The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Draft Prospects

+7
GSC
Pr4wn
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
Colan (niner)
twelve283
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2013 Draft Prospects Empty 2013 Draft Prospects

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:16 pm

Random 2013 NFL Draft thoughts

Running Backs
Montee Ball, Wisconsin, 5’09, 212lbs
Knile Davis, Arkansas, 6’0, 226lbs
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh, 5’09, 195lbs
Andre Ellington, Clemson, 5’10, 190lbs

Notes: Few big + fast RB’s in the class, smaller, speed types more prevalent.

Wide Receivers
Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas, 6’3, 209lbs
Terrance Williams, Baylor, 6’2, 190lbs

Notes: The Senior WR class is lacking in top talent and will not match the depth of last season. This could change with an injection of Junior talent.

Defensive Linemen
Star Lotulelei, Utah, 6’3, 325lbs
Kawann Short, Purdue, 6’3, 310lbs
Jesse Williams, Alabama, 6’3, 320lbs
Joe Vellano, Maryland, 6’2, 285lbs

Notes: It should be a good year for interior defensive linemen with the four i've mentioned plus others such as UNC’s Sylvester Williams and Jon Jenkins of Georgia.

Defensive Ends
Dion Jordan, Oregon, 6’6, 246lbs
Alex Okafor, Texas, 6’4, 260lbs
Margus Hunt, SMU, 6’7, 288lbs
John Simon, Ohio State, 6’2, 270lbs

Notes: Strong class of pass rushers, even without the top underclassmen. This class has the potential to be one of the best in recent years.

Linebackers
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame, 6'2, 255lbs
Shayne Skov, Stanford, 6'3, 244lbs
Kevin Reddick, UNC, 6'2, 240lbs
Michael Mauti, PSU, 6'2, 242lbs

Notes: Nico Johnson, Arthur Brown are some of the other senior linebacker prospects I could have included

I'll try and work my way through the Sr class over the next week or so and post some brief notes on a few of the prospects.

Last edited by twelve283 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

twelve283

Back to top Go down

2013 Draft Prospects Empty Re: 2013 Draft Prospects

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:19 pm

Running Backs
Knile Davis, Arkansas, 6’0, 226lbs
Davis had an excellent sophomore season which landed him firmly on my radar as a prospect to watch going forward, he started 2010 as part of a rotation in the Arkansas backfield and ended it with 1322 yards on the ground on 204 rushing attempts and 13 rushing touchdowns. Unfortunately he missed all of 2011 due to a fractured ankle he sustained in pre-season and will return to the field this year. I see him as one of the few backs in this year’s class with the ability to play all three downs in the NFL, with his ability to catch and block, however it remains to be seen whether the injury hinders him going forward. If he can return 100% and regains his speed/power combination then I can see him being one of the top rated RB in 2013.

Montee Ball, Wisconsin, 5’09, 212lbs
Ball returns to Wisconsin for his senior year after a 2011 season in which he amassed 1923 yards off of 307 carries and a whopping 33 rushing touchdowns. Ball is a powerful between the tackles runner with decent size and is not easy to bring down. Despite his outstanding junior year, in which he tied Barry Sanders’ NCAA record for total touchdowns (39), Ball decided to return to Wisconsin after being given an unfavourable grade by the NFL Draft Advisory Board. My main question mark with Ball, and I wonder if this had anything to do with the Draft Advisory grade, is how much does he benefit from an excellent Wisconsin OL opening up holes for him?

Ray Graham, Pittsburgh, 5’09, 195lbs
One of the Big East’s most explosive players last year, before going down with a knee injury and missing the last 4 games of the season. With Paul Chryst now running things in Pittsburgh, a healthy Ray Graham could be in for a big season in Chryst’s offense which is based on a strong running game. Graham is one of the most elusive running backs in the senior class and combines excellent cutting ability with impressive burst and speed. Not the most powerful and can be brought down fairly easily but he possesses good vision and burst inside and is a threat in open space on outside runs. He has good hands and RAC ability which make him a factor in the passing game as well.

