The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place...

+12
seanmichaels
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
Il Gialloblu
superflyweight
AlexHuckerby
jammin
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
paperbag_puncher
JabMachineMK2
Rodney
davidemore
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place... Empty My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place...

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 8:44 am

Dear Cultured Poster,

Daviemore be the name, and i am famed for being someone who has an active mind, at least when it comes to this forum (yesterday someone asked for a return of the old davidemore, to say i was shocked and surprised is an understatement.)

So, I got to thinking, who is the most rambling soul in the current boxing circle? Who seems to take random fights in random lands, go from here to there, through the weights and into the lions den. Juan Marquez took on Chris John in his own backyard and lost (probably robbed) when he had a much bigger fight on the table, I think it was for another title, i forget who it was against. Anyway, who rambles in the boxing world? Clinton Woods fought some big names abroad, and Frochy baby loves a travel, but who else? Educate me, bromance me, enlighten the man D-Man. Your man, emore.

Lately them pesky Russians (no offence intended) seem to be getting yanks over... hmm... interesting.

Yours forever, the man that will never leave you,

Davidemore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place... Empty Re: My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place...

Post by Rodney Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:05 am

davidemore wrote:

Yours forever, the man that will never leave you,

Davidemore

Probably the most disappointing words I've read on this forum

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place... Empty Re: My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place...

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:11 am

Rodney i am here,, for you, for everyone. Thoughts on my post, friend?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:15 am

I come here to talk about boxing and have a good bit of banter on the side - this post disappoints me greatly Davide.

Factual answer: Froch.

Theres no real debate.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:21 am

Jabmachine, are you suggessting tom foolery on my part? This is a cultured article.. no? Froch is a good shout.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:27 am

Maidana, Ofolabi and Campillo get around a bit.

I heard Tyson Furys a bit of a traveller Run

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

For christ sake.

This has been down to death David and it wasn't funny on the first 606 and it sure as hell ain't funny on the new 606.

Mods, please lock this pile of crap
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

Reborn, this is not a nice way to approach me, this is a cultured post, can't you see that? No gimmicks on this one, just affection, why you so angry? drinking again are we? Where is thhe love and cultured feedback, come on now reeborn, don't anger me, be nice to emore...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

lol.

Katsidis is a bit of a wanderer....

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

He is jammin, a real wandering soul is Kats, great shout, friend...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:37 am

C'mon everyone and "chillax" (sorry).Davide, I like your stuff, but it's a tightrope act right now.Don't spoil it all.Don't take my chat away from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:40 am

I walk the line andygf, i walk the line. You probably see me as someone that likes to fool around, but i have knowledge, and with that knowledge, boxing power. Come on andygf, post with me, talk on my epic thread... friend...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:49 am

Why thank you! What a nice guy!

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:53 am

1.There are thousands of boxers who travel all over the country for little reward,whom we rarely if ever mention, they're known as "journeymen" boxers, who can expect hometown decisions and are making a career out of the little talent they have.The last time I brought up the subject on 606 there was annoyance that there are people who know that they cannot fight at the top level ,but make a bare living out of it.Thankfully I cannot remember the poster's name but someone said "fight the best, or get out" ,which seems not only harsh but to misunderstand a lot.Traveling is the bread and butter of most boxers who are not at the top level...just to give them a bit of a shout out there...
2. Perhaps we can think about fighters who went abroad and came back with great results? ...
I mentioned Dennis Andries here recently, and he's no-one's idea of an all-time great but nevetheless he won the wbc twice abroad with little fuss, and can't help but find it amusing that when he lost to Harding he rematched him in his own backyard with a very hostile press, and won! Contrast that to Ricky Hatton who had to bring Koster to the U.K.
Eeh, boxers are soft these days.. it used to be hills round here when I were a lad...jumpers for goalpoasts..

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:56 am

David, you sure are barmy!!

He generally isnt liked but Hayes done a fair bit of travelling also.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:56 am

We've all been here before, haven't we?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

great points team! "davidemore's barmy army!" haha, superfly what's your thoughts??? On me, my thread... life?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:15 am

davidemore wrote:

Daviemore be the name, and i am famed for being someone who has an active mind, at least when it comes to this forum (yesterday someone asked for a return of the old davidemore, to say i was shocked and surprised is an understatement.)

Davidemore

Who was this person?! This is very interesting though, you're kind of like the Syd Barrett of 606...never know when you're going to unravel.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:20 am

I think it was someone named "Imperial" somthing or other.

Andygf, do you consider me to be a tortured genius like Syd was? In your eyes am i a gifted soul? Don't hurt me.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:22 am

You're... Different.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:38 am

Certainly showing signs of a split personality and in need of nurturing and not ridicule. I really hope that you and I are not the same person as Truss suggested or I'm really in trouble..
Yeah, you've got a lot to contribute Davie,just stay off the brown acid

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 07 Jun 2012, 10:53 am

Davie... keep it sane mate.

