The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales team vs Barbarians

+46
sugarNspikes
BigTrevsbigmac
captainrapido
Liam
sheephead
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
glamorganalun
alcoombe
Rory_Gallagher
asoreleftshoulder
Shifty
Knackeredknees
Casartelli
gelodge
doctor_grey
Breadvan
Cari
Scoped
Seagultaf
slartibartfast
anotherworldofpain
mpc28
Cymroglan
bedfordwelsh
bluestonevedder
maestegmafia
mystiroakey
youngguns6
HERSH
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
LondonTiger
doctornickolas
Comfort
grandoslammo
Luckless Pedestrian
wales606
Knowsit17
Morgannwg
TycroesOsprey
BlueNote
welshy6
RubyGuby
Smirnoffpriest
mrzimmerman
LordDowlais
50 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Wales team vs Barbarians - Page 11 Empty Wales team vs Barbarians

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 1:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

15. Liam Williams
14. Harry Robinson
13. Andrew Bishop
12. James Hook
11. Aled Brew
10. Dan Biggar
9. Lloyd Williams
8. Ryan Jones
7. Justin Tipuric
6. Josh Turnbull
5. Ian Evans
4. Alun Wyn Jones
3. Rhodri Jones
2. Matthew Rees (c)
1. Rhys Gill.

Reps: R Hibbard, P James , A Shingler, M Williams, Webb, A Warren, W Harries

With the following 16 going to Australia tomorrow:
Leigh Halfpenny, George North, Jonathan Davies, Scott Williams, Ashley Beck, Alex Cuthbert, Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips, Gethin Jenkins, Ken Owens, Adam Jones, Bradley Davies, Luke Charteris, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton, Toby Faletau

Back to top Go down

Wales team vs Barbarians - Page 11 Empty Re: Wales team vs Barbarians

Post by wales606 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

"The five players that will be on standby for the Australia tour are Martyn Williams, Ryan Bevington, Dan Biggar, Will Harries and Adam Warren. Everyone else in the squad will fly out with the squad members already in Australia."

- WRU
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:00 pm

Hook and Tipuric the stars imo. Having said that I'm not holding my breath. Could be another standard Hook-cycle, has a good game when the stakes aren't that high and then transforms into a choker when they are.

Good warm-up for the Aussies, especially considering the Baabaa's were grinding us down mid-second half and the young guns helped pull it back. Positive experience for them, though the disarray and inexperience was evident at times.

Tips is indeed challenging Warbs for the openside berth. Sam is a top skipper and I hope he responds to this with a big performance out in Oz, that's what competition for places is all about!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:13 pm

We rotated well in that game and made sure everyone had a run. Good squad preperation, the team should now be able to beat the Brumbies in their 2nd game of the tour.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:22 pm

Morgannwg wrote:We rotated well in that game and made sure everyone had a run. Good squad preperation, the team should now be able to beat the Brumbies in their 2nd game of the tour.

No Biggar though, so Hook will have to be in the 23 for the tests and start vs the Brumbies.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Dan Biggar failed today, the lad can't play well unless he has an armchair ride from the forwards and Lloyd Williams is just not upto it yet

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:30 pm

I think Hook had a good game today, kicked very well and had a nice flow to his play. His defence isn't good enough to play centre imo, but its good that he's for once playing 10 week in week out in France, it's clearly benefited him by the looks of things.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:33 pm

wales606 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:We rotated well in that game and made sure everyone had a run. Good squad preperation, the team should now be able to beat the Brumbies in their 2nd game of the tour.

No Biggar though, so Hook will have to be in the 23 for the tests and start vs the Brumbies.

Biggar is on standby should Hook get cropped. Hook is one of few players to not have played that many tests so he should be alright on tour.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:42 pm

Brew looked completely disinterested but still plenty of positives

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:42 pm

Rhys Webb should be ahead of L.Williams now, im a fan of Williams, but his form is not good and Webb was excellent off the bench (his speedy passing and box kicking was superb)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Brew looked completely disinterested but still plenty of positives

I would have preferred Lee Byrne to go tbh.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:50 pm

Webb definitely made an impact on arrival. Only his second Welsh cap but has to be credited with the key role of turning things around with his darting and pinpoint passing, exactly what he's been doing for the O's over the last two seasons. Lloyd has lots of promise but is lagging behind Webb atm. Great to have these two battling it out with Phillips, hopefully Knoyle can join the fray and add to the depth in due course.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

Rhys web Smile

Remember when the level of quality was Rupet Moon on for Robert jones?

