The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom

+3
TycroesOsprey
Bullsbok
Comfort
7 posters

Go down

P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom  Empty P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom

Post by Comfort Tue 29 May 2012, 5:05 pm

This boards becoming very tense recently!

I thought it may be a good idea to have a thread that focused on some of the funnier things you come along if you're a rugby fan.

One thing I love hearing, the quotes from players and coaches alike. Especially before big matches or grudge matches.

Whats tickled your pickle? Who tends to float your boat?

P-Divvy's rants tend to be amazing. Some of the more obvious granted, but they put a smile on my face!

"We are very organised at the moment. We do not want to become a fruit salad.'' - after winning 2009 Tri-Nations.

"I will not change my style. If I change my style I will change Peter de Villiers and then I would have to tell God that he made a mistake when he made me.''

"Why don't we go to the nearest ballet shop, get some tutus and get a dancing shop going? There will be no eye gouging, no tackling, no nothing, and we will enjoy it.'' - reacting to the accusations of gouging from Burger during the 1st Lions Test.

Obviously theres more, what made you laugh, or still does?

Comfort

Back to top Go down

P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom  Empty Re: P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom

Post by Bullsbok Tue 29 May 2012, 5:41 pm

On being misunderstood
“I don’t care if people don’t understand me. It’s not my duty to say directly to your face that you’re ugly, I say you aren’t pretty and if you can’t read between the lines then it’s not my problem. There’s no pill for stupid” - P divvy dropping one of his more understandable pearlers

Ahead of a test against Wales:
“We will give them a psychological advantage and we cannot allow that. We’ve read in the papers here that they believe South Africa are ripe for the picking. They’re comparing us with some fruit from a Welsh fruit farm but they need to know that when you pick fruit, it isn’t just apples and pears; there are prickly pears as well. We want to be a prickly pear for them this Saturday.”

On journalists and the media:
“I don’t care. I don’t take an interest in your job, but I’m glad you take an interest in mine.

We need more colorful guys like the Div in rugby .They make press conferences worth watching , not the run of the mill predictable dribble coaches around the world are forced to deliver because they dont want to be controversial
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom  Empty Re: P Divvy, Gatland and the pearls of wisdom

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue 29 May 2012, 6:17 pm

not gatts or Pdivvy but Lyn Jones after the ospreys lost,

"we could have fallen into a bucket of t1ts today and still come out sucking our thumbs"

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue 29 May 2012, 6:48 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:not gatts or Pdivvy but Lyn Jones after the ospreys lost,

"we could have fallen into a bucket of t1ts today and still come out sucking our thumbs"

LOL Yahoo
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Tue 29 May 2012, 7:20 pm

Gatland:
'Got my bucket. Now where did I put that ladder'.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 7:21 pm

P Divvy on Schalk Burger eye gouge:

"Rugby is a rough sport, this isnt ballet"

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 29 May 2012, 7:22 pm

Last year during the world cup when Puff diddy said here in NZ you get 5 seasons in one day.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 7:36 pm

Some gems in there for sure, well done people Yahoo Pdivvy is a lyrical legend, he's like a modern day confucius. If there was a fifth season, nz would bloody well have it on one day to. Hansen recently said 'nz has an aging hooker problem'.

Last edited by EBOP on Tue 29 May 2012, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue 29 May 2012, 7:39 pm

EBOP wrote:Some gems in there for sure, well done people Yahoo Pdivvy is a lyrical legend, he's like a modern day confusias. If there was a fifth season, nz would bloody well have it on one day to. Hansen recently said 'nz has an aging hooker problem'.

Oh thats not appropriate at all Shocked
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 29 May 2012, 7:40 pm

EBOP wrote:Some gems in there for sure, well done people Yahoo Pdivvy is a lyrical legend, he's like a modern day confusias. If there was a fifth season, nz would bloody well have it on one day to. Hansen recently said 'nz has an aging hooker problem'.
I suppose that's not good for the industry then, eh?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue 29 May 2012, 9:17 pm

Did PDivvy ever star in a Bollywood action film when he was younger, cause every time I see this clip I think its him! Every. time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4iDWXstrWY

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Tue 29 May 2012, 9:47 pm

The guy is simply multi-talented..... bollywood stud and deadly shot on his off days, the best Australian coach they never had the rest.

Its a popular look however... every other man aged over 40 in the Cape seems to sport a PDivvy Moustache.... he's such an idol here Shocked

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down