The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Garcia

+7
Small Time
manos de piedra
JabMachineMK2
tobbox
Seanusarrilius
Pound-for-Pound
inman124
11 posters

Go down

Khan vs Garcia Empty Khan vs Garcia

Post by inman124 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

I can see this fight panning out the same as the Dmitriy Salita fight, nice and early. I dont rate Garcia at all, hes beaten over the hill fighters in Campbell, Holt and Morales, he'll be put under pressure with Khans fast 1-2-3-4 combinations and i see it ending within the first 3 rounds.

inman124

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Garcia Empty Re: Khan vs Garcia

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:09 pm

was anyone else disappointed with the sparring footage on Ringside? With all the talk from him and his camp i was hoping to see a whole new khan but looked exactly the same to me, fast hands but poor defence.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:18 pm

Only danger for Khan losing this is over training or a Prescott type start. Otherwise he should pummell a very open and slow in comparison Garcia. Khan TKO after six when Garcia's face starts to look like mush

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tobbox Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:20 pm

Can't see any way for Garcia to win this or even last the distance. Bamboozled by Khan's speed early and battered into submission by the sixth round.

tobbox

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Since when did Khan become this concussive punching machine? He has the ability to surprise within the first few rounds with the odd shot but generally his opponents are pretty strong still in the later rounds - I see a very wide UD for Khan.

He's a fantastic boxer but not a puncher and Morales was hurting Garcia but he was still in there and I'd say Morales has more power.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Since when did Khan become this concussive punching machine? He has the ability to surprise within the first few rounds with the odd shot but generally his opponents are pretty strong still in the later rounds - I see a very wide UD for Khan.

He's a fantastic boxer but not a puncher and Morales was hurting Garcia but he was still in there and I'd say Morales has more power.

Wouldn't say Morales has more power at 140. Khan can hit early on but fades as his energies sap

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:32 pm

I would, Morales' punches hurt and Garcia stuck with him.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:36 pm

Is it right to underestimate Garcia's chances of a KO? Maidana shook Khan badly but couldn't shake up Morales and Garcia dropped Morales heavily.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:41 pm

Garcia won't be fast enough to get to Khan. Maidana is a much bigger puncher than Garcia anyway and Khan held on through it.

If Garcia KO's Khan I will write an ode to Trussman and how valuable he is to the boards.

Thats how confident I am.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I would, Morales' punches hurt and Garcia stuck with him.

Khan has fought him yet? Who is to say he won't hurt him. Khan had Maidana rolling in the isles, too. Give them a chance to at least fight before saying Morales hurt him and Khan can't?

Morales is no 140 pounder either

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:45 pm

I dont think either are concussive punchers but I think Khans handspeed may well overwhelm Garcia early. Garcia has faced plodders so far and had the edge in speed in his fights. He will be significantly disadvanged in the speed department by Khan and while his chin may be good, he could find himself unable to cope and caught cold Khan. Hes had Maidana, Peterson and Salita down in the first round and is fast out of the blocks. I just have a feeling that Garcia will find himself at sea in this one and will find his chin and survival skills will be really tested.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:48 pm

I see Gracia going in the first couple of rounds. Khan is a fast and powerful starter (could have finished Midana and had Peterson down in first). Gracia was almost to slow for an old over weight Morales, how in the blue moon does he expect to live with Khan's speed.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by beefyboi Thu 12 Jul 2012, 6:20 pm

I watched the sparring on ringside from khan camp and he seemed a bit different to me same pressure puncher letting punches in bunches go, but i thought his footing was a lot more relaxed and was nt bouncing around like a rabbit. I heard roach say when the peterson rematch was on that khan was gonna slide his feet around the ring rather than bouncing so he could see the punches coming from the other guy and in turn land his punches with more power. we will see saturday if he sticks to it or not. i was quite immpressed though. khan ko rd 5 maybe even a body shot.

beefyboi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:02 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Garcia won't be fast enough to get to Khan. Maidana is a much bigger puncher than Garcia anyway and Khan held on through it.

If Garcia KO's Khan I will write an ode to Trussman and how valuable he is to the boards.

Thats how confident I am.

*Coughs*

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Jul 2012, 12:04 pm

lol

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 15 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm

Well fiddlesticks. Man of my word. Stay tuned.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 15 Jul 2012, 4:08 pm

DOn't worry JM2, not many saw that one coming.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down