The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Draft Prospects

+7
GSC
Pr4wn
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
Colan (niner)
twelve283
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2013 Draft Prospects - Page 4 Empty 2013 Draft Prospects

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Random 2013 NFL Draft thoughts

Running Backs
Montee Ball, Wisconsin, 5’09, 212lbs
Knile Davis, Arkansas, 6’0, 226lbs
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh, 5’09, 195lbs
Andre Ellington, Clemson, 5’10, 190lbs

Notes: Few big + fast RB’s in the class, smaller, speed types more prevalent.

Wide Receivers
Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas, 6’3, 209lbs
Terrance Williams, Baylor, 6’2, 190lbs

Notes: The Senior WR class is lacking in top talent and will not match the depth of last season. This could change with an injection of Junior talent.

Defensive Linemen
Star Lotulelei, Utah, 6’3, 325lbs
Kawann Short, Purdue, 6’3, 310lbs
Jesse Williams, Alabama, 6’3, 320lbs
Joe Vellano, Maryland, 6’2, 285lbs

Notes: It should be a good year for interior defensive linemen with the four i've mentioned plus others such as UNC’s Sylvester Williams and Jon Jenkins of Georgia.

Defensive Ends
Dion Jordan, Oregon, 6’6, 246lbs
Alex Okafor, Texas, 6’4, 260lbs
Margus Hunt, SMU, 6’7, 288lbs
John Simon, Ohio State, 6’2, 270lbs

Notes: Strong class of pass rushers, even without the top underclassmen. This class has the potential to be one of the best in recent years.

Linebackers
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame, 6'2, 255lbs
Shayne Skov, Stanford, 6'3, 244lbs
Kevin Reddick, UNC, 6'2, 240lbs
Michael Mauti, PSU, 6'2, 242lbs

Notes: Nico Johnson, Arthur Brown are some of the other senior linebacker prospects I could have included

I'll try and work my way through the Sr class over the next week or so and post some brief notes on a few of the prospects.

Last edited by twelve283 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

twelve283

Back to top Go down

2013 Draft Prospects - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Draft Prospects

Post by BamBam Fri 08 Mar 2013, 11:35 pm

I read a bit about him yesterday, great story! Will look up that bowl game if I can

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:51 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Anybody seen anything of Jamie Collins? Saw today Mayock has him #2 for 3-4 OLB but hadn't heard of him until reading that.
Collins' Combine workout, 11'7 broad, 41.5 vertical and ran in the low 4.6s at 250lbs, generated some buzz but that seems to have faded now. In the games I watched I did not see a 1st round pick, maybe top 64, but I do plan to go back and watch more of Collins.

Derbyblue wrote:Apparently Menelik Watson is being seen as a 1st rounder by some teams due to the amount of potential. Though he never played the sport over here have to feel a British guy going in the 1st round should be a boost to the sport.
I'd love to see him go in the first round, don't think i'd be comfortable selecting him top 32 though.

Updated top 40 big board from SI.com's Chris Burke:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130301/2013-nfl-draft-big-board-3/Burke has taken over from Tony Pauline.

NFL.com Updated position rankings from Mike Mayock:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000146289/article/mike-mayock-alters-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

CBS/NFL Draft SCout Dane Brugler's Combine risers and fallers:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/risersandfallers

CBS/NFL Draft Scout Rob Rang has updated his top 64 big board:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/21787342/big-board-postcombine-thoughts-on-players-moving-up-down

Post Combine scout talk
NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt looks at possible future pro bowlers:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000147380/article/eric-fisher-ezekiel-ansah-among-drafts-future-pro-bowl-players

CBS Sports NFL Insider Pat Kirwan matches DL prospects with defensive schemes:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/21823671/in-deep-pool-of-d-line-talent-schemes-will-dictate-picks

Twitter quotes
Mayock on Path to Draft: Texas A&M's Christine Michael is as talented as any RB in the draft; boom-or-bust unlikely to get out of 2nd round.
Chris Wesseling
Margus Hunt is one of the most intriguing players I've ever evaluated. I don't think he's solely a 3-4 DE. He could be a giant 4-3 DE.
Daniel Jeremiah
Mayock on Arkansas RB Knile Davis: "I think he's getting pushed up some charts and looking more like a 2nd- or 3rd-round pick."
Evan Silva

