The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Kessler

+8
Imperial Ghosty
trottb
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Lance
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
Steffan
azania
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Froch vs Kessler Empty Froch vs Kessler

Post by azania Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:41

Looks like its on and in the UK.

Massive props to Kessler for coming into the lion's den and huge props to Froch for once again taking on the tough fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Kessler Empty Re: Froch vs Kessler

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:48

Source?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:48

Come on the Viking OK

Wouldnt mind going to this matchup actually

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:49

Seanusarrilius wrote:Source?
Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:50

Sky teletext. Page 444, 1st article.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:51

Steffan wrote:
Spoiler:

Hahaha

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/173051-froch-lines-up-kessler-rematch-for-his-first-ibf-title-defense

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:53

"I’d much rather fight Kessler than Andre Ward because Kessler’s a fighting man, a man of my own stature. He comes to fight. When you’ve got two warriors with so much respect for each other there is no love lost in the ring. You have respect for each other before and after, but in the ring you go in there and do it as warriors.”

steam

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:57

They are both warriors who love a bit of toe to toe. Sounds a tad kinky that actually...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:58

Steffan wrote:"I’d much rather fight Kessler than Andre Ward because Kessler’s a fighting man, a man of my own stature. He comes to fight. When you’ve got two warriors with so much respect for each other there is no love lost in the ring. You have respect for each other before and after, but in the ring you go in there and do it as warriors.”

steam

So true Carl. You tell em. Steffan loves you Carl, he does. I know you are weakening to Froch brilliance. Admit it, admit it for me.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 18:59

AlexHuckerby wrote:They are both warriors who love a bit of toe to toe. Sounds a tad kinky that actually...

There almost too matey now, these two. Mind you, a couple of dinks in the gob and they'll be at it like teenagers.....sorry

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:00; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:00

Steffan wrote:"I’d much rather fight Kessler than Andre Ward because Kessler’s a fighting man, a man of my own stature. He comes to fight. When you’ve got two warriors with so much respect for each other there is no love lost in the ring. You have respect for each other before and after, but in the ring you go in there and do it as warriors.”

steam

Sounds like he knows Ward is the better fighter and would win any rematch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:01

azania wrote:

steam

I was more annoyed by Frochs constant use of the word 'Warrior' mad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:02

azania wrote:

steam

True, but they're aint going to be a rematch. WAR FROCH V KESSLER!!!!!

Btw the way,

Steffan. Do you know Shenglong?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:02

sounds like it will be an awful ego stroking build up to the fight. but who cares will be a great fight. think froch would be better off showing ward a bit more respect though, its called boxing after all and the guy embarassed him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:02

Just so we're clear on this, Froch is a warrior, a man of stature, who loves going toe to toe in the ring (where there's no love lost). As is Kessler. It's all about respect.

Hope it happens, I'll be there if it does. Hopefully someone will tie Eddie Hearn to his seat on the off chance Kessler has to take a standing 8.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:03

Think he feels Kessler is a better fight for the fans, easier fight to make and more of a chance of winning to me.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:03

Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:

steam

I was more annoyed by Frochs constant use of the word 'Warrior' mad

He is a warrior. WARFROCHIOR!!!

Face it SteffanShenalongAzania. Froch is the new superstar of British boxing. He eclipses everything Clev could ever hope to achieve and he is Zeus reincarnated to boot.

Still friends?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:04

Seanusarrilius wrote:Steffan. Do you know Shenglong?
Well I did on the old 606 but hes banned from here aint he

Why you ask that?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:04

AlexHuckerby wrote:Think he feels Kessler is a better fight for the fans, easier fight to make and more of a chance of winning to me.

Exactly. Avenge this one. Move onto Stieglitz and then Bute in Montreal if he is mad enough to take it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:05

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote: Hopefully someone will tie Eddie Hearn to his seat on the off chance Kessler has to take a standing 8.
Laugh OK

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:06

Seanusarrilius wrote:Face it SteffanShenalongAzania. Froch is the new superstar of British boxing. He eclipses everything Clev could ever hope to achieve and he is Zeus reincarnated to boot.

