The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray

+26
mystiroakey
Jewell_Of_East
reckoner
super_realist
John Cregan
theslosty
Calder106
sirfredperry
CAS
Super D Boon
Leff
socal1976
Jahu
Danny_1982
sugarNspikes
Thomond
User 774433
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
CaledonianCraig
banbrotam
Henman Bill
Duty281
Josiah Maiestas
luciusmann
bogbrush
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who's going to be the 2012 champion?

Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Vote_lcap73%Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 24 ]
Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Vote_lcap27%Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 33

Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Empty Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray

Post by bogbrush Fri 06 Jul 2012, 6:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok, I got this in first!

I can't make a forecast as I'm not rational on the subject, but fire away!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Empty Re: Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray

Post by mystiroakey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:12 pm

Why did murray have to go spain?

this is the 100million dollar question?

we have a major in this country, if he wasnt sent to another set up the world could have lost his talent- forget the brits losing him..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray - Page 5 Empty Re: Wimbledon Final: Federer v Murray

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:17 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Why did murray have to go spain?

this is the 100million dollar question?

we have a major in this country, if he wasnt sent to another set up the world could have lost his talent- forget the brits losing him..

Because when he was 11 he was beating Juniors in the LTA who were aged 16.

He was British Junior number 1 at the age of 14.

Basically he was going nowhere and the LTA with their stupid pink/green/red ball system rogers the youngsters. Under LTA rules 11 year olds cannot play with yellow balls. Murray was 5 when he was hitting yellow balls.

Judy sent him to Spain because on the clay over there the youngsters at 16 hit with men ranked below the 100 mark. He was hitting with much better players which made him a better player.

The LTA does not have such a system.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:20 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:For Leon Smith to be a success for me would be to get GB back into the World Group

At least things are moving towards that under him, unlike his predecessor!

But his predecessor did have a sack of crap to pick from. Evans was toilet in the DC at the height of his ranking. As was Ward.

Smith has the benefit of some impressive youngsters coming through in Golding, Edmund.

Fair enough - it turns out being demoted was actually a good thing for the DC team. It let them play at the level of the team as a whole thereby improving the level of the team as a whole without always just relying on two wins from one man and hoping to scrape another from the other three rubbers. Lithuania was a bit of a low point to say the least.

Agreed. It said a lot for John Lloyd's reign when he had to do a little tournament just to get 'commited' players wanting to play DC.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:28 pm

gonna finalise my theological point.

Its human nature to feel different. We are constantly making boundaries, national boundaries, religious boundaries, sexual preferntial boundaries, sex boundares, race boundaries, class boundaries. Bring down the national boundaries and we still have the others.. Not to mention that boundaries would just be more localised anyway.

If religion got bigger and everyone was- dont be suprised if we didnt have the football religion cup!! lol the scientoligists v the muslems in the final- that would be something good to see... not!!! Thank goodness that isnt the case hey, blimey imagine the race cup, blacks v whites- , how about tiffs v chavs!!omg i am getting abit surreal here but anyway it doesnt sound good does it- but wouldnt it be better to fight on a sporting pitch rather than with guns over some race war or religion war!! better to do it with geograpohical boundaries all the same! Better to feel british or spainish than muslem or white in my eyes!! and thank gawwd for that!

Sport has kind off resolved this natural trait we hold, and long may that contiue, in a way it is the new war!!- if there were no boundaries we woulnd't have national teams.(kill football, as we know it), but trust me we would still be rooting for the local people to us!! whats the difference, how is that a nationalistic issue. Break this trait(or what i would actually call a plus) and what are we left with- no motivation to help those around us- no funding-no support and nothing, sport dies as a whole.. We end up in some hippy communist commune with no motivation for development.

Apoligies for the slightly crazy stance on this but i think we need to just accept that nationality(or localised support) and sport are very much part and parcel of each other, and we possibly couldnt have one without the other, it adds development. And we shouldnt knock it- because i for one want the kids around me playing sport rather than taking drugs!!

the end for today- peace to all men and COUNTRIES!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5