The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan-Garcia predictions

+10
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
mobilemaster8
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
rapidringsroad
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Steffan
azania
as1079
Sugar Floyd Louis
14 posters

Go down

Poll

Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_lcap13%Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_lcap6%Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_lcap71%Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 22 ]
Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_lcap10%Khan-Garcia predictions Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 31

Khan-Garcia predictions Empty Khan-Garcia predictions

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:51 pm

How do we see this one going peeps??

I'll be honest I don't know much about Garcia, then again I didn't know much about Peterson and he gave Khan one hell of a fight (albeit there's a question mark over it).

Surely it's do or die now for Khan? anything less than impressive and he can forget the huge fight with Floyd that he craves.

Here's hoping Garcia wins on July 14th! Ale (and hasn't taken any bloody testosterone)!

p.s is this on sky sports?

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Khan-Garcia predictions Empty Re: Khan-Garcia predictions

Post by as1079 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

I can only see a Khan win here, and have gone for TKO. Garcia did labour at times against Morales and isn't particularly fast, nor is his power anything to write home about.

Khan in round 8 or 9, at the latest.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

Its on sky sports and Khan T/KO in 4. Garcia is easier to hit that some posters here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:05 pm

Khan by KO. The guy is destined for greatness

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

Why do you want Garcia to win?

I'd rather support Khan, especially after the disgraceful carrying on from Garcia's father.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

emancipator wrote:Why do you want Garcia to win?

I'd rather support Khan, especially after the disgraceful carrying on from Garcia's father.

ghost

emancipator
I know its silly aint it. As far as im aware Sugar Floyd Louis is English the same as Khan so therefore he should be cheering own his own. I dont get it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

ghost

emancipator

Completely agree. Some of the stuff from Garcia Snr was borderline racism. I'm actually surprised the media haven't picked up on it any more than they did.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

Steffan wrote:

ghost

emancipator
I know its silly aint it. As far as im aware Sugar Floyd Louis is English the same as Khan so therefore he should be cheering own his own. I dont get it

Khan is to me what Froch is to you thumbsup

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:20 pm

Yh Garcia's father is a bit of a c u next tuesday, just seen the press conference.

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:Khan is to me what Froch is to you thumbsup
Froch to me is like something I would scrape off the bottom of my shoe. Why do you feel about Khan this way for though?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

Laugh To be honest Steff I'm not that much of a Khan hater... I just don't like him and would prefer he didn't win.

Won't be anywhere near as upset as you were when Froch won and nearly leave the boards! Wink

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:25 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote: Laugh To be honest Steff I'm not that much of a Khan hater... I just don't like him and would prefer he didn't win.

Won't be anywhere near as upset as you were when Froch won and nearly leave the boards! Wink
I did over react and was very drunk at the time RedWine

Well I hope Khan wins I would say he is the best prospect you English have got and could go all the way to P4P number 1 in a few years

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:27 pm

I don't know why Garcia gets so much hate over what his dad says, it's a bit unfair imo as he isn't going to step I half way through the pressed to shut him up when he is his trainer.

That being said I thought Garcia looked poor vs morales. He didn't throw a lot of shots and wa avert laboured. He is a counter puncher but does his best when it's a slow pace and his opponent is firing single shots.

I don't rate khan that highly (not saying hes poor either)but he is a world class fighter and can throw 700 punches a fight easy. He has very fast hands and will use it vs Garcia.

It might pan out a lot like khan-Judah imo

TKO round 9 or garicas corner pulls him out

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:57 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote: Laugh To be honest Steff I'm not that much of a Khan hater... I just don't like him and would prefer he didn't win.

Oh I get it..

You just jumped on the bandwagon 'cause it's fashionable

ghost

emancipator - Ps. Has anyone seen BOO?

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

I'm hoping for a Khan win and a decisive one,hopefuly an early knockout. Bolton need someone to cheer now that the Wanderers have been relegated.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:17 pm

Garcia looks nothing special. He looks slow and doesn't have the power to deter Khan. It should be a relatively comfy night for Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm

After having watched a lacklusture performance against El Terible, i can only see a Khan KO with ease ALA Malignaggi/Judah type. I think he is technically better and faster with pop to match as well. Add to the fact that his fight with Lamont was put off (which will really urine him off) and this Garcia Snr being a complete idiot, i think Amir will rip this kid to shred, mainly because of Garcias annoying haircut.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:35 am

Khan will bust him up and TKO him in second half of fight, Garcia comes forward with low hands, is fairly slow and throws wide. Khan just has to circle and fire downt he pipe. Morales even taunted him during their fight for how slow he was, althogh Garcia beat him. Garcia isn't bad, and he has a dig, but Khan should win this fairly comfortably.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:20 am

Can only see Khan outboxing him and maybe for it to go so one sided he is pulled out by the ref or his racist dad.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:46 am

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:How do we see this one going peeps??

