The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?

+16
SharkSoul
bellchees
CodeX12
ShahenshahG
BoomBoomBaby
paperbag_puncher
davidemore
superflyweight
Lance
Seanusarrilius
JabMachineMK2
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
J.Benson II
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
OasisBFC
Steffan
20 posters

Go down

Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?  Empty Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?

Post by Steffan Thu 31 May 2012, 11:34 am

Or are they both just as bad as each other?

Should the punishment be the same or should one be treated with more severity?

Mosley said Margarito put his health at risk (with loaded gloves) and Khan said the same about Peterson (with roids)

Is it the same situation or is one making more of a deal out of it than the other?

Is one just a form of cheating or is one taking it way too far?

Your thoughts as always are welcome

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?  Empty Re: Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?

Post by OasisBFC Thu 31 May 2012, 11:42 am

i guess if you were a slick fighter who didnt take much punishment in a fight then fighting against loaded gloves may be better. at least them you could avoid their punches and still hurt your opponent.

if you were a brawler and took a punch to get your own punch in like hatton did, then you risk being knocked out. if you can out hussle someone who has steroids in their system you could get the W.

both not great options!

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?  Empty Re: Which is worse - Going into a fight with loaded gloves or roided up?

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu 31 May 2012, 11:44 am

its much of a muchness really but i would say loaded gloves simply based on the fact there is conflicting studies on the actual effects of PEDs whereas being hit in the head with something hard is not in contention

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 31 May 2012, 11:45 am

Loaded gloves is worse for me. Its capable of causing serious damage (both short and long term) and is a genuine threat to a boxer's health.

By increasing athletic performance and physical prowess, PED no doubt can also give a fighter an unfair advantage over a natural opponent but it won't cause the type of serious injuries that loaded gloves can.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 31 May 2012, 11:55 am

Loaded gloves but only just

Roids increase your resistance to pain and although you can increase muscle density etc, you are still getting hit by a guy with gloves on. Loaded gloves you might as well not have gloves at all, just fight bare knuckled. The plaster used by marg had cement like chatecterisitcs with IMO is as bad as anything.

A fighter hitting you with hard punches through gloves isn't as bad as getting hit with solid objects

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 31 May 2012, 12:07 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Loaded gloves but only just

Roids increase your resistance to pain and although you can increase muscle density etc, you are still getting hit by a guy with gloves on. Loaded gloves you might as well not have gloves at all, just fight bare knuckled. The plaster used by marg had cement like chatecterisitcs with IMO is as bad as anything.

A fighter hitting you with hard punches through gloves isn't as bad as getting hit with solid objects

Can't argue with this.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 31 May 2012, 12:52 pm

Very difficult QU to answer, but a good one.

I personally think loaded gloves, because say I went intot he ring roided, I might come on all night like a Navaho, but I would still get tagged senseless. I always think of "Assault in the Ring" when it comes to loaded gloves. He was no puncher and look what he did with tamperning gloves (i appreciate he wasn't loading up as such but still)

Both should be banned for a long long time. Loaded gloves for life, and roids abusers tested for every single fight after a long BAN,at their own expense.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 31 May 2012, 12:53 pm

steroids are not dangerous to an opponent. they are banned because they are used as a shortcut to reach your goal. shortcuts are not considered sporting. a guy who uses steroids may become a better more dangerous fighter but theres always better more dangerous fighters out there anyway, they just worked that bit harder to acheive this without cheating.

as for loaded gloves this is more dangerous. however the term loaded gloves has become a bit overused. solid objects and loaded gloves paint a slightly exaggerated impression of margarito. watch the documentaries of what happend before commenting. they guy was caught with his hands illegally wrapped yes, cheating yes, carrying knuckle dusters no

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 31 May 2012, 1:01 pm

Following D4's convincing argument that loaded gloves make boxing safer, I'd have to say steroids are worse.

But then again, using D4's logic, if the fighter taking steroids can increase his strength and finish the fight quicker, steroids are probably a vital safety feature that we are simply neglecting to embrace.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 1:13 pm

superflyweight wrote:Following D4's convincing argument that loaded gloves make boxing safer, I'd have to say steroids are worse.

But then again, using D4's logic, if the fighter taking steroids can increase his strength and finish the fight quicker, steroids are probably a vital safety feature that we are simply neglecting to embrace.

You beat me to it but some 'excellent' points there! I'm going to have to say roids are worse based on D4's well researched, intelligent articles.

Steffan I'm surprised you asked this or maybe you have a short memory

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 31 May 2012, 1:19 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Loaded gloves but only just

Roids increase your resistance to pain and although you can increase muscle density

I agree on muscle density but I don't think PED's have any significant affect on punch resistance.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 31 May 2012, 1:32 pm

American boxers have a lot to answer for at the minute in relation to the roids aspect. You simply don't hear bout top European fighters trying to pull that shizzzzz, not sure what's going on in America, but mark my prediction, there will be more outed very soon.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 1:39 pm

davidemore wrote:American boxers have a lot to answer for at the minute in relation to the roids aspect. You simply don't hear bout top European fighters trying to pull that shizzzzz, not sure what's going on in America, but mark my prediction, there will be more outed very soon.

