The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Draft Prospects

+7
GSC
Pr4wn
BamBam
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
Colan (niner)
twelve283
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2013 Draft Prospects - Page 3 Empty 2013 Draft Prospects

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Jun 2012, 3:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Random 2013 NFL Draft thoughts

Running Backs
Montee Ball, Wisconsin, 5’09, 212lbs
Knile Davis, Arkansas, 6’0, 226lbs
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh, 5’09, 195lbs
Andre Ellington, Clemson, 5’10, 190lbs

Notes: Few big + fast RB’s in the class, smaller, speed types more prevalent.

Wide Receivers
Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas, 6’3, 209lbs
Terrance Williams, Baylor, 6’2, 190lbs

Notes: The Senior WR class is lacking in top talent and will not match the depth of last season. This could change with an injection of Junior talent.

Defensive Linemen
Star Lotulelei, Utah, 6’3, 325lbs
Kawann Short, Purdue, 6’3, 310lbs
Jesse Williams, Alabama, 6’3, 320lbs
Joe Vellano, Maryland, 6’2, 285lbs

Notes: It should be a good year for interior defensive linemen with the four i've mentioned plus others such as UNC’s Sylvester Williams and Jon Jenkins of Georgia.

Defensive Ends
Dion Jordan, Oregon, 6’6, 246lbs
Alex Okafor, Texas, 6’4, 260lbs
Margus Hunt, SMU, 6’7, 288lbs
John Simon, Ohio State, 6’2, 270lbs

Notes: Strong class of pass rushers, even without the top underclassmen. This class has the potential to be one of the best in recent years.

Linebackers
Manti Te'o, Notre Dame, 6'2, 255lbs
Shayne Skov, Stanford, 6'3, 244lbs
Kevin Reddick, UNC, 6'2, 240lbs
Michael Mauti, PSU, 6'2, 242lbs

Notes: Nico Johnson, Arthur Brown are some of the other senior linebacker prospects I could have included

I'll try and work my way through the Sr class over the next week or so and post some brief notes on a few of the prospects.

Last edited by twelve283 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

twelve283

Back to top Go down

2013 Draft Prospects - Page 3 Empty Re: 2013 Draft Prospects

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:55 pm

I just want Bacarri Rambo to be good so I can keep hearing his EPIC name.

Cheers for the write up

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 21 Jan 2013, 10:36 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I just want Bacarri Rambo to be good so I can keep hearing his EPIC name.

Cheers for the write up
No probs.

Just watched part of the 1st day of practice, missed about 20mins or so but tuned in just in time to see Poyer show some quick feet matched up with Wheaton and break up a pass. Next rep Trufant would have been called for a hold on his man, and that was pretty much the end of the drill.

DL - OL
Alex Okafor beat everyone he squared off against except for Eric Fisher. He showed nice hands working on RT Kyle Long and he beat Ricky Wagner despite Wagner committing what would have been a false start.

OT Eric Fisher was the standout OL as he owned Michael Buchanan with perfect technique on his 1st rep then held off Okafor who had been crushing his opponents to that point.

OL David Quessenberry out of SJSU was another standout for me lined up at guard, he played OT at San Jose. He kept his hands inside and showed nice strength and footwork on his 1st rep and then held off Margus Hunt on his 2nd.

Kyle Long looked better at OG than OT IMO, he was beat by Okafor on his 1st rep at RT then moved inside to guard and stoned Buchanan, although he couldn't stay with him.

Kawann Short and UCLA's Datone Jones both showed nice hands working inside, Jones in particular was impressive, showing some quickness off the line.

Good fun.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

I missed yesterday's senior bowl practices and fell asleep before the highlights show but here's what others have observed:

Tony Pauline Draft Insider practice notes,
North:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6689
South:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6679

Mon: Looked very slow to react and seemed non-instinctive on the field.

Tues: Another poor day for Rambo. Very late arriving on the scene and made plays after the fact.
Pauline obviously not a fan of Rambo, i'm surprised by the "non-instinctive" comment.

Mon: Johnson looked good in pass protection and showed a lot of athleticism. He needs to get stronger in his lower body as Johnson got pushed back off the ball a few times.

Tues: Terrific day for Johnson. Showed tremendous pass blocking skills, anchoring at the point and handling opponents. Really did not see him get beat once.
Three way fight to be the first OT off the board between Lane Johnson, Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel.

Tues: Looks the part and flashed ability yet at times was easily handled by opponents. Needs to really fine tune and polish his game.
Margus Hunt's frame and natural athleticism are intriguing but he needs work.

Tues: Solid day for short. Was impossible to stop on the inside at times and displayed a good change of direction with the ability to get outside the box and pursue plays.
I still have a high value on Kawann Short, people cooled on him a bit this year but he made a transition from a more attacking role to NT this season where he was frequently tasked with going up against a double team. I've already written about him a bunch but his combination of size, quickness off the snap and good hand use is exactly what you're looking for in a DL. One thing I don't like is that he struggles if he can't beat his man with initial burst/quickness.

Tues: Lined up at both guard and tackle. There’s a lot to like about his game; mechanics, athleticism, quickness. Needs work yet has an upside.
Only watched David Quessenberry once at SJSU after seeing his name mentioned a few times, good in pass protection but I think he needs some work as a run blocker, played OT at San Jose State but is playing guard at the senior bowl. I liked what I saw from him on Monday. Potential Sleeper.

Mon: Patton: Very quick and sure handed. Made a lot of nice receptions today and ran good routes. Does not have that second gear.

Tues: Picked up the pace and even better today. Caught the ball well. Runs exceptional routes. Made all the catches everywhere on the field.
"The General" is quite similar to Stedman Bailey IMO but he runs a limited route tree and he lacks quickness which makes him less of a YAC threat.

