The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan Vs Garcia Confirmed 14th July

+11
Boxtthis
Steffan
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Union Cane
azania
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
JabMachineMK2
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
Daz
15 posters

Go down

Khan Vs Garcia Confirmed 14th July Empty Khan Vs Garcia Confirmed 14th July

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 8:49 am

Morning Everyone

Looks like the Garcia fight has been confirmed. Khan mentioned it on Twitter and it's been on a few news sights now. What are your thoughts on this match up?

Not a bad unification bout if Khan gets his other belts back. Garcia being undefeated makes this more interesting - although I think Khan (if he sticks to a game plan) should win this comfortably.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18171108

Daz

Back to top Go down

Khan Vs Garcia Confirmed 14th July Empty Re: Khan Vs Garcia Confirmed 14th July

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 23 May 2012, 8:52 am

Khan can't be slated for this, a unification match (if titles retured) against an undefeated fighter before moving up to WW.

Khan will still get stick somehow but undeserved.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 8:57 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Khan can't be slated for this, a unification match (if titles retured) against an undefeated fighter before moving up to WW.

Khan will still get stick somehow but undeserved.

Nothing new there then!!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 May 2012, 9:03 am

Got to agree with the general consensus and say, given the short notice and difficult circumstances this is a decent fight, glad to see he has a chance to get back into the title picture straight away on the back of the Petersen farce.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 23 May 2012, 9:06 am

Not that I like Khan outside of the ring, but as a boxer he's very talented. He didn't deserve to lose against Peterson. I'm glad he did so we got to see what he's like when he loses a close decision. It wasn't a robbery in the slightest, it was just a close decision I felt he'd won even after the deductions.

That said, Khan should win this rather easily. I've not been overly impressed with Garcia - this should be the unification of (3?) major titles so he should take "The Ring" belt and move up to fight Mayweather in 2/3 fights.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 9:07 am

I hope Khan isnt in danger of over training for this fight. I know he has taken a couple of weeks off. Must be difficult having a fight cancelled so close to the date and then having a couple of weeks off, then starting a new camp from scratch.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 9:11 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Not that I like Khan outside of the ring, but as a boxer he's very talented. He didn't deserve to lose against Peterson. I'm glad he did so we got to see what he's like when he loses a close decision. It wasn't a robbery in the slightest, it was just a close decision I felt he'd won even after the deductions.

That said, Khan should win this rather easily. I've not been overly impressed with Garcia - this should be the unification of (3?) major titles so he should take "The Ring" belt and move up to fight Mayweather in 2/3 fights.

I scored that fight to Peterson, i thought the closer rounds went to Peterson as Khan did some good work then undid everything by sitting on the ropes and letting Peterson unload. But I guess it's subjective.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed 23 May 2012, 9:38 am

Daz wrote:I hope Khan isnt in danger of over training for this fight. I know he has taken a couple of weeks off. Must be difficult having a fight cancelled so close to the date and then having a couple of weeks off, then starting a new camp from scratch.

At least he'll now have Roach's full attention. He was playing second fiddle to Manny's training for Bradley but with a good month between the two fights Roach should be able to devote himself to Khan in between rather than splitting his time.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 May 2012, 9:44 am

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:
Daz wrote:I hope Khan isnt in danger of over training for this fight. I know he has taken a couple of weeks off. Must be difficult having a fight cancelled so close to the date and then having a couple of weeks off, then starting a new camp from scratch.

At least he'll now have Roach's full attention. He was playing second fiddle to Manny's training for Bradley but with a good month between the two fights Roach should be able to devote himself to Khan in between rather than splitting his time.

I dont know if that's such a good thing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 9:55 am

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake wrote:

Yeah it must be difficult having to go to the Phillipines and get the late shift in the gym.

I personally always thought Khan would be bettered tutored under Emmanuel Steward due to his style and physique.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 May 2012, 9:56 am

Presumably this will be on Sky, and they won't be even mentioning the earlier fight that evening as they are so outraged by it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 23 May 2012, 10:14 am

The best opponent out there given most are tied up so you can't complain

Khan is a class above and should win convincingly as Garcia hasn't impressed me and morales gave him problems, real problems

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 May 2012, 10:23 am

You can't argue with the opponent given the circumstances but it doesn't matter who he fights he's going to get stick off some people.

I can't see Garcia being any really hassle for Khan. I think this might be an early stoppage with Khan just being far to quick and strong for Garcia. I hope he looks to fight Marquez next.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 10:24 am

Early stoppage? Can't see Khan putting him away so soon - maybe later on though.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 23 May 2012, 10:27 am

Late stoppage by Khan im going with as well. Lets hope he can do it thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 May 2012, 10:28 am

Garcia is pretty easy to hit and looked quite slow. Khan has fast hands and feet, he can box and he can punch and should box rings round this kid and get rid of him in some style.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 23 May 2012, 10:29 am

Daz wrote:Early stoppage? Can't see Khan putting him away so soon - maybe later on though.