How times have changed.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

slartibartfast wrote:Rhys web Smile

How times have changed.

Robert Jones was quality, the best pass of ANY Welsh scrum half ever. Hug

I tuned in to see the last 2 Welsh tries. Though I think these end of season games against the Barbarians are a total waste of time, very poor quality over all. I'm not sure what the attraction is in watching a sub standard Welsh team take on a hung over Barbarians team.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:47 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
slartibartfast wrote:Rhys web Smile

How times have changed.

Robert Jones was quality, the best pass of ANY Welsh scrum half ever. Hug

I tuned in to see the last 2 Welsh tries. Though I think these end of season games against the Barbarians are a total waste of time, very poor quality over all. I'm not sure what the attraction is in watching a sub standard Welsh team take on a hung over Barbarians team.

Jonaey - box kicked the Aussies to kingdom come
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

I am pleased Brew made the squad as reward for his commitment for the Dragons a true 100% player. Brew could not get into the game the way he does for the Dragons as they tend to lay around him where Wales have good players across the park.

Dan Biggar is very unlucky, a bit like Brew it does not seem to work out for him in a Wales shirt. I have been a big critic of Biggar but since Johnson and Holley have moved on he has changed and played very well the last 6-8 weeks.

I thought it strange Hook was taking the kicks as Biggar is a more than adequate kicker and playing 10. I noticed the first penalty in the second half Biggar was going to take the kick but was sent away for Hook to take it.

There seemed to be a lot of weak tackling by the Wales backs (except Brew), did they know they were on or off the plane to Aus, hence my comment about the penalty kicks above?

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:46 pm

I thought hook was kicking to prove his worth in that department, we all know goal kicking is biggars strength

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:20 pm

I genuinely have no idea how brew keeps getting picked for Wales. He is utterly hopeless at international level.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

Also think Duncan should be going. Totally out scrummed the Welsh back up boys today.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

Duncan was up against a 20yr old making his debut for Wales out of position. Rhodri is a LH, and I think he did remarkably well at TH against a seasoned player like Duncan. Don't think we can read too much into it that Duncan bossed him about really Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sat 02 Jun 2012, 10:44 pm

I am suprised that Biggar has been dropped. Priestland has been carrying an injury all season if he breaks down there is only Hook left, and whilst he played well at 10 for the last 30 mins, I still have no confidence in him.

I would have kept Biggar and sent Robinson on the under 20s tour, he took his try well and had a few good touches but at times he looked to be a liability. He needs to win a place in the Blues side first, get some Regional experience, then play for Wales not the other way around!

Also a bit suprised that Bevington has been dropped, again Rhodri Jones has a lot of growing to do before he is an international prop.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 11:34 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Duncan was up against a 20yr old making his debut for Wales out of position. Rhodri is a LH, and I think he did remarkably well at TH against a seasoned player like Duncan. Don't think we can read too much into it that Duncan bossed him about really Smile

Rh.Jones actually dominated the first few scrums - he did pretty well for a young convert to THP, certainly better than Andrews. I glad he is going on tour, he will learn a lot from Adam - with Adam, Mitchell, Rh.Jones, Jarvis and Joe Rees we have potential to have 5 THPs who can hold their own against good LHP in a few years (and perhaps 2 successors to Adam Smile - Which would be brilliant!) - and we still have Paul James about the place (who did no better than Rh.Jones today - might even have done worse)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 11:41 pm

"Those five players were spoken to and we have gone through the reasons why they have not been selected. For those five players who took part in this game, it showed outstanding character and professionalism.

"They were told Tuesday and Wednesday. We owed it to that player to be up front and honest.

"You have to make a call as a coach and we did that to make sure they could focus on this game towards the end of this week.

"It was absolutely the hardest decision I have had to make.

"In terms of Dan, James Hook can play a number of positions and when you are going on tour to the oither side of the world you need flexibility in selection.

"It was no reflection on Dan's form. He has played particularly well in the last four months."

The five players will be palced on standby over the next three weeks, while Howley also confirmed he had not consulted Warren Gatland before selecting the final squad.

