The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto?

+4
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
vxrandall
DaveVDK
8 posters

Go down

Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto?

Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Vote_lcap61%Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]
Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Vote_lcap39%Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 18

Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Empty Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto?

Post by DaveVDK Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

Must say Cotto presented some interesting evidence, and cottos face looked an absolute mess at the end of the fight (watch it on youtube, you even see a bit of blood splatter hit the camera at the end of the 6th). Not committing myself eathier way, just want to see the general opinion on this.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Empty Re: Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto?

Post by vxrandall Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

margacheato looked pretty guilty to me in the kellerman face off ....his face said 'yeah...so what! eat me!'

vxrandall

Back to top Go down

Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto? Empty Re: Did Margarito have loaded gloves against Cotto?

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

DaveVDK wrote:Must say Cotto presented some interesting evidence, and cottos face looked an absolute mess at the end of the fight

I'm not going to vote in the poll as I'm genuinely a little unsure (though my gut feeling is yes) - but I do take a little bit of an exception to the point highlighted above. I've seen the idea that Cotto's battered face serves as proof of Margarito's guilt thrown around a few times - why? People seem to bring it up but don't highlight the fact that Cotto spent nearly all of the second round of the fight blocking Margarito's punches with his face. Cotto's face was similarly battered, bloody and marked against Pacquiao, so does that serve as proof that Pacquiao must have been using illegal wraps, too?

I don't for one second condone what Margarito was caught doing before the Mosley fight. In fact, I doubt you'll find anyone who is less impressed by Margarito than me. But a bit of common sense is needed now and then. If you have such a leaky defence and take a load of punishment against a decent puncher, your face will mark up.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

Cotto's problem for me is that he gasses big style once the fight goes past half way..Stamina has always been an issue he is a lazy type..

Like to think the gloves may have been an issue..but against relentless types he finds it tough....

Think he may win the rematch after the hiding Marg took against Manny..but if Marg still has it... then him all the way.....as Cotto will tire badly again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

ive voted no, because of the lack of evidence.
but cottos face paints a different picture.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:28 pm

DaveVDK wrote:Must say Cotto presented some interesting evidence, and cottos face looked an absolute mess at the end of the fight (watch it on youtube, you even see a bit of blood splatter hit the camera at the end of the 6th). Not committing myself eathier way, just want to see the general opinion on this.

Margarito is hardly feather fisted, and Cotto shipped 237 power punches in a fight that didn't even go 12 rounds. I can't remember a fighter taking punishment like that.

I just think Marg was all wrong for Cotto. There is no chance of a Cotto KO, and as Truss stated Cotto gasses later on, whereas Marg has always gone up a gear past round six.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:31 pm

While the loaded gloves shadow hangs over Margarito there is always the possibility but we do not know for sure and I think quite a lot of bitter Cotto fans have used this as a scapegoat. Cotto gassed out either way and I think the Marg will beat him again this time on points maybe although im hoping for a Marg KO

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

Can't wait for this. Hope Miguel has a bit of fun in there to be honest. Will be watching Margarito closely in the run in to this fight, as I think everyone will. Margarito does seem to have an edge at the minute. Could that all change as the fight draws near?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down