The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam

+8
NickisBHAFC
MtotheC
Ent
Crimey
Adam D
Liam
Uryu Ishida
VDT
12 posters

Go down

Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam Empty Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam

Post by VDT Sat 02 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

"According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE champion CM Punk is currently scheduled to take on the Big Show at SummerSlam.

The two last faced off on PPV back at SummerSlam 2010, where Show beat Punk, Joey Mercury and Luke Gallows in a Handicap Match."

I wouldn’t mind seeing that. I’d like to see Big Show get a win, he deserves a real title reign after that 45 second one in December. Not really anyone else I can see beating Punk in the near future anyway.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam Empty Re: Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam

Post by Uryu Ishida Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm

Oh dear me....I would rather see Ziggler or Rhodes than Big Show as they still have a prime. Show is boring atm. Rhodes v Punk will be fun or Barret v Punk even!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam Empty Re: Spoiler: CM Punk’s opponent for Summerslam

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:43 pm

Big Show has done enough in his career that certainly doesn't warrant a title reign. Why would anyone want to see Big Show hold the belt over guys mentioned by Uryu like Rhodes and Ziggler, and even Barrett who will be returning and even The Miz.

I would like to see Ziggler go after Punk in an attempt to prove he has what it takes.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

I would like to see Samoa Joe come in and go for him.

The matches the two of them could have would be amazing.

Thats if the Joe/TNA stuff isnt a work of course!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:53 pm

Adam D wrote:I would like to see Samoa Joe come in and go for him.

The matches the two of them could have would be amazing.

Thats if the Joe/TNA stuff isnt a work of course!

A couple of years ago I would have said no chance, but after the success of both Punk and Bryan, I wouldn't think it too unlikely to see Joe actually make it to the WWE.

He needs to get back into shape though, he was never the fittest guy, but he just looks lazy these days. Maybe a move to the WWE would reignite his love for the business.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm

list people more worthy than the big show for a title shot!

listed from good - bad

Ziggler
Barret
Rhodes
Miz
R Truth
Cena
Henry
Sin Cara
Ambrose
Heath Slater
Cesaro
Little Jimmy
Khali
Hornswoggle
Big Show

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

I think you're doing Show a disservice there Uryu. I actually like his current heel guise and the attitude he is conveying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

Punks held the title for that long now that whoever takes it off him will be a big deal, why waste the opportunity with the big show? Unless its going to be a repeat of last year and he will be a transitional champ for the mitb winner.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

Sainty wrote:I think you're doing Show a disservice there Uryu. I actually like his current heel guise and the attitude he is conveying.

he has been the SAME heel too many times!

that is my issue.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:
Sainty wrote:I think you're doing Show a disservice there Uryu. I actually like his current heel guise and the attitude he is conveying.

he has been the SAME heel too many times!

that is my issue.

That's not really true though is it? He came in as the Corporate body guard, and did well as just the muscle. He then tailed off through 2000 and when he came back in 2001. He has played that character, the monster heel character and very bland heels before. Now however, they're actually playing on his face past and his love of the fans. Him as the real anti-fans/anti-Cena character is good new twist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:50 pm

Edge did it so much better, as I believe Dolph could when he loses the Vickie Umbrella

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:02 pm

Edge isn't playing anywhere near the same character, and Dolph couldn't play the same character.

The idea is that Big Show and Cena are in similar positions, both loved the fans despite not 100% positive reactions from the fans, but now Big Show turns on the fans because of it, where as Cena continues to pander to the crowd. That's why he's the Anti-Cena.

Edge was just a typical heel with Cena playing the typical face.

Dolph has never been loved by the fans or shown love to the fans so couldn't play the same character, not for a few years anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:11 pm

I think big show is as relevant now as he ever has been, the last couple of weeks he has been built up to be a legitimate threat to cena and I can see him taking out cena and moving on to jonny's next enemy punk and the wwe title as reward, seams like logical booking to me

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

Whats the "Major Match though" last season CM Punk vs John Cena was an amazing match.

Is Brock Lesnar vs HHH still on the cards, or is that done and dusted now?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

How can Ziggler play on his face past and the love of the fans, when has been a heel for pretty much all of his recent history?

As wrestling fans you all confuse me, you demand sensible long term booking with proper story lines with start, middle and ending.