I'll be honest I don't know much about Garcia, then again I didn't know much about Peterson and he gave Khan one hell of a fight (albeit there's a question mark over it).

Surely it's do or die now for Khan? anything less than impressive and he can forget the huge fight with Floyd that he craves.

Here's hoping Garcia wins on July 14th! Ale (and hasn't taken any bloody testosterone)!

p.s is this on sky sports?

Find out more about Garcia and His dad... that will change

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:48 am

alma wrote:Wasn't massively impressed by Garcia against morales, thought he looked quite slow and pedestrian, so I think an easy khan win around the ninth round

Watch Holt fight - In morales fight he looked gun shy probably because he was against a Boxing God

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

KO-KING wrote:
alma wrote:Wasn't massively impressed by Garcia against morales, thought he looked quite slow and pedestrian, so I think an easy khan win around the ninth round

Watch Holt fight - In morales fight he looked gun shy probably because he was against a Boxing God

Against a Boxing God......................as in................Erik was fighting at around 3000 years old or whatever? Thats the only comparison. Garcia should have blasted his candy ass out of there, but looked terrible.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:25 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:
KO-KING wrote:

Against a Boxing God......................as in................Erik was fighting at around 3000 years old or whatever? Thats the only comparison. Garcia should have blasted his candy ass out of there, but looked terrible.

Am talking about the awe around Morales,

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

KO-KING wrote:

I suppose this is possible, also being Mexican he would have grown up watching him and being in awe of his accomplishments and perhaps slightly wary of what almost happened to Maidana. That said I still think Khan will hand him a beatdown, but it is food for thought.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:21 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
KO-KING wrote:

I suppose this is possible, also being Mexican he would have grown up watching him and being in awe of his accomplishments and perhaps slightly wary of what almost happened to Maidana. That said I still think Khan will hand him a beatdown, but it is food for thought.

Garcia is Puerto Rican

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

Well I feel like a muppet, thought the guy was Mexican this whole time...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:24 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Well I feel like a muppet, thought the guy was Mexican this whole time...

Dont worry Alex, i had a debate last night and was sure Afgahnistan was in the Middle East! We all make mistakes! Doh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:49 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Well I feel like a muppet, thought the guy was Mexican this whole time...

Dont worry Alex, i had a debate last night and was sure Afgahnistan was in the Middle East! We all make mistakes! Doh

It could be argued it is in Middle East, It's not in south asia, it's like in the border line.

I think- Culturally its south asia (mainly like Pakistan, not so much Bangladesh/Sri Lanka/Nepal , Religiously Middle East, Politacally Middle East

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 5:32 pm

KO-KING wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
KO-KING wrote:

Garcia is Puerto Rican

He's from Philadelphia, isn't he?

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

as1079 wrote:

He's from Philadelphia, isn't he?

Background - like Ortiz/Oscar de la hoya = Mexican, Garcia = Puerto Rican.

And yes he is from Philly

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:38 pm

as1079 wrote:

Completely agree. Some of the stuff from Garcia Snr was borderline racism. I'm actually surprised the media haven't picked up on it any more than they did.

What did he say that was border line racism?

I would like Khan to lose as i don't really like him much.. And do think he is a little bit over rated.

That being said i would like to see him against FMJ, as styles make fights and i think he has the size and speed to give Floyd a fight he has not had before.. Which would be interesting..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:46 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:
KO-KING wrote:

You mean like maidana did?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:27 pm

tunes666 wrote:
as1079 wrote:

I would like Khan to lose as i don't really like him much.. And do think he is a little bit over rated.

That being said i would like to see him against FMJ, as styles make fights and i think he has the size and speed to give Floyd a fight he has not had before.. Which would be interesting..

All the flying carpet stuff. Khan's a muslim and the fool probably thinks all muslims are Arabs.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

surprised so many people fancy a knock out. not saying it wont happen, but i certainly dont think its a formality. garcia is pretty big at the weight and from what ive seen hes solid defensively. khan UD i expect

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:46 pm

tunes666 wrote:
as1079 wrote:

This!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 08 Jun 2012, 7:53 pm

Lance wrote:surprised so many people fancy a knock out. not saying it wont happen, but i certainly dont think its a formality. garcia is pretty big at the weight and from what ive seen hes solid defensively. khan UD i expect

He's ponderously slow. When he tried to attach I can see him leaving so many openings it would be like a colander.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:07 pm

Khan early-mid stoppage

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
as1079 wrote:

This!

*Deleted post*

Last edited by tunes666 on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no need..)

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:59 pm

azania wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
as1079 wrote:

All the flying carpet stuff. Khan's a muslim and the fool probably thinks all muslims are Arabs.

Ahh ok, that was after the conference, only just seen that..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down