I like your posts, you bring something different and I don't want to see you kicked off, but just keep it the right side of normal eh? OK

Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:11 am

Look guys, don't rile me, i'm a class act on these boards, and your support is appreciated. The forum is great, the debate great, my topics and threads are great too, so let's just be cool to one another.

davidemore is a calm cultured poster these days, but alma, be nice, don't call me out, that wouldn't work well for you. No threat, just love, we need unity and epic boxing chats on here!!!

you feel me, gang?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:21 am

"I don't want to see you kicked off"

Suspect he's in the minority there!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:26 am

davidemore wrote:I think it was someone named "Imperial" somthing or other.

Outed!
His number one fan!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:27 am

TRUSS what the hell? You know we go way back, these others don't know us man, they don't know us!

How you doing TRUSS? Enjoying my cultured post? Thinking of prediction soon, youtube style, build my fan base... thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:29 am

Andy why am i outed? Many peeps be showing me the love on here, my posts are so well crafted, i read, and i honestly believe peeps dig having me on the boards. The mod's, they respect me, union, andy, seanus, all those cats. Froch is the most rambling soul, class act him. Like me.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:33 am

Imperial Ghosty is outed ,you splitter!
Anyway, I'm your number one fan.... My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place... 3933776953

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Awesome, and no, i am not him, this debate is as old as pac vs pbf.

But thank you for being a huge fan of mine, i might start predicting on youtube so could do with your support. Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"I don't want to see you kicked off"

Suspect he's in the minority there!! Cool

I probably am mate. My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place... 4278589029
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:52 am

Let's keep this thread on topic, the great ramblers of boxing, who are they? Let's stay on topic please gentleman.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

Glen Johnson! Although mainly in the US, he goes into more backyards then a sneaky thief!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:05 pm

" My Mind is Rambling: From Place to Place... "

Correct me if I'm wrong david, but have I genuinely found another Junior Kimbrough fan in this world?

Anyway, ramblers: Calzaghe.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

John Bloody Wayne you have indeed my man, you have indeed. I LOVE the blues, and Junior knew was blues. Lol at Calzaghe rambling, lol. Nathan Cleverley? lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

Seem to remember Julius Francis ending up in god forsaken places.

Nigel benn did a stint in the US to rebuild.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

Anyone travelling further than Manny for their fights?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

Dear Davidemore, you appear to have slipped off the edge and into the precipice. Keep it related to boxing, please. You have been warned

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

Seanus back off! I talked to a Mod earlier, don't go all red pen on my ass, we cool, peeps talking boxing, look...

Jeeze!

Pac does travel dave667 no doubt!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

red pen on your ass.....make a pleasant change from something else I expect!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:red pen on your ass.....make a pleasant change from something else I expect!!

laughing

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

Glen Johnson was a bit of a "littlest hobo" in the travel stakes if I remember rightly.

Went from town to town solving problems and then moving on.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

solving and creating badgerhands.

TRUSS, please don't be crude, if i said that I'd get hammered by you lot on here...

Back to cultured talk of boxing...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:31 pm

davidemore wrote:John Bloody Wayne you have indeed my man, you have indeed. I LOVE the blues, and Junior knew was blues. Lol at Calzaghe rambling, lol. Nathan Cleverley? lol.

I'm impressed, we're a rare breed.

I guess Bute travels in that almost all of his fights have taken place a long way from home, but it still counts as his backyard.

Isn't Danny Williams Lithuanian now?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

We are indeed a rare breed john bloody wayne, we are indeed. Top 5 Blues singers. In no particular order.

1. Howlin Wolf
2. Muddy Waters
3. B.B King
4. John Lee Hooker
5. Our man... Junior

Son House is deadly too, ever had a listen?

Danny Williams completely shot aye, completely. Chinless will equal win less.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Williams has been finished for so long its painful... When Chisora beat him the guy was completely shot could barely throw a punch, it was sad then and that was 2 or 3 years ago!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

He's going to end up a cabbage if he isn't already, poor guy, must have money issues, or mental issues or tragically, both.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

Hard to look past Froch really. Any particular need to write in the style of an author on the drink, davide?

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:05 pm

The Boss, i AM an author on the drink, lol.

Frochy has got the skills in this field of boxing rambles, no diggity, no doubt.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:21 pm

Touche. At this stage on a Thursday a pint would go well.

Plenty of journeymen have to tavel the world over but Froch is the big name.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Froch is elite now, if he beats Kessler that's 9 huge fights, one loss avenged with only one loss left to chase down, against nothing short of the best, where and whenever they wanted it. I'll drink to that!!! Froch puts on a show too, he's a man's man that one.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next