There seems to be a lot more steroid use for speeding up the recovery time for injuries & more TRT being prescribed by Dr's leaving the door open for abuse & cheating. Chances are it'll catch up over here unless they really sort it out stateside.

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 31 May 2012, 2:42 pm

Obviously don't condone either but definitely loaded gloves for me.

Don't know a whole lot about steroids but I see them as a quick fix and a short cut which makes someone perform better at certain aspects of boxing. If you are way worse than your opponent then I don't think it will change the outcome of the fight.

Whereas loading your gloves is just pure scummy and anyone who does it knowingly should be locked up. Its basically assaulting someone with a weapon on the sly.

For example say i take roids and decide to fight Amir Khan I may be fitter than I would be and more muscley but I'm going to get battered due to the mismatch in skill. But if I load my gloves and manage to land a few punches(unlikely) I could do some serious damage.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 31 May 2012, 3:48 pm

prison sentences for both offences in my opinion. let's see if they want to cheat when another 'ring' has been tested after some time away. this is the hurt business, these people could kill someone. shane needs to be banned too, shane cheated big time and he knew it. terrible how icons are allowed a free pass.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 31 May 2012, 3:52 pm

prison sentences for both offences in my opinion. let's see if they want to cheat when another 'ring' has been tested after some time away. this is the hurt business, these people could kill someone. shane needs to be banned too, shane cheated big time and he knew it. terrible how icons are allowed a free pass.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Vince Phillips tested positive after fighting Ricky Hatton and, using that fight as an example, I'd say steroids are far more dangerous. Phillips was battered from pillar to post and even the commentary team were amazed how was was taking so much punishment. The problem is that Phillips was in grave danger of suffering life threatening injuries as his body just wouldn't quit.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoomBoomBaby Thu 31 May 2012, 4:01 pm

Would be good to test which is worse. Azania on the roids vs Trussman with the wraps could solve it!

BoomBoomBaby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 31 May 2012, 4:22 pm

Loaded gloves unless the drugs are taken on the same day - which is rare

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 31 May 2012, 4:41 pm

BoomBoomBaby wrote:Would be good to test which is worse. Azania on the roids vs Trussman with the wraps could solve it!

I'd pay to see that. Azania by late stoppage for me with the big lad collapsing due to exhaustion. Don't think the big fella will lay a glove on him rendering his wraps useless. Now if Az was off his head on acid and headbutted Truss I'd expect Trussy's natural boxing instincts to kick in and him to finish it with a mean one two...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by CodeX12 Thu 31 May 2012, 4:52 pm

Both as bad as each other...
All cheats should be given a life ban.

CodeX12

Back to top Go down

Post by CodeX12 Thu 31 May 2012, 4:53 pm

alma wrote:They're both equally bad and both cheating, but I suppose loaded gloves does you more immediate harm.
Yes that is true I suppose.
Still think we should have drug testing before every match though.

CodeX12

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 31 May 2012, 5:32 pm

Both if intentional should be considered assault with a weapon and serve jail time.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Thu 31 May 2012, 7:34 pm

Both are forms of cheating which we have already ascertained but in relation to the most dangerous out of the two then I would have to say Loaded Gloves.

The potential damage loaded gloves can do vs an opponent are astronomically greater and massively outweigh the benefits of using PEDs.

Check Cottos face out v Margachito first time round, enough said.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 31 May 2012, 7:45 pm

The gloves are worse for me definately.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 8:58 pm

[quote="SharkSoul"]
Both are forms of cheating which we have already ascertained but in relation to the most dangerous out of the two then I would have to say Loaded Gloves.

The potential damage loaded gloves can do vs an opponent are astronomically greater and massively outweigh the benefits of using PEDs.

Check Cottos face out v Margachito first time round, enough said.[/quote]
Check out Cotto's face vs Manny. Are you saying Manny was using loaded gloves too?

I think enough's been said, and certainly by you!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 31 May 2012, 10:17 pm

its like saying do you wanna be stabbed or shot to death?

its hard to say, if the guys lands a couple of punchs a round that id rather fight someone on roids but if he is guna land 100 punchs one me a round and not take anything back then give me the gloves and dont prolong the punishment.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 31 May 2012, 11:37 pm

Loaded gloves quite clearly, the damage Collins jr took against Resto is the only indicator you need, getting punched with a concrete fist I imagine is far more damaging than being punched by a steroid abuser as the latter would still need the talent for it to make a difference.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The fly half sourcerer Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:19 am

It would all depend in the type of steroids used there various amounts of different ones each having various affects. Obvious one which Peterson got caught with is testosterone which would help boost the strength side and is what is know to give the term roid rage. As it boosts the nasty side of someone. It may boost recovery times bit I wouldn't say it could boost punch resistance. Loaded gloves I would feel are slightly worse but both bad for the sport.

The fly half sourcerer

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 01 Jun 2012, 12:28 am

but if a guy with loaded gloves can only hit you a few times each round, and a roided up guy has the stamina to punch you 100 times a round wouldnt that do more damage?

i think it depends on the fighter as to which form of cheating would serve you best.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down