GBN on Quinton Patten:
The most impressive WR I saw today was QUINTON PATTON/La Tech. At 6’0/202 he’s got nice size for the League. He also showed some really smooth route running and great hands today. He appears to be a pure hands-catcher and I am anxious to see what his 40-time turns out to be at the COMBINE. He got open deep several times today and had some very nice receptions. On his longest play he made a tumbling End Zone catch after about 20-yrads worth of hand fighting with the CB trying to cover him. As I watched him work today I had visions of a young GREG JENNINGS dancing in my head. I wonder if TED THOMPSON saw the same thing? Seeing as the PACKERS may need to replace JENNINGS on their roster for the 2013 season and beyond, the question now becomes how early will PATTON go in April. I’ve seen
nothing the last two days to change my mind that PATTON is a solid 2nd Rounder. He could be gone unless a team like the PACKERS, in need of a new potential No. 1 receiver, is willing to take him late in Round 1.
http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlreport.htm

Tuesday "Risers and Fallers" from CBS Sports/NFL Draft Scout Dane Brugler:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21599642/2013-senior-bowl-tuesday-risers-fallers

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 23 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm

Cheers for the write ups Twelve.

How do you feel about Fisher/Johnson rising up to the 1st round? Do you think they would be up that high if Lewan and Matthews had declared?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 23 Jan 2013, 6:18 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Cheers for the write ups Twelve.

How do you feel about Fisher/Johnson rising up to the 1st round? Do you think they would be up that high if Lewan and Matthews had declared?
Well I had Fisher and Johnson as first round value before the senior bowl so nothing has changed for me, I haven't seen Johnson at practice yet but by all accounts he's crushing it as well. Here's what Dane Brugler said about him in the article I linked above:
There is no question that Eric Fisher has been spectacular thus far, but Lane Johnson has also been impressive and isn't far behind Fisher in the tackle rankings. Lining up at both left and right tackle, he has looked very natural in his kickslide off the snap with a very wide base to cover a lot of ground, not lumbering or struggling to adjust to edge rushers. Johnson has only two years of experience on the offensive line and it shows at times, but his combination of length (35-inch arms), hand strength and movement skills should guarantee him a spot in the top-20 picks, possibly in the top-15.
It's difficult to say how things would shake out (in terms of ranking them) if Matthews and Lewan had entered the draft - I just haven't done as much work on them. I watch the seniors through the season and then look at prospects who leave early.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:19 pm

Senior Bowl scout talk

Bucky Brooks' Senior Bowl standouts:http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/0ap1000000130235/article/markus-wheaton-lane-johnson-among-senior-bowl-standouts

Tony Pauline Draft Insider Senior Bowl notes:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6703
A quarterback coach we trust in made a fair point on Mike Glennon’s first round potential; teams will have to decide whether or not he’s coachable and a quick learner. If those answers turn out to be affirmative then he will be a first round pick.
Scouts have said Desmond Trufant/CB/Washington is a lock first round pick.
This surprised me, didn't have that kind of value on Trufant. Certainly didn't see him as a "lock" first rounder.

Daniel Jeremiah Senior Bowl notes:http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/0ap1000000129595/article/eric-fisher-displays-top10-talent-major-red-flag-on-justin-pugh

"I can't believe some of these teams are trying to talk themselves into (N.C. State QB) Mike Glennon. I don't see it." -- NFC personnel executive
"I don't think it's a done deal that (Texas A&M's Luke) Joeckel will be the top offensive tackle taken. In my opinion, Fisher has more upside." -- AFC Scout
I honestly think Lane Johnson might have the most "upside" of the three.
In five years, (Georgia NT) John Jenkins will be a multi-year Pro Bowler or he'll be out of the league. I don't think there will be anything in between." -- NFC executive

More notes from Jeremiah:http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/0ap1000000130606/article/desmond-trufants-draft-stock-soaring-ezekiel-ansah-too-raw
Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington: Trufant has been the top cornerback in Mobile. He has shown outstanding foot quickness, agility and ball skills. Most teams that I spoke with prior to the Senior Bowl had Trufant pegged as a middle-of-the-second-round-type player. Following three days of practice, nearly every personnel executive I spoke with considers him a likely first-round pick.
That's the kind of value I have on him as well, might have to go back and see what I missed.
Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas: Every time Goodwin lines up for a repetition in one-on-ones, there is a hush in the crowd. NFL evaluators have been intoxicated by his explosiveness off the line of scrimmage and ability to find another gear when the ball is in the air. He has been caught up in press coverage a few times this week, but his overall performance has left quite an impression on clubs in need of a home-run hitter at receiver.
Doesn't surprise me Goodwin's speed grabbed scouts' attention.Laugh

Watching the South practice last night Mike Mayock made a couple of comments on the RBs which I agree with 100%
He likes Mike Gillislee and thinks he's "underrated".
He thinks Stepfan Taylor can be a 3 down back and said he "does everything good but nothing great"

Taylor's potential to be a 3 down player increases his value but I don't rate him as highly as some precisely because of what Mayock said about him, just not "great" in any area IMO.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 26 Jan 2013, 9:45 pm

Well Mike Glennon has been pretty average to rubbish so far in the Senior Bowl!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 27 Jan 2013, 5:13 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:Well Mike Glennon has been pretty average to rubbish so far in the Senior Bowl!
I had to miss the game (first time in years).

Walter Cherepinsky Senior Bowl stock up/down:http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013stock.php
Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
Ezekiel Ansah was just OK in the Senior Bowl practices because he was thinking too much. He stopped thinking and just played during the game, and the result was a dominant performance. Ansah destroyed every lineman he went up against. He put tons of pressure on the quarterbacks and stopped ball-carriers for minimal gains (or losses). He also recorded a strip-sack of Ryan Nassib.
Sounds like Ansah had an impressive game, Scott Wright and Shane Hallam were also singing his praises here:http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/Game.phpAnsah was disappointing in practice according to most of the reports (here for example:http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-senior-bowl-top-five-prospects-who-added-concerns-to-their-scouting-report.html, I only had one chance to watch the South team practice and I must admit he didn't stand out, but I liked him at BYU so I wasn't really sure what to make of his poor practice sessions. Good to see he showed up in the game like he did at BYU.

Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
As Charlie Campbell wrote, "One scout who has had success finding running backs is a fan of Gators running back Mike Gillislee. He believes that Gillislee could reward the team that drafts him with the ability to play on all three downs. The scout said that Gillislee is a good worker who really prepared himself well in the weight room for the 2012 season when he finally had a chance to be the starter with Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps out of Gainesville." Gillislee showed great running ability during the game, rushing for 46 yards on 10 carries.
One of my top rated senior RBs, would not be surprised to see Gillislee off the board earlier than expected.

Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Lane Johnson went into Senior Bowl week as a fringe first-round prospect, but he definitely solidified that standing with a great performance in Mobile. He's not sound as Eric Fisher, but he moves his feet extremely well for his position and possesses tons of upside. There's a good chance he now gets taken off the board in the 16-24 range.
Dare I say Johnson might have more upside than Fisher or Joeckel even if he isn't as polished right now, he should do well at the Combine.

David Quessenberry, OT/G/C, San Jose State
David Quessenberry, a former tight end, showed off his athleticism at the Senior Bowl. He won most of his one-on-one battles. Even better, he showed that he can play all five positions on the offensive line, including center. He figures to be chosen on Day 2 this April.
I've added Quessenberry to my potential sleepers list. Rob Rang highlights him here:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21616127/scouts-five-who-truly-raised-their-stock-during-senior-bowl-practices
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State: A former walk-on tight end who started the past three seasons at left tackle, Quessenberry was asked to play virtually every position up front for the North team this week. With a broad-shouldered, long-armed frame (6-5, 294 pounds) that looks capable of handling another 15 pounds with some work in an NFL weight room, he drew positive notes from scouts during Monday's weigh-in and played well throughout the week. He demonstrated athleticism, strength and the mental toughness to handle the jump in competition as well as the constant position changes.

I noticed in the box score that Bacarri Rambo had an interception. Lance Zierlin posted this on twitter: https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/statuses/295194312650678273
I mentioned earlier in the week that Bacari Rambo really struggled at times and wondered if he was hurt and indeed, his hamstring was a prob
I bring it up because the reports from practice suggested that Rambo had been slow to react and didn't look very instinctive the play which surprised me as that's not what i'd observed when watching him at Georgia, in fact it was the complete opposite.

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
There were a number of impressive corners in Mobile. Desmond Trufant was the best of the group. He routinely shut down receivers in the one-on-ones, which is more difficult than it already sounds since the wideout has the advantage in those drills. Multiple scouts and sources have indicated that Trufant will be chosen in the first round.
Watch him appear in every first round mock draft now.Laugh I'll have to have another look at Trufant.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Feb 2013, 8:57 pm

2013 Big Board

Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M, 6'6, 310lbs
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan, 6'7, 305lbs
Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama, 6'2, 322lbs
Jonathan Cooper, OG, UNC, 6'3, 310lbs
Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia, 6'2, 242lbs
Star Lotulelei, DL, Utah, 6'3, 320lbs
Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma, 6'6, 302lbs
Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama, 6'1, 198lbs
Shariff Floyd, DL, Florida, 6'3, 303lbs
Bjoern Werner, DE, FSU, 6'4, 256lbs
Keenan Allen, WR, California, 6'3, 210lbs
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee, 6'3, 205lbs
Jesse Williams, DL, Alabama, 6'3, 320lbs
Kawann Short, DL, Purdue, 6'3, 308lbs
Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon, 6'6, 243lbs
Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU, 6'5, 274lbs
Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU, 6'1, 217lbs
Sheldon Richardson, DL, Missouri, 6'3, 295lbs
Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame, 6'2, 255lbs
Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State, 6'1, 230lbs
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas, 6'1, 218lbs
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M, 6'4, 250lbs
Alex Okafor, DE, Texas, 6'5, 260lbs
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU, 6'1, 245lbs
Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia, 5'09, 175lbs
Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame, 6'5, 255lbs
Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford, 6'6, 250lbs
Johnathan Hankins, DL, Ohio State, 6'3, 320lbs
Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama, 5'10, 220lbs
Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia, 6'1, 215lbs
Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky, 6'3, 335lbs
Barrett Jones, OC, Alabama, 6'4, 305lbs

This is my top 32 as it currently stands, I expect changes between now and the draft.

4 prospects with injury questions who would have been in the top 32 discussion:
Cornellius 'Tank' Carradine, DE, FSU, 6'4, 265lbs
Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina, 6'0, 220lbs
Michael Mauti, LB, PSU, 6'2, 235lbs
DJ Hayden, CB, Houston, 6'0, 190lbs

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:26 pm

Just been reading through, seriously good work twelve. I haven't followed college football at all this year, and will start to look at draft stuff after the Super Bowl, but great write ups all the same!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 03 Feb 2013, 11:42 pm

BamBam wrote:Just been reading through, seriously good work twelve. I haven't followed college football at all this year, and will start to look at draft stuff after the Super Bowl, but great write ups all the same!
Cheers. Smile Hopefully once the NFL season is over we'll get some more discussion in here when people start looking towards the draft.

Notes on two British-born prospects
Menelik Watson, OL, FSU, 6'6, 320lbs
Watson has an interesting back story which is worth reading about (there's a link to an ESPN article on page 2) and his rise form having literally no football experience two years ago to being the Seminoles' starter at RT is pretty amazing. My initial thoughts are that he's not quite as raw as I was expecting for someone who has played as little football as he has and when he gets it right he can be pretty dominant. He's got a nice frame at 6'6, 320lbs and is very strong and powerful in his upper body and arms, i've seen him send opponents flying with his initial punch. He's got good feet, balance and can bend at the knees. His athleticism allows him to get out to the second level quickly and he's projetced to run the 40 yard dash in the 4.7s. Although he's more refined that I expected he's still got some work to do technique wise, he's not consistent with his hand placement, they get outside a lot and he has a tendancy to grab. There are indications that the game isn't natural to him yet and he's having to do a lot of thinking such as missed assignments and he'll stop/hesitate if the play doesn't develop as he expects. When he does get things right he can be a dominant player and I think it says a lot about his work ethic to go from nothing to where he is in such a short space of time.