Andre Ellington, Clemson, 5’10, 190lbs
Ellington is a smaller RB who is a good fit in the Clemson offense. He displays nice burst and acceleration, good speed and has an ability to break off big runs. He has experience in a variety of roles, including lining up in the wildcat, but being a smaller back I think he’s going to be limited in the NFL in terms of workload as, although not afraid of contact, he’s not a tough inside runner. Pass protection could also prove to be a problem for him. Despite his size he should still have the chance to be off the board early as physical limitations are often overlooked when it comes to prospects with speed and playmaking ability.

Wide Receivers
Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas, 6’3, 209lbs
With Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs all departing for the NFL Hamilton should get his chance to become a much more featured part of the Razorbacks offense this year. He has good size at 6’3, 209lbs and has been a big play receiver in the past for Arkansas, as a former track star he possesses plenty of speed to threaten outside the numbers and down the middle. He should be in line for a good season as Tyler Wilson’s number one target.

Terrance Williams, Baylor, 6’2, 190lbs
Just how much did Williams benefit from playing with Robert Griffin III and Kendall Wright last season? Not the most physical of receivers considering his size and would benefit from adding bulk and strength. He’s primarily been used on slants, screens, dig and go routes and does well to find space in zone coverage and also fairs well vs. man coverage. He did play against a lot of soft coverage last year.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1200310-2013-nfl-draft-prospects-my-interview-with-aaron-mellette-of-elon-university

makes more sense for me to post here, I'll post the Corey Lemonier, Isaiah Johnson, Margus Hunt and Larry Warford interviews too because they are all top 50 prospects for the 2013 NFL Draft

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

I think Knile Davis is the most pro-ready RB, he is better than Doug Martin who went in the 1st so I think he could go top 20 easy

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:46 pm

niner wrote:makes more sense for me to post here, I'll post the Corey Lemonier, Isaiah Johnson, Margus Hunt and Larry Warford interviews too because they are all top 50 prospects for the 2013 NFL Draft
This guy's potential is off the charts IMO, raw is so many ways but that just makes what he can do all the more impressive.

I plan to include Mellette in my small school prospects to watch.

niner wrote:I think Knile Davis is the most pro-ready RB, he is better than Doug Martin who went in the 1st so I think he could go top 20 easy
Love Davis but he needs to first prove he's 100% recovered.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

Here is the interview I had two days ago with Margus:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1204717-2013-nfl-draft-prospects-smu-footballl-my-interview-with-margus-hunt

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

I can tell from speaking with him that he is a smart guy too. There are lots of guys with raw athletic ability like him but it's rare to see someone so smart that is also has amazing athletic skills

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 01 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

Do you think the Wisconsin O-line will mean people won't want to take Ball in the first couple of rounds?

Also isn't it pretty likely that Robert Woods declares and leaves USC early to improve the WR group? Other than that Walterfootball has Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Marquess Wilson as 1st round WR's and has Tyley Eifert the Notre Dame TE in the first too.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

I think Ball is a second rounder right now and I don't think teams will like his workload over the last few years, has taken punishment. Don't think the o-line will make much difference tbh, you can only work with what you have in front of you. Unless Woods has a terrible season, I can't see him staying when Barkley goes pro. Hunter, Wilson and Allen may have better potential than him, I'm always wary of receivers like Woods

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

niner wrote:I think Knile Davis is the most pro-ready RB, he is better than Doug Martin who went in the 1st so I think he could go top 20 easy

I thought he was a good one, but will have to see how he bounces back this year before I make a decision.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Do you think the Wisconsin O-line will mean people won't want to take Ball in the first couple of rounds?

Also isn't it pretty likely that Robert Woods declares and leaves USC early to improve the WR group? Other than that Walterfootball has Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Marquess Wilson as 1st round WR's and has Tyley Eifert the Notre Dame TE in the first too.

Point 1: No, it won't stop him going in the top couple in my opinion, but he wont go as high as his stats might otherwise suggest.

Robert Woods would be the number one receiver for sure and I fully expect him to go with Barkley this year.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 11:09 am

Great to see this thread up and running so early! I will definitely be looking out for a few of these guys come September.