Other media quotes
"I think he's (Ziggy Ansah) worth a pretty high pick because I think he can become that guy, and pass rushers are at a major premium in the NFL. Don't forget at Brigham Young he wasn't necessarily used as an edge-rusher," "He was used all over the defensive line, even at nose tackle. So you didn't necessarily see a ton of snaps in which he was rushing off the edge. But that size, six-five plus, 271 pounds, that kind of body movement and athleticism, there's not many guys like that. I know he's raw but I don't you can let that guy slip into the second round."
Greg Cosell
"He (Dion Jordan) looked like a wide receiver at the combine. I think Dion Jordan is very flexible for a big man," "And we saw what flexibility does with someone like Pierre-Paul for the Giants when he came out of college. Now Jordan is not exactly the same guy but I think he has that kind of flexibility and body control that he could become a very good pass-rusher."
Greg Cosell
More analysis from Cosell:http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000147541/Who-is-best-defensive-player-in-draft

NFL.com Gil Brandt's pro day blog:http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/Pro day updates and notes.

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline post Combine notes:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6805
Two corners who came out of the combine with significantly elevated draft stock were Jamar Taylor of Boise State and Darius Slay of Mississippi State. Taylor could go top forty while its not out of the question that Slay is selected ahead of his teammate, Jonathan Banks.
Pro Day updates from the same source:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6811
Offensive linemen Travis Frederick and Ricky Wagner participated only in position drills and were underwhelming at that. Scouts were surprised Frederick, who ran poorly during the combine, did not at least attempt another forty.
DeAndre Hopkins/WR: Was timed as fast as the low 4.4’s on a number of watches but was later given an “official” time of 4.52. Except for two drops late in the session his pass catching workout was described as “dazzling”.
Damontre Moore/OLB-DE: He then completed position drills to mixed reviews. Overall people we spoke with said Moore did not look all that athletic as he was straight up and down in bag drills and was not very fluid moving about the field. We were alerted to the fact that Moore evidently tweaked his hamstring during the 3-cone, which he was not scheduled to run. Fact is people from Texas A&M were not surprised by Moore’s poor forty time or the fact he’s come across as marginally athletic; that’s the type of prospect he is though everyone points out he’s a tremendous football player.

Mark Eckel The Times Scouts grade TE and WR prospects:http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2013/03/eckel_grading_the_nfl_draft_pr.html
Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech, 6-2, 195 — “I’m not a big fan. He’s just a guy. The best he’s going to be is a No. 3 for you, if that.”
Terrance Williams, Baylor, 6-2, 205 — “He has some ability, and his speed (4.52 at the NFL Combine) is deceptive. He’s just not ready. He needs a lot of work. If you’re a team that can wait, he may turn in to something pretty good.”
That's where I am on Patton and Williams, Patton for me is more of a #2/3 receiver and Williams needs a lot of refinement.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:04 pm

Good post. I hae a couple of thoughts.

Christine Michael is a horrible person. The Jets have been very interested in him apparently and met on more than one occasion. The last thing we need is another locker room disturbance with leaders like Pouha, DeVito and Revis all speculated to leave. I hope we don't draft him. We need a speed back like Andre Ellington anyway.

DeAndre Hopkins is my favourite receiver in the draft. He's arguably the most polished and he doesn't rely in speed to make plays. That's a positive in my book because it shows that he has good technique. That's why I like Stedman Bailey if he falls to the 3rd. Hopkins met with Rex face to face at his pro day which is nice to hear.

NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm

NYJ wrote:DeAndre Hopkins is my favourite receiver in the draft. He's arguably the most polished and he doesn't rely in speed to make plays. That's a positive in my book because it shows that he has good technique. That's why I like Stedman Bailey if he falls to the 3rd. Hopkins met with Rex face to face at his pro day which is nice to hear.
Depends what you're looking for in a WR, team X might value a WR higher than team Y based on system fit, same as any position really. I'd prefer a more dynamic receiver or a prospect with that kind of upside, such as Cordarrelle Patterson, if I was to use an early pick as there are plenty of possession types in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I still like Keenan Allen but there are questions over whether he's a #1 receiver and i'm more concerned about his health now, moreso than either Lotulelei or Jones, as his PCL issue seems to be lingering on. At least we don't have anything definitve on Lotulelei yet and the consensus seems to be Jones has passed his combine medicals.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 10 Mar 2013, 3:44 pm

twelve283 wrote:
NYJ wrote:DeAndre Hopkins is my favourite receiver in the draft. He's arguably the most polished and he doesn't rely in speed to make plays. That's a positive in my book because it shows that he has good technique. That's why I like Stedman Bailey if he falls to the 3rd. Hopkins met with Rex face to face at his pro day which is nice to hear.
Depends what you're looking for in a WR, team X might value a WR higher than team Y based on system fit, same as any position really. I'd prefer a more dynamic receiver or a prospect with that kind of upside, such as Cordarrelle Patterson, if I was to use an early pick as there are plenty of possession types in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I still like Keenan Allen but there are questions over whether he's a #1 receiver and i'm more concerned about his health now, moreso than either Lotulelei or Jones, as his PCL issue seems to be lingering on. At least we don't have anything definitve on Lotulelei yet and the consensus seems to be Jones has passed his combine medicals.

