The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ted dibiase not renewing contract

+7
Hodginho
Kay Fabe
JoshSansom
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
Mr Video Man
11 posters

Go down

ted dibiase not renewing contract Empty ted dibiase not renewing contract

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 26 Aug 2013, 5:04 pm

he made the announcement on his youtube channel. not really that surprised he's a big talent very underused. what do you the 606v2 universe think of this news from ted?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

ted dibiase not renewing contract Empty Re: ted dibiase not renewing contract

Post by Hero Mon 26 Aug 2013, 5:07 pm

Never saw a glimmer of anything in him that warranted a push, more bland than a Jacobs cracker.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Aug 2013, 5:33 pm

I really think they could make him such an easy heel with a remake of his day's gimmick. "Trust Fund" Dibiase coming in and spending Daddy's money. Such easy heat.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 26 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm

Yeah i think WWE badly used him, good talent.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 26 Aug 2013, 6:50 pm

Don't think that he was particularly talented though would have made a good gimmick out of being wooden and personality-less but being able to get shots due to his cash...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 26 Aug 2013, 6:54 pm

I'll see your big talent and under used and raise you an overrated on name value alone and pushed way before he merited it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodginho Mon 26 Aug 2013, 7:15 pm

Wouldn't have even got near main roster if his surname was "Smith"
Though that's a thought for his inevitable TNA run.
Ted Smith, flat cap wearing, whippet racer. "by Eck, its my turn fer title shot"

Hodginho

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 26 Aug 2013, 7:18 pm

Didn't really have the charisma his Dad did. But at the same time, wasn't given much of a chance as a singles competitor.

The "Dibiase Posse" Poopie was horrible.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 26 Aug 2013, 8:53 pm

I don't think he himself was any good, but I think with his name and heritage they could have given him a really hot heel run that at least would have been make or break

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:05 am

He was the very definition of the WWE style 'cookie cutter' wrestler. Had a decent look and decent in-ring skills but was severely lacking in the charisma factor.

He was just incredibly bland and the only time he did anything to suggest otherwise was the night on RAW when he had a falling out with Randy Orton during the Legacy days. Orton was begging Dibiase to hit him and the crowd was begging him to hit Orton. For a second it looked like it would be Ted's break out moment but it was a false dawn.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 27 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

It's understandable really, he's been frustrated with his position within the company for months now so instead of collecting the pay packet, he wants to do something about it. As for the "Dibiase Posse" comments, well while it was a pretty shocking idea, that was his attempts to get noticed by management as a Face, much like how Zack Ryder got his push a 18 months ago...

The problems are that Ted Dibiase is bland, lacking charisma and pretty much generic as a face! His best work by far was when he was apart of Legacy, if it hadn't been for the shocking booking where Randy Orton went over both DiBiase & Rhodes, Ted could have very well had his break out moment if Randy Orton put him over with Ted taking over as leader of the group. Then WWE's long-term booking didn't help as he had no where to go as soon as legacy finished. I always felt that the Million Dollar gimmick was something he could always fall back on, but I guess management never pulled the trigger on that one. It writes itself really.

Who would have thought looking back that out of the two of them, Cody Rhodes would be the better of the two!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Aug 2013, 1:16 pm

DiBiase should never have went over Orton at WrestleMania, he wasnt ready for that kind of push as has been proven, Orton on the other hand was hot as hell and they wanted to make him the face of SmackDown!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Aug 2013, 1:19 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I don't think he himself was any good, but I think with his name and heritage they could have given him a really hot heel run that at least would have been make or break
He got it handed to him, he got a hot valet, a decent gimmick, actual historical character development and they even reintroduced the Million Dollar belt, a Wrestling company can only do so much, sooner or later they guy has to get himself over and he did nothing to convince the crowd he was worth investing into

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 27 Aug 2013, 1:45 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:DiBiase should never have went over Orton at WrestleMania, he wasnt ready for that kind of push as has been proven, Orton on the other hand was hot as hell and they wanted to make him the face of SmackDown!
You can still put somebody over if they're made to long strong in defeat. There's no point dwelling on the situation now, what's happened has happened. All I'm pointing out is if there was ever a time where Ted could have pushed himself, it was the anticlimax to their feud with Randy Orton, but it never happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Ted stepped away from wrestling for a short-while

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Aug 2013, 5:53 pm

I'm a great believer on the saying you dont have to go over to get over but in that instance when the main focus was turning Orton fully fledged face I dont think it was logical to see DiBiase take the focus from him during that match, it defeats the purpose of what they were trying to achieve, I personally thought it was the right thing to do then go about building DiBiase and Rhodes after Mania which they did do, Rhodes excelled while DiBiase couldn't live up to the hype.

Also, the difference with how he and Rhodes progressed is simple, when they dexided to run with Cody they put him on the road and Bob Holly schooled him for about 6 weeks, after that they then teamed for a couple of months, Cody learned more in those few months with Holly than he did in god knowa how long in development, when DiBiase debuted he only had Rhodes to school him through matches while Rhodes was still learning himself

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 27 Aug 2013, 6:04 pm

No real loss to me. Hated the character,there was nothing to hate as a heel and nothing to relate to as a face. I couldn't tell you any of his character traits or anything like that,whereas I can with many others. He just had no USP.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down