Tom Wort, LB, Oklahoma, 6'0, 235lbs
I want to like Wort but after this season I'm not sure I still see him being a contributor in the NFL, which was my expectation at the end of last season. It looks like he was hurt by the scheme change this year as well as having a number of niggling injuries. I read some comments by fellow Sooner Corey Nelson that Wort was upset by the departure of Venables and that basically he stopped showing up for meetings and started leaving early, which is a bit concerning. Wort definitely looked more at home in a scheme where he could attack rather than asking him to read and react which isn't his strength. He struggles to shed blocks and with play recognition and locating the football. He'll too often bite on misdirection and get removed from the play and when he does put himself in position to make a tackle he'll often go for the big hit rather than wrap up. He didn't seem to play with the same intensity this season and he made fewer impact plays, partly due to scheme, and I don't know if he has a position in the NFL. If he's going to have success outside of a ST role then he'll have to be in a situation where the DL can keep him clean and he can attack downhill.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 04 Feb 2013, 7:59 pm

Ill try and get some more discussion going on here. But there's not too many college fans who know about the players right now and so It wouldn't be good if only a few were talking. Also should add great job twelve. As a huge fan of college football and the draft, I already know the majority of what you are saying but you are an invaluable source for newbies. Stories like menelik watson can get people interested as well. I'm sure like me you heard of him a few years ago but people can get behind him now .

I think the big board in my head is similar to yours, logan ryan is maybe the only change I'd have but not sure

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 2:21 pm

niner wrote:Ill try and get some more discussion going on here. But there's not too many college fans who know about the players right now and so It wouldn't be good if only a few were talking.
I think as people start to turn their attention towards the draft we'll hopefully get some more discussion in here.
niner wrote:I think the big board in my head is similar to yours, logan ryan is maybe the only change I'd have but not sure
CB is a tough position to evaluate IMO, I value size and physicality highly so I don't like corners who are afraid of contact. They have to be active in run support as well. Logan Ryan, who you mentioned, is a good example of a corner who can play near the LOS. Not everyone likes him because he's got some tightness to his game but Xavier Rhodes is a big, physical corner who is active in run support and can press. There is so much soft coverage in college football that a corner who can play physical press coverage is pretty rare.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 06 Feb 2013, 4:28 pm

I'm really not very high on Rhodes to be honest. I think he has potential but reminds me of Chris Culliver, only higher profile coming out of college. I like his size/speed combo but his ball skills are lacking from what I have seen and he gets called for so many penalties. Considering he has some of the most talented teammates in all of college football, I don't think he really cemented his spot as a top corner. Milliner is very physical too but I like how fluid he is . Rhodes only played mostly zone I believe as well, which isn't a problem, but just a reason I wouldn't touch him early, don't really know if he is a real cover corner. Every analyst that goes beyond his size usually says he doesn't have cornerback hips too, hence why I've said since last year that I'd like him more at safety. I also went on FLA St forums a lot during recruitment and fans openly said that Rhodes was very overrated and their freshman Ronald Darby was much more talented. I think Rhodes could become good but I'm not happy at how often he has been mocked to my niners. If we want a big physical corner, I'd rather give our second and smith to a qb needy team to move up for Milliner. Rhodes is just a less talented version of Jimmy Smith in some ways to me

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:03 pm

niner wrote:Rhodes only played mostly zone I believe as well, which isn't a problem, but just a reason I wouldn't touch him early, don't really know if he is a real cover corner. Every analyst that goes beyond his size usually says he doesn't have cornerback hips too, hence why I've said since last year that I'd like him more at safety. I also went on FLA St forums a lot during recruitment and fans openly said that Rhodes was very overrated and their freshman Ronald Darby was much more talented. I think Rhodes could become good but I'm not happy at how often he has been mocked to my niners. If we want a big physical corner, I'd rather give our second and smith to a qb needy team to move up for Milliner. Rhodes is just a less talented version of Jimmy Smith in some ways to me
In the games I watched FSU were playing a lot of man coverage, the Clemson game is a good example of Rhodes in press coverage. I have a higher value on Milliner as well but i'm a big fan of Rhodes' experience and ability in man coverage plus his physicality around the LOS. He doesn't get enough credit for his awareness and reaction on the field as the play developes either. When you look at what the Seahawks have done with two big, physical corners who can win in man coverage I have no problem putting a high value on Rhodes. Needs to be used in the right system though.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm

That's why I think he might fit well in Tampa. Coach Schiano wants to play press man coverage and Rhodes might be there or there about in the second round.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 06 Feb 2013, 7:39 pm

Pr4wn wrote:That's why I think he might fit well in Tampa. Coach Schiano wants to play press man coverage and Rhodes might be there or there about in the second round.

I'm not sure but if Rhodes has a great combine showing and pro day, I could see him being a bit like Barron last year, a guy who is talented but probably overdrafted in the top 15-20 picks

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Thu 07 Feb 2013, 1:24 pm

NFL Draft analyst Bucky Brooks lists his top 5 prospects at every offensive and defensive position:

Offense:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000136720/article/2013-nfl-draft-top-five-prospects-at-every-offensive-position
Lacy created quite a buzz in league circles with his dominant performance in the BCS National Championship Game. He displayed impressive quickness and burst, while maintaining the rugged running style that scouts covet in a big back. Bernard, on the other hand, is a scat back with explosive speed and quickness. Factor in his ability to contribute as a receiver and returner, and Bernard is a legitimate difference maker at the position.
Like Brooks I see Bernard as closer to a scat back than power back but maybe that's a good thing in todays NFL.
Defense:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000136717/article/2013-nfl-draft-top-five-prospects-at-each-defensive-position
Lotulelei ranks as the top defensive tackle on several boards across the league, but Richardson is a more talented defender with better athleticism and a higher-revving motor.
Interesting point of view.