Any thoughts on Marcus Lattimore? Is he likely to declare?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:34 pm

Defensive Linemen
Star Lotulelei, Utah, 6’3, 325lbs
Last season it was Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe being compared to Haloti Ngata for his intriguing Combine performance and Lotulelei is already drawing similar comparisons but with more on field substance. Lotulelei displays an impressive burst off the snap for a 325lbs DL and explodes into blockers, he’s also quick and shows very good lateral movement for his size. Lotulelei has demonstrated his athletic ability by being used in coverage on zone blitz plays and could potentially line up in either a 30 or 40 front at the next level.

Kawann Short, Purdue, 6’3, 310lbs
Short has racked up the sacks and TFL in Purdue’s defense over the last couple of years. When he’s on the field, and his motor’s running, he can be very disruptive and has often entrenched himself in the opponents backfield. Purdue have a new defensive coordinator this season after parting ways with Gary Emanuel but I don’t expect Short’s role will change or for him to be any less effective. He has shown versatility in that he’s lined up at both DT and DE in 4 man fronts and DE in 3 man fronts, demonstrates good hand use and awareness to find the football. Short’s motor can run hot and cold at times and he needs to work on his conditioning in order to be a consistent presence on the field. From initial viewing he looks better on the end of a 3 man line and I think this could be his best position in the pros.

Jesse Williams, Alabama, 6’3, 320lbs
Williams is slated to replace Josh Chapman at NT this upcoming season for the Crimson Tide after playing much of last season at DE in Alabama’s 3 man fronts. He’s another senior DL with size and good movement skills and should demonstrate his positional versatility by making a successful transition to NT while likely still playing some 34 DE and DT in 4 man fronts. He is still learning the game but his natural football instincts combined with his physical tools make him a very intriguing prospect.

Joe Vellano, Maryland, 6’2, 285lbs
Vellano doesn’t have ideal size at 6’2, 285lbs but I believe he’ll find a place on the field at the next level. He lines up at DT in Maryland’s 4 man fronts and is relentless vs. both run and pass, fighting off blocks and chasing down the quarterback. Despite his size he shows good strength and is a tacking machine, he racked up 20 tackles vs. Georgia Tech last season. Maryland are expected to move to an aggressive 34 scheme this season where Vellano will likely move from DT to DE. I don’t expect him to have any problem transitioning to the new position and it could be the type of scheme that allows him to excel. I see some similarities to former Michigan DT Mike Martin who was drafted by Tennessee in round 3 of the 2012 draft and also went under the radar.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

Love Jesse Williams, I've already mentioned my hopes of him going to the niners on here. Have you see much of Sylvester Williams too?, don't like North Carolina but he shows up well. Bennie Logan and Anthony Johnson have smilar potential to Michael Brockers too. I'm not so keen on Jonathon Hankins right now though, bit overrated

Really Like Vellano too, A.J Francis plays alongside him on the nose and he is pretty good too, I've been trying to set something up with them

Lattimore will declare I think, he won't want to risk more injuries by coming back for another year, he has all the potential in the world but I still think he is overrated right now

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:55 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Do you think the Wisconsin O-line will mean people won't want to take Ball in the first couple of rounds?

Just got word that he should hopefully be able to do a training camp interview with me, I think he and rogers may be better than any other receivers in the 2013 class

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

My interview with Corey Lemonier, every bit as good as Mingo and Montgomery right now and could be top 15 pick

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1207919-auburn-football-my-interview-with-2013-nfl-draft-prospect-corey-lemoneir

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

Defensive Ends
Dion Jordan, Oregon, 6’6, 246lbs
I’m very intrigued by Jordan. He shows some versatility by standing up and rushing from OLB as well as lining up at DE in 4 man fronts. Jordan has excellent length and utilises it well along with impressive speed and hand use to rush the passer, though he needs to learn to use his length better in the run game. He has a slight frame and needs to fill out and add strength in order to become a more dominant and rounded player. Has the ability to drop into coverage and demonstrates good movement and speed. If he can add lbs and strength while retaining his speed, quickness and flexibility I like his potential to be a high selection in 2013.