There was one injury concern for Wales following the BaaBaas game, with hooker Matthew Rees having suffered a dislocated finger against the Barbarians, but he is expected to be fit for next Saturday’s first Test against the Wallabies in Brisbane.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/06/02/dan-biggar-and-four-others-cut-from-wales-squad-for-australia-91466-31100818/#ixzz1wg6VvTKv

Seems a very odd decision to only take 2 FHs, and take 6 back 3 players.

Taking Brew over Biggar seems like a very poor decision, and if Hook is a centre cover, there is no reason for Bishop either?

Also, why did Biggar play 10 if they had already decided Hook was no2 - surely it would be more beneficial to have Hook get gametime at 10.

Im not a big fan of Biggar, but on he current form, he is far more deserving of a place than some going on tour - even if he never gets on the field, it would be beneficial for him to go anyway.

Bishop and Brew are never going to be more than stand-ins in the welsh jersey, waiting for Harry Robinson or Adam Warren to get a bit more experience (and there not going to get a chance at all if others stay fit) - seems a bit of a waste of a squad place when Biggar is only 22 and has bags of talent and potential to actually be a regular in the 10 shirt (its not like there are hundreds of players fighting for it - just Hook and Preistland.)

A 3rd 10 is worth a lot more than a stand-in 6th choice centre or 5th choice winger.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:04 am

mckay1402 wrote:I genuinely have no idea how brew keeps getting picked for Wales. He is utterly hopeless at international level.

Yet, when he gets a chance in the last couple of years, he generally scores. I agree with Alun really, he never gets the same ball he got at the Dragons and generally doesn't get the chance with ball in hand. Yet his record is pretty decent for Wales recently.

I know I could be accused of a bit of being a bit biased, but I will admit that Brew and Harries didn't deserve a call up anyway and the one Dragons back who did was Adam Hughes. Then again, neither did Robinson, but at least both wingers scored today. Neither Brew, nor Robinson will make the test squad barring injuries though, as I think (if JD2 is fit), the bench is a SH other than Phillips, Hook and Beck.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:10 am

Risca Rev wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:I genuinely have no idea how brew keeps getting picked for Wales. He is utterly hopeless at international level.

Yet, when he gets a chance in the last couple of years, he generally scores. I agree with Alun really, he never gets the same ball he got at the Dragons and generally doesn't get the chance with ball in hand. Yet his record is pretty decent for Wales recently.

I know I could be accused of a bit of being a bit biased, but I will admit that Brew and Harries didn't deserve a call up anyway and the one Dragons back who did was Adam Hughes. Then again, neither did Robinson, but at least both wingers scored today. Neither Brew, nor Robinson will make the test squad barring injuries though, as I think (if JD2 is fit), the bench is a SH other than Phillips, Hook and Beck.

Robinson is being developed for the future more than looking for players to start vs the Aussies.

Brew has scored for Wales - but has never had a chance vs real opposition, scoring against the Baabaas and Namibia isn't too difficult.

Brew is a big winger and that about it, he lacks the pace of Cuthbert and the potential to develop his reading of the game (which youngster like Robinson, Cuthbert and North have shown) - Im afraid he is a bit of a Nicky Walker.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:14 am

I agree with that. He doesn't possess much of a brain and can easily lose his rag and give away penalties. Good knows what well harries did to deserve a call up.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:17 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Duncan was up against a 20yr old making his debut for Wales out of position. Rhodri is a LH, and I think he did remarkably well at TH against a seasoned player like Duncan. Don't think we can read too much into it that Duncan bossed him about really Smile

It want a criticism of the young lad.

As you say I thought he held up well but I still think Duncan has something to offer Wales. he's a good scrummager and is decent around the park. Can't see why he doesn't get another chance really
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:18 am

mckay1402 wrote:I agree with that. He doesn't possess much of a brain and can easily lose his rag and give away penalties. Good knows what well harries did to deserve a call up.

Harries showed some potential a few seasons ago (something Brew hasn't really done) - but is call-up this time seems to have been more of a desperate call to try to find a decent winger to play against the baabaas.

I would have liked to see Hughes play though (I think he should be considered only a 13, but maybe it is best to start him on the wing for Wales if there is a lot of talent in the centre and not much on the wing - he can always move to 13 when needed or when he is more established)

Wales need talented wingers more than 13s at the moment, which is a bit strange.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:21 am

mckay1402 wrote:

It want a criticism of the young lad.

