The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nike VR2 pro Driver and Fairway Woods.

2 posters

Go down

Nike VR2 pro Driver and Fairway Woods. Empty Nike VR2 pro Driver and Fairway Woods.

Post by AGolfingGuy Mon 09 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

Howdy guys,

I bought the driver a few weeks back and have played a few rounds with it and really liked how it was performing.
So on the back of that I went out and bought the three wood yesterday, blind, without hitting it.
I was wondering if anyone plays these and how they find them?

Also, I was wondering... Are you meant to get the wrench tool to adjust the face angle with the fairway woods too, as well as the driver? When i bought the three wood, the guy in the shop handed me the headcover but no wrench. When I asked about it he said it only came with the driver. I though this was a bit weird seeing as the original price for the fairway wood was €235 (not the sale price of €140 I bought it for) and for that kind of money surely you'd expect the wrench, especially seeing as the str8 fir technology is one of the biggest features of the club. I didn't bother to argue seeing as I had the wrench at home from the driver.

Any replies would be appreciated!

AGolfingGuy

Back to top Go down

Nike VR2 pro Driver and Fairway Woods. Empty Re: Nike VR2 pro Driver and Fairway Woods.

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:16 am

I think that they only come with the driver (I think the Taylormade and Titleist wrench is an inclusion with the driver only).

Does seem a bit harsh not to provide the wrench with each club but I guess the logic would be that most people will either buy a "set" of woods together or if they don't, they mostly buy a driver as that's what manufacturers tend to plug.

I also bought my fairway and hybrid "blind" (Titleist 909) on the back of the driver purchase a couple of years ago. It could be considered a bit daft I suppose as it makes much more sense to road test beforehand, but I adapted really quickly as all three had the same shaft type/flex in unlike my previous "set".

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down