9th round imo. Garcia was hurt by holt and morales and although khan isn't a heavy puncher, he can put his punches together well and will overwhelm Garcia. Garcia is a counter puncher but doesn't have the skills to deal with someone who can throw combos like khan

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 10:35 am

I still think Khan late stoppage but it would be good to see Khan destroy someone. Especially a world champ.

Marquez would be good afterwards like you say Kev - but I'm sure the detractors would be out in force with that match up.

If Khan gets his belts back, that would make him WBA, IBF and WBC champ if he wins. Who is currently WBO champ?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 May 2012, 10:37 am

Officially Bradley with Marquez as interim but Bradley will probably stay at 147lbs so Marqquez will probably be made full champion.

It could be made to unify all the belts. It would be good if Bradley came back down and fought Marquez later this year with the winner to fight Khan early next year.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 10:41 am

Not sure if Khan will stay at 140 for that long. Hopefully Marquez will get made full champ. Khan beats Garcia, and then fights Marquez for all 4 straps. Moves upto 147 and fights Bradley. That would be awesome.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 23 May 2012, 10:45 am

I'm impressed with Khan for taking what I think is the best available fight against a tough undefeated prospect. Garcia will try to pressure him in the way others have done, but I just think he's too slow and is lacking the ring IQ to be able to catch Khan. This is a good fight for Khan, and a good name on his resume. Khan by clear UD or late TKO.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 May 2012, 10:45 am

I would like to see him fight Marquez. That would be a good fight and I think Khan would stand a much better chance that Rios who was originally being touted as an opponent for Marquez.

Marquez might not be to keen on it mind you. He might be fighting Pacquiao again later this year.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 10:47 am

I'm sure I read somewhere that Marquez has turned down the Khan fight on quite a few occasions.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 23 May 2012, 10:47 am

How can this bout be confirmed? Garcia said he will only fight Khan if he has his belts back (due to him having to face a mandatory). Khan does not yet have his belts back....

Great fight though, hopefully this one goes ahead. In my opinion Khan has too much for Garcia.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 11:11 am

Maybe Khan knows something we don't or hasn't been made public?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 23 May 2012, 11:15 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:You can't argue with the opponent given the circumstances but it doesn't matter who he fights he's going to get stick off some people.

I can't see Garcia being any really hassle for Khan. I think this might be an early stoppage with Khan just being far to quick and strong for Garcia. I hope he looks to fight Marquez next.

Didn't a lot of people say the same about Peterson....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 May 2012, 11:20 am

Olympic style testing?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 May 2012, 11:29 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:You can't argue with the opponent given the circumstances but it doesn't matter who he fights he's going to get stick off some people.

Didn't a lot of people say the same about Peterson....

Peterson was juiced up. Garcia hopefully won't try and cheat.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 11:37 am

azania wrote:Olympic style testing?

I can see Khan doing a Mayweather and asking everyone to comply with that from now on.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 May 2012, 11:39 am

Daz wrote:

I can see Khan doing a Mayweather and asking everyone to comply with that from now on.

Good the more fighters that do it the better. The BBBoC could take note and introduce it for all British title fights instead of making nonsensical statements about a fight they invited to happen.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed 23 May 2012, 11:43 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
Daz wrote:

Good the more fighters that do it the better. The BBBoC could take note and introduce it for all British title fights instead of making nonsensical statements about a fight they invited to happen.

So true.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Wed 23 May 2012, 12:06 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Officially Bradley with Marquez as interim but Bradley will probably stay at 147lbs so Marqquez will probably be made full champion.

It could be made to unify all the belts. It would be good if Bradley came back down and fought Marquez later this year with the winner to fight Khan early next year.

dont think we have any chance of seeing this, Bradley will only want to fight Khan if he has all the other belts.

also do see him wanting anything to do with JMM unless he looks really poor in the pac man fight, even then only if its made fast for good $ with pac man on the back end.

JMM will not be fighting any live opponents without the initials MP.

as for Khan in the last few days of bbc 606 i was a big fan then the PM win and what came with it, followed by the LP loss and what came with......Khan didnt know about the juice.

For those saying he wont get the credit, i think everyone knows that he is a top boxer but he makes it so hard to want to give him any credit. i dont down play his skill or wins but i cant eulogize about such a large, what did you lot call them on here *member*
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 23 May 2012, 3:03 pm

Disappointing but was always going to be unless it was a bigger name than Peterson
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down