As you say I thought he held up well but I still think Duncan has something to offer Wales. he's a good scrummager and is decent around the park. Can't see why he doesn't get another chance really

But not better than Gethin, James, Gill or even Bevington at the moment

Plus he won't be around at the next WC - Gill and Bevington will be, and will only improve leading up to it, Duncan is reaching the downhill slope of his career unfortunately. Similar to Iestyn Thomas not returning to the fold. Gatland is looking to the future and it is paying dividends - there are no better experienced player to learn from that Adam and Gethin.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:01 am

Duncan is a fine player and has served both Wales and the Ospreys well. He is good around the park but I don't see him as a particularly strong scrumager, he turns in too easily for me and I have seen him penalised by strict refs too often.

Rhodri Jones is a big strong guy, but he has a long way to go before he is an international class TH. He did give Andrews a tuning at PYS at the end of the season, but that was from is usual LH berth.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 03 Jun 2012, 8:36 am

12next »
Liam Williams

Capped “crazy” first season in senior rugby by making his Test debut. Few chances to show off his running threat, but his time will come

Harry Robinson -

Marked first Wales cap with a jet-propelled finish, scorching the Millennium turf. As Shane bows out, a new chunkier version emerges - 8

Andrew Bishop -

Has re-established himself this season after a career-dip and did a lot of solid work. A reliable presence who is a real rock in defence - 7

James Hook -

Kicked goals and scored a great try, turning Heymans inside out with a dummy and a swerve. Is he too good to leave out of Test team? - 8

Aled Brew -

Put in a big farewell hit on Shane and snapped up the interception try that sealed Wales’ win. Gets tour spot ahead of Will Harries. - 6

Dan Biggar -

Having been told in the week he was missing out on a tour place, there was more pain for the fly-half who picked up a shoulder injury - 6

Lloyd Williams -

Did save two tries to redress an error, but may come under pressure for the Test bench spot from Rhys Webb, who put in a classy cameo - 6

Rhys Gill -

The Saracens loose-head puts in a lot of work around the park, but fell victim to Alain Rolland, who sin-binned him for killing ball - 6

Matthew Rees -

Suffered a dislocated finger early on, but expected to be fit for first Oz Test, where you’d imagine he will be sub cover for Ken Owens - 6

Rhodri Jones -

Tough ask for the young Scarlet loose-head to make his Test debut on the tight against Duncan Jones and came under scrum pressure - 6

Alun Wyn Jones -

Likely to be restricted to a bench spot in Brisbane next Saturday, with wedding commitments delaying journey Down Under - 7

Ian Evans -

A towering lineout presence and a huge display in loose, which he capped by snaring Shane late on. A shame he will miss first Test - 8

Josh Turnbull -

Put in some important tackles, the pick of which was when he bundled Tagicakibau into touch at the corner flag to save a certain try - 7

Ryan Jones -

Has had a great season and put in his usual graft before making way for Martyn Williams to bring up his century shortly after half-time - 7

Justin Tipuric -

My Man of the Match. Magnificent at breakdown, securing a turnover for Robinson’s try. What a back-up for Sam Warburton - 8

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/2012/06/02/wales-30-21-barbarians-how-the-players-rated-91466-31101039/#ixzz1wiY0idms

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 03 Jun 2012, 8:39 am

Seagultaf wrote:Duncan is a fine player and has served both Wales and the Ospreys well. He is good around the park but I don't see him as a particularly strong scrumager, he turns in too easily for me and I have seen him penalised by strict refs too often.

Rhodri Jones is a big strong guy, but he has a long way to go before he is an international class TH. He did give Andrews a tuning at PYS at the end of the season, but that was from is usual LH berth.

Duncan has had a reoccurring foot injury since 2005. It always seems to appear at the wrong time for him.

Very unfortunate as he has been a great player for Wales and the Ospreys. Great to see him finally get a Baa Baa's shirt. He missed an opportunity last time and it has been an ambition of his since he was a you glad showing talent.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:09 am

I am still not convinced by Hook in the centre though I guess his versatility is always a strong point.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:25 am

Since Howley had already decided who was going & who wasn't it is more of a reason perhaps for a 'scratchy' display.
Howley therefor didn't need any further indicators for players to put their hands up & didn't get any. It's always hard in these disjointed games. I do think in the end he will be relieved with the win but slightly disappointed in the lack of cohesion and ability to create chances.
I still can't fathom out why Biggar played 10 if there was no intention of taking him & then let Hook take the kicks.
Unless of course Biggar is a worse centre than Hook is at fly half (joke!)