NFLvanalyst Gil Brandt's top 25 big board:http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Luke-Joeckel-Bjoern-Werner-headline-2013-NFL-Draft-prospects/c978c05a-966f-480b-a69e-6a096b6bc9a6
12) Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame: Te'o finished his senior season with 113 tackles and seven interceptions (that latter number is unheard of for a linebacker). He did not play well in the BCS Championship Game, but everything he's done in his career at Notre Dame overrides that.
Manti Te'o at #12.
18) Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor: Williams racked up 156 catches for 2,789 yards and 23 touchdowns over his last two seasons at Baylor, and had 32 catches this season of 20 yards or more. That tells you what kind of speed and explosiveness he has.
He's also got Terrance Williams ranked higher than i've seen elsewhere.

NFL Combine invite list:http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list

CBS Sports/NFL Draft Scout Dane Brugler's Combine snub list:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21657954/2013-nfl-draft-top-10-combine-snubs

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:38 pm

Notes on three undervalued prospects
David Quessenberry, OL, SJSU, 6'5, 294lbs
The scouting community started to take notice of Quessenberry after an impressive Senior Bowl week where he displayed the ability to line up at all three positions on the OL. I only watched one full San Jose State game this season so prior to the Senior Bowl my evaluation of him was pretty limited but he wasn't a complete unknown as i'd seen his name mentioned a couple of times. He's sound in pass protection and he backed this up at the Senior Bowl but, as I noted when I watched him at SJSU, he struggles to get movement in the run game. While he possesses the ability to bend at the knees, quick hands, footwork and balance to be an effective pass blocker I don't see the power and explosion in the run game which means he struggles to sustain blocks. At 6'5, 295lbs with 34 inch arms he's got the frame to suggest he could be given a shot at OT and I'd worry about moving him inside to guard because of his size, he'd need to add some lbs IMO, and difficulties in the run game.

Rashaan Melvin, CB, Northern Illinois, 6'1, 195lbs
He's not getting much attention right now but Rashaan Melvin has size and the ability to play physical at the LOS. I've watched him be effective in press, off and zone coverage. He's got good closing speed from an off position and in zone where he can drive on the pass and he has a knack for making plays on the football, knocking passes down and out of the receiver's hands. In man coverage he does a good job of sticking to the hip of the receiver and can press at the LOS. He's also willing in run support. There is some tightness to his game which shows up in his COD when playing in zone and he will go looking to make a play on the ball and get caught out. Overall there are enough positive aspects to Melvin's game to warrant more attention IMO.

Dexter McCoil, S, Tulsa, 6'4, 220lbs
For a safety with his size and the range to cover deep McCoil isn't getting much attention either. He's not the most effective player around the LOS when it comes to run support as he plays contain and makes most of his tackles away from the LOS rather than aggressively flowing to the ball carrier. That said he usually takes good angles and wraps up well when he does make the tackle. He looks more natural in coverage where he has the range to play in deep zone and he has no problem hitting receivers going accross the middle. Athough he wasn't tested in man coverage he has the size and athleticism to potentially cover a tight end and his length is an asset when it comes to making plays on the ball. The safety class is full of box players but McCoil looks like a prospect who could also be effective in coverage.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:51 pm

What do you think of Tank Carradine?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 12:20 pm

Pr4wn wrote:What do you think of Tank Carradine?
For me he would have been in the 1st round discussion if it wasn't for the ACL. Carradine wins with power and active hands rather than explosion and quickness and he also shows up big in the run game. It looks like he has good length as well @ 6'5 with long arms. He only has one year of experience as a starter and his technique needs work but I probably would have given him a borderline 1st round value.

Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith was also drawing some attention before he tore his ACL late in the season. A lot of his production came in bunches with some quiet games in between but he did have a big day against Alabama which is difficult to ignore. His size @ 6'5, 248lbs suggests a move to OLB in the pros and not being able to work out pre-draft hurts him.

NFL Analyst Daniel Jeremiah 5 buzzworthy prospects:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000138630/article/arthur-brown-tyrann-mathieu-highlight-buzzworthy-prospects

Here are Jeremiah's top defensive tackles:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000139106/article/star-lotulelei-sharrif-floyd-head-loaded-defensive-tackle-class
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State: Hankins has excellent functional strength and should fit in very nicely as a 3-4 defensive end at the next level. Against the run, he has quick hands to press off blockers and plays with a very firm base. "Big Hank" doesn't make many plays outside of the tackle box, but he's tough to move off the line of scrimmage. As a pass rusher, he relies almost solely on power to push the pocket. I gave him a late first-round grade, but some teams I've spoken with feel like he's more likely to go in the top of the second round.
I know some people love him but that's pretty much my view of Hankins, gave him a 1st round value but I wouldn't be surprised if he was selected after #32.

Top 100 Big Board from CBS/NFL Draft Scout Dane Brugler:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21703458/nfl-draft-top-100-draft-boardHe has Carradine at #21.

Pat Kirwan looks at the LB class:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/21709814/nfl-draft-shallow-pool-but-many-teams-fishing-for-middle-linebacker-helpDoesn't have a high opinion of Manti Te'o.

NFL Draft analyst Mike Mayock's pre-combine rankings:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000139744/article/precombine-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft
Cornerback
1. Dee Milliner, Alabama
2. Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
3. Johnthan Banks, Mississippi State
4. Desmond Trufant, Washington
5. Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

Safety
1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
2. Matt Elam, Florida
3. Johnathan Cyprien, Florida International
4. Eric Reid, LSU
5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame
Worth paying particular attention to his final CB and safety rankings, last year he was all over Harrison Smith long before anyone else.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:26 pm

SI.com Peter King MMQB article has some draft content and a noteworthy quote from Mike Mayock:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130218/peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback-offseason-week-2/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp
"If you're a playoff team this year, you have to be laughing,'' NFL Network draft czar Mike Mayock said between tape sessions Sunday evening. "First, I don't see much difference between the fifth and 25th picks this year. And I don't really see the immediate difference-makers in the top 10.''
For me there are prospects with a similar grade from late 1st down to mid 2nd round as well.