Still friends?
Well not if your accusing me of being members that im not

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:08

kessler looked good against green, froch was at his best against bute. always knew we would get this rematch, but im pleased its happening now and not just purely a money spinner when they are both shot. theres still a lot to fight for, with the victor becoming as sellable as theye ever been

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:08

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Face it SteffanShenalongAzania. Froch is the new superstar of British boxing. He eclipses everything Clev could ever hope to achieve and he is Zeus reincarnated to boot.

Still friends?
Well not if your accusing me of being members that im not

Oh ShengSteffan. I know you're not them. Just similar is all. So similar it makes me pine for th eold 606 days where threads ran free and bare.

Jokes aside, how do you see Froch Kessler II? For all your negafrochity, you normally give a reasoned prediction.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:10

It will be a good fight. Can't wait to see it. It will decide who the real World Super Middleweight Paper champion is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:10

Lance wrote:kessler looked good against green, froch was at his best against bute. always knew we would get this rematch, but im pleased its happening now and not just purely a money spinner when they are both shot. theres still a lot to fight for, with the victor becoming as sellable as theye ever been

That;s how I see it. Guarenteed entertainment between numbers 2 and 3 in division. Sorry Dirrell, you have to fight to be counted.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:15

Seanusarrilius wrote:Jokes aside, how do you see Froch Kessler II? For all your negafrochity, you normally give a reasoned prediction
Kessler by very close SD. I assume you think Froch will win?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:17

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Jokes aside, how do you see Froch Kessler II? For all your negafrochity, you normally give a reasoned prediction
Kessler by very close SD. I assume you think Froch will win?

I think the same as always really mate. If Froch fight KEssler in UK, then it will be a close Froch win. And if in Denmark, vice versa.

But given they have both had shicking KO wins this weekend.We might see something very interesting if they do meet a second time. Exciting stuff though, good fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:19

Seanusarrilius wrote:But given they have both had shicking KO wins this weekend.We might see something very interesting if they do meet a second time. Exciting stuff though, good fight.
I do hope it is a good fight. By the way why is your name in the same colour writing as a mod?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:20

When you go all fancy and blue?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:21

AlexHuckerby wrote:When you go all fancy and blue?
In the last half hour it looks like Shocked

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:21

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:But given they have both had shicking KO wins this weekend.We might see something very interesting if they do meet a second time. Exciting stuff though, good fight.
I do hope it is a good fight. By the way why is your name in the same colour writing as a mod?

Haha, yes. A few of the mods arn't able to make it on the board as reg and with Windy gone, Chris and I threw our caps in. Don't worry, it will be as always, just want to keep the baord going, so happy to help.

War Froch! Still applies in the undertows of everything I say.

Haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:24

Steffan might just be watching himself a little more for a week or so.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:24

Seanusarrilius wrote:Haha, yes. A few of the mods arn't able to make it on the board as reg and with Windy gone, Chris and I threw our caps in. Don't worry, it will be as always, just want to keep the baord going, so happy to help
Congratulations thumbsup

Whos Chris?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:25

AlexHuckerby wrote:Steffan might just be watching himself a little more for a week or so.
No chance. I dont take no nonsense off any mod Very Happy

WAR KESSLER

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:27

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Haha, yes. A few of the mods arn't able to make it on the board as reg and with Windy gone, Chris and I threw our caps in. Don't worry, it will be as always, just want to keep the baord going, so happy to help
Congratulations thumbsup

Whos Chris?

88Chris05, who is probably the most sensible choice to be fair.

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got his name wrong lulz)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:28

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Steffan might just be watching himself a little more for a week or so.
No chance. I dont take no nonsense off any mod Very Happy

WAR KESSLER

Steffan knows I have a soft spot for him really. Now, how to you use this ban button?...KIDDING! Nothing will change, onwards and upwards gents...or sideways

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:39; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:32

Must admit I'm with Steffan on the whole "warrior" thing. I find it terribly cringeworthy.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:37

I find it funny to be honest. Froch often points things out about himself that he either, a) wishes others thought of him or b) others might think of him on some level, but he can't help himself from pointing out anyway.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:41

A fight i've been looking forward to for ages, hopefully it's another barnstormer with Froch coming out on top, then we get to see it all again in America for the trilogy decider, what I hope happens anyway.

