The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update On Murray's Back Injury

+5
Danny_1982
CaledonianCraig
sportslover
lydian
hawkeye
9 posters

Go down

Update On Murray's Back Injury Empty Update On Murray's Back Injury

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 2:31 pm

It has been a couple of days since Murray complained that everyone kept talking about his back. Since then we have had no news until these latest updates.

After the match, Murray admitted that he was still suffering a few niggles from the back injury that has affected his clay-court season.

“I’m trying to stay strong and push through this week,” he told Mark Petchey, ITV’s on-court interviewer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/9298286/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-defeats-Tatsuma-Ito-in-straight-sets-at-Roland-Garros-to-progress-to-second-round.html

He also spoke to the Daily Record

“My back is fine but I’ve just got to keep getting better each day and make sure I do all the right things so that it feels as good as it can
for the tournament.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/tennis-news/2012/05/30/french-open-andy-murray-puts-first-round-victory-down-to-old-socks-86908-23879131/

and to the Guardian

"I just played one bad game on my serve and let him back in in the second set. Everything else was pretty good, just some niggles. I'm sure I'll be fine. I've had back problems but I will push through it this week."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/29/andy-murray-tatsuma-ito-french-open

So it's all clear then?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Update On Murray's Back Injury Empty Re: Update On Murray's Back Injury

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 2:39 pm

I think you have been takng lessons from PM Whistle

I don't think anyone cares. If he plays and he's fit, fine. If not, equally fine.

Maybe if the press stopped asking about it, he might speak less about it. That's how it usually works.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 3:29 pm

legendkillarV2

Pfft! Me lessons?

Anyway I think people do care and if Murray doesn't want to tell us about his back he doesn't have to. How did the press know he has a bad back if he didn't tell them in the first place? If he plays with a bad back he won't be able to play his best. Just imagine the score against Ito if he hadn't had a bad back.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 30 May 2012, 3:32 pm

I like the term "push through the week"...one of those proactive sports psychology terms that means nothing.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 3:32 pm

When he was asked prior to his match he didn't want to talk about it. It will be the burning question after each match. He will likely downplay the pain aspect if he feels he can play through the tournament. His serving % against Ito was something like 78% first serves in. Not bad given the 50% he throws in fully fit. He should get a bad back more often Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 30 May 2012, 3:40 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:When he was asked prior to his match he didn't want to talk about it. It will be the burning question after each match. He will likely downplay the pain aspect if he feels he can play through the tournament. His serving % against Ito was something like 78% first serves in. Not bad given the 50% he throws in fully fit. He should get a bad back more often Update On Murray's Back Injury 810156456

LegendkillarV2. Your not suggesting he hasn't really got a bad back I hope! Actually now that I think about it wasn't Murray himself suggesting it was a sort of intellectual bad back when he missed Madrid?

https://www.606v2.com/t29074-people-say-i-m-much-smarter-than-them-says-murray

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 3:43 pm

hawkeye wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:When he was asked prior to his match he didn't want to talk about it. It will be the burning question after each match. He will likely downplay the pain aspect if he feels he can play through the tournament. His serving % against Ito was something like 78% first serves in. Not bad given the 50% he throws in fully fit. He should get a bad back more often Update On Murray's Back Injury 810156456

LegendkillarV2. Your not suggesting he hasn't really got a bad back I hope! Actually now that I think about it wasn't Murray himself suggesting it was a sort of intellectual bad back when he missed Madrid?

https://www.606v2.com/t29074-people-say-i-m-much-smarter-than-them-says-murray

I am merely implying that Murray's bad back has had a suprising positive effect on his serve Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed 30 May 2012, 9:30 pm

Same old hawkeye same old rubbish.

Nothing changes on this forum some of you guys really need to give it a break and join the real world lol

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 30 May 2012, 10:37 pm

The really worrying thing is that hawkeye is prepaed to pay to post these articles as they come from newspapers she warns are PPV articles. That really is worryingly sad.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 30 May 2012, 11:49 pm

HE - this is even worse than your Serena article. And that takes some doing!

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 11:59 pm

Personally I don't read anything into the "motive" of the OP. This is just an article providing some links to a few interviews Murray may or may not have made with regard to the state of his back.

As far as I can tell he seems to be coping well and there are no major worries that he might have to withdraw from Wimbledon etc. It seems that Murray was in a rather similar or worse position with regard to RG2011 (twisted ankle, broken tooth, illness etc). I think it all rather shows that a not fully fit Murray is generally good enough to beat anyone, except perhaps the top three (although he got close at the AO2012).

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 31 May 2012, 7:05 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:The really worrying thing is that hawkeye is prepaed to pay to post these articles as they come from newspapers she warns are PPV articles. That really is worryingly sad.

Thanks for your concern but you have no need to worry. All the articles quoted here are free to view thats why I provided the links. Check them out yourself if you want to read more about Murrays back injury.