Color this draft blue ... as in blue-collar. Best position groups in the draft: offensive line and defensive tackle. Safety is good too, with a smattering of linebackers and defensive ends -- though there are no Von Miller-type pass rushers in the draft.
Safety is one of the more interesting groups IMO, there are a number of in the box types but not many who also have the skillset to excel in coverage.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

If we're being fair, the only good coverage safety from the 4 starters in the SB was Ed Reed and he wasnt even playing that well.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Feb 2013, 5:00 pm

GSC wrote:If we're being fair, the only good coverage safety from the 4 starters in the SB was Ed Reed and he wasnt even playing that well.
The NFL is a passing league so as far as player evaluation goes i'm looking for safety prospects who can defend the pass. Ideally they would be effective in both man and zone coverage while still being a force against the run but these players are rare.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Wed 20 Feb 2013, 2:21 pm

NFL analyst Gil Brandt Top 100 prospect list:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140172/article/2013-nfl-draft-luke-joeckel-geno-smith-among-best-prospectsHad a quick scan through the list to see if there are any rankings outside of the consensus -
Geno Smith @ 04
Margus Hunt @ 35
Menelik Watson @ 54
Marquise Goodwin @ 58
Good to see he has a high opinion of Watson.

CBS/NFL Draft Scout Dane Brugler Ten players to watch at the NFL Combine:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/rob-rang/21732735/2013-combine-10-players-to-watch

More Combine stuff from Brugler - the latest article is a more in-depth look at the CB position:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21733225/2013-nfl-combine-press-corners-to-the-rescue
Click the links in this article to read the other position reviews. Plenty of interesting stuff worth reading IMO.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 21 Feb 2013, 9:02 am

What do you think of Chase Thomas and Jon Bostic?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:03 pm

Any views on Sharrif Floyd? Some have him as a top 5 calibre player, others say he should be 3rd defensive tackle after Star and Richardson

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 21 Feb 2013, 8:16 pm

2 could be one and the same on draft day lol.

He reminds me of Fletcher Cox I think, can hold his ground in the run game and push the pocket in the pass game. Whether thats top 5 worthy is up for debate, Cox went 12th last year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

Pr4wn wrote:What do you think of Chase Thomas and Jon Bostic?
With Chase Thomas there is some debate over his best fit at the next level, the feeling in the scouting community is that he needs to play in a 34 defense which, considering his size @ 6'3, 240lbs, makes sense. There was a lot written about his struggles in coverage at the Senior Bowl, I didn't get to watch much of the practices this year but Thomas didn't have much of a coverage role at Stanford so it wouldn't surprise me if he did in fact struggle. The combine drills should be telling as I question his overall athleticism and whether he has the speed to cover ground effectively. He's active with his hands and does a good job of disengaging from blockers and playing contain. Smart player, very disciplined and sticks to his assignment responsibilities. He possesses as good variety of pass rush moves, a good as any player coming out of college IMO. Stanford had him rush inside and outside and moved him around the defense. I did notice that a lot of his wins/pressure came from favourable matchups with TEs. Pretty short arms for a pass rusher @ 31 inches. Will he make a consistent impact in the NFL?

I didn't think much of Bostic when I watched him TBH. I question his awareness on the field and his ability to stack and shed effctively, although he gets downhill quickly to take on blockers he plays too upright at times which allows interior OL to remove him from the play with ease. He will also play out of control which allows him to be pushed past the play and lose contain and too often he puts himself in position to make an impact and fails to finish the play. I've seen Bostic mentioned as being underrated but there were more negatives than positives from the games I watched.

BamBam wrote:Any views on Sharrif Floyd? Some have him as a top 5 calibre player, others say he should be 3rd defensive tackle after Star and Richardson
There are a number of good DL prospects in this years draft IMO. I currently have Floyd ranked somewhere between Lotulelei and Richardson on my big board. I like all three of them but, as far as i'm concerned, when he's on Lotulelei is the best of the bunch. I've written briefly about Richardson and Lotulelei on page 2 of this thread. I think Floyd's overall game is better than Richardson's but there's not a whole lot between these guys. Accurate Combine measurements will be interesting, arm length etc.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:46 pm

2013 NFL Combine Notes

Selected OL weigh-in results
NameCollege Height Weight Arm Length Hand Length Reps@225
Terron Armstead Arkansas-Pinebluff 6'5 306lbs 34 9 1/4 31
Eric Fisher Central Michigan 6'7 306lbs 34 1/2 10 1/2 27
DJ Fluker Alabama 6'5 339lbs 36 3/4 10 1/2 21
Luke Joeckel Texas A&M 6'6 306lbs 34 1/2 10 1/8 27
Lane Johnson Oklahoma 6'6 303lbs 35 1/4 10 1/8 28
Menelik Watson Florida State 6'5 310lbs 34 10 3/8 -
Rogers Gaines Tennessee State 6'6 334lbs 36 1/4 10 5/8 28
Luke Marquardt Azusa Pacific 6'7 314lbs 34 1/2 10 1/4 31
Jonathan Cooper North Carolina 6'2 311lbs 33 10 1/4 35
Larry Warford Kentucky 6'3 332lbs 33 3/8 9 1/2 28
Chance Warmack Alabama 6'2 317lbs 34 3/4 9 5/8 -

Selected TE weigh-in results
Name College Height Weight Arm Length Hand Length Reps@225
Tyler Eifert Notre Dame 6'5 250lbs 33 1/8 9 1/8 22
Zach Ertz Stanford 6'4 249lbs 31 3/4 9 3/4 24
Gavin Escobar San Diego State 6'6 254lbs 33 5/8 9 3/4 -
Joseph Fauria UCLA 6'7 259lbs 33 3/4 10 7/8 17
Travis Kelce Cincinnati 6'5 255lbs 33 3/4 9 5/8 -
Vance McDonald Rice 6'4 267lbs 34 3/8 10 1/8 31
Levine Toilolo Stanford 6'8 260lbs 34 1/2 10 1/4 17