Margus Hunt, SMU, 6’7, 288
A native of Estonia Hunt’s upside is off the charts but he’s still very raw having only been involved with the game for a few years. He possesses unique physical attributes and utilises his combination of length and athletic ability to rush the passer effectively and make an impact on ST, he’s blocked 14 kicks in three years. Hunt has also been tasked with dropping into coverage on zone blitz schemes, further demonstrating his athleticism. His age combined with lack of football experience could be potential concerns and he needs to show an improvement vs. the run.

John Simon, Ohio State, 6’2, 270lbs
Simon is considered to be one of Ohio State’s most impactful defensive players. He’s a versatile defensive lineman who lines up at both DE and inside at DT in 4 man fronts and I’ve also observed him used in coverage on zone blitz plays. He exhibits good strength and a nonstop motor which allows him to outwork and wear down opponents. IMO he looks better when working inside and this is where he puts most pressure on the quarterback however he would be undersized for an inside role at the next level. As he lacks exceptional quickness to threaten the edge and currently lacks the size to play inside it’s difficult to define what kind of role he could play in the NFL.

Alex Okafor, Texas, 6’4, 260lbs
Okafor decided to return for his senior year which I think was the right decision as, despite having good physical tools, he’s still developing his game. He lines up at DE in both 40 and 30 fronts for Texas and also plays from a two point stance at times. Uses his size and length well and demonstrates good hand use. He’s adept at playing the run, sheds blocks well and finds the ball to make tackles. He also displays a non-stop motor that allows him to win consistently with energy and effort. Okafor could be more dominant on the field than he often is but I think scouts will be intrigued by a prospect who appears to be a good all round player with ++physical tools. He was arrested earlier this year on a charge of failure to obey a lawful order.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:28 pm

twelve, what do you think of Jonathan Banks I've just finished an interview with him and see him as a probable late first rounder but some see him going as late as the third.

Okafor is really good, Jeffcoat is getting more hype depite not actually doing that much

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

niner wrote:twelve, what do you think of Jonathan Banks I've just finished an interview with him and see him as a probable late first rounder but some see him going as late as the third.
I did a bit of work on him and the end of last season when it looked like he might declare early and I think he made the right decision to return to Mississippi State. Good size at 6'1, 185lbs, shows up in a number of different ways, utilised as a rusher, good ball skills, concentration and awareness lacking at times. Right now I would rank him below the corners who were taken in the 1st round in 2012.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

My Interview with possibly the best tight end in college football, Joe Fauria, UCLA:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1213006-ucla-football-my-interview-with-tight-end-joseph-fauria

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

Thanks again Niner Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

I thought Notre Dame's Tyler Eifert was going to be the top TE prospect this year?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

Between him and Eifert

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 27 Jun 2012, 9:52 pm

Eifert is much more well known though, and may be even better. I said he was 'possibly' the best because he is ranked as the number one tight end on some draft prospect sites like nfldraftscout and some others. He has all the physical skills and should thrive in an offence which is more friendly to him. Zach Ertz could be the best tight end as well possibly if he has another good year. I'm not really buying into the eifert hype too much yet because I think he was in a system that catered to him compared to players like Fauria, would still rank Kyle Rudolph as the better Notre Dame TE so far.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 02 Jul 2012, 5:27 pm

My interview with Nebraska TE Kyler Reed:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1220026-nebraska-football-interview-with-2013-nfl-draft-prospect-kyler-reed

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Linebackers
Manti Te’o, Notre Dame, 6’2, 255lbs
Considered by most draft followers to be the top rated LB prospect for the 2013 draft after he decided to return for his senior year, Te’o has the chance to cement himself as one of the top prospects overall. He’s possesses excellent size at 6’2, 255lbs and is a good athlete. Te’o is a physical downhill linebacker who is a real force vs. the run, wraps up and brings down opposing RBs at will. Although he’s a good athlete for his size speed is his enemy, especially when in coverage, but for a 255lbs LB he can still more than hold his own in this area and looks good enough in coverage to be an every down player at the next level.

