?

Post by AddisHornby Fri 13 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

So I did 4 songs on Zumba 2 wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right?
I put 100% effort into it, got above 70% in all in technique and the calorie count on the zumba said I'd had burn 245 calories yet the pedometer said 47 calories. its kinda made me feel abit down now Sad
I'm 18, 5'2" and 204lbs (14.5 stone)
and I want to lose about a stone in about a month or so

AddisHornby

Back to top Go down

wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Empty Re: wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 13 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

If your getting a sweat on and feel like your working out I wouldn't take notice of that, as its only a guide anyway.

Am not aware of the game but do you have to enter you height and weight into the system?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right? Empty Re: wii game and my pedometer said I only had burnt 47 calories, that can't be right?

Post by Scott is Back Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

I voted for "I put 100% effort into it, got above 70% in all in technique and the calorie count on the zumba said I'd had burn 245 calories yet the pedometer said 47 calories. its kinda made me feel abit down now Sad"

thumbsup

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 16 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

things like this normally are figured out using a m.e.t system where a certain activity is rated say for instance something really hard is around 10 mets walking 2-3 mets. it should figure it out so that it takes your height and weight into account. not sure if your pedmeter would have done this. basically a 5 mile run is miles harder for someone who 20 stone than someone who's ten stone and the heavier person will burn more calories.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 17 Jul 2012, 7:28 pm

Why don't you join a proper Zumba class, maybe you'll get more out of it and will enjoy it more than staring at a screen, unless it works for you.

Things like that I wouldn't read to much into. Its great to see you want to get in shape, although your weight isn't exactly awful don't worry.

Good luck anyway with your goal I'm sure you'll reach it Very Happy

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down