The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract

+8
Fernando
The_Essence_of_Excellence
compelling and rich
Crimey
JamesLincs
Gregers
GSC
Kenny
12 posters

Go down

Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract  Empty Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 am

Breaking News on Sky Sports

Robin Van Persie on his own website has confirmed that he will not be renewing his contract at Arsenal .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract  Empty Re: Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:24 am

To City!

That said Arsenal should be able to get a good bidding war going.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract  Empty Re: Robin Van Persie confirms he wont be renewing his contract

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:31 am

VPersie to not renew contract after meeting Wenger & Gazidis when "became clear we in many aspects disagree on way Arsenal should move fwd"

Ouch. With this and Nasri last year, we're beginning to see the trophyless period bite in a new way.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:32 am

Bit of an update

Robin van Persie has announced he will not be extending his contract at Arsenal, with a statement on his official website reading:

"I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."
"Out of my huge respect for Mr. Wenger, the players and the fans I don’t want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward "

"I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last eight years. As soon as Mr Gazidis is back from his two-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 am

Off to city then

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 am

He's off to:

City
Chelsea
PSG
Madrid
Barce
Anzhi

Take your pick from the above

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:36 am

Gregers wrote:He's off to:

City
Chelsea
PSG
Madrid
Barce
Anzhi

Take your pick from the above

You forgot

Juventus
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:38 am

madrid i think

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 am

I think he'll leave England to be honest. City would be good to sign him, but I think he'll end up at Juventus or PSG.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 am

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:That said Arsenal should be able to get a good bidding war going.

It's risky though, as they need to make sure they sell him this summer, so if they try to play it too much they might end up not selling him and losing him cheaper in January or for nothing in the summer.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:53 am

Its all up in the air but imo Arsenal if they sell to City should ask for Dzeko in exchange . But i think he move abroad anyway .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:54 am

Well if Madrid are in for RVP, Higuain would be surplus.

Just saying
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:58 am

Sky Bet have Man Utd 3rd favourites to sign Van Persie at 3/1 Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:00 am

Anybody who bets on that is a bit silly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:01 am

Anyone who bets on that should send the money to me instead Smile
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:03 am

PP aren't taking on money on City anymore.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 am

Personally I don't think his announcement coming so soon after the takeover at Forest is a coincidence
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 am

id have rvp at united! cant see it happening though!

i reckon city will get him, will offer him the biggest wages with chance to win something. there in need of another striker and rvp will give them that option. i expect tevezto go with possibly dzeko aswell leaving mario and aguero. you cant trust mario over a whole season so there is definately a need for another striker

on a side note does anybody know how to turn off overtype on here its well annoying, cant go back and edit anything!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:13 am

I'm not sure compelling and rich , but i have asked the Admins if they do for you .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:17 am

compelling and rich wrote:id have rvp at united! cant see it happening though!

i reckon city will get him, will offer him the biggest wages with chance to win something. there in need of another striker and rvp will give them that option. i expect tevezto go with possibly dzeko aswell leaving mario and aguero. you cant trust mario over a whole season so there is definately a need for another striker

on a side note does anybody know how to turn off overtype on here its well annoying, cant go back and edit anything!

It's not out site, it's you. Press insert, that should stop it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 am

seems to have stopped now without me doing anything

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 am

compelling and rich wrote:seems to have stopped now without me doing anything

You must have pressed Insert when you did that post.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:42 am

Crimey wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:seems to have stopped now without me doing anything

You must have pressed Insert when you did that post.

cheers, never knew thats how you solved it. good to know

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 am

I don't see why after 2 good seasons everyone thinks he is the best striker in the world. At the Euro's he was five knuckle shuffle apart from the goal against Germany.

He is too injury prone in my opinion as well.

Year Ap Gl
2004-2005 41 10
2005-2006 38 11
2006-2007 31 13
2007-2008 23 9
2008-2009 44 20
2009-2010 20 10
2010-2011 33 22
2011-2012 48 37
Totals 278 132

Having said that he does have a near 1 in 2 games goal average in all Arsenal appearances but if u take out the last 2 seasons its a goal 1 in 3 games.