Shayne Skov, Stanford, 6’3, 244lbs
After missing all but 3 games in 2011 with an MCL and ACL injury Skov will return to the Cardinals defense in 2012, but not before he serves a one game suspension after being arrested earlier in the year for driving under the influence. He’s used in both the base defense as well as nickel sub packages and is asked to cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield. Is also frequently used as a blitz LB and can get to the quarterback. Skov is quick around the LOS and can fight off blocks and find the ball vs. the run, he hits with power but needs to be a more consistent wrap up tackler. Will need to show he’s fully recovered. As a Junior he had 84 tackles, 10.5 for loss with 7.5 sacks.

Kevin Reddick, UNC, 6’2, 240lbs
The Tar Heels have lost outgoing senior Zach Brown, who was the leading tackler in 2011, leaving Kevin Reddick as the main man of the UNC linebacker unit. Reddick, who enters his fourth season as a starter, is not short of experience and is expected to be a leader in the North Carolina defense in 2012. At 6’2, 240lbs Reddick has good size and possesses impressive athleticism, he’s fast and can cover a lot of ground on the field quickly which allows him to undertake a number of roles, including routinely playing in coverage. He attacks the LOS quickly and fills holes and shoots gaps, displaying the ability to be a strong tackler when he’s got a clear route to the ball carrier. Prefers to slip past blockers rather than taking them on and could benefit from adding more strength in order to be more effective defeating and shedding blocks. Has the speed to reach the ball carrier on outside runs. It will be interesting to see how Reddick fares in North Carolina’s newly installed 425 defense.

Michael Mauti, PSU, 6'2, 242lbs
Mauti has only really flashed his underrated ability over the last few seasons due to knee injuries but he could have a big year in 2012, if he stays healthy. The linebacker U prospect plays the game with intensity and hits and tackles with power. Mauti has good size at 6’2, 242lbs and displays the ability to shed blocks, work his way through traffic and find the football. Mauti also makes a big impact on ST.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 13 Jul 2012, 9:47 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1211008-mississippi-state-football-my-interview-with-johnthan-banks

My Interview with maybe 2013's best CB

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 03 Aug 2012, 9:28 am

Oday Aboushi Interview, most natural college left tackle:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1209580-virginia-football-my-interview-with-2013-nfl-draft-prospect-oday-aboushi

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

Brad Sorensen Interview, small-school QB, thought to be best of them all in cfb

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1239823-southern-utah-football-interview-with-2013-nfl-draft-prospect-brad-sorensen

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:55 pm

Thanks for that. I've heard a bit about Sorensen and his potentially draft ability so that was quite interesting though he dodged most draft related questions!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 15 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

Yeah, I think I've done between 6-8 interviews with draft eligible prospects for next year and Tajh Boyd is the only one who seemed open when talking about it.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:16 pm

Who are peoples top 5 QBs? Only really know of Barkley and Geno Smith, well and Denard Robinson.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:50 pm

I'm not sure about "Top 5", but the guys I think are up the top end

But Matt Barkley (USU), Tyler Wilson (Arkansas), Logan Thomas (Virginia Tech), Geno Smith (West Virginia), Tyler Bray (Tennessee), Landry Jones (Oklahoma)...
Plus Aaron Murray (Georgia) if he was to declare, but I imagine he won't

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 18 Aug 2012, 2:34 pm

Barkley and Thomas are the only ones I have seen.

Who could be the RG3 of this year's class?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 18 Aug 2012, 5:23 pm

Don't think anyone has the talent of Rg3 but Logan Thomas is a guy who could be the number one overall pick if he has a really good season. Wilson, Smith, Barkley, Jones and Bray should be first rounders too, some of them should stay another year though