Yeah, I think Hopkins is great value in the 2nd (pick #39 for us) but wouldn't take him in the top half of the first round. I wouldn't touch Patterson unless I was on a team with other receiving options. He's so raw in his route running that I fear he becomes easily defendable. That's just my opinion though. Maybe if we didn't have Sanchez throwing the ball, I'd take the potential ability rather than the solid receiver like Hopkins and Bailey.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm

Not sure if twelve posted this but Rotoworlds Josh Norris' top 100 rankings: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42740/325/top-100-big-board

Thought it was interesting he has Arthur Brown at #8 when I know this board disagrees.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:05 pm

Khaseem Greene at 84. Crazy.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Not sure if twelve posted this but Rotoworlds Josh Norris' top 100 rankings: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42740/325/top-100-big-board

Thought it was interesting he has Arthur Brown at #8 when I know this board disagrees.
Brown is in the top 32 big board I posted back at the start of February.
38. S D.J. Swearinger, South Carolina
Where he wins: Big hitter that can set the tone for a defense. Interchangeable safety in the back half. Showed well at cornerback when asked to play the position, but natural fit at safety. Feisty, downhill player.
Vaccaro, Rambo and Swearinger are my highest rated safety prospects, though I still have work to do on the position along with the quarterbacks.
76. DE Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky
Where he wins: Eats up a lot of ground getting upfield off the snap, shows a nice dip to turn the corner against right tackles and free his path towards QBs. Not a one trick pony, shows willingness to plant outside and work in.
Good to see Smith get some love.
87. CB D.J. Hayden, Houston
Where he wins: Quick player who always seems to play on his toes. Fluid in backpedal and hand fights to generate some separation against the run. Very comfortable in zone coverages, rides receiver until he leaves zone, quickly picks up the next with good vision. Also showed admirably in press man coverage, especially when turning to locate the football.
Hayden would have been in the top 32 discussion for me if it wasn't for the health issues.

Worth noting because of the discussion in the other thread, Norris has Fisher ranked above Joeckel and Johnson.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

Jonathan Cyprien is my favourite Safety. He is always making plays.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 26 Mar 2013, 9:08 am

NFL draft prospect Menelik Watson globe trots, dabbles in basketball before finding 'natural' fit

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 12 Apr 2013, 4:04 pm

Interesting that the Eagles are cancelling the visit of Milliner: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/12/dee-milliner-wont-visit-with-eagles/
Wonder if that means they aren't taking him or simply don't see the need to hold the visit.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 12 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm

These are two pretty interesting articles on Bleacher Report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1597000-2013-nfl-draft-finding-the-biggest-steals-in-the-late-rounds Had only heard of Mauti and Bostic, interesting to have two QBs in the list as it's not often the late round QBs go on to be starters.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1599771-underclassmen-who-will-regret-declaring-for-the-2013-nfl-draft With 73 underclassmen in the draft this list could easily be longer.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:29 pm

Josh Johnson, Michael Mauti and Quanterus Smith are all players I love from that list - especially the latter who I have in the 2nd/3rd Round range when healthy.

Bit surprised they mentioned Johnson's ability in zone coverage as I think he excels more in man. He didn't run fast but has good instincts and quick reactions to get his hands in there to break up the ball. He completely shut down Tyler Eifert against Notre Dame, defending 4 passes and forcing a fumble in man coverage.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 12 Apr 2013, 10:31 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Interesting that the Eagles are cancelling the visit of Milliner: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/12/dee-milliner-wont-visit-with-eagles/
Wonder if that means they aren't taking him or simply don't see the need to hold the visit.

used to be under Andy Reid, they'd always end up grabbing someone they weren't linked to through visits etc. They've still worked him out I think, so its likely a smokescreen.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 13 Apr 2013, 1:01 am

@dpbrugler4h
Take this for what it's worth: was told that if OT Menelik Watson isn't in your 1st rnd mock, then you should "throw it away and start over"

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

Derbyblue wrote:@dpbrugler4h
Take this for what it's worth: was told that if OT Menelik Watson isn't in your 1st rnd mock, then you should "throw it away and start over"
Ah two weeks before the draft, a time of confusion and misinformation. Very Happy

I should have an updated (final) big board posted in the next week and then a mock draft posted a couple of days before the actual event.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:54 pm

Haha yeah I know you can't put too much value in what he's heard, but it's nice that Watson is being at least considered as a 1st rounder can only do positive things for the games over here.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

Here are a few names I have seen well touted:-

Sander Commings
Reid Fragel
Marcus Lattimore
Sio Moore

I don't know much about them. Sio Moore croped up when I was looking at ratings/ stats so could be one to look out for.