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:57 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:I am still not convinced by Hook in the centre though I guess his versatility is always a strong point.

At least as a utility back sub he has plenty of international experience in a variety of positions.

I see him as a ten first and foremost though too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

maestegmafia wrote:That was a very handy Baa Baa side. They have improved remarkably in a week.
Or they were against a weaker side this week?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:50 am

sugarNspikes, please don't start something again, you know by now where this leads.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:59 am

biltongbek wrote:sugarNspikes, please don't start something again, you know by now where this leads.
Even though he was clearly having a pop at England I was actually complimenting Wales.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

I think they were always going to get better the BaaBaa's. If any team is together for two weeks they are always going to improve and be better than a team that has been together for one week, simples.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:35 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I think they were always going to get better the BaaBaa's. If any team is together for two weeks they are always going to improve and be better than a team that has been together for one week, simples.

Same with Wales now... They have had a few weeks together and most of the squad have had a week a limatising in Oz too. Come the first test wales's squad will have been together working on what they have already started building in the RWC and GS winning Six Nations.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:49 pm

Did anyone notice what our backrow was at the end of yesterdays game?

There were no recognised number 8's playing and AWJ was replaced, was it:

4. Evans
5. Turnbull / Shingler
6. Tipuric
7. Williams
8. Turnbull

Edit: nevermind just saw the replay, towards the end Shingler was playing 8, Williams blindside and Turnbull at lock

Last edited by IronMike on Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:58 pm

I thought Wales did well to withstand the forwards pressure asserted in the second half by the Barbarians. They brought on some huge forwards and we brought on our lightest haha Smile.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 03 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Ours were young too if you don't count Martyn Williams.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 03 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I think they were always going to get better the BaaBaa's. If any team is together for two weeks they are always going to improve and be better than a team that has been together for one week, simples.
Of course, same with any side. That's not what he meant though Very Happy

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:39 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:Since Howley had already decided who was going & who wasn't it is more of a reason perhaps for a 'scratchy' display.
Howley therefor didn't need any further indicators for players to put their hands up & didn't get any. It's always hard in these disjointed games. I do think in the end he will be relieved with the win but slightly disappointed in the lack of cohesion and ability to create chances.
I still can't fathom out why Biggar played 10 if there was no intention of taking him & then let Hook take the kicks.
Unless of course Biggar is a worse centre than Hook is at fly half (joke!)

Is there any evidence to say that Howley had already made up his mind? I would be suprised if he had. Unfortunately for Dan Biggar he had a poor game, but so did Lloyd Williams. I think that Robinsons try and darting play in the first half convinced Howley to give him Biggars place. I would have done the opposite.

Hook looked good at 10 when he switched at the end of the game, but I cringed during his run in for his try. Completely unmarked players either side of him and he persisted in showboating, which fortunately for him, came off.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:41 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Hook looked good at 10 when he switched at the end of the game, but I cringed during his run in for his try. Completely unmarked players either side of him and he persisted in showboating, which fortunately for him, came off.
I've not seen it yet. What did he do?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:24 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:Hook looked good at 10 when he switched at the end of the game, but I cringed during his run in for his try. Completely unmarked players either side of him and he persisted in showboating, which fortunately for him, came off.
I've not seen it yet. What did he do?

It was slightly exaggerated, Hook had Tipuric to his right and Brew to his left vs Heymans, as he was running with the ball in 2 hands Heymans had no idea where he was going and turned around, Hook decided then to go for the try himself, it would have taken something extraordinary to mess that try up and Hook knew exactly what he was doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:33 pm

I don't think he show boated, I think that he had so many options to his left and right that by the time he was thinking of playing the pass he was literally on the try line, so dived over himself. Cracking kick to convert his own try near the touch line also.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:47 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I don't think he show boated, I think that he had so many options to his left and right that by the time he was thinking of playing the pass he was literally on the try line, so dived over himself. Cracking kick to convert his own try near the touch line also.

I thought it was a great try, he completely turned Tagicakibau and Heymans inside out. Great skills by Hook.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

Anyone know why Wales only scored 3 tries against the Baa Baa's?

I thought there would be quite a few.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:51 pm

Well the sin binning didn't help. I still think 3 tries is a decent effort imo, the Baa Baa's actually defended quite well imo. I think its also due to the fact that this was a second XV team for Wales, who were all playing together as a team for the first time, with only a week to prepare for it. I was happy with the 3 tries tbh.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next