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

2013 NFL Draft Links

Dane Brugler of CBS Sports/NFL Draft Scout Top 5 prospects (includes underclassmen):
Clemson:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19339859/nfl-draft-clemson-tigers-preview
Boston College:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19333535/nfl-draft-boston-college-preview
Duke:http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/19346395/nfl-draft-duke-preview
Florida State:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19353938/nfl-draft-florida-state-preview
Miami:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19378044/nfl-draft-miami-fla-preview
Maryland:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19371059/nfl-draft-maryland-preview
North Carolina State:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19385103/nfl-draft-nc-state-preview
Virginia:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19397044/nfl-draft-virginia-preview
Cincinnati:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19419334/nfl-draft-cincinnati-preview
Pittsburgh:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19438503/nfl-draft-pittsburgh-preview
Temple:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19487001/nfl-draft-temple-preview
Syracuse:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19463121/nfl-draft-syracuse-preview
Notre Dame:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19497211/nfl-draft-notre-dame-preview
Iowa State:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19516633/nfl-draft-iowa-state-preview
Kansas:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19533335/nfl-draft-kansas-preview
Kansas State:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19542785/nfl-draft-kansas-state-preview
Oklahoma State:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19561118/nfl-draft-oklahoma-state-preview
Iowa:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19713344/nfl-draft-iowa-preview
Michigan:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19721691/nfl-draft-michigan-preview
Nebraska:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19748133/nfl-draft-nebraska-preview
Wisconsin:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19789187/nfl-draft-wisconsin-preview

Rob Rang of CBS Sports/The Sports Xchange Top 5 prospects (includes underclassmen):
Texas Tech:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19590138/nfl-draft-texas-tech-preview
West Virginia:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19595178/nfl-draft-west-virginia-preview
Arizona:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/19601727/nfl-draft-arizona-preview
Colorado:http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/19621057/nfl-draft-colorado-preview
Oregon:http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/19632853/nfl-draft-oregon-preview
Stanford:http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/19646962/nfl-draft-stanford-preview
Utah:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19669032/nfl-draft-utah-preview
Washington:http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/19678556/nfl-draft-washington-preview
UCLA:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19654027/nfl-draft-ucla-preview
Alabama:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19794568/nfl-draft-alabama-preview
Auburn:http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/19807826/nfl-draft-auburn-preview
Georgia:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/19828922/nfl-draft-georgia-preview

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:41 pm

Chad Reuter of NFLN (previously NFL Draft Scout) looks at his top prospects by position:
Quarterbacks:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a95f2d/article/matt-barkley-logan-thomas-headline-top-college-quarterbacks?module=HP11_cp
Defensive Ends:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a6cdec/article/texas-jackson-jeffcoat-headlines-top-college-defensive-ends
Tight Ends:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82ab1c81/article/notre-dames-tyler-eifert-tops-among-college-tight-ends

Had to lol at this article on NFLmocks:http://nflmocks.com/2012/07/29/2013-nfl-draft-preview-with-kyle-kensing/In what world are guys like Arthur Brown, Jo Fauria and Margus Hunt under the radar? Even guys like Aaron Mellette and Brad Sorensen are well known in draft circles.

Russ Lande of Sporting News previews his top prospects by position:
Defensive Tackle:http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-08-12/nfl-draft-2013-utahs-rising-star-lotulelei-tops-dt-list
Defensive End:http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-08-11/nfl-draft-2013-defensive-ends-rankings-michael-buchanan-barkevious-mingo
Linebacker:http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-08-18/nfl-draft-2013-georgias-jarvis-jones-notre-dames-manti-teo-top-lb-list
Safety:http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-08-19/nfl-draft-2013-top-safety-georgia-shawn-williams-eric-reid-lsu

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:55 am

Who are the standout O-linemen? I know Barrett Jones last years Outland Trophy winner has had to be moved to centre from LT, but surely a year at centre won't hurt his stock, I mean Tyron Smith was taken in the first after spending all his time at RT. Also does anyone know is that a move to LT because the new guy is better than him or simply because the drop off from him to the new person at LT is lower than the drop off from the leaving C and the back up?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:02 am

"drop off from him to the new person at LT is lower than the drop off from the leaving C and the back up" This.

Other standout lineman are D.J Fluker who also plays for Bama, Taylor Lewan (don't watch his performance yesterday though) of Michigan, Oday Aboushi of Virginia, Khaled Holmes of USC, Luke Joekel (spl) and Jake Matthews of Texas A&M, Seantrel Henderson of Florida, Tyler Moore of Nebraska, Chris Faulk and Alex Hurst of LSU, Wagner of Wisconsin and Cooper of N Carolina.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:30 pm

niner wrote:"drop off from him to the new person at LT is lower than the drop off from the leaving C and the back up" This.