Last edited by mikeygnfl on Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:28 pm

NYJ wrote:Jonathan Cyprien is my favourite Safety. He is always making plays.
A lot of teams have been looking at him in the past few weeks.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 16 Apr 2013, 6:00 pm

I was going to write an article on late round gems but thought it would be better if I wait until after the draft to see where players are selected.

Here's my list anyway:

Mark Harrison (WR, Rutgers)
DC Jefferson (TE, Rutgers)
Justice Cunningham (TE, South Carolina)
Dennis Johnson (RB, Arkansas)
Kerwynn Williams (RB, Utah State)
Duke Williams - (SS, Nevada)
Sean Renfree (QB, Duke)
Kwame Geathers - (DT, Georgia)
Josh Johnson (CB, Purdue)
Cornelius Washington (OLB, Georgia)
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:14 pm

mikeygnfl wrote:Here are a few names I have seen well touted:-

Sander Commings
Reid Fragel
Marcus Lattimore
Sio Moore
Watching Georgia I think Commings has some attributes/skills which should translate to the NFL. Lack of fluidity was the knock on him.

Marcus Lattimore is probably a 1st round pick without the injury.

NYJ wrote:I was going to write an article on late round gems but thought it would be better if I wait until after the draft to see where players are selected.

Here's my list anyway:

Duke Williams - (SS, Nevada)
Duke Williams is a good shout, pretty sure I have written about him in this thread.

Here is my updated 2013 NFL Draft Top 32 Big Board

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC
Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah
Shariff Floyd, DL, Florida
Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Jesse Williams, DL, Alabama
Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU
Sheldon Richardson, DL, Misouri
Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Keenan Allen, WR, California
Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU
Kawann Short, DL, Purdue
DJ Hayden, CB, Houston
Tank Carradine, DE, FSU
Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina
Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

Notes:
Back in Jan/Feb when I posted my initial Top 32 Big Board I mentioned four prospects who, IMO, had 1st round talent but also had injury concerns. Since then DJ Hayden and Tank Carradine have been working out for teams and I've decided to include them in the Top 32 discussion this time around.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 21 Apr 2013, 1:13 pm

Some additional notes on my rankings:
Keenan Allen drops as a result of that lingering ankle injury. I said at the time that Keenan Allen's injury was concerning me more than the ? over either Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones.

Damontre Moore is a prospect i've never ranked as high as others.

I think Bacarri Rambo could be very good playing from a deep position, needs to land in the right system.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 21 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

What makes you put Jarvis Jones at 5?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 21 Apr 2013, 1:35 pm

Derbyblue wrote:What makes you put Jarvis Jones at 5?
Watching him play the game. Wink Very Happy Put it this way, I would have a lot of questions for anyone who didn't have Jones in the top 10.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 21 Apr 2013, 3:32 pm

Bob McGinn JSOnline position-by-position NFL draft preview series leading up to the draft:
Rankings and scouts notes
Quarterbacks:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/the-journal-sentinels-bob-mcginn-assesses-the-top-quarterbacks-in-the-draft-next-week-included-is-each-players-height-weight-40yard-dash-time-and-projected-round-rt9i5sb-203862401.html

Running Backs:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/the-journal-sentinels-bob-mcginn-assesses-the-top-quarterbacks-in-the-draft-next-week-included-is-each-players-height-weight-40yard-dash-time-and-projected-round-rt9i5sb-203862401.html

Wide Receivers:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/draft18g-rt9i5uk-203525881.html

OL:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/draft19g-rt9i5uh-203726121.html

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 5:50 pm

Bob McGinn JSOnline position-by-position NFL draft preview series leading up to the draft (Part 2):
Rankings and scouts notes
DL:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/top-defensive-linemen-in-nfl-draft-rt9i5la-204028711.html

LB:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/nfl-draft-linebacker-prospects-rt9i5l5-204215641.html

DB: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/cornerbacks-and-safeties-at-a-glance-rt9i5i1-204405151.html