(I do have a subscription to the Times which is PPV but I buy it for it's excellent current affairs, news and arts coverage. The tennis coverage can be very good but it tends to be a bit too Murray centric for my liking. Out of the goodness of my heart I sometimes post snippets here as I know not everyone has access to the site. Don't worry I am not expecting any thanks...)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 31 May 2012, 7:18 am

Oh save it hawkeye please. Run a poll on here on how people rate your 30+ purely anti-Murray posts on here and the results will tell you they are not wanted. Similar to Jersey's pointless and silly predictions posts - tiresome, unwanted and odious. Run a poll if you dare and quit pretending you are offering some sort of useful service.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 31 May 2012, 3:58 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Oh save it hawkeye please. Run a poll on here on how people rate your 30+ purely anti-Murray posts on here and the results will tell you they are not wanted. Similar to Jersey's pointless and silly predictions posts - tiresome, unwanted and odious. Run a poll if you dare and quit pretending you are offering some sort of useful service.

I'm sorry CaladonianCraig. Please don't look at my latest article you might not like it. I can't help it. I know you think I don't praise Murray in order to be mean to you but that is not true... it's just that I can't help saying things as I see them. I'm sure Murray doesn't mind as he is very rich and doesn't care what I think... in fact I'm sure he doesn't even read 606v2.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 31 May 2012, 4:01 pm

All your posts are Murray or Lendl, mostly medical cr@p or coaching anti-Lendl stuff.

Get over it, actually do us all a favor and never write another thread about Murray/Lendl. Spare us the gossip/fantasies/etc etc.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 31 May 2012, 4:09 pm

Give it a break hawkeye. Please.

If it's not endless links and quotes from press articles then you're analysing every little word by Rusedski and Virginia Wade (as though somehow their utterances must be taken as gospel Rolling Eyes ).

How about just watching the tennis and focussing on what happens on court........

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 31 May 2012, 4:15 pm

little harsh guys on hawkeye, you don't need to comment on them do ya?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 31 May 2012, 4:22 pm

Luv, harsh but since he/she has joined here, most posts are with Murray.

How can we ignore commenting, it's a forum and HE writes to comment.

I don't write anything smart here either, but I don't overcompensate with copy/paste articles and whatever silly stuff who ever said it on TV/Net for Murray.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 31 May 2012, 4:28 pm

Luvsports. Thankyou. I think I've got away quite litely... I've just seen some of the names that Wade and Rusedki have been called for daring to give their expert opinions about Murray.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 31 May 2012, 4:30 pm

haha its a bit unnerving when you start with luv.
It seems like suming an old lady would say. If you are an old lady i apologize but if not please refrain from luv :P i am luvsports!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 31 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Hahahahah luvsports aka the SportsLover Hug
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 31 May 2012, 4:38 pm

nooooooo i aint sports loverrrrr
thats another guy!

IM LEEDSTILLIDIE!!!! Yahoo
Hug

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Thu 31 May 2012, 4:42 pm

god's sake, settle down with your secret names notworthy
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 31 May 2012, 4:46 pm

my name isn't sports lover!
or is it?
Who am I?
what number did you dial?
dont ever call here again.
i guess i told him.
nobody messes with sports lover Laugh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PHbwAd8dc

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 31 May 2012, 4:50 pm

hawkeye wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Oh save it hawkeye please. Run a poll on here on how people rate your 30+ purely anti-Murray posts on here and the results will tell you they are not wanted. Similar to Jersey's pointless and silly predictions posts - tiresome, unwanted and odious. Run a poll if you dare and quit pretending you are offering some sort of useful service.

I'm sorry CaladonianCraig. Please don't look at my latest article you might not like it. I can't help it. I know you think I don't praise Murray in order to be mean to you but that is not true... it's just that I can't help saying things as I see them. I'm sure Murray doesn't mind as he is very rich and doesn't care what I think... in fact I'm sure he doesn't even read 606v2.

So it is an obsession you have. Very sad and I see you are too mortified to run a poll on whether your tiresome topics regarding Andy Murray are warranted or wanted. A sign that you know what the result will be so why do you bother with carrying on with this tripe?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 31 May 2012, 4:56 pm

^^ do you ever wake up on the right side of the bed?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

hawkeye wrote:it's just that I can't help saying things as I see them

Strangely the things you "see" about Murray are always 100% negative

I'm still laughing that you think him having a significant injury should be kept quiet. I don't remeber you praising him at US09 for not using his wrist injury as an excuse for his Cilic defeat, given that you think players should keep quiet

Like Rafa does, of course picard

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 01 Jun 2012, 10:41 am

hawkeye wrote:Luvsports. Thankyou. I think I've got away quite litely... I've just seen some of the names that Wade and Rusedki have been called for daring to give their expert opinions about Murray.

Even these two often say positive things about Murray. You never do. Hence the hostility towards you. I mean do you actually like Tennis? I'm amazed that anyone can criticise a player as much as you do and call yourself a 'fan' of this great game

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down