Other standout lineman are D.J Fluker who also plays for Bama, Taylor Lewan (don't watch his performance yesterday though) of Michigan, Oday Aboushi of Virginia, Khaled Holmes of USC, Luke Joekel (spl) and Jake Matthews of Texas A&M, Seantrel Henderson of Florida, Tyler Moore of Nebraska, Chris Faulk and Alex Hurst of LSU, Wagner of Wisconsin and Cooper of N Carolina.
Thanks for the list niner will keep a look out, yeah that wasn't a great game for Lewan and ended with an injury plus didn't he get called for two facemasks?

I assumed it would be because of that but the few times I've heard them talk about the Alabam O-line on ESPN they've said things like "Barrett last year's Outland Trophy winner is being moved to C just to find him a spot on the field that's how talented this O-line is." so had to check.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:56 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Who are the standout O-linemen? I know Barrett Jones last years Outland Trophy winner has had to be moved to centre from LT, but surely a year at centre won't hurt his stock, I mean Tyron Smith was taken in the first after spending all his time at RT.
Versatility like that will never hurt a players stock. Tyron Smith was widely regarded to have the potential to play LT in the pros, if it wasn’t for Matt Kalil he would have been the LT for USC.

I watched the first half of South Carolina vs. Vanderbilt, focusing on the seniors.

It looks like Devonte Holloman has moved to SLB which puts him up around the LOS. He generally got himself involved in the play and did a pretty good job containing the run and attacking the LOS. Was able to get in the backfield on a couple of occasions but missed a tackle. He looks to have made the transition from DB without too much trouble.

Devin Taylor wasn’t very disruptive in the passing game but I think it was because the defensive plan was to play contain on Justin Rodgers. He was inconsistent vs. the run, losing contain on plays then making a TFL after overpowering and shedding his blocker. Just wasn’t able to get much going in terms of pressuring the QB. Dropped into zone coverage a few times.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:01 pm

I think Taylor put on about 15-20 lbs during the offseason so he should definitely be holding up against the run. Not a senior obviously, but Clowney does look like a star already, just an athletic freak

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

niner wrote:I think Taylor put on about 15-20 lbs during the offseason so he should definitely be holding up against the run. Not a senior obviously, but Clowney does look like a star already, just an athletic freak
Yeah Clowney was making plays in the first half, he wasn't someone I was paying close attention to though.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:32 pm

twelve283 wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:Who are the standout O-linemen? I know Barrett Jones last years Outland Trophy winner has had to be moved to centre from LT, but surely a year at centre won't hurt his stock, I mean Tyron Smith was taken in the first after spending all his time at RT.
Versatility like that will never hurt a players stock. Tyron Smith was widely regarded to have the potential to play LT in the pros, if it wasn’t for Matt Kalil he would have been the LT for USC.
He must be the most versatile O-lineman to have come out for a while? Already played at G and LT, now C, they mentioned he could end up winning 3 National championships playing a different position in each one.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

He is an amazing player, guys like Holmes and Gabe Ikard have switched from guard to center and vice versa with ease but to be athletic enough to excel as a LT as well is really rare. The guy is a leader too and any NFL team would be lucky to have him, so I suppose playing as a center lets his smarts and leadership abilities shine more than they would at guard.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 15 Sep 2012, 11:11 am

Just wondering who are the WRs you think are going in the top 2 rounds? Not really aware of any other than Robert Woods. Watching Washington State @ UNLV and they keep mentioning #86 Marquess Wilson as being a future 1st rounder.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

There Keenan Allen out of Cal.
There is also the "second" USC receiver whose name escapes me and may not be draft eligible next year anyway
Can't think of too many others off the top of my head other than those listed

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:28 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:There Keenan Allen out of Cal.
There is also the "second" USC receiver whose name escapes me and may not be draft eligible next year anyway
Can't think of too many others off the top of my head other than those listed

Marquis Lee? Spelling probably wrong

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:43 am

Josh Boyce of TCU , Terrance Williams of Baylor, Tavon Austin of WVU, Kenny Stills and maybe Cobi Hamilton are all probably second round prospects right now. Other than Wilson, Woods and Allen, Justin Hunter is probably the only true first round talent, but will depend on how he bounces back this year after his acl tear

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

Cheers guys.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next