Froch seems to be closer to his best than Kessler which could turn the tide his way, injuries seem to be taking there toll a little bit and Kessler looks the more vulnerable of the pair, if Froch keeps the pressure up for a full 12 rounds he should get the win. In my humble opinion he took his foot off the gas at times in the first fight when it was there for the taking, was admiring his good work a bit too much.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:45

Imperial Ghosty wrote:A fight i've been looking forward to for ages, hopefully it's another barnstormer with Froch coming out on top, then we get to see it all again in America for the trilogy decider, what I hope happens anyway.

Froch seems to be closer to his best than Kessler which could turn the tide his way, injuries seem to be taking there toll a little bit and Kessler looks the more vulnerable of the pair, if Froch keeps the pressure up for a full 12 rounds he should get the win. In my humble opinion he took his foot off the gas at times in the first fight when it was there for the taking, was admiring his good work a bit too much.

I though he admired his work too. There is one particular punch in the first fight recap (from Showtime) where Froch hits him with a thumping right and staggers Kess. What does Frch do? Pull his arm back like a robot and step toward the ropes, inviting Kessler to gather himself and come on as the agressor!? Can't happen again.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:47

It was a very frustrating fight as Kessler was there for the taking at different points in the fight but for whatever reason he didn't follow up, Kessler was a comfortable winner but was also the one who was clearly being hurt.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:49

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It was a very frustrating fight as Kessler was there for the taking at different points in the fight but for whatever reason he didn't follow up, Kessler was a comfortable winner but was also the one who was clearly being hurt.

So true.

On an interesting sidebar. Check out Groves saying he wants a piece of The Cobra

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/05/george-groves-wants-carl-froch-fight.html

NOt sure he is there yet. Didn't Froch knock him down in sparring last year?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:52

No offence to Groves but at the moment Froch would swat him aside with contempt nor should it or will happen.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:53

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:It was a very frustrating fight as Kessler was there for the taking at different points in the fight but for whatever reason he didn't follow up, Kessler was a comfortable winner but was also the one who was clearly being hurt.

So true.

On an interesting sidebar. Check out Groves saying he wants a piece of The Cobra

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/05/george-groves-wants-carl-froch-fight.html

Froch has already responded to Groves offer

He said "George is not at my level yet, but he is a warrior. If we fought it would be 2 warriors in the ring at it..."

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:53

Imperial Ghosty wrote:No offence to Groves but at the moment Froch would swat him aside with contempt nor should it or will happen.

Haha, swat. Groves and degale are going to have an even tougher road to an alphabelt if Froch beats Kess and goes for the WBO. Ward and Froch as double belt holders. Step aside young uns, ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 28 May 2012 - 19:54

Steffan wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

So true.

Froch has already responded to Groves offer

He said "George is not at my level yet, but he is a warrior. If we fought it would be 2 warriors in the ring at it..."

Hahahahahha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 28 May 2012 - 20:00

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:No offence to Groves but at the moment Froch would swat him aside with contempt nor should it or will happen.

Haha, swat. Groves and degale are going to have an even tougher road to an alphabelt if Froch beats Kess and goes for the WBO. Ward and Froch as double belt holders. Step aside young uns, ha

Neither of them could hurt him nor do they have the skill set to outbox him and they aren't yet physically strong enough to take on the big guns. Compared to Froch, Ward, Kessler, Bute and Dirrell they look tiny, they both have a long way to go before they can compete amongst the elite.

Little side note Froch has said at numerous times he has no interest in the WBO belt and doesn't consider it prestigious enough to bother with, whether he genuinely means that is another issue.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 May 2012 - 20:05

Groves better wake up and apologise. Good that he's calling some one out, but Goergie, wake up and smell the coffee.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BarneyRubble Mon 28 May 2012 - 20:10

I could actually see this happening but only down the road.

Froch has business with Kessler, maybe Bute again and Ward. This will take a couple of years by which time Groves may have earned a shot.

But when did earning a shot mean anything???

BarneyRubble

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 28 May 2012 - 20:13

I think home advantage will make the difference in this. Kessler has mixed success on the road but came up against two of the best in Ward and Calzaghe on his travels and cant see him being fazed by the atmosphere with his experience and mentality.

I think in a fight like this thats is close small things like home support can make all the difference. Froch is the champion and at home which should give him the edge on the cards should the fight be close. Kessler has the mental edge having been the winner last time though and he knows what he has to do here.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next