But at the same time two weeks into someone's heel turn you are all moaning and not allowing the character story to develop.

You want Dolph Ziggler to challenge for title pretty much now who has been has spent the last month at least jobbing to Brodus Clay, who in turn just jobbed to Big Show and secondly they have only been two weeks into him starting to separate from Vicky and swagger

Instead of throwing him straight in and saying sink or swim, why not let a proper feud develop between him and swagger, then he moves up a level with another good feud, get him over properly so that when he does step up to main event level he stays at that level, instead of falling down and being lost for a few years again.

The Internet fans really need to stop asking for a long term booking strategy and just start saying how they really feel, Long term booking strategy unless we get our excitement on about someone then they should be champion, and if they fail to draw we will blame the company for booking them wrong.

Wrestling needs to get back to making stars, not random champions.

That's my rant over fell free to knock me down

PS. How many of you thought the same about Mark Henry as he started his hall of pain gimmick run all the way to the title, which in the end was done very well.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:28 pm

Well said Nay OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

Nay Bother wrote:How can Ziggler play on his face past and the love of the fans, when has been a heel for pretty much all of his recent history?

As wrestling fans you all confuse me, you demand sensible long term booking with proper story lines with start, middle and ending.

But at the same time two weeks into someone's heel turn you are all moaning and not allowing the character story to develop.

You want Dolph Ziggler to challenge for title pretty much now who has been has spent the last month at least jobbing to Brodus Clay, who in turn just jobbed to Big Show and secondly they have only been two weeks into him starting to separate from Vicky and swagger

Instead of throwing him straight in and saying sink or swim, why not let a proper feud develop between him and swagger, then he moves up a level with another good feud, get him over properly so that when he does step up to main event level he stays at that level, instead of falling down and being lost for a few years again.

The Internet fans really need to stop asking for a long term booking strategy and just start saying how they really feel, Long term booking strategy unless we get our excitement on about someone then they should be champion, and if they fail to draw we will blame the company for booking them wrong.

Wrestling needs to get back to making stars, not random champions.

That's my rant over fell free to knock me down

PS. How many of you thought the same about Mark Henry as he started his hall of pain gimmick run all the way to the title, which in the end was done very well.

totally agree with you, and tbh I think Big Show is doing a pretty good job with his heel role, my only concern is the quality of the match we're going to see. I suppose it would benefit if it was say a fall count anywhere match for example. I'd personally have Punk hold the title for over a year and mabe even carry it going into next year. He's held the title for so long but not t been at the forefront for a while, have him become the main attraction in the coming months and base it around the fact that he's had a mega long reign!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:44 pm

I've been saying for a while now that Ziggler despite his potential is no where near wwe title material...YET. Of course he has the tools, his ability and potential are endless but surely the wwe title is the pinnacle of the wrestling industry? Why put dolph in thy position when he's clearly not ready for it? He can't draw, he cant sell a ppv on his name and certainly can't cut a promo thats any where near champion caliber, although he is improving on the mic. I certainly beleive that Ziggler will be a champion one day but that day is far in the future if wwe pull the trigger to early on him he will end up like miz and swagger, wasted potential.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon 04 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm

No, no, no. IMO Punk should face Bryan or Ziggler at SummerSlam. Don't want to see him facing Big Show, Tensai or Kane, each of them would be cr@p matches.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Mon 04 Jun 2012, 12:35 pm

*if Ziggler splits from Vickie and improves his mic work.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

It should be Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk in a 60 minute iron man match or an ultimate submission match IMO

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 04 Jun 2012, 3:05 pm

Punk v Bryan in an Iron Man match would be brilliant, but, imagine if Show beat Cena and then - at the height of his heat - lost to Punk... that would be great for his character and would give him a victory over a legitimate big man, something that is a necessary part of wrestling.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 04 Jun 2012, 3:44 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:It should be Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk in a 60 minute iron man match or an ultimate submission match IMO

TBH, they could keep the feud going all year for me, its got the making of a memorable feud indeed. I'd have Bryan win the title back and then have it go back and forth to keep the feud even more interesting, highlighting that each wrestler is very similar in standard and then have a grand finale match to end it. By that time, hopefully Ziggler could have feuded with a big name such as Cena maybe once he's taken care of the Big Show. Ziggler would make Cena look like a wrestling machine, or maybe not.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down