The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warrens dwindling stable

+9
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
Steffan
azania
UpandUnder
KingMonkey
TRUSSMAN66
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
13 posters

Go down

Warrens dwindling stable Empty Warrens dwindling stable

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

James Degale wants to leave
Tony Bellew wants to leave
Kell Brook did leave
Curtis Woodhouse just left

Now, I know he is not the most popular Frog on the lily pad, but Warren has always kept his stable fairly steady.

Do you think it is to do with the seperation of Sky and Boxnation?

Seems to me that he is losing a few more fighters of late than usual.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Warrens dwindling stable Empty Re: Warrens dwindling stable

Post by Union Cane Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 am

Woodhouse is no great loss to be fair.

Degale was/is in the shadow of Groves, and Bellew is in the shadow of Cleverly.

There is only one WBO belt in each division after all.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:31 am

Union Cane wrote:Woodhouse is no great loss to be fair.

Degale was/is in the shadow of Groves, and Bellew is in the shadow of Cleverly.

There is only one WBO belt in each division after all.

True on the WBO

Just think it will be even more difficult to make those fights if they are in different stables. Warren and MAtchroom are going to end up like Goldenboy and TR. A lot of bad blood building between them recently with Matchroom having SKy and moaning about the Haye v Chisora fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 pm

I can't see anything but a mass exodus!!

Exposure and purse wise Boxnation can't match the other channels...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:36 pm

Fighters want to box on tv and Boxnation doesn't give them the exposure they crave, it all makes sense to me. That Froch win the other night must have opened a few eyes, just look what a good win in front of a huge audience does for you. For Carl it has been well overdue but Sky is the place to be no matter what stage you're at.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

With the Olympics over here any boxer who grabs a medal will be hot property and I can't see any of them wanting to go with warren and Boxnation when they can go with matchroom and the sky machine.

With a dwindling stable and not much to offer newcomers life could be getting tough for frank

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:58 pm

KingMonkey wrote:Fighters want to box on tv and Boxnation doesn't give them the exposure they crave, it all makes sense to me. That Froch win the other night must have opened a few eyes, just look what a good win in front of a huge audience does for you. For Carl it has been well overdue but Sky is the place to be no matter what stage you're at.

So true. Froch first big fight on SKY in GB and he is instantly a far more recognised person

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Matchroom must be rubbing their hands with glee. I can see good young boxers signing with them after the Olympics or with Hennessey. Hopefully this will be the end of Warren.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 pm

I much as I hate Eddie Hearn id rather be with him than Warren nowadays. I got a feeling if any of my fellow Welshman in Selby and Evans pick up a medal they wil lgo with Warren though I still dont think Slimey Eddie has as much pull as old Frank yet

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Steffan wrote:I much as I hate Eddie Hearn id rather be with him than Warren nowadays. I got a feeling if any of my fellow Welshman in Selby and Evans pick up a medal they wil lgo with Warren though I still dont think Slimey Eddie has as much pull as old Frank yet
'

Warren has the track record, but Hearn is a fighters fav at the moment. They seem to like him. Even if he does run around the ring when they are fighting and risk costing them the fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Read in this weeks Boxing News that the audience for Froch peaked at something like 668,000, obviously not massive in comparison with terrestrial but apparently very high for sky and you would have to think hugely in front of what boxnation will get.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:05 pm

rowley wrote:Read in this weeks Boxing News that the audience for Froch peaked at something like 668,000, obviously not massive in comparison with terrestrial but apparently very high for sky and you would have to think hugely in front of what boxnation will get.

Agree mate. Be interesting to see if Warrens stable go wandering over to the Hearns as they hold the key to Sky deal

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Steffan wrote:I much as I hate Eddie Hearn id rather be with him than Warren nowadays. I got a feeling if any of my fellow Welshman in Selby and Evans pick up a medal they wil lgo with Warren though I still dont think Slimey Eddie has as much pull as old Frank yet
'

Warren has the track record, but Hearn is a fighters fav at the moment. They seem to like him. Even if he does run around the ring when they are fighting and risk costing them the fight.

I'm pretty sure it's only if a fighter's cornermen get in the ring they get DQ'd, and Bute's were in before Froch's so I don't think he was gonna cost Froch the fight. Hearn keeps his guys happy though, and being a star on sky sports makes anything that's only on boxnation look more like a red dwarf.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Think it has as much to do with sky as it does with matchroom, I can't imagine that after recent debacles that they will be happy showing fights featuring non entities so they are probably forced into making these fights by both sky and their fighters.

All the british promoters with the exception of Warren seem to be doing quite well for their fighters nowadays.

Hatton gets Quigg for Munroe with an inevitable world title fight if he wins.
Matchroom got Bute for Froch
Maloney is moving Price along nicely and getting him a lot of exposure

For any young british fighter I can't imagine why they would go the Warren route when the others are doing a far better job than him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Frank is like the tony blair of boxing. He'll find some way to be succesful despite having half the sane world hating him.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:53 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Frank is like the tony blair of boxing. He'll find some way to be succesful despite having half the sane world hating him.

Laugh Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:06 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
'

I'm pretty sure it's only if a fighter's cornermen get in the ring they get DQ'd, and Bute's were in before Froch's so I don't think he was gonna cost Froch the fight. Hearn keeps his guys happy though, and being a star on sky sports makes anything that's only on boxnation look more like a red dwarf.

That might be true, but hardly recommended that the promoter does what Hearn did, is it? Anyway, not Hearn bashing, I actually like him, as far as promoters go.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:33 pm

frank holds his fighters back to much, he uses his wbo connections to get them a shot and then milks it. eddie on the other hand takes risks (barker/martinez, mcloskey/khan, froch bute).

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:03 am

Matchroom don't have the shows to put on all these fighters. Sky have halved their boxing budget. 22 shows next season and 8 of them will be prizefighters. 3 shows are going to Frank Maloney so that leaves 11. That's 1 show a month for Matchroom.

Warren is still the top dog in Britain he puts on more shows than anyone and is in talks with Hatton promotions to go over to boxnation.

He knew this was coming why do you think he set up his own channel?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 am

Another thing people conveniently forget about Eddie Hearn is that he played a major role in making Haye v Harrison happen. He forced the issue with both Sky and Hayemaker because he knew it would make money.

When was the last time Warren was involved in a PPV of such shabby standards?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down