Arsenal should be more concerned in patching up their shambolic defence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:50 am

He might not be the best striker in the world, but he's clearly one of the world's best. He's a top finisher and a poor tournament for Netherlands doesn't change that. Not only that he's the captain and him staying would have been a huge morale boost. They are going to be able to replace him properly, and considering how many points Van Persie earned them last year, it is very worrying for Arsenal.

Samir Nasri can be labelled as a money-grabber, Fabregas just wanted to go back to his boyhood club, a lot of Arsenal fans I know expected Van Persie to stay, and perhaps Van Persie leaving highlights that they're going to find it more difficult to keep hold of star players.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:53 am

theres no way city would let united have him

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Essence_of_Excellence Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 am

If they can get £20 million for him thats a good deal for them I think.

You are right though...I don't know who will step up and be counted as a leader...Koschelny? Vermaelen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:04 am

Vermaelen will become captain.

Obviously disappointed his leaving but if we can get £20m then we can go spend it on someone who actually wants to be their. I doubt he'll be allowed to go to an english club if he is to go then he'll be sitting in the reserves for a season before that move.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:55 am

20, at the very most 25 i think considering his age and contract.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 am

Merson has a point, Arsenals wage structure is weird. Its almost better to be a squad player than a top performer in terms of value.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:32 am

Well I can't see that his stock has risen after the crap performances he put in at Euro 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:54 am

JamesLincs wrote:theres no way city would let united have him

Theres no way Arsenal will let him go to UTD
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:48 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:

Why? It's not like they're in competition with them any more. Wink

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am

In most walks of life, if someone is moving to another job they will always say the prime reason is a better salary. But for some reason footballers can never openly admit this. We all know why he is going and this stock BS about wanting new challenges and trophies is insulting everyone's intelligence. Wouldn't it be refreshing if just for once the player told the truth?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:03 am

lorus59 wrote:In most walks of life, if someone is moving to another job they will always say the prime reason is a better salary. But for some reason footballers can never openly admit this. We all know why he is going and this stock BS about wanting new challenges and trophies is insulting everyone's intelligence. Wouldn't it be refreshing if just for once the player told the truth?

YES
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 am

Rightly or wrongly people view footballers as over paid prima donas. Getting £120k a week is more than most earn in 5 years so leaving to earn an even more obscene amount of money will be viewed as being greedy.

Personally being a professional footballer, he owes nothing to anyone other than himself. His career could end in an instance and a ripple of applause with pats on the back will not pay his bills.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:17 am

lorus59 wrote:In most walks of life, if someone is moving to another job they will always say the prime reason is a better salary. But for some reason footballers can never openly admit this. We all know why he is going and this stock BS about wanting new challenges and trophies is insulting everyone's intelligence. Wouldn't it be refreshing if just for once the player told the truth?

His statement should have been along the lines of "Ive decided not to sign a new contract and i hope another club comes in for me. If not i will see out my contract and play my best. Thanks"

Why all this stuff about the fans and how great they are??...........nonsense??
If idiots want to boo him in a Man City shirt next season so be it.......

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:31 am

Its not about how much they earn but the fact they won't admit to why they move. Why not just tell it as it is if they owe nothing to anyone? Do you really think if Van Persie needs more money now to pay his bills?

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 am

lorus59 wrote:Its not about how much they earn but the fact they won't admit to why they move. Why not just tell it as it is if they owe nothing to anyone? Do you really think if Van Persie needs more money now to pay his bills?

I agree. So many players act as if they are being "forced" out............why not say, id love to go to a club that has a better chance of winning things withoud adding that "Arsenal lack ambition"......what Arsenal lack is a big fat filthy rich sheikh who will double RVP's wages and buy the best players in the world!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:38 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:

If he waits a year Arsenal wont have a say and he came close to joining Utd before he went to Arsenal, may wait it out and see who wins the league

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:52 am

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293233_344882168921398_1042363912_n.jpg
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down