NFL analyst Daniel Jeremiah Combine Notes:http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000143694/article/chance-warmack-smaller-than-expected-meet-luke-marquardt

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:10 pm

Combine scout talk
Twitter quotes from TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline
Confirmed today what I've heard since October; LSU coaches not giving Sam Montgomery/DE/LSU are rining endorsement. Quite the contrary
Concerns are being raised on Arthur Brown/LB/Kansas St over a shoulder issue/injury- same one that kept him out of Senior Bowl.
Menelik Watson/T/Florida State is getting a lot of 1st round mention from teams at the combine. O-line version of Ziggy Ansah.
Word circulating in downtown Indianapolis this evening is Jarvis Jones/OLB/Georgia could make a DaQuan Bowers type drop in the draft due to his medical issues.
TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6794

Marcus Lattimore told me he'll start running striders Monday in Florida. Will be on running program but won't run 40s for time.
Gil Brandt via twitter

Quotes from Daniel Jeremiah on Manti Te'o as a top 10 pick
I never talked to an NFL guy, an evaluator, a scout, a GM, that had him up that high
Going into that Alabama game, I had him in the late first round. Coming out of that game, I had him in the late first round. Girlfriend or no girlfriend, he's late first round

More quotes from Tony Pauline on day one of the NFL Combine:http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6780
The biggest story thus far is the number of teams that have Jonathan Cooper/G/North Carolina ranked higher than Chance Warmack/G/Alabama on their offensive guard board.
Yet another good source told me yesterday Blidi Wreh-Wilson of UConn is the wildcard at the cornerback position and could be a late first round choice. And while I don’t agree with the later portion of that opinion, the fact several people are mentioning this makes it notable.
I still have a pretty high grade on Wreh-Wilson as well, early on in my evaluation I had a late 1st round value on him but as I watched him more the less I liked him, might have to go back and watch some more of the UConn CB.

greg Cosell said he likes TE Vance McDonald more than Stanford's Zach Ertz based on his tape study.
Adam Caplan via twitter. I can understand this, Ertz needs work on his blocking and is not the kind of athlete that Coby Fleener was coming out of Stanford but he is a player who has the potential to be effective as a blocker and as a receiver.

More on Sam Montgomery from Darin Gantt of PFT:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/23/montgomery-admits-bets-with-mingo-lack-of-effort-at-lsu/

CBS Sports/Sports Xchange Derek Harper has an article about Da'Rick Rogers:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21747696/2013-nfl-combine-darick-rogers-not-hiding-from-troubled-past

CBS Sports/Sports Xchange Rob Rang breaks down the bench press numbers for OL and TE positions:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21747885/2013-nfl-combine-ol-tes-shows-their-strength-depth-in-bench-press

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 5:14 pm

Thanks for all that... I missed day one so needed a good little round up.

Also... Azusa Pacific... what a university

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 24 Feb 2013, 7:16 pm

If I had a pound for every time Mike Mayock says "he's quicker than he is fast"...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Feb 2013, 7:28 pm

I still haven't a clue what it means but it comes up on white wrs often
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 24 Feb 2013, 9:11 pm

Excellent at the point of insertion. Wtf.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 25 Feb 2013, 4:26 pm

DaMontre Moore having a bad time at the Combine.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:15 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:If I had a pound for every time Mike Mayock says "he's quicker than he is fast"...
GSC wrote:I still haven't a clue what it means but it comes up on white wrs often
Fast = speed in a strainght line.
Quick = Burst/acceleration, agility.

Pr4wn wrote:Excellent at the point of insertion. Wtf.
He's talking about being effective when hitting a blocked hole in the defense.

Combine Notes
Selected WR weigh-in results
Name College Height Weight Arm Length Hand Length
Kennan Allen California6'2 6'2 206lbs 32 3/4 10
DeAndre Hopkins Clemson 6'1 214lbs 33 3/8 10
Justin Hunter Tennessee 6'3 196lbs 33 1/4 9 3/8
Mark Harrison Rutgers 6'3 231lbs 35 9 5/8
Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee 6'2 216lbs 31 3/4 9
Robert Woods USC 6'0 201lbs 31 9 1/4
Tavon Austin West Virginia 5'8 174lbs 30 9 1/8

Selected RB weigh-in results
Montee Ball Wisconsin 5'11 214lbs 30 9
LeVeon Bell Michigan State 6'1 230lbs 31 1/2 9 5/8
Giovani Bernard North Carolina 5'8 202lbs 28 9 3/8
Knile Davis Arkansas 5'11 227lbs 29 3/4 8 5/8
Andre Ellington Clemson 5'9 199lbs 31 9 3/8
Mike Gillislee Florida 5'11 208lbs 31 9 3/8
Eddie Lacy Alabama 5'11 231lbs 31 9 1/2
Marcus Lattimore South Carolina 5'11 221lbs 32 1/2 9 7/8
Christine Michael Texas A&M 5'10 220lbs 31 1/2 9 3/8

ESPN's John Clayton
Saturday Combine Observations:http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8979146/2013-nfl-combine-alec-ogletree-issues-ezekiel-ansah-charms-more
Sunday Combine Observations:http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8981367/2013-nfl-combine-tavon-austin-other-wrs-fast-track

CBS Sports/Sports Xchange Rob Rang Winners and losers from the LB workouts:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21767605/2013-nfl-combine-obvious-winners-losers-among-lb-workouts

SI.com Jim Trotter OL article:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130225/2013-nfl-draft-linemen/

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Tue 26 Feb 2013, 3:20 pm

USA Today Mike Garafolo and contributer Tony Pauline - Lotulelei out of NFL combine, could just be dehydration:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2013/02/25/utah-defensive-tackle-star-lotulelei-nfl-combine/1946109/
...Star Lotulelei has been told he can continue working out on his own, according to a person informed of the conversations between doctors and the potential top-five draft pick. The person said it's hoped that it's not a heart condition but rather dehydration, too much sodium in his diet or rapid weight loss in a short timeframe that prompted tests to reveal his heart wasn't pumping at full capacity.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Thu 28 Feb 2013, 2:54 pm

I absolutely love this time of the year. It's fast becoming the only time of the year us Jets fans have hope.