Observations and Notes

Reading the quotes scouts seem to like Le'Veon Bell and I know than Bucky Brooks has championed him since the start of the draft season but I never saw a special/dynamic runner when watching him. I can see positive traits that will endear him to scouts but I thought he looked slow on the field, certainly slower than he clocked at the Combine. Paul Emery of Football Diner had similar thoughts on Bell to my own,
It was a surprise when he ran a decent 40 time at the Combine (low 4.6's) and certainly when looking him run stretch plays he looks more high 4.7's/low4.8's....On the positive side, he's a complete back. A very natural receiver and excellent in pass protection

I noticed on Johnathan Franklin one scout said,
"He's small and slow. You like the vision and run instincts and production. But he's not a starter."
Franklin is another RB prospect I never really clicked with even though the scouting community seems to have a high grade on him.

"For a team to take him in the first (round) and say, 'We're going to throw you out there in Day One,' that's really unfair to that kid,"
This comment on Menelik Watson is worth noting when thinking about him as a 1st round pick, and I remember this question being asked on another forum - if you cant start him year one (in a significant capacity) then is a prospect worth a 1st round pick? I couldn't give Watson a 1st round grade.

"He's a first-rounder to me. If people don't like him they're crazy. He's better than (Peter) Konz and (Kevin) Zeitler from last year.
This quote about Travis Frederick surprised me TBH but I do remember reading that scouts really liked him earlier in the season.

"Does it translate to football? Only time will tell. When he has some distance between him and the tackle, like when he's a 4-3 end, that's where he actually showed a little more."
This is what I saw when watching Margus Hunt, i'm thinking 43 end and inside nickel rusher rather than 34 end.

"Those idiots on TV made Floyd,"
Some polarising opinion on Shariff Floyd.

"Really talented but it's like once every five plays," another scout said. "Which is just like Ngata was coming out. He's athletic like that and he could be powerful."
IMO, on his day, Star Lotulelei is the best DL in the draft.

"I really don't know what his problem is. You watch one game and he stinks, then another game he was good and you really got to like him." Long arms (34¾) and good strength. "He could do whatever he wants to do," said a third scout. "He's a three-down guy who can play nose or three-technique."
I know many don't rate him but I saw too many good things watching him play to not put a high grade on him. Paul Emery mentions a couple of things in his evaluation which I think are worth noting when thinking about Kawann Short's 2012 tape,
He looked heavy and slow in 2012. His play was better in 2011 and I did wonder if he added some weight which limited his explosiveness.
I read some stuff about a change in role/responsibilities as well.

There seems to be some differing views on Alabama's Jesse Williams as well,
"He's one of the safest guys," another scout said. "Because he's big, he's tough, he's got strong hands, he runs pretty well. He is stiff."... a third scout said."He's kind of in there battling. He's just not ready for prime time yet. He's a skinny lower-body guy. I think he's way overhyped."

On Jarvis Jones,
"Remember Terrell Suggs?" one scout said. "This is a similar situation. Suggs ran 4.85 and this kid ran 4.95. I don't care what people say about his speed. He is a great pass rusher. He's very quick in a short area. He has innate balance and body control. He really knows how to use his hands. He's street-smart savvy is what he is. He can function in coverage because he's a great athlete. Don't ever forget that about him. And he's an OK kid."
Top 10 player IMO.

"Is he a really good player? No," another scout said. "He's a good player with some potential depending on what kind of person he is. He played down (in '12), but I suspect he can stand up. He's athletic enough to do that. He got some gimme sacks."
I've not been that high on Damontre Moore, think he's a 1st round talent but not top half. I know some guys really like him though, Paul Emery and Greg Cosell for example. One scout did say he liked Moore better than Jarvis Jones.

Some don't have a high grade on him, Paul Emery amongst them, but I see positive traits in Xavier Rhodes,
"He's a very, very good press corner right now," a third scout said. "He's a little bit tight and bulky, and struggles (playing) off. He plays OK in zones because he seems to understand things. I think he will gain weight and end up playing safety. Like his aggressiveness."
All things I have commented on in this thread, it's a copycat league and a big corner who can press can have success in this league, I think he's a smart player, might have a fallback option of moving to safety, tough player.

"He was better covering in front of him than when he has to turn and run deep," a fourth scout said. "Decent cover guy. He's a good college player, but I don't see special in him."
Don't have a 1st round grade on Desmond Trufant.

"He's the new breed of safety that you need," one scout said. "Real athletic. Ball skills. Covers. He just short-circuits a lot and is not always aggressive. As far as the cover stuff, he's probably the best of the group."
Don't know that he's the "new breed" of safety but as a deep centre safety he could be good.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4