Dion Jordan is a player I was sold on before the Combine. Now, it looks increasingly likely that he won't be there when we pick at #9. In that case, Ezekiel Ansah is the only other OLB that I would consider taking there. He is one of the better DE's against the run and I think there is a lot more pass rushing production to come if he is utilised correctly. As we saw at the combine, his straight line speed is unheard of for such a big player. I think he will benefit from switching to OLB and playing in space. He's very "raw" but has only really played football for 2 years. He can be sculpted and taught much more than other experienced players. His ability to line up with his hand in the dirt outside and inside plus standing up playing in space, I think he will be an excellent fit for Rex Ryan's schemes. Our previous 1st Rounders, Wilkerson and Coples, can both play anywhere across the front 3 so it is something Rex looks for. Another thing Rex Ryan hangs his hat on is athleticism and the combine results. In the 40 yard dash, Quinton Coples, Stephen Hill and Demario Davis were 6th, 1st and 4th respectively in their position. Ziggy Ansah ticks all the boxes for me.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:27 pm

Combine Notes
Selected DL weigh-in results
Ezekiel Ansah BYU 6'5 271lbs 35 1/8 10 1/4
Dion Jordan Oregon 6'6 248lbs 33 7/8 10
Corey Lemonier Auburn 6'3 255lbs 34 1/2 10 1/8
Barkevious Mingo LSU 6'4 241lbs 33 3/4 9 5/8
Bjoern Werner FSU 6'3 266lbs 33 1/4 9 5/8
Shariff Floyd Florida 6'3 297lbs 31 3/4 10 1/8
Johnathan Hankins Ohio State 6'2 320lbs 33 9 1/2
Star Lotulelei Utah 6'2 310lbs 33 5/8 9 3/4
Sheldon Richardson Missouri 6'2 294lbs 34 1/2 10 1/4
Jesse Williams Alabama 6'3 320lbs 32 9 3/8
Sylvester Williams UNC 6'3 313lbs 33 1/2 10 3/4

Selected LB weigh-in results
AJ Klein Iowa State 6'1 250lbs 32 7/8 10 1/4
Kevin Minter LSU 6'0 246lbs 32 9 3/8
Alec Ogletree Georgia 6'2 242lbs 33 1/2 10
Manti Te'o Notre Dame 6'1 241lbs 32 1/2 9 1/2
Arthur Brown Kansas State 6'0 241lbs 32 1/2 10
Kiko Alonso Oregon 6'3 238lbs 32 1/8 9 3/4

Selected DB weigh-in results
David Amerson NC State 6'1 205lbs 32 5/8 10 1/2
Tyrann Mathieu LSU 5'9 186lbs 31 1/8 9 3/8
Dee Milliner Alabama 6'0 201lbs 32 8 3/4
Xavier Rhodes FSU 6'2 210lbs 33 3/4 9
John Cyprien FIU 6'0 217lbs 31 3/4 10 1/4
Eric Reid LSU 6'1 213lbs 33 5/8 10
Kenny Vaccaro Texas 6'0 214lbs 32 3/4 10

Combine Articles
The Tennessean Jim Wyatt Combine Notes:http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130226/SPORTS01/302260032/

CBS Sports Bruce Feldman 10 Combine story lines:http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/21774081/top-10-compelling-nfl-combine-story-lines

LA Times Sam Farmer Combine Notes:http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-combine-20130227,0,3188305.column

ESPN John Clayton Final Combine thoughts:http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8992558/2013-nfl-combine-plenty-learned-event-done-right

NFL.com Bucky Brooks Combine Notes:http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000145637/article/margus-hunt-tavon-austin-create-stir-at-nfl-scouting-combine

NFL.com Combine results tracker:http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker

NFL.com Pro Day schedule:http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000136391/article/2013-pro-days-schedule

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 01 Mar 2013, 12:28 pm

Yeah seems like Dion Jordan will e reuniting with Chip at this point
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 02 Mar 2013, 12:22 am

So Barkley couldn't throw at the Combine but will be throwing with Gruden...

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 02 Mar 2013, 8:43 pm

Anybody seen anything of Jamie Collins? Saw today Mayock has him #2 for 3-4 OLB but hadn't heard of him until reading that.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:01 pm

@ShawnZobel_DHQ
After all the hours of film work, 3 trips to Shrine Game, SR Bowl, & Combine, my top overall player for the 2013 Draft is CMU OT Eric Fisher.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sat 02 Mar 2013, 10:06 pm

Collins is a very explosive pass rusher. I honestly think he is a top 40 pick once a team falls in love with him.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 04 Mar 2013, 10:50 pm

Northern Iowa WR Terrell Sinkfield ran a 4.19 40 yard dash today ran two others which were 4.27 and 4.41 which included a stumble. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/03/04/northern-iowa-wr-runs-4-19-at-pro-day/

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 05 Mar 2013, 8:41 pm

I presume this will be one of those NFL.com style "unofficial hand times" which invariably way under do it so the analysts can hype the prospect for a while!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 05 Mar 2013, 11:12 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:I presume this will be one of those NFL.com style "unofficial hand times" which invariably way under do it so the analysts can hype the prospect for a while!
Apparently the Vikings director of scouting timed him in the 4.3's, still probably good enough to mean another look over his tape but doubt he'll be rocketing up any draft boards.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:45 pm

Apparently Menelik Watson is being seen as a 1st rounder by some teams due to the amount of potential. Though he never played the sport over here have to feel a British guy going in the 1st round should be a boost to the sport.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:51 pm

If you can, watch him against Northen Illinois in the bowl game, I've never seen a big guy move